Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Is Mathematics Really Important? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Mathematics Really Important? (13932 Views)

Is Mathematics Real, Trick Or Magic?? / Is Mathematics A Compulsory Requirement To Be Commissioned Into The Military? / Is Mathematics A Difficult Subject? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mathematics Really Important? by tantita(m): 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2013
Niga dude pls wk up ..ur slipping on duty..ur planning to b a scientist(political)..@ some point in ur second yr u wld b fishing wit statistics..men u better start preppin up, cus dt tin hs a wy of fuckin up g.ps for pple who hate al tins calculations.

1 Like

Re: Is Mathematics Really Important? by emiye(m): 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
@ OP, Mathematics is the most important subject, and i opined it is the easiest subject, if only you understand the basic laws and decide to follow it. You will need it for job aptitude tests.

Evidently your foundation in maths is faulty, i will recommend you swallow your pride, (1) start by mastering your times table like a primary school student so well and should be able to give the answers at the snap of your fingers. If i should ask you 9 * 7 and you have to wait for 5 seconds to give the answer, something is wrong.

I have a one year plan, i recommend for people like you, romance the New General Mathematics textbook, get a notebook, master the rules and laws and solve several questions. you should progress thus : Get a J.s.s 1-3 textbook, plan to cover it in 3 months (a month each for each year,it is possible if you are determined (3) S.S 1 maths textbook (4 months) (4) S.S 2 maths txtbk (2 months) (5) S,S 3 maths txtbk (1 month). Try this with an open mind, and your foundation will be restored.

I am a success story in Maths,transiting from a week maths student in Primary school, to obtaining my Only A1 in WASSCE exam in maths, in fact the other distinctions were A3's.

Maths aid logical thinking and decision making, in actual fact, if you are deficient in maths, you dont realise how much of deficiency it has on your analytical thinking, you will tend to use more of your emotions in making decisions.
Re: Is Mathematics Really Important? by Eldashab(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
Mathematics is the "justin bieber" of subjects. Its just been overrated!
Re: Is Mathematics Really Important? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 29, 2013
Mathematicians & Math lovers, we could use your help/contributions on this thread=>> Nairaland Maths Gurus - by Richiez.

@OP, Mathematics is very important!! Our civilization depends heavily on it; I think it should encouraged and loved!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LASU Part-time Courses Scrapped By Lagos State Government: / ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. / What Made You So Popular In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.