Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption (7134 Views)

How James Ibori Destroyed Econet Wireless With His Greed And Corruption / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Buhari To African Leaders: My Efforts To Stop Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by gunuvi(m): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2013
Brimmie: Anti Farida.. Dat Ur Ear Wey Be Like Ugwu Leaf, Wey The Money Wey U Get Frm Akala And OGD??

Kettle And Pot Tori!!
Hehehehe my brother. One Harp Lager for you jare. @ugwu leaf ear...
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2013
Farida shd better know that not the number charged to court matter but the number convicted by court through EFCC efforts and Evidence while she led!!!
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by coogar: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
bizgynbala: Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Farida Waziri and former Delta State governor James Ibori brought the anti-graft agency to its knees by destroying all the effort put in place in the fight against corruption, according EFCC’s pioneer chairman Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

Ribadu, 2011 ACN presidential candidate, spoke when he featured as a guest of the week of Kaduna Liberty Radio on Saturday.

“People like Farida Waziri, James Ibori and a couple of others who are still alive and they took over the EFCC brought it to its knees because they literally destroyed the cases that were already in existence with the intention of wiping out the war against corruption.

“The intention was to reverse it and take us back to where we started and they did a lot of damage to the commission and the war against corruption, but as God will have it, the EFCC survived because today, it is still doing the work even though probably not like it did before, but somehow it has been given the chance to bounce back again,” he said.

He described the pardon granted Chief Diepriye Alamieyeseigha and Mohammed Bulama by President Jonathan as  a “tragic development”, a saying the action is against Nigerians “because corruption is our biggest problem and any step taken against the direction of reversing it is a negative development in our own country”.

In her reaction, Farida Waziri described Ribadu as somebody “suffering from delusions of grandeur.”

She spoke yesterday through one of her aides who craved for anonymity.

“He is talking rubbish, Nigerians can differentiate between someone who left about 10 high profile cases and another who took over 50 high profile cases to court, I mean the record is there for anyone who cares to check”, she said, according to her aide.

She also said more than seven former governors were taken to court during her tenure, including former ministers and about 10 corrupt bank executives.

“We arraigned former governor of Ogun State Otunba Gbenga Daniel; his Oyo counterpart Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala; Alhaji Akwe Doma of Nasarawa State and Danjuma Goje of Gombe State, among others. The single largest recovery of over N200 billion in assets and funds was gotten from a corrupt commercial bank executive, so how can anybody in his right mind say we brought EFCC to its knees”, Farida’s aide quoted her as saying.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/53232-farida-ibori-brought-efcc-to-its-knees-ribadu

shut up your mouth, mr ribadu!
you are a fool - you were used by obasanjo to hound his political enemies. what right have you got to call someone else out. what about all the money you go from recovering the posessions of corrupt politicians when you sold their properties to known cronies? stûpid idiotic hausa man. it's only a country like nigeria where we celebrate mediocrity that a soulless lout like you can even open your mouth to speak. it shall not be well with you and the coming generations after you.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Pennywise(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
I am sure Ibori engineered the appointment of Farida Waziri. She was just a pon. EFCC suffered and lost direction under her. She also made a lot of money too.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Pennywise(m): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool - you were used by obasanjo to hound his political enemies. what right have you got to call someone else out. what about all the money you go from recovering the posessions of corrupt politicians when you sold their properties to known cronies? stûpid idiotic hausa man. it's only a country like nigeria where we celebrate mediocrity that a soulless lout like you can even open your mouth to speak. it shall not be well with you and the coming generations after you.

Another confused and misguarded Nigerian youth.

If all he did was sent OBJ's enemies to jail, at least he was able to prove in open court that these Nigerians were corrupt
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by coogar: 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pennywise:
Another confused and misguarded Nigerian youth.

go and learn how to write properly in english before you address me, you epileptic halfwit!

If all he did was sent OBJ's enemies to jail, at least he was able to prove in open court that these Nigerians were corrupt

and selective punishment is the right way to go about it? seeing that you are a myopic nigerian then it's not hard to see how these things appear normal to you. you are so poor in spirit, rainbow appears to you in black and white! ribadu should have started with his slavemaster obasanjo instead of hounding obasanjo's political enemies.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by takedat(m): 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
coogar:

Sir, this rant is needless. Yes, EFCC under the watch of Ribadu was used in hounding perceived political enemies of OBJ but we still witnessed the conviction of some heavyweight figures unlike what we have now where EFCC is neutered. Political office holders were also cautious during his time. I guess you should rather blame OBJ for the unnecessary interference, and the lawmakers who enacted the EFCC Act that has made the EFCC toothless and gum-less! Farida was sacked because she turned EFCC into a bribe-collection outfit! The executive(AGF) should be held responsible for loot recovery. Very few can resist a bribe of N1billion which was offered to Ribadu by Ibori. The guy isn't perfect but at least cut him some slacks!
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Brimmie(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
gunuvi:
Hehehehe my brother. One Harp Lager for you jare. @ugwu leaf ear...

