Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims (6582 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 12:16am On Jun 16, 2013
maclatunji:

I am not quite sure about the wisdom of this. Why don't we just throw the idea out there as tbaba has done there and see what comes out of it. I am only suggesting o.
I only gave suggestion too, it doesnt have to be followed/done. I said that to avoid some questions that might be asked by some people.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 12:21am On Jun 16, 2013
siddiq202:
I only gave suggestion too, it doesnt have to be followed/done. I said that to avoid some questions that might be asked by some people.

Your suggestion has been implemented which is not a bad thing. I just kind of love the 'surprise' factor that would exist if many people who will now see this project idea for the first time from the other thread did not know of the existence of this thread.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 6:32am On Jun 16, 2013
^Ok.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Jarus(m): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
Can we appoint people to collect 'donations in kind' in various parts of Lagos?

I have got a couple of requests of people wanting to donate materials, not sure of what to tell them yet.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus: Can we appoint people to collect 'donations in kind' in various parts of Lagos?

I have got a couple of requests of people wanting to donate materials, not sure of what to tell them yet.

I think it is a good idea. I also see that socks are not included. Getting donations to include other things would make things better.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
I support too.

We should be able to get people to collect them. Bro sino and others living in Lagos, over to you.

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus: Can we appoint people to collect 'donations in kind' in various parts of Lagos?

It can be picked up, just need to arrange a pick-up location.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by sino(m): 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
siddiq202: I support too.

We should be able to get people to collect them. Bro sino and others living in Lagos, over to you.
I'm still available, the location should be stated and the address forwarded to my mail, preferably the mainland.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
siddiq202: I support too.

i stay in lagos too
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
Assalamu aleikum,

Where are the poorest neighbourhoods in lagos?

The mods should please keep promoting the donation page, it would be great to get it on the front page every two weeks or 3 weeks . Just to remind people.

We need a set implementation committee. Volunteers are welcome.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
tbaba1234: Assalamu aleikum,

Where are the poorest neighbourhoods in lagos?

The mods should please keep promoting the donation page, it would be great to get it on the front page every two weeks or 3 weeks . Just to remind people.

We need a set implementation committee. Volunteers are welcome.

I suggest we do research in this regard. The poorest neighbourhoods might not necessarily be the be the best places to present the donations.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
There is a question by ifyalways on the deadline for donations.

I think it should be answered.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by olawalebabs(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
Must the donation be in lag? There is this village i served in ondo state. Most of the muslims in that community are being converted by little things that are use to entice them. I suggest we go to the hinterland. Won't mind if you can come up arewa.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by ibscrib: 8:05am On Jul 06, 2013
Am much in support of this initiative. Let's have a 5-man committee to look into the host/recipient community rather than making it too open else we will continue to suggest till time passes.
May Allah ease the task for us. Shukran
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 12:39am On Jul 07, 2013
Hey guys,

For those still interested in the implementation, I think it is time we start talking so that we can start some ground work.

If you use a smart phone, install whatsapp.

Send me an email showing interest tbaba1234@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have Jarus and sino. The others should please restate their interest by sending an email.

May Allah grant you goodness.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
I am still expecting volunteers in sha Allah.

I would be appearing once here in a while during Ramadan but nairaland time will be drastically cut in sha Allah. So Volunteers should please signify interest.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Assalam aleikum,

JazakAllahu Khair for the contribution,

I am yet to get any volunteers even from those who signified interest earlier.

We start discussions this weekend so in sha Allah, I get some replies.

Send an email to tbaba1234@yahoo.com to if you want to contribute to this discussion.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Sissie(f): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Salam.
I have have volunteered for things like this before, but am Abuja based and looks like it's a mainly lagos thing.
So can I still volunteer?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sissie: Salam.
I have have volunteered for things like this before, but am Abuja based and looks like it's a mainly lagos thing.
So can I still volunteer?

W/Salam

You can contribute with your ideas... In sha Allah, it would be rewarded.

We are communicating through whatsapp, send me an email so that I can add you to the conversation.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Jarus, I sent you a mail yesterday regarding the account details. I haven't seen your response.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Jarus(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
maclatunji: @Jarus, I sent you a mail yesterday regarding the account details. I haven't seen your response.

I didn't receive the email. Jarushub@gmail.com is what I use.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
Jarus:

I didn't receive the email. Jarushub@gmail.com is what I use.

Should I forget your Yahoomail from now on?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Jarus(m): 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
maclatunji:

Should I forget your Yahoomail from now on?

Maybe, because I have so many yahoomails.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
UPDATE ON PROGRESS SO FAR

Assalamu Aleikum, I just want to share the update of the progress so far.

i. We have decided that the venue should be at Isale Eko. We concluded that the target population can be located there and it was the best of all the options considered. More information on the exact location will be made available.

ii. The proposed date is the August 31st. School starts in the first week of september so the target is to get to the people who actually need this.

iii. Shopping will be done in early August, In sha Allah... Pictures would be made available, In sha Allah.

JazakAllahu khair for the contributions made so far.

I will be sharing more updates so we progress, In sha Allah

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
Would the people be informed aforetime?

I am concerned about the possibility of having more or less people than budgeted for
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
We hope to have flyers and a banner a week before.

In sha Allah, we will get enough people.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
What if more people come??
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
deols: What if more people come??

We will tell them when supplies finish.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
tbaba1234: We hope to have flyers and a banner a week before.

In sha Allah, we will get enough people.

Have you guys factored in "Area Fathers" and "boys"? Will there be refreshment?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
tbaba1234:

We will tell them when supplies finish.

How about having a call roll before the event. Or having a list of names of attendees before it.

A situation where people are scrambling for their own share wont be good, at all.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
deols:

How about having a call roll before the event. Or having a list of names of attendees before it.

A situation where people are scrambling for their own share wont be good, at all.

We can discuss that. I am not sure of the feasibility.

If we can enough people to attend, we can work on crowd control.

JazakAllahu Khair.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
maclatunji:

Have you guys factored in "Area Fathers" and "boys"? Will there be refreshment?

Refreshments? Yes...

As regards touts, we will also have to speak with the local mosque. There will be enough people to keep things organised. In Shaa Allah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1k Per Person Per Day In The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Zakaat Al-fitr Is Food, Not Money, And It Is To Be Given To Needy Muslims Only / 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.