Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (10576 Views)

See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / FG Revokes Licences Of ABC Transport Courier, Nine Others / Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by dlox147(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Honestly I've never seen a group of people who are so pained to hear of positive developments in their own country. It's really incredible. Maybe they're cursed.
i sincerely don't think this guys are Nigerians....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by greaterlove(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
the roads have really improved, i came into abuja today thru enugu-ajaokuta-lokoja and i couldnt believe my eyes, i had to start taking pictures of the road, it was so good to be true anybody who has taken that route recently can attest to the fact that its smooth from start to finish virtually no bumps anywhere except some speed bumps around ajule on your way to ajaokuta. my mouth was just filled with praise for GEJ, because the last time i took that route in 2009 it was something else.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
aieromon:

Wow,a friend of mine in Onitsha was surprised when I told him I was in Onitsha and heading for Owerri around 2.50pm. He begged me to spend the night as the road was bad and was very surprised when I called to announce my arrival at Owerri by 4pm.

It took me six hours all the way from Lagos. Most people don't know the Onitsha-Owerri road is a smooth sail.

So you agree that GEJ is doing great then? make you do the Maxima Jeje oh
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Livinusc(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
eledalo: What kind on dunce is this? Is it ABC advert that you use to judge government performance? Go out on a federal road and decide for yourself if roads are better.
Man U are a dunce.
Gbam
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by billante(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
greaterlove: the roads have really improved, i came into abuja today thru enugu-ajaokuta-lokoja and i couldnt believe my eyes, i had to start taking pictures of the road, it was so good to be true anybody who has taken that route recently can attest to the fact that its smooth from start to finish virtually no bumps anywhere except some speed bumps around ajule on your way to ajaokuta. my mouth was just filled with praise for GEJ, because the last time i took that route in 2009 it was something else.

Really? Dat 9th mile obollo afor otukpo road? Dat road has been death trap since abacha regime! D best they have been doing was to patch some areas!
Heard its about been dualized tru BOT! Saw d BOT advert today in papers
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by aieromon(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So you agree that GEJ is doing great then? make you do the Maxima Jeje oh

I've always had the mindset that roads in the East are bad but I didn't encounter a single "wellhole" immediately I descended the Niger bridge into Onitsha.

Make we leave GEJ matter for another day. I just report on the good state of the Onitsha-Owerri road. Peson fit pass there tomorrow see another thing.

Btw,the transport companies are in the best position to say if the roads are indeed good since they ply them everyday. A friend told me 9hrs while a commercial driver told me he uses less than 9hrs to PH. I decided to follow the report of the driver and it served me well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Goddex: 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
The Enugu - Abakaliki - Ogoja - Cameron road made me like GEJ govt the more. Though work is ongoig but the 80% completed part is superb.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
aieromon:

I've always had the mindset that roads in the East are bad but I didn't encounter a single "wellhole" immediately I descended the Niger bridge into Onitsha.

Make we leave GEJ matter for another day. I just report on the good state of the Onitsha-Owerri road. Peson fit pass there tomorrow see another thing.

Btw,the transport companies are in the best position to say if the roads are indeed good since they ply them everyday. A friend told me 9hrs while a commercial driver told me he uses less than 9hrs to PH. I decided to follow the report of the driver and it served me well.

My Oga have spoken .. . . GBAM!
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by OkparaIgbo: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
nairaman66:

Sorry to say this- you are as clueless as GEJ and the Poster. First things, first. Men lie, women lie too. But figures.., I am pretty daamn sure they don't lie! What roads are we talking about here?? The ones to GEJ's hometown??

Dey there whilst GEJ is busy breaking records in a fantastic light as has not been seen since Luggard put together a country. A privately owned transport company is giving you an unbiased report on what is on ground on all the federal roads they ply and a MUMU like you is challenging it and asking for stuwpid figures coiled by a propagandist party and people even resorting calling an achiever like GEJ and Me clueless.. . Little wonder you remain a hater, loser and a failure..Keep ranting FOOL angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by greaterlove(m): 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
billante:

Really? Dat 9th mile obollo afor otukpo road? Dat road has been death trap since abacha regime! D best they have been doing was to patch some areas!
Heard its about been dualized tru BOT! Saw d BOT advert today in papers
it was like a miracle to me today, u just need to see it to believe, i have said it here on nairaland that if GEJ will fix all this and power i will use my money to campaign for him and its like he is about to get my 1million naira come 2015.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
doctokwus: Depends on how u want to read d advert.Gej apologists wud read it literary as:"d roads are getting better". But ABC may actually mean travel by road is safer and cheaper wen u consider d mishaps and exorbitant cost of airtravel. So each side interprets to its own advantage,its only d roads demselves dat can give us d truthful answer,if only roads cud talk.

