Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (10569 Views)

See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / FG Revokes Licences Of ABC Transport Courier, Nine Others / Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by baslone: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The truth is that Nigerian roads, especially federal highways, have experienced positive transformation in the last one year. Haters can say whatever they like from the discomfort of their hell-hole but those who desire the TRUTH should ask long distance drivers.

For instance, travelling from Lagos to the east can now be done in record time due to improved network of roads. I challenge any HATER to dispute this FACT.

I don't know the way to the east but one thing is sure- you will cover some kilometers of lagos- Ibadan express road.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
asha 80: @phipex i thought enugu onitsha highway is supposed to be one those roads that being worked on through sure p? Well the truth is that lagos to owerri now can be done in six hrs unlike maybe three years ago when it was nothing less than nine hrs.

Nine hrs? You must be joking. It personally took me TWELVE HOURS to get to Owerri from Lagos 3/4 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
doctokwus: Depends on how u want to read d advert.Gej apologists wud read it literary as:"d roads are getting better".But ABC may actually mean travel by road is safer and cheaper wen u consider d mishaps and exorbitant cost of airtravel.

My friend abeg go and park well joor. WE KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN BY ''THE ROADS ARE GETTING BETTER''. It means only one thing. And every Nigerian knows what it means. Don't come and use style to downplay what ABC is saying.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
doctokwus: Depends on how u want to read d advert.Gej apologists wud read it literary as:"d roads are getting better".But ABC may actually mean travel by road is safer and cheaper wen u consider d mishaps and exorbitant cost of airtravel.So each side interprets to its own advantage,its only d roads demselves dat can give us d truthful answer,if only roads cud talk.
Now that the roads are better, they can no longer "talk" but when they were bad they "cud talk"?

A beg carry your foul smelling HYPOCRISY comot here joor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
^^Don't mind the guy. He thinks he's smart.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by doctokwus: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Now that the roads are better, they can no longer "talk" but when they were bad they "cud talk"?

A beg carry your foul smelling HYPOCRISY comot here joor
Pls am not taking sides,but can u in all sincerity convince urself dat ABC may not av bn talking figuratively?How are u evn sure,it's not an indirect way of soliciting govt patronage frm d ogas at d top of ABC?Abeg,I don't need ur quarrel dis evening,I just aired my opinion,abi u don equate GEJ to ur god dat does no wrong?
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
BarryX: Talking from personal experience without taking sides, Some roads have seen some facelift as compared to .....! The roads I can point out include the Benin-Ore Expressway though with some bad undone spots here and there but on the whole it is a smooth ride , the Owerri-Onitsha is slamming, I shouldn't fail to point out the Warri-Portharcourt section of the Viral "East-West Road" is still poor, Enugu-Onitsha is still F**ked after 8 years of continuous construction. We pray for change and well structure change for that matter
You dont have to take sides with anybody. Speak the TRUTH as a Nigerian. Haters have intimidated some of you to the extent that some now post comments from a DEFENSIVE point.

We all use the roads, whether you support the govt or not, and even those who are indifferent. Those who decide to tell lies, for whatever reason, will be confronted by those on ground

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by doctokwus: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE: ^^Don't mind the guy. He thinks he's smart.
That advert can b interpreted in many ways,its unfortunate ur worship of GEJ interprets it in only one way,evn if d facts on d ground still point to a lot of roads still in terrible state,eventhough there av bn improvements in odas.Na wa for you o,how can somebody worship a fellow man& almost equate him to his god.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by onegig(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
doctokwus: Depends on how u want to read d advert.Gej apologists wud read it literary as:"d roads are getting better".But ABC may actually mean travel by road is safer and cheaper wen u consider d mishaps and exorbitant cost of airtravel.So each side interprets to its own advantage,its only d roads demselves dat can give us d truthful answer,if only roads cud talk.

I don't know which school you guys go to that simple English comprehension is so hard...

The roads are now getting better ...did you miss these word..."are now" or you are just .....don't let me complete that word

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by BarryX(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You dont have to take sides with anybody. Speak the TRUTH as a Nigerian. Haters have intimidated some of you to the extent that some now post comments from a DEFENSIVE point.