Lol.. Thanks For The Drink Sire!!
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by coogar: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
take dat: Sir, this rant is needless. Yes, EFCC under the watch of Ribadu was used in hounding perceived political enemies of OBJ but we still witnessed the conviction of some heavyweight figures unlike what we have now where EFCC is neutered. Political office holders were also cautious during his time. I guess you should rather blame OBJ for the unnecessary interference, and the lawmakers who enacted the EFCC Act that has made the EFCC toothless and gum-less! Farida was sacked because she turned EFCC into a bribe-collection outfit! The executive(AGF) should be held responsible for loot recovery. Very few can resist a bribe of N1billion which was offered to Ribadu by Ibori. The guy isn't perfect but at least cut him some slacks!

like i said, we only celebrate mediocres in this country.
in the buhari era, idiagbon public executed drug dealers without beating his chest about it. what's the big deal in exposing serial criminals like tafa balogun and james ibori? did ribadu not claim he screened obasanjo with the aid of foreign agencies and everything about obasanjo was clean?

nigerians are too gullible and very easy to fleece....
you and the other army of youths idolising ribadu are extremely gullible. ribadu is not in any position to talk about corruption. he's corrupt and he's a hypocrite! where did he get the money to buy his abuja mansion? when quizzed about it, he said his father in law(a retired professor) built it for him. i can go on and on - but it's a sheer waste of time!

ribadu refused 1 billion? hahahahahaha
propaganda of the highest order. he refused 1 billion and yet he moved promptly to undervalue the properties recovered from ibori and tafa balogun and sell them to his cronies. after he left EFCC, he suddenly became rich from nowhere. last I checked, the EFCC role makes him a civil servant. ribadu is the same as balogun or ibori - at least those ones never claimed to be saints. ribadu claims to be angel michael whilst he was just a political pitbull used to scare of obasanjo's political rivals!
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Pataki: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ribadu used by OBJ - got dumped!

Ribadu used by Tinubu - got dumped!

Ribadu used by GEJ - got dumped!

Ribadu is simply nothing but a tool! You are past your relevance for this country.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by tutu1: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ibori is in Jail, why cant u bastards move on, we have millions of other thieves working freely, those once did not destroy EFCC abi, after all Ribadu said more than 30 Governors were thieves, some have even gotten pardon, still na Ibori matter e still they talk about
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Pennywise(m): 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
coogar:

go and learn how to write properly in english before you address me, you epileptic halfwit!

and selective punishment is the right way to go about it? seeing that you are a myopic nigerian then it's not hard to see how these things appear normal to you. you are so poor in spirit, rainbow appears to you in black and white! ribadu should have started with his slavemaster obasanjo instead of hounding obasanjo's political enemies.

Attention-seeking foool.

He believes all thieves should be set free because all govt officials are thieves anyway. Wherein lies your redemption with this logic. Dont you consider your education a total waste of time? You lack common sense and you lack insight into what might be a major psychiatric illness.

Since you cannot be educated no use wasting my time. But everyone has to be cautious of what this none.tity is trying to sell here and he and his line of thinking should be repudiated by all reasonable persons. He is a lost cause and the sad thing is that there are many in his shoes.They have brains, yet they cannot think. They want to live the good lives of people in the west not knowing that those societies reached where they are through extreme hardwork and a functional dependable reward/punishment system that works as a matter of course.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by coogar: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pennywise:
Attention-seeking foool.
He believes all thieves should be set free because all govt officials are thieves anyway. Wherein lies your redemption with this logic. Dont you consider your education a total waste of time? You lack common sense and you lack insight into what might be a major psychiatric illness.

you are an obese disgrace to the community that sponsored your education.....
where in my post did i say all thieves should be set free? you lack comprehension skills.....i am saying ribadu is not in any position to preach about corruption cos he's also the same with the people he put in prison. i don't give a damn about ibori or balogun, they can rot in the hottest section in hell for all i care.