If the above is true, the advert would have read; "THE ROADS ARE BETTER" not "THE ROADS ARE GETTING BETTER"

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by legis: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
God bless nigeria. Dts al........ wink
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by IlajeOmuro: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
ABC Transport was a beneficiary of the Subsidy palliative. What else can you expect from them!
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by biyiwilly(m): 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
roads are getting better in 2013....shake my head for nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ikeyman00(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
@@@
[size=28pt]
enugu-onitsha high way has always been really bad[/size]

it has been repaired millions of time

we could only hope oga jon is listening

that road has always been bad

as for owerri-onitsha that was done under obj
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by free2ryhme: 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@
[size=28pt]

your people handling the project always use substandard materiel and corrupt in contract handling the result you get is constant degradation of your roads
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by aieromon(m): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
ikeyman00:

Are you for real? The expressway still looks fresh and neat.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ikeyman00(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
^^^^ yes it was ! very nice dat road is haa
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ocelot2006(m): 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
This is why I tell all these e-haters & cyber-bad-belle folks to travel across the federation. Things are changing for the better, particularly our once dilapidated road network.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ikeyman00(m): 10:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
@@@

your people handling the project always use substandard materiel and corrupt in contract handling the result you get is constant degradation of your roads

rubbish!

u should be telling jon that not me oo!

that road has been done from the time whites came to africa haa
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ocelot2006(m): 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Goddex: The Enugu - Abakaliki - Ogoja - Cameron road made me like GEJ govt the more. Though work is ongoig but the 80% completed part is superb.

If you love GEJ for that, I wonder what you'll say about the Ogoja-Ikom-Ugep road. Or even the okigwe-umuahia-Aba road (pls note that work is still ongoing). Abeg GEJ has done well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ocelot2006(m): 10:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

In all fairness, our roads are indeed getting better in terms of quality.. Below is a picture of my speedometer and the state of most of the road from PH to Uyo.. I covered it in under 1hr. I hit 210 at some point.

Security on our roads however is another matter..

Oh boy, I assume you used Eleme-Ikot Abasi road. Mehn, RCC have done an impressive job there. Construction is still ongoing at the bridge that serves as a boundary between RVS and AKS. But overall, the road is smooth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
greaterlove: the roads have really improved, i came into abuja today thru enugu-ajaokuta-lokoja and i couldnt believe my eyes, i had to start taking pictures of the road, it was so good to be true anybody who has taken that route recently can attest to the fact that its smooth from start to finish virtually no bumps anywhere except some speed bumps around ajule on your way to ajaokuta. my mouth was just filled with praise for GEJ, because the last time i took that route in 2009 it was something else.

Look, this country is investing SERIOUSLY in infrastructure. The govt CLEARLY has a roadmap. It is NOT by accident that the RAILWAYS and the AIRPORTS are seeing major revitalization as well. The federal AND state governments are well aware of Nigeria's 7% GDP growth rate, and her rising profile as the (soon to be) largest economy on the continent, with investors FALLING OVER EACH OTHER to partake of the economic and industrial take-off of the country.

So it is ABSOLUTELY NO SURPRISE that the govt is PLAYING ITS OWN PART by ensuring that the nation's infrastructure is UPGRADED to meet with this NEW STATUS of the country, as a leading global economy.

So we should expect MORE of what's going on, in terms of infrastructural development by the govt. This country is MOVING FORWARD, and there's no longer any question about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by manny4life(m): 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
All of you here are LIAR, which roads are getting better? These roads that were commissioned and built by OBJ, and the clueless fisherman wants to take credit? This is not GEJ but OBJ, let the shoeless reterdeen wake up and start his own works...