We all use the roads, whether you support the govt or not, and even those who are indifference. Those who decide to tell lies, for whatever reason, will be confronted by those on ground
To think of it, I'm more Defensive with your likes and the so-called progressives. Trust me on that
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Okijajuju1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
billante: I Saw this advert on the punch newspaper and begin to wonder if GEJ is actually what the opposition is painting him to be!! we have heard all the name callings, that he is clueless, that his government is the worst thing that has happened to nigeria.

Can we in all sincerity say he is the worst president ever? sentiments and politics aside!

In all fairness, our roads are indeed getting better in terms of quality.. Below is a picture of my speedometer and the state of most of the road from PH to Uyo.. I covered it in under 1hr. I hit 210 at some point.

Security on our roads however is another matter..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Abagworo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nigerian roads are much better now. Period!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by bigtudu(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
President GEJ may not be the best president, what is undisputed is that there massive road reconstuction going on in major federal road all in most of the states. So ABC is right if they so the road re gettin better.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
doctokwus:
Pls am not taking sides,but can u in all sincerity convince urself dat ABC may not av bn talking figuratively?How are u evn sure,it's not an indirect way of soliciting govt patronage frm d ogas at d top of ABC?Abeg,I don't need ur quarrel dis evening,I just aired my opinion,abi u don equate GEJ to ur god dat does no wrong?
Answer the question, when the roads were bad, they were talking (figuratively because people and transport companies complained) so why shouldn't the roads talk now that they'r better?

You said you'r not taking sides. Well, that is your business. I didnt accuse you of taking sides. More over, you dont have to take sides before you express your opinion on any issue. If you dont use the roads, you can waka pass the thread. And if you do, you can share your sincere opinion with us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Venchy: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Everytime I look at GEJ's face I compare him with BABA SUWE, fake man, very wrong human being

Current Best Comedian in the country.

Tell him to put his family on those roads for test drive at 90-120Mph... OLOSHI OLORIBURUKU, MUTHERER, planning to suck more bloods after many lives have been lost because of their incompetent.

Ewu n nai.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Venchy: Everytime I look at GEJ's face I compare him with BABA SUWE, fake man, very wrong human being

Tell him to put his family on those roads for test drive at 90-120Mph... OLOSHI OLORIBURUKU, MUTHERER, planning to suck more bloods after many lives have been lost because of their incompetent.

Ewu n nai.
What else will warrant this sort of comment if not for PATHOLOGICAL HATRED for a fellow human being?
That is why I call them haters and losers.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Venchy: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

In all fairness, our roads are indeed getting better in terms of quality.. Below is a picture of my speedometer and the state of most of the road from PH to Uyo.. I covered it in under 1hr. I hit 210 at some point.

Security however is another matter..

Reuben Abati well done. 180- 210Mph, youll soon be part of death statistics....carry go.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by gregg2: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
In all honesty, Nigerian roads are taking shape.
Thanks to GEJ and his team, but there should not relent

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by billante(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

Security however is another matter..

shocked okija you wan kill urself? Hitting 200 km/hr na ferrari u dey drive
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Venchy: 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What else will warrant this sort of comment if not for PATHOLOGICAL HATRED for a fellow human being?
That is why I call them haters and losers.

It's a shame that your lack of exposure doesn't allows you to understand what's good and bad....suffering and smiling.

How can you said Nigerian roads are better, how didbyou worked out maths, we've got thousands of roads with death record everyday and you can open your ricken mouth to say I'm haters.

Wake up boy NIGERIANS DESERVE BETTER

Mind you hitting 210 is at your own risk, youbare not in Germany Auto Ban which has no speed limit.

With all our resources we should be europe but we are not and we claim to be giant of africa when South Africa is far better.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Okijajuju1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
Venchy:

Reuben Abati well done. 180- 210Mph, youll soon be part of death statistics....carry go.

I just showed that your other post was rubbish and this is your comeback?!

Another road with such quality is the Owerri -Onitsha road..

Also, the Port-Harcourt axis of Port Harcourt - Owerri road is also top quality.

The point here is that indeed our roads are getting better..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Okijajuju1(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
Venchy:

It's a shame that your lack of exposure doesn't allows you to understand what's good and bad....suffering and smiling.

How can you said Nigerian roads are better, how didbyou worked out maths, we've got thousands of roads with death record everyday and you can open your ricken mouth to say I'm haters.

Mind you hitting 210 is at your own risk, youbare not in Germany Auto Ban which has no speed limit.