Since you cannot be educated no use wasting my time. But everyone has to be cautious of what this none.tity is trying to sell here and he and his line of thinking should be repudiated by all reasonable persons. He is a lost cause and the sad thing is that there are many in his shoes.They have brains, yet they cannot think. They want to live the good lives of people in the west not knowing that those societies reached where they are through extreme hardwork and a functional dependable reward/punishment system that works as a matter of course.

what do you know about education, you homoerotic nuisance.
you have the intelligence of an unborn foetus - what right has ribadu to preach about corruption? the same ribadu that declared obasanjo guilt-free was the same one that discovered oil money was siphoned between 2002 and 2011 when he wrote a report on the oil subsidy scam. the question begs: who was the petroleum minister between 2002 and 2007? obasanjo! ribadu himself was the EFCC chairman as well so how did large amount of oil money went missing under ribadu's watch? these are the pertinent questions i expect a troglodyte like yourself to ask your marijuana-corroded brain cells. if you die tonight, your autopsy would read "death by stupidity".
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by AnobiBaphem: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
ifihearam: Ribadu should shut up,even the farida try pass am sef,he was practically OBJ's attack dog.
Ofcourse ure right nw...she really performed more than Ribadu in d real sense nw.Ribadu & d so-called EFCC were just a cain 4 Obj's defaulters...just lyk D man of d people @ Ijaw Alameisegha whose buttock waz xpose coz he fails 2 dance Obj's tune.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by AnobiBaphem: 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pennywise: I am sure Ibori engineered the appointment of Farida Waziri. She was just a pon. EFCC suffered and lost direction under her. She also made a lot of money too.
Its a normal thin....if u were 2 b in her shoe u'll...Although,don't get me wrong I'm not supportin any!
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Pennywise(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
coogar:

you are an obese disgrace to the community that sponsored your education.....
where in my post did i say all thieves should be set free? you lack comprehension skills.....i am saying ribadu is not in any position to preach about corruption cos he's also the same with the people he put in prison. i don't give a damn about ibori or balogun, they can rot in the hottest section in hell for all i care.

what do you know about education, you homoerotic nuisance.
you have the intelligence of an unborn foetus - what right has ribadu to preach about corruption? the same ribadu that declared obasanjo guilt-free was the same one that discovered oil money was siphoned between 2002 and 2011 when he wrote a report on the oil subsidy scam. the question begs: who was the petroleum minister between 2002 and 2007? obasanjo! ribadu himself was the EFCC chairman as well so how did large amount of oil money went missing under ribadu's watch? these are the pertinent questions i expect a troglodyte like yourself to ask your marijuana-corroded brain cells. if you die tonight, your autopsy would read "death by stupidity".

These are terms and phrases NL has made popular. Here is another neophyte high school kid trying to cut his teeth. It would have been funny if it wasn't tragic. He is probably unemployed bc he is unemployable.

The only reason Nigeria remains stagnated is because of corruption. No other reason. I cant think of any public figure who understands this better than Nuhu Ribadu. He fought a brave fight but he was alone and corruption had the upper hand the day he was sacked and it still does.

Any reasonable human being will make compromises to remain in position provided he doesnt waver from the larger objective of his stay. It was the same corrupt establishment he was brought to fight that gave him that position. If he had not made a compromise he would not have secured a single conviction or built an EFCC politicians and fraudsters came to fear and respect. Yet agents of corruption have continued to use this as a tool of blackmail against him. That is exactly what this noneti/ty re-echoing here because he lacks the capacity to think for himself.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by xcuggsm(m): 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
coogar:

what about all the money you go from recovering the posessions of corrupt politicians when you sold their properties to known cronies?

Poor Emmanuel Nwude! He suffered the most under Ribadu as EFCC sold off all his properties to OBJ chronies.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by coogar: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pennywise:
These are terms and phrases NL has made popular. Here is another neophyte high school kid trying to cut his teeth. It would have been funny if it wasn't tragic. He is probably unemployed bc he is unemployable.

and yet the donkey bleats again.......
on one side of his mouth, i am a high school kid and in the same breath, i am unemployable? you are a monumental disgrace to the citadel of learning that handled your mental development!

