Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,612 members, 7,958,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (10676 Views)

See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / FG Revokes Licences Of ABC Transport Courier, Nine Others / Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Parish-priest:
Dayo-akamu, Eko-ole and Blacktooth won't comment on this thread. Jona carry dey go jare.
Some intelligent haters know when to stay away from NL for sometime or adopt siddon look approach.
Perhaps when the president grants another state pardon in 2019, they may re-appear again to make their usual noise.

However, the foolish haters appear even when it is dangerous to do so. Consequently, they'r always at receiving end of deadly and devastating punches.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by jmaine: 12:09am On Mar 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Some intelligent haters know when to stay away from NL for sometime or adopt siddon look approach.
Perhaps when the president grants another state pardon in 2019, they may re-appear again to make their usual noise.

However, the foolish haters appear even when it is dangerous to do so. Consequently, they'r always at receiving end of deadly and devastating punches.

grin
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by jmaine: 12:11am On Mar 27, 2013
doctokwus: Depends on how u want to read d advert.Gej apologists wud read it literary as:"d roads are getting better".But ABC may actually mean travel by road is safer and cheaper wen u consider d mishaps and exorbitant cost of airtravel.So each side interprets to its own advantage,its only d roads demselves dat can give us d truthful answer,if only roads cud talk.

You deserve to be gruesomely caned for this rare display of stvpidity . . .

Damn !! Son, your impeccably very silly embarassed
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 27, 2013
jmaine:

grin
Thank you for that correction jare
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by OvoClose: 12:22am On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Actually if a major private interstate road transport company says the roads are ''getting better'', you MUST take them a tad seriously given the nature of their work. YOU are not in a position to say ''it's not true'' UNLESS and ONLY UNLESS you have traversed the ENTIRE NATION the way that company has, and done an assessment based on THAT. You do not look at the federal road behind your street and say ''nothing's changed'' based on the fact that it still looks the same. That's illiterate.

Common sense is scarce. So, will Dana airways tell you that Nigerian airspace is not safe? Or Mr Biggs will tell you that too much junk food is not good? Your response should be "I traveled so and so road recently and it has improved since the last time due to repairs, etc...not quoting an advert meant to give people confidence in our roads and as a result, buy ABC tickets! Our schools are really producing dead woods in this country.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 27, 2013
Ovo Close:

Common sense is scarce. So, will Dana airways tell you that Nigerian airspace is not safe? Or Mr Biggs will tell you that too much junk food is not good? Your response should be "I traveled so and so road recently and it has improved since the last time due to repairs, etc...not quoting an advert meant to give people confidence in our roads and as a result, buy ABC tickets! Our schools are really producing dead woods in this country.

You lack common sense. Or maybe you only started travelling in Nigeria yesterday. Fact is there has NEVER been any time that road transport companies claimed roads are getting better UNTIL NOW. They are not in the business of deceiving their passengers. ABC is not lacking passengers. If they were, they'd improve their internal services, Not by lying that ''the roads are getting better'' (something their passengers would easily discover the truth or otherwise of). Those companies are highly successful enterprises run by business people with real acumen, not idio.ts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by thelastPope(m): 12:31am On Mar 27, 2013
Ilaje Omuro: ABC Transport was a beneficiary of the Subsidy palliative. What else can you expect from them!

I thought you people have been chorussing that there was nothing like subsidy paliatives. Why can't you lot make up your minds. Sad.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ballabriggs: 12:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Did ABC list the South East and South South roads as some of the roads that are "getting better"?

Amadioha will strike liars O.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Kc3000: 2:08am On Mar 27, 2013
Heard they've started working on the mother of all death traps, commonly known as Enugu-PH expressway. This abomination of a road traverses the entire length of Abia state,leaving an ugly scare on the face of an otherwise beautiful state. Without exaggeration, some stretches of this road look like what one would expect to see in a war zone.It has been in a comatose state since I was in primary school, and if GEJ somehow manages to revive this road(mind you, it has defied many irresolute attempts to resuscitate it in the past), then there's really hope for Nigerian roads.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Abagworo(m): 3:20am On Mar 27, 2013
ballabriggs: Did ABC list the South East and South South roads as some of the roads that are "getting better"?

Amadioha will strike liars O.

