Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Bad Government In Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad Government In Abia State (1913 Views)

A.C.N, A.N.P.P And Others Called For Interim National Government In 2007 / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Government In Abia State by AbiaVoice: 11:03am On Mar 25, 2013
[img][/img]I feel sad whenever I think, dream or imagine Abia State, in fact I lack words to express the pains that course through my mind.
Just imagine a state blessed by God with natural and human resources, but which has been grounded due to poor leadership under Gov. Theodore Orji administration.
The quality of good governance is to provide the people with amenities such as good road, light, employment, water, shelter, hospital, in Abia state reverse is the case. T.A Orji’s administration has turned the beautiful “God’s own state “ into his own private business centre for six years, when he notice that you are an obstacle to his selfish ambitions, he lavish the state resource fighting you to make sure that his evil and selfish goals are achieved.

Abia is one of the oil producing states in Nigeria but the two most important towns, Aba and Umuahia are nothing to write home about and the worst hit is Aba , which has a lot of creative people and is supposed to brim with industrial activities but the reverse is the case. The levels of poverty keep on increasing day in-day out, public utility services are absent and environment degradation has become prevalent. One sore point is the bad roads in the state.

ABIA VOICE team who did an analysis on Abia roads two years ago went round Aba and captured all the roads on camera, to expose the governor’s underbelly. The funny thing is that those roads are now in even worse state of disrepair. The governor keeps giving lame excuses and for the umpteen times, he said that contractors will be mobilized to the bad roads after the rainy season but it turns out to be a serial lie as usual.

The people of Aba went through hell during the last year rainy season as they have been passing through in the past four years. Aba was so disgusting and people could not move freely after each rain fall. People had to wait for water to recede from the flooded roads riddled with pot holes before going out. There was and is still no road for car owners ply on. In the past four years, the governor tried to downplay his inefficiency by giving various excuses why he could not perform. In some instances, he said the security situation in which kidnappers nearly over ran the state prevented him from working. Another excuse was that the deluge of petitions he faced after the 2007 election prevented him from focusing on his cardinal duty to the state. A lot of mundane excuses were bandied about while other focused governors in states like Akwa Ibom, Edo and Lagos state to mention few, were busy working.
Now that another rainy season is here again, Abians what is our faith.

T.A Orji’s administration have turned this state to an object of scorn and ridicule in the comity of states. It is a shame that instead of moving forward, Abia State keeps retrogressing because of bad government.

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by thejurist: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2013
You are a lier and its shameful that you people have made up your mind to give false impression to the public on Abia. God is watching all of you.
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by mecedonia(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2013
Gov.T.A's administration has been the only
administration in Abia state where democratic
dividend has been felt by the people since
creation. The type of transformation going on
the the state today has never been experienced
before. More developmental projects are on-
going and at the end we will count scores.
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by mecedonia(m): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2013
CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS IN ABIA STATE BY THE STATE GOVERNOR
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by mecedonia(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2013
Governor T.A. Orji, with less than N4billion
allocation every month, is delivering international
standard public buildings and facilities that are not
available in the oil rich states. If this is not prudence,
then tell me what it is.
A man who pays out N2.5 billion as salaries to civil
servants every month and has less than N1billion to
do every other thing from security to anything is able
to deliver these world class buildings in less than two
years.

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by mecedonia(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2013
CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS IN ABIA STATE BY THE STATE GOVERNOR

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 9:29am On Mar 26, 2013
Ochendo has done alot in abia state most expecially Umuahia ana Aba, whoever that did this is aborn liar and enemies of Abia! just take a look of this wonderful roads!
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/81436976
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2013
CONTRUCTION OF OBIKABIA ROADS IN ABA!

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2013
CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 9:59am On Mar 26, 2013
construction of roads in Abia state!

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2013
construction of roads in Abia state..Umuafai Road!

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 10:05am On Mar 26, 2013
construction of ukwumango roads by faulks road Aba

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2013
construction of roads in Abia state!

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2013
construction of roads in abia state!

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by donzico2: 10:33am On Mar 26, 2013
BEAUTIFICATION OF OSISIOMA ROUND ABOUT ABA, ABIA STATE!

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by Abagworo(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2013
All these roads are without drainage and look disgraceful to any modern man. I however must admit that Abia is not as bad as the poster is making it out to be. I visited this year and I noticed some of the truths and lies.
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by ulonnaya21: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2013
Abia roads

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by ulonnaya21: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2013
More Abia roads

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by ocular007(m): 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
I THINK THIS ABIA VOICE ARE JUST HYPING WITH FAKE STORIES AND FAKE PICTURES OF DECADES AGO THAT MIGHT BE FROM ANOTHER LOCATION ,A PLACE FAR FROM ABIA STATE TO DEPICT WHAT ABIA LOOK LIKE,THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD ROAD AND PLACES LIKE THAT AS ABIA VOICE HAS PORTRAYED.WHO EVER IS MAKING ASPERSION AGAINST ABIA STATE WITH PICTURES OF BAD ROADS AND LOCATIONS ARE ONLY FALLING CROPPER....I FEEL SO HAPPY BY THE PICTURES UPLOADED BY THOSE WHO KNEW MUCH ABOUT THE PRESENT STATE AND CONDITION OF ABIA STATE AS I SPEAK....SO PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MAKING MOCKERY WHERE THERE SHOULD BE APPRECIABLE ACCOLADE GIVEN TO ABIA STATE FOR A GREATER INITIATIVE THAT HAS BEEN INSTALLED IN THE STATE
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by ulonnaya21: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
What OUK could noy do for his people,Gov.T.A has been able to do for them.

Re: Bad Government In Abia State by patrikobi: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
The pictures am seeing below are great,they show and prove that T.A is working....am so happy about it.....the false false pictures above ,the eye sour ones and their claims have been dismissed by the beautiful photos of good roads that are shown above,these shows that T.A working.......people should not mind idiots who cast aspersion and try to derogate the good work of the state government.They can not deceive us
Re: Bad Government In Abia State by mecedonia(m): 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
T A is working

(1) (Reply)

93% Northern Girls Lack Secondary Education - Cbn's Sanusi Lamido. / One Killed As Omisore Moved Campaign To Ilesa (pic) / President Jonathan & Other World Leaders ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.