The only reason Nigeria remains stagnated is because of corruption. No other reason. I cant think of any public figure who understands this better than Nuhu Ribadu. He fought a brave fight but he was alone and corruption had the upper hand the day he was sacked and it still does.

the same corruption ribadu was involved in?
did ribadu not make money from the possessions he recovered from ibori/balogun? was ribadu not hounding iyabo obsanjo's political rival in ogun state? did ribadu not declare obsanjo was squeaky-clean when he was asked to screen obasanjo? how then can you tell me this man is an upstanding citizen of nigeria? you have the intelligence of a pubic louse.

Any reasonable human being will make compromises to remain in position provided he doesnt waver from the larger objective of his stay. It was the same corrupt establishment he was brought to fight that gave him that position. If he had not made a compromise he would not have secured a single conviction or built an EFCC politicians and fraudsters came to fear and respect. Yet agents of corruption have continued to use this as a tool of blackmail against him. That is exactly what this noneti/ty re-echoing here because he lacks the capacity to think for himself.

it shall not be well with you for that first sentence......
sycophants like you should be buried alive. a man entrusted with the position to fight corruption should make compromises? your moral compass is so screwed-up, it was probably made in taiwan. who fears EFCC? maybe brainless centipedes like yourself. EFCC is a farce - it's an institution set up for the incumbent president to hound his political enemies. it's been 6 yrs since obasanjo left aso rock and nothing has been done by EFCC to apprehend even though atiku exposed obasanjo's financial crimes.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Pennywise(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
coogar:

and yet the donkey bleats again.......
on one side of his mouth, i am a high school kid and in the same breath, i am unemployable? you are a monumental disgrace to the citadel of learning that handled your mental development!

the same corruption ribadu was involved in?
did ribadu not make money from the possessions he recovered from ibori/balogun? was ribadu not hounding iyabo obsanjo's political rival in ogun state? did ribadu not declare obsanjo was squeaky-clean when he was asked to screen obasanjo? how then can you tell me this man is an upstanding citizen of nigeria? you have the intelligence of a pubic louse.

it shall not be well with you for that first sentence......
sycophants like you should be buried alive. a man entrusted with the position to fight corruption should make compromises? your moral compass is so screwed-up, it was probably made in taiwan. who fears EFCC? maybe brainless centipedes like yourself. EFCC is a farce - it's an institution set up for the incumbent president to hound his political enemies. it's been 6 yrs since obasanjo left aso rock and nothing has been done by EFCC to apprehend even though atiku exposed obasanjo's financial crimes.

Alrite u insulted d hell out of him. Does that make u feel better now? Odeh. U will live and die on NL while ur mates do meaningful things with their lives

U are one of the scum on this site always seeking relevance but having nothing meaningful to say. U take up space. U learn nothing u impart nothing and like an empty barrel makes so much noise.

If u have a bit of commonsense u can actually learn from this forum and be relevant. It wont surprise me if u sound exactly the same 10yrs down d road.
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by coogar: 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pennywise: Alrite u insulted d hell out of him. Does that make u feel better now? Odeh. U will live and die on NL while ur mates do meaningful things with their lives

insult him? i would stab him if i have the chance......
lol@ i will die on NL while my mates do meaningful things. you sit on your plastic chair to pass ridiculous statements with little or no nous - amazing isn't it?

U are one of the scum on this site always seeking relevance but having nothing meaning to say. U take up space. U learn nothing u impart nothing and like an empty barrel makes so much noise.

the knowledge i impart on a daily basis is beyond what you have imparted throughout your NL experience. you are a tool - the gullible type of nigga who hangs on the coattail of the media. you are tongue-stroking the còck of a useless fowl like ribadu in public.....where's your decorum, young man?

If u have a bit of commonsense u can actually learn from this forum and be relevant. It wont surprise me if u sound exactly the same 10yrs down d road.

i don't learn on this forum......
i share my knowledge on the forum. see it's a pyramid and i am at the apex to distribute knowledge to the rats like yourself who is at the bottom of the food pyramid. i can write everything you know about nigerian politics on a mustard seed, you disgusting dork!
Re: Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption by Agukagu(m): 3:32am On Mar 26, 2013
EFCC was Obasanjo's attack dog against perceived political enemies. Ribadu was selective and vindictive in most of the cases he prosecuted. He worked with Nigeria's police style - arrest before investigation, reactive than proactive. There was hardly any intelligence or covert input in their work. For failing to bring IBB to book, Ribadu should shut up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Borno To Close IDP Camps In May 2017 - Gov. Shettima / Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres / This Picture Proves How Powerful And Connected Nnamdi Kanu Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.