Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. (6946 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by chukkynwob(m): 12:49am On Mar 22, 2013
thehomer:

I think far more Christians here don't have a clue about how science works.

You may or may not be right ,but the crux of the matter is that unlike christians (who believe by faith) most atheists claim they deducted that God is a myth through conclusions from science and logic,naturally you would expect such individuals to at least know the principles of basic science.

2 Likes

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

Could it be you're on ooman's level of comprehensive abilities? Do you need crayons as well? Let me fill in the fairly blatant blanks

This, mind you, in response to his assertion that entropy does not increase in a closed system....
He mistakens gaining one sort of order to mean overall order does not decrease

Now please, mastah scientist, explain ooman's glorious point....

the truth is both of you are equally clueless at this point. His claim that entropy does not increase in a closed system... is not true... infact just by looking at statistical probabilities, the likelihood that entropy will increase in a closed system is by far higher. Cases where entropy decreases in a closed system is very low (one of the situations where this might be true is in situations where there is significant gravitational force).

With regard to your response to him, frankly it was incomprehensible gibberish.

As far as muskeeto is concerned... it appears discussions that have more to do with science are so far above his pay grade that he is simply left with adhominems. I doubt he could define entropy if he didnt have the internet. But of course i leave you all to your fruitless shenanigans.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

Could it be that davidylan too is wrong. Dumb eediot, go back to school. How can a closed system 'gain' or lose anything? Does that make sense to you? The fact that you even used order to qualify entropy is enough reason to know you are a junk. These are the 'wise' NL atheists. Its a shame.

lol good point. grin
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

He believes yah'weh exists. Considering how judeoxtian myths, ethos, etc, permeate everything they do, that would make him wrong about a lot of stuff by default.

I never claim to be wise

He was clearly wrong with his interpretation of my statement, just as you (blatantly) were. Notice how he ran away? Anyone with a working brain can spot that hence I never bothered to correct you. By leaving it that way, you advertise your foo.lishness to anybody with the ability to think without my having to do anything. I'm not sure if I should be disappointed with david or not...

And claiming entropy does not increase in a closed system is one of the stoopidest things a pseudo-scientist could say. One way or the other something MUST pay the price. You have absolutely no grasp of what the concept means, probably even if you take the strictly scientific interpretation which you've deluded yourself into thinking you understand. Also, what is this about entropy having nothing to do with 'order'?

Che! Are you sure you were not indoctrinated into atheism? Maybe you grew up in china?

oh dear... the self conceit of the atheist. I suppose i should quit my job to sit around responding to wiegraf's every post.

hmmm i notice you did not address ooman's point... how do you lose energy in a CLOSED system? grin
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

Or perhaps, your own stupi.dity made you an atheist.

Could two different people misconstrue you exactly? I think its time you take a break, perhaps seek forgiveness in a church. That people are Theists in no way suggest they are not wise and that in no way makes you wiser. You must be an eediot for saying believing in God makes people wrong by default. Do you know that the foundation of scientific laws were laid by Theists? Fool! Do some reading.

Finally, only eediots will use the terms "gain" "lose" to qualify a closed system. Equilibrium is the term used, junk.

WHAT? An atheist actually makes the point we've been saying for so so long? shocked cheesy Hallelujah!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 22, 2013
Man... ooman sure cleaned the clocks of many here! cheesy

Imagine someone talking about zero in a closed system... oh dear!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 3:07am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

the truth is both of you are equally clueless at this point. His claim that entropy does not increase in a closed system... is not true... infact just by looking at statistical probabilities, the likelihood that entropy will increase in a closed system is by far higher. Cases where entropy decreases in a closed system is very low (one of the situations where this might be true is in situations where there is significant gravitational force).

First bold, good ser, I'd commend your honesty but you couldn't lie in this situation, else you'd look as foolish as ooman, and that's rather low.

Second bold, how convenient. Muskeeto you claim ran off had no issues with it, yet here you are..
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 3:10am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

oh dear... the self conceit of the atheist. I suppose i should quit my job to sit around responding to wiegraf's every post.

hmmm i notice you did not address ooman's point... how do you lose energy in a CLOSED system? grin

And here, my rabid chihuahua, please show where I state that you lose energy in a closed system. I'll be here all day (actually I have $hit to do, but you get the point). You don't understand the post, why comment on it? You sound as foolish as the great ooman himself.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

And here, my rabid chihuahua, please show where I state that you lose energy in a closed system. I'll be here all day (actually I have $hit to do, but you get the point). You don't understand the post, why comment on it? You sound as foolish as the great ooman himself.

apparently you lack the capacity to rationally present a point. Trading physics principles is wasted on those who merely raise their voice to avoid the indignity of acknowledging they actually have no idea what they talk about.