Lol grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by CyberG: 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
Who owns the company again? You know what those people can do when MONEY is involved?!! LOL grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Revolva(m): 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
Its only the federal govt roads that's are trying .the state needs to start coal tarrin all streets in around lagos and the federation
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by OneNaira6: 11:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
I won't deny when last I was in Nigeria, what I noticed that have dramatically changed a bit are the roads. They have gotten better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by iykak47: 11:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
manny4life: All of you here are LIAR, which roads are getting better? These roads that were commissioned and built by OBJ, and the clueless fisherman wants to take credit? This is not GEJ but OBJ, let the shoeless reterdeen wake up and start his own works...

Lol grin grin
Manny you are 'right' grin grin
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@
[size=28pt]

"as for owerri-onitsha that was done under obj"

Some of us will ALWAYS be on the look out for LIARS like the above username. I promise to ALWAYS destroy their LIES with FACTS. Can you imagine how the IGNORANT child wrote with finality on something he knows NOTHING about?

Anyway, those interested in who did what on the Onitsha-Owerri should read what I wrote about this particular road on another thread:

"The Onitsha-Owerri was so bad that in 2007 the then governor of Imo state, Ikedi Ohakim, asked all Igbos to pay N100 to fix the road. This was widely reported and one of such reports states:

Ndigbo to pay N100 each for Onitsha-Owerri road.
RESORTING to their famed self-help spirit, Ndigbo have started mobilizing funds to complete the Onitsha-Aba Expressway (section of Onitsha-Owerri road) abandoned by the federal government.
Governor Ikedi Ohakim of Imo State, who made this known over the weekend in Lagos, said that every taxable Igbo adult will be expected to pay N100 each towards the project.

According to the governor, who said that he is leading the initiative, the highway was abandoned by Julius Berger, the construction giants handling it after the federal government paid only about N1 billion out of the more than 4 billion work that they had done on the project....CHAMPION NEWS, July2007
http://www.champion-newspapers.com/news/article_5.htm
https://www.nairaland.com/67791/built-imo-airport-now-going

Igbos all over the world heaved a big sigh of relief after the GEJ govt completed that road. One of the reports that captured the completion of the road states:

...The Federal Ministry of Works said in the Anambra State capital, Awka, on Friday that the Onitsha–Owerri expressway project had reached 97 per cent completion.

The Federal Controller of Works in Anambra, Mr. Elliot Idubor, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the ministry was glad that PAINS and AGONIES of road users on the route had become a thing of the past.

Idubor said, “I can categorically tell you that the Onitsha-Owerri road project is virtually complete, it is 97 per cent completed.

“Users of that road can now travel to Owerri from Onitsha in 40 minutes. Unlike what used to be the case, they now enjoy pleasurable ride.”....PUNCH, July 2012
http://www.punchng.com/news/onitsha-owerri-expressway-97-completed-controller-of-works/

Those who TELL naked LIES on NL, for whatever reason, should beware

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by manny4life(m): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
iykak47: Manny you are 'right' grin grin

I know say I don kolo, cheesy grin grin

Where them all APC doofus? You'll see them stay away from this thread o, they NEVER want to use their ears to hear anything good about GEJ. I've always said it, if GEJ can perform his magic like he does in infrastructure development, grin grin etc and use it as well to curb corruption and improve security, the man will be the best that has happened to Nigeria since Amalgamation (lol, make una no attack me o..)

GEJ for 2019...
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by PointB: 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
Dbl post
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by PointB: 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
manny4life: All of you here are LIAR, which roads are getting better? These roads that were commissioned and built by OBJ, and the clueless fisherman wants to take credit? This is not GEJ but OBJ, let the shoeless reterdeen wake up and start his own works...

Lol grin grin

Obj ke? Well apart from the Onitsha-Owerri Road, Obj completed and commissioned the second niger bridge and several other power stations at a token fee of $16B. The roads in question were built by Abacha. Certainly a clueless fisherman cannot built any thing, he can't even complete any started by his predecessors. Lol

Where are the retardeen choirs when you need them? Hehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apc’s Abubakar Wins Bauchi Governorship Election / Fayemi Wins Ekiti APC Governorship Primary Election / Criminals Behind Killings Of Nigerians In South Africa - Cyril Ramaphosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.