I think they are actually getting better.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by BlackPikiN(m): 6:15am On Mar 27, 2013
Kc3000: [size=15pt]Heard they've started working on the mother of all death traps, commonly known as Enugu-PH expressway. This abomination of a road traverses the entire length of Abia state,leaving an ugly scare on the face of an otherwise beautiful state. Without exaggeration, some stretches of this road look like what one would expect to see in a war zone.It has been in a comatose state since I was in primary school, and if GEJ somehow manages to revive this road[/size](mind you, it has defied many irresolute attempts to resuscitate it in the past), then there's really hope for Nigerian roads.

A friend told me same too. They are fixing up the road.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by ocelot2006(m): 7:03am On Mar 27, 2013
Kc3000: Heard they've started working on the mother of all death traps, commonly known as Enugu-PH expressway. This abomination of a road traverses the entire length of Abia state,leaving an ugly scare on the face of an otherwise beautiful state. Without exaggeration, some stretches of this road look like what one would expect to see in a war zone.It has been in a comatose state since I was in primary school, and if GEJ somehow manages to revive this road(mind you, it has defied many irresolute attempts to resuscitate it in the past), then there's really hope for Nigerian roads.

Yes, the FG is currently working on the Enugu-PH road. I mentioned it in my previous post.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Kc3000: 7:42am On Mar 27, 2013
^^^^Ok Bros, that is exciting news!
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Well, I liike the Ladies Photo....But I bet the roads are still going to turn into shitt though

Not really a big fan of American Roads or Nigerian Roads from what i have seen

Eastern Europe has some damn nice Roads.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by arogbowei: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2013
Only cynics and die hard ignorant critics will say that nothing is happening in Nigeria. I traveled by road from Lagos by 5:00 am to Umuahia and i arrived by 1:00pm same day. The roads are gradually looking good, however we want the government to do more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by awodman: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Travelling through enugu-portharcourt expressway ryt now...mehn yet to notice any bad spot..almost all failed portions have been recovered...confirmin wot oda posters have been posting here...kudos GEJ admin
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Rossikk(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
Kc3000: Heard they've started working on the mother of all death traps, commonly known as Enugu-PH expressway. This abomination of a road traverses the entire length of Abia state,leaving an ugly scare on the face of an otherwise beautiful state. Without exaggeration, some stretches of this road look like what one would expect to see in a war zone.It has been in a comatose state since I was in primary school, and if GEJ somehow manages to revive this road(mind you, it has defied many irresolute attempts to resuscitate it in the past), then there's really hope for Nigerian roads.
You obviously haven't travelled there in a while. That Enugu-PH road is Completely fixed and is one of the smoothest rides you'll ever undertake in this country today.. This is why I say that Nigerians are spectacularly uninformed about the progress the country is making. Someone travels on a poor road three years ago and automatically assumes the road is still the way it was. Terrible.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rossikk: You obviously haven't travelled there in a while. That Enugu-PH road is Completely fixed and is one of the smoothest rides you'll ever undertake in this country today.. This is why I say that Nigerians are spectacularly uninformed about the progress the country is making. Someone travels on a poor road three years ago and automatically assumes the road is still the way it was. Terrible.

Are you sure about the state of that road?!

I swear I have it somewhere at the back of my mind that this road has stopped to exist. Thats why on my last trip to Enugu, I went to Onitsha and then started heading for Enugu which was not only a longer trip, but also had some of the worst roads I have ever driven on (although they were under construction at the time)..

Please reconfirm to me that Enugu - PH road is now okay. Especially the part that cuts through ABA/Abia. Use % okay please and if possible, compare it to another notably good road.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

I swear I have it somewhere at the back of my mind that this road has stopped to exist. Thats why on my last trip to Enugu, I went to Onitsha and then started heading for Enugu which was not only a longer trip, but also had some of the worst roads I have ever driven on (although they were under construction at the time)..

Please reconfirm to me that Enugu - PH road is now okay. Especially the part that cuts through ABA/Abia. Use % okay please and if possible, compare it to another notably good road.

Thanks.

My brother, no need to talk too much. Just get on that road and see what they've done to the road. That road is now completely perfect and smooth from start to finish. I score it 100%. I was even asking my friend if he was sure we were on the right road, he said yes. I couldn't believe it.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by awodman: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Thanks.
Very smooth...I passed through that road today...was travelling from owerri to aba
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Okijajuju1(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

My brother, no need to talk too much. Just get on that road and see what they've done to the road. That road is now completely perfect and smooth from start to finish. I score it 100%. I was even asking my friend if he was sure we were on the right road, he said yes. I couldn't believe it.