Like ooman rightly pointed out... adhominems are the last refuge of the weak and ignorant. Good day.

By the way... try and address ooman's point of how you achieve zero in a closed system.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 3:13am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

WHAT? An atheist actually makes the point we've been saying for so so long? shocked cheesy Hallelujah!

He's a nontheist abegi grin

He's single handedly reducing our collective IQ to muslim levels. Now, ansah my questions...
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

He's a nontheist abegi grin

He's single handedly reducing our collective IQ to muslim levels. Now, ansah my questions...

i would rather watch paint dry.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Alfamann: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2013
I think there is a competition between davidylan and ooman to see who makes least sense.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

apparently you lack the capacity to rationally present a point. Trading physics principles is wasted on those who merely raise their voice to avoid the indignity of acknowledging they actually have no idea what they talk about.

Like ooman rightly pointed out... adhominems are the last refuge of the weak and ignorant. Good day.

Shut up and show me where I said that you eediot, instead of all this diverting tactics nonsense.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:15am On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann: I think there is a competition between davidylan and ooman to see who makes least sense.

Again another who simply comes with bluster and no point. Where have i made no sense? Can you exactly show me why and how it is wrong?

Wonder why alfamann is finding it so difficult to show us where we have not made sense... perhaps he himself understands nothing of what is discussed here. As usual he just wants to abuse anyone who is not an atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 3:20am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

Again another who simply comes with bluster and no point. Where have i made no sense? Can you exactly show me why and how it is wrong?

Just above, you claimed I said energy increases in a closed system, along some other nonsense about order being entropy. That makes no sense. Where? I dey wait ohhh...

Seriously, in your blind rage you're quoting.....ooman

Ooman that copy/pastes from urban dictionary... And even those copypastas he does not understand.

David...
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

Just above, you claimed I said energy increases in a closed system, along some other nonsense about order being entropy. That makes no sense. Where? I dey wait ohhh...

Seriously, in your blind rage you're quoting.....ooman

Ooman that copy/pastes from urban dictionary... And even those copypastas he does not understand.

David...

Rage ke? Bro rage is a complete waste of time... i've never met you so why should i be enraged at you?
Perhaps you're projecting your problem to me. pele o.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 4:06am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

Rage ke? Bro rage is a complete waste of time... i've never met you so why should i be enraged at you?
Perhaps you're projecting your problem to me. pele o.

So, brah, why changing topic so soon? Distracting, etc...

Who jumped in blindly thinking he could finally score a point over his atheist overlords and their world conquering agenda?

What was that about adhominems? You didn't address anything with this post. Well, other than demonstrate davidylanesque whargarbl

edit; if it wasn't rage btw that would make you ooman levels foolish
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 7:25am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

As far as muskeeto is concerned... it appears discussions that have more to do with science are so far above his pay grade that he is simply left with adhominems. I doubt he could define entropy if he didnt have the internet. But of course i leave you all to your fruitless shenanigans.

Hi, for the bold. Notice the only thing I contended is Gain and Loss in a closed system-which you confirm to be a good point. Where did the bold come from then?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 7:35am On Mar 22, 2013
chukkynwob:
Actually a hypothesis is an educated postulation from past experiences and observations,a guess is based on nothing.

Albeit hypothesis are still guesses though

Acceptable from someone who understands hypothesis are deductive reasonings.

Not acceptable from someone who think the whole of evolution is a guess (LB) which he said here - www.nairaland.com/1231387/twenty-questions-atheists-struggle-answer#14846240.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

Wonder why alfamann is finding it so difficult to show us where we have not made sense... perhaps he himself understands nothing of what is discussed here. As usual he just wants to abuse anyone who is not an atheist.

These NL atheists have the lowest level of moral and morale of all forums i have been to. Rather than address the OP they love to derail all threads with invectives. They are so comfortable wallowing in their ignorance rather learn something.

Am sure most of them just had a bad childhood and they took umbrage at God.

2 Likes

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

i would rather watch paint dry.

lol grin
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan: Man... ooman sure cleaned the clocks of many here! cheesy

Imagine someone talking about zero in a closed system... oh dear!

