Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims (6538 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by onegig(m): 11:51am On Jun 12, 2013
Salam.nice thread...willing to volunteer. Although not in lagos as at now but I do make frequent stops there in a month which can be put to good use. You can drop the requirements needed of us or what sacrifices we are to make.. August is around the corner already and we need to hit the ground running. May Allah make this easy on us all amin.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
I actually don't understand what the problem is. The proposal is done.

What next.

someone has to take the lead/agree to be leading so everyone can listen to him/her undecided

some other people apart from Ify that you mentioned to be busy with tehn may have been notbusy all the while.

The number of people who have volunteered is quite large enough.
tbaba1234:

I brought a suggestion and wrote a proposal already, the rest is to raise funds and implement. This can work if a few people are passionate about this. I can't make people passionate.

If i wanted to be the 'implementor', i would do something in private.

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
deols: I actually don't understand what the problem is. The proposal is done.

What next.

someone has to take the lead/agree to be leading so everyone can listen to him/her undecided

some other people apart from Ify that you mentioned to be busy with tehn may have been notbusy all the while.

The number of people who have volunteered is quite large enough.

We already have Jarus to head the finance committee, we still need at least one more person so that we can set up an account.

I can't be a member of finance since i am the person who brought up the suggestion.

So that is where we are.

In sha Allah we can set up an account soon.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
do you want this other person to volunteer or you want to choose from the list of existing volunteers?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Someone has to volunteer for the role. which existing volunteers?

We could also just keep only Jarus in charge of that.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
onegig: Salam.nice thread...willing to volunteer. Although not in lagos as at now but I do make frequent stops there in a month which can be put to good use. You can drop the requirements needed of us or what sacrifices we are to make.. August is around the corner already and we need to hit the ground running. May Allah make this easy on us all amin.

here is one.

There are others in previous pages.

I dont agree with putting one person in charge and there is nothing wrong with you being one of them.

In fact, if I were you, I'd want yo know all that goes on in that committee.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
^ Neither do i but no one indicated interest for the finance committee. Sino said he would work for planning and implementation but not finance. The ONLY other person to have volunteered other than sino and Jarus is Dominique. That is before onegig today.

I suggested Jarus and ifyalways but ify is busy.

I would send a mail to Jarus but other people have to indicate interest for this particular role so that they can coordinate with Jarus.

I can't have anything to do with the finance because i started this. It is a conflict of interest.

We should get constant update on bank balance on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. With internet banking,
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
onegig: Salam.nice thread...willing to volunteer. Although not in lagos as at now but I do make frequent stops there in a month which can be put to good use. You can drop the requirements needed of us or what sacrifices we are to make.. August is around the corner already and we need to hit the ground running. May Allah make this easy on us all amin.

Amin.

Would you consider working with jarus in the finance committee.. The role is simple, collect money, give us weekly bank statements etc??
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oya, onegig where are you?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
Confirming my availability again.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by DisGuy: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2013
I dont see anything wrong with one person being in charge of finance- someone can join later

And i also dont see the 'conflict' of interest'- these are schools you have absolutely nothing to do with
you're kids and relatives are not there

anything to get it moving would be good for a start
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Jarus: Confirming my availability again.

Well, you should looking into the modalities of setting up an account.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Well, you should looking into the modalities of setting up an account.

You cant set up a bank account without registration and all that.

Even as established as TEHN has become, we use individual (members') accounts.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
^ I am talking of an individual account preferably with internet banking.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ I am talking of an individual account preferably with internet banking.

I use my GTB account for TEHN. I can make it available for this project too.

Modality:

1, I drop my account with Moderators and you
2, The account number will not be publicly published
3, Interested donors will indicate interest and the account number will be PM'ed or sent to them by email or by sms (depending on how they want).
4, I report receipts and update on thread

That's what we do in TEHN.

We also have paypal for foreign donors, which a member living abroad makes available. A trusted brother/sister abroad with a paypal account can also be used for foreign payments.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
^What if someone makes an anonymous donation, how would you know if it's for TEHN or this one?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
I thought Zayhal and kemiola volunteered
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
siddiq202: ^What if someone makes an anonymous donation, how would you know if it's for TEHN or this one?

Nobody makes donation without telling what it is for, even if he/she says you should not mention his name in public, and descrbe him/her as anonymous.

In any case, TEHN doesn't have a fund raising at the moment. So the last we had was about 3 or 4 months ago. I don't expect any inflow for TEHN for now.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Jarus:

I use my GTB account for TEHN. I can make it available for this project too.

Modality:

1, I drop my account with Moderators and you
2, The account number will not be publicly published
3, Interested donors will indicate interest and the account number will be PM'ed or sent to them by email or by sms (depending on how they want).
4, I report receipts and update on thread

That's what we do in TEHN.

We also have paypal for foreign donors, which a member living abroad makes available. A trusted brother/sister abroad with a paypal account can also be used for foreign payments.

This is great....

Is everyone fine with this??
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
I am fine with this
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by onegig(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Amin.

Would you consider working with jarus in the finance committee.. The role is simple, collect money, give us weekly bank statements etc??
i guess the modalities set by Jarus is perfect. Having too many recipients is not too good,its better we have just a solitary recipient. I will however be willing to work in other areas like getting a suitable location ,shopping for the items, meeting with designated community and other things.

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by onegig(m): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
also some people might be interested in dropping items needed such as sponsoring the purchase of extra books and other things...question is: Do we focus the donations only on money, what about other items?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
I don't think we should focus on money donations alone, donations in kind should also be given attention.

I reckon we ask such donors to tell us their location, and ask them to drop with the nearest member. E.g, I stay in Ajah, so I can arrange meeting any donor within Ajah/Lekki for pick-up. Alternatively, they can bring it to the venue.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
I think the proposal should now be presented for us all to see and thereafter we can give the thread a home page exposure.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
deols: I think the proposal should now be presented for us all to see and thereafter we can give the thread a home page exposure.

The proposal is on page 3 of this thread
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
siddiq202:

The proposal is on page 3 of this thread

thanks. I think we are on track
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
A thread has been created.

The mods should have a look.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2013
^Is there a reason jarushub@gmail.com is not written correctly on the proposed front page thread?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
Corrected
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
I think there should be a link to this thread on the new thread, so people can know how we came about the project.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 12:01am On Jun 16, 2013
siddiq202: I think there should be a link to this thread on the new thread, so people can know how we came about the project.

I am not quite sure about the wisdom of this. Why don't we just throw the idea out there as tbaba has done there and see what comes out of it. I am only suggesting o.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 12:03am On Jun 16, 2013
tbaba1234: Corrected

Thank you. I found it queer and confusing the way it was before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How A Western Muslim Left Islam / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.