Thank you!!

Enugu!! Here I come... grin
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by asha80(m): 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
it now remains the onitsha enugu axis.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by SKYQUEST(m): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
If you hate GEJ you will never see anything good in him and if you like him, you will always rise to his defence. My advise for every one is pray for him to succeed now that he is the only President you have got; come 2015, you can decide if he remains your President or not. I believe the road are getting better though!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by asha80(m): 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
awodman:
Very smooth...I passed through that road today...was travelling from owerri to aba
how is owerri to aba road?
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
^^^Aba-Owerri road is completely rebuilt and dualised. Very smooth ride.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by asha80(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE: ^^^Aba-Owerri road is completely rebuilt and dualised. Very smooth ride.
good thanks.i felt some of these eastern roads would never get attention in my lifetime.i cannot forget the agony i used to pass through while passing these roads as at five years ago and beyod.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by awodman: 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
asha 80: how is owerri to aba road?
Do u mean d road from naze junction in owerri,crossing the imo river bridge to umu ika junction whr it links with enugu-portharcourt expressway??...
If yes then the road is completely smooth thou not dualized..but from umu ika junction(ie enugu-portharcourt expressway) to osisioma in aba is smooth and dualized..nna mehn if u are with a good ride na 2 d cruise my broda...heard its the same from osisioma to ph
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Venchy: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2013
Where are the government GOATS especially the FOOL called ROSSIKE on monthly pay roll that comes on NL to flogg Nigerian roads?

I hope they've heard about the loss of life along Benin-Ore road, 110 lifes has been reported dead from such horrendous accident caused their DEATH TRAP.

In the country of the BLIND, a man with one eye is always the king.
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by jmaine: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2013
Venchy:
I hope they've heard about the loss of life along Benin-Ore road, 110 lifes has been reported dead from such horrendous accident caused their DEATH TRAP.

First of all, the sad 110 figure quoted happened on two routes which were the Benin-Ore road, and the Onitsha-Owerri express road which is one of the smoothest road's in Nigeria at present . . .

Venchy:

Permit me to replay the quote of an eye witness account pertaining to the Benin-Ore Road . . .

According to eyewitness, the accident occurred at Ugbogui, near Ofosu, in Ovia South-West when a cement-laden trailer reportedly had a burst tyre and rammed into a petrol tanker carrying fuel. The fuel tanker had hit a fully loaded luxury bus, which burst into flames.[/b]

How does the above imply that the road is a death trap in your loud ignorant assertions . Even the smooth Onitsha- express accident can also serve as a pointer that smooth roads with the reckless driving mentality of our road users will incur huge casualties, cos the vehicles will be moving at top speeds . . .

A pot hole ridden road will rather discourage speeding that encourage it . . . .

Venchy: Where are the government GOATS especially the FOOL called ROSSIKE on monthly pay roll that comes on NL to flogg Nigerian roads?

You are the maggot here without common sense . . . You need to do less talking to hide your corrosive ignorance and stvpidity . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Okijajuju1(m): 11:07am On Apr 06, 2013
i just did that Benin-ore road and I must say that road is smooth.. Work is still ongoing and does require a merging of traffic at some intervals but those intervals are short.

Owerri-Onitsha road is 100 Percent good. Accidents on that road is mostly due to mechanical failure or Driver error.

I have pictures of both roads, soon to be shown on my new thread.

Any accidents on these roads are due to careless drivers and not poor road conditions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by taharqa: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Venchy: Where are the government GOATS especially the FOOL called ROSSIKE on monthly pay roll that comes on NL to flogg Nigerian roads?

In the country of the BLIND, a man with one eye is always the king.
Haven't you COMPLETELY made a Foool of yrself here?... Congratulations are in order. Its not easy...
Re: Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport by Mckennedy: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
I had a good drive from East to lagos,, frankly The road was fun I got lagos in 5hrs from Onitsha...kudos to GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee / Ministry Of Information Fails To Account For N561.6m - Reports / Senator Kalu Donates Cash, Relief Items To Widows Of Slain Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.