I sure did!!! angry grin wink
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

lol good point. grin

yep
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2013
chukkynwob: Dear Ooman,
I've been a way for awhile I was surprised to see this thread but without further ado let me get straight to my point,

Personally,I have always advocated meaningful conversations where we can agree to disagree like civilised people(that we are),therefore I feel it is inappropriate to insult Logicboy( he can be annoying) or anyother poster because in the end insulting people will not make them to suddenly accept your position in an argument.

My only word for you my dear NL pal is to AGREE TO DISAGREE; even if your opponent in the argument is adamant to reason and logic, a 3rd party reading your comments might make sense of the viewpoint.

Just kiss and makeup with Logicboy and other wonderful atheists on this board.
Cheers

Personally, i never got in a strop. I only had problems with his claims. Calling thermodynamics pseudoscience is never what i would accept from anyone irrespective of if they call themselves atheists or theists. Again, he said evolution is a guess. These comments bug me. I'd rather abandon nairaland than leave those silly comments untreated!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

Hi, for the bold. Notice the only thing I contended is Gain and Loss in a closed system-which you confirm to be a good point. Where did the bold come from then?

https://www.nairaland.com/1230274/striktlymi-davidylan-right-wrong#14828126

ooman:

Do you know that the entropy of a closed system cannot also increase.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2013
thehomer:

I think far more Christians here don't have a clue about how science works.

It is general, but making silly claims when one lack clue isnt the way to go.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:30am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

ok, i tought it was in this thread.

Notice LB's quote:

MacDaddy01:
]"Evolution violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics."

This shows more a misconception about thermodynamics than about evolution. The second law of thermodynamics says, "No process is possible in which the sole result is the transfer of energy from a cooler to a hotter body." [Atkins, 1984, The Second Law, pg. 25:

Now you may be scratching your head wondering what this has to do with evolution. The confusion arises when the 2nd law is phrased in another equivalent way, "The entropy of a closed system cannot decrease." Entropy is an indication of unusable energy and often (but not always!) corresponds to intuitive notions of disorder or randomness. Creationists thus misinterpret the 2nd law to say that things invariably progress from order to disorder.

That was relative to his posting that quote!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

Lol, u still dey here? I find it hard to believe that all this began from a thread on suicide..
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, u still dey here? I find it hard to believe that all this began from a thread on suicide..

are you regretting?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:35am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

By the way... try and address ooman's point of how you achieve zero in a closed system.

He hasnt been able to do that. Am still waiting too!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

are you regretting?
Nope. Your foolishness made Pyguru realise his life wasnt as bad as he thought it was. WHEN would you accept that you totally missed the Op on that thread, our dear spick and span, good samaritan wannabe atheist?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2013
davidylan:

I didn't notice this particular brand of foo.lishness earlier. Now I'm mad, genuinely.

wiegraf:
Entropy has no effect in a closed system? Do you even know what the 3rd law is??

ooman:
Silly fool! How does the 3rd law apply to a closed system? Quote the 3rd law first, then tell me how your dumb, mutated dorky brain think it applies to a closed system.

Unthinking eediot - another blind atheist.

It seems for some magical reason I suppose only ooman knows, the laws of thermodynamics do not apply in closed system. First the second, now the third. Moving on..

wiegraf:

Can absolute zero be reached?

Do note I never said it could be reached. I'm asking if it could reach just to point out the rather obvious. Work is zero? Then entropy is zero. For work to be zero, temperature has to be absolute zero. As absolute zero cannot be reached...

I hope I don't have to f34343g spell everything out to a PHD...

Anyways, our hero's brilliant response was;

ooman:

[size=15]"REACHING"[/size] absolute ZERO when talking about A CLOSED SYSTEM.? ? ?? ? ?? ?

I 'd rather start playing game than reply your next comment!

You sir, are a real dunce.

Let me just quote you again, to highlight your RANK FOOLISHNESS

davidylan:

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A FU43475G SCIENTIST FFS WTF KIND OF SUNDAY SCHOOL GAVE YOU A PHD?? WHATREUAOEEBF JKSADHFRB AKJKNFRASAEF

Bleep you...FOUCK YOU FOUCK U FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....RRRRRRRRRRRRWQEAD

Jokes aside, really, FOUCK YOU

edits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! / Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong / Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.