With all our resources we should be europe but we are not and we claim to be giant of africa when South Africa is far better.

You sound like a child..

What resources!? Oil!? I dey laugh you..

Go and play tyre outside with your mate and leave politics to adults.

Pikin wey no get drivers license dey talk about Nigerian roads.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by nig2change: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
What ever we do we should always be objective whether politically or otherwise. The state of federal and state roads nationwide are improving drastically. But the pace at which federal roads are being constructed needs to be appreciated. I was curious and I decided to check if found out that he has barely completed 2yrs. My brothers and sisters I tell you GEJ has done more than 8yrs of Obj.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Parishpriest1: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Dayo-akamu, Eko-ole and Blacktooth won't comment on this thread. Jona carry dey go jare.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Venchy: Everytime I look at GEJ's face I compare him with BABA SUWE, fake man, very wrong human being

Ewu n nai.

You need psychiatric treatment, though I fear even that would be uselesss.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Venchy:

Mr exposure, the topic of this thread is "Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better". I should assume the topic is self explanatory, except of course you hav problem with comprehension. I hope you understood the meaning of "Getting" and "better"? Because if you do, you wouldn't be spewing HATEFUL comments all over the place.

Any, there's no point wasting my time with someone suffering from PATHOLOGICAL hatred for his fellow human being.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Chillypelly(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
Please give credit to whoever is deserving of it. GEJ is doing a great job in the area of road infrastructure. I worked with the works ministry, monitor progress of work and visit project sites. There is massive construction going on all over nigeria and the least I can say is that the job done is simply insane. There are 11,322 km of roads under construction and the quality of work is world class. Please dont be a decieved by the BROOM ELDERS' COUNCIL .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ochukoccna: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
Is it only federal roads ABC passes through?
Do they not go through state roads too?
If Federal roads are so top notch,how come Ebele had to instruct Ministry of Works and FERMA to make the roads passable for motorists this past Christmas celebration?
ABC is a transport company,does anyone expect them to say otherwise about the roads?
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by dgb4(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
if the roads are getting better as said, i expect a drastic reduction in ABC's fare because this seems to be their price range for a long while (correct me if am wrong)

I can only vouch for the Lagos to Owerri route.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Abagworo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
gregg2: In all honesty, Nigerian roads are taking shape.
Thanks to GEJ and his team, but there should not relent

I think the Governors of 2007 to date have focused so much on road construction. Every State has received more attention on roads this regime.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by aieromon(m): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Nine hrs? You must be joking. It personally took me TWELVE HOURS to get to Owerri from Lagos 3/4 years ago.

Wow,a friend of mine in Onitsha was surprised when I told him I was in Onitsha and heading for Owerri around 2.50pm. He begged me to spend the night as the road was bad and was very surprised when I called to announce my arrival at Owerri by 4pm.

It took me six hours all the way from Lagos. Most people don't know the Onitsha-Owerri road is a smooth sail.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by taharqa: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
ochukoccna: Is it only federal roads ABC passes through?
Do they not go through state roads too?
If Federal roads are so top notch,how come Ebele had to instruct Ministry of Works and FERMA to make the roads passable for motorists this past Christmas celebration?
ABC is a transport company,does anyone expect them to say otherwise about the roads?
LOL... 'They' hv started to arrive *laughs*. But Goon1 was this d best that you cud do?? ABC MOSTLY passes tru FEDERAL Roads, so they were clearly talking about Federal Roads even though a few State Roads may be included. ABC and oda Major Road Transport Cops (and even FRSC) hv perpetuali COMPLAINED about d State of our Road Infrastructure for AGES including as recently as 2yrs ago. If they are now singing a new song, it must surely be that d type and tempo of d music hv changd or is changing, No?.... Plus, that Order to d Fed Min of Works and FERMA by the President to recover a large chunk of bad KEY Federal Roads in d country hv so succeeded it is one of d reasons (in additn to Previous and Ongoing works) there has bn such a significant IMPROVEMENT on d State of our Roads. FERMA for instance, hv NEVER done as much work either Directly or tru Contractors since they were formd in 2004 as they did in d last 5months or so. You can quote me on dat..... GEJ IS INDEED NOT WORKING

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman / Arewa Consultative Forum Dissociates Self From Attack On Obasanjo / Wike: We Will Not Yield To Pressures From Criminals To Relax Night Curfew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.