Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,097 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year (8126 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by ballabriggs: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
bodmasfem:

plz, stop ur deceit, power supply is worst in Imo!

You liar! Where do you stay in Imo? In my shrine in Oke Ohia Mbieri, I get light 24 hours daily.

In fact the gods are so happy that they have told me I can do without the goat I sacrifice weekly. Just give us one bag of mosquito they say.

You may have to come to my shrine so we can ask the gods what has gone wrong in your area.

Remember those "evil spirits" the Minister talked about? E fit be them O.........
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by informatix: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
nig2change: We get about 18-22 hrs of electricity now in transamadi port harcourt. Transformation agenda on course. God bless GEJ.
i use the same Hightension quota with villa then when i was in abj. We get Light then everyday but NOT up to 18-22hrs. even if u r in transNamadi Sambo i dont think u can get 18-22hrs. can u remember Villa budgeted more than 500million on Power this year then who r u to get morethan Villa?.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by informatix: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
ballabriggs:

You liar! Where do you stay in Imo? In my shrine in Oke Ohia Mbieri, I get light 24 hours daily.

In fact the gods are so happy that they have told me I can do without the goat I sacrifice weekly. Just give us one bag of mosquito they say.

You may have to come to my shrine so we can ask the gods what has gone wrong in your area.

Remember those "evil spirits" the Minister talked about? E fit be them O.........
where is ur. Shrine even Okija shrine no get 5hrs. Light Daily r u stronger than Okija?.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by 5alive(m): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
prem love: I don't know if people on nairaland are from nigeria bt for me i'm from nigeria and dis part of d country in nigeria (delta state, abrake) we usually have low current(dat is if there manage to bring it) i dont know weather u people are still experience wat im facing here undecided
ur english self fit make PHCN to think twice

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by nig2change: 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
payless:

Propaganda! Intellectual dishonesty at its peak.
. A trial visit will convince you. Amaechi also get credit as for the omoku plant. Things are working. As regard your intellectual dishonesty I engage my brain cells in productive. One thing that amazes me is that there are many unreported developments in this country. Transamadi now boast of regular power supply. Just find out.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by ionsman: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
Some people think with their anus......'Go and lay complaints in your local PHCN office'.....When in this country has laying of complaints resulted in better power supply? Back to the topic.....I can attest to the fact that electricity supply has improved in a lot of areas in ph.....But for choba,the light situation dere is a write off.....
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Dee60: 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
Keep your commissioning to yourselves, just give us light!
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by gerald09(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
All he is looking for is a 2nd term, once he gets in2 office the 2nd time dis dude will loot to d bone I fink it safe to say GEJ had done good, despite what people said I always trusted his judgment he has showed Nigeria what real democracy is. But I wouldn't be sure if he will do better in his 2nd term cos non of them do, since its his last term he would probably concentrate on looting.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by YoshiMaster: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ROSSIKE

Any idea of when the transformation will impact the distribution networks?

The distribution lines are terrible, all mangled up, as I'm sure you are already aware.

I do applaud this development, and will pray they overcome all obstacles along the path to making this news happen.

Just wanna know about the distribution networks, because the way it is now, despite the level of generation, random people can still climb ladders to connect node points illegally. Some people might not also experience the new level of improvement due to broken networks, and low rated transmission lines handling improved power generation.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
let there be light [color=#006600][/color]
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by 2rutalk1: 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
Of all the places I have visited around the globe, the worst place to leave (in terms of poor power supply) is Satellite Town, Lagos. The maximum power supply you can "enjoy" is 30mins in a month. This is not exaggeration. Somebody from there can confirm. It is very annoying and bills keep coming every month.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by antiembezzle: 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
KGB2008: everyday we hear power projects are commissioned but still no light.
maybe you live in a burrow pit, liar!
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Touchforfree(m): 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
Power outage is still the issue of the day at my area (Abule-Egba) in Lagos. Nowadays that heavy storms usually preceed the rain, ds is another excuse for days without light; Should we be praying that there shouldn't be rain ?. It is not the issue of commissioning of Power projects but distribution and maintenance of the infrastructure. GOD BLESS NIGERIA............
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by antiembezzle: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
payless:

Don't forget Obasanjo commissioned about ten of these Power Plants before he left in 2009. Commissioning does not necessrily mean power supply.
this is not your gorilla fraudster brother, obj. This is the real deal, this is GEJ. He fulfills his promises, we all need some little patience now...
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by antiembezzle: 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
ultraGM: THIS IS ANOTHER CORRUPTED LIE

National Integrated Power Project, (NIPP) has been commissioned since OBJ regime, and all of them should have been (expected to be) completed by 2015, while some are in partial operation
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

This is another funky soccer show GEJ want to play on us, so as to win the heart of Nigerian in 2015 and we will not agree.

No carry-us for body, We no be pukin (no play wit us joo)
Ma gbe wa mora a ki se omode, (ma fi wa sere)
kar ka doke mu a jikin ka, mu na yara bane, (kar ka yi wasa da mu)
FOOL! Don't you know OBJ is a fraud? Is there any project he didn't steal from? Even the kidnapping of foreigners by ND millitants, he made bucks too. Now, why is it that we didn't see all these improvements during the 3years of Yar' adua's tenure? Or obj didn't run the projects before yar' adua.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Adurangba(f): 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
payless:

Propaganda! Intellectual dishonesty at its peak.

Do you live where he lives? You just call anything you dont agree with propaganda. Haba.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
Red-Light:
bros stop been ignorant ..u have been schooled...learn already

Keep drinking ratardeen cool aid. Ode jati jati!
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by meforyou1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
My area in highbrow utako abuja has been in darkness for 3 straight days. All I read on internet is megawatt without any corresponding megapower. Bring back prof nnaji joor
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Kakatazz(f): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
Interesting.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by BarryX(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
This thing Electricity is best valued and appreciated when it's always around at the time it's needed. Electricity that we have 24hours today and nothing comes up the subsequent days defeats the previous 24hrs we had it. So expecting us to shower encomium on a system like that is a serious Long Thing. We have had that way for three decades and counting, , I sincerely doubt if any Nigerian will settle for UNINTERRUPTED.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by musiwa22: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
all this invisible plant are only install on nairaland but not in nigeria nairaland is a website making up story for govt.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by otokx(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
ionsman: Some people think with their anus......'Go and lay complaints in your local PHCN office'.....When in this country has laying of complaints resulted in better power supply? Back to the topic.....I can attest to the fact that electricity supply has improved in a lot of areas in ph.....But for choba,the light situation dere is a write off.....
is it only choba? Aluu nko no light, Alakahia no light, Rumuoisi no light, Rumuekini no light, Rumuologu no light, Ozuoba home to cool fm, wazobia fm, AIT and ray power no light, Mgbuoba home to NTA no light. What are we talking about oya cross to Ada george, Wimpey no light, come back to Rumuokuta, Rumuola home to CAS no light, let our leaders know the truth.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by andyzoga: 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
thelastPope:

I do not agree with you. I know that those PHCN guys can be terrible sometimes but it is wrong for you to generalise.

Nigerians have developed a bad mindset that because nothing works, they have to always bribe or patronise touts. People will rather patronise touts that go to the licensing office or passport office to do their documents. But the truth is that many of these agencies have greatly improved in their service delivery and you don't need to patronise touts or bribe to get many things done.

I make it a point of duty to know where the PHCN office is situated in my community and I always find out what the issues are. I have found out that this works everytime. When you put the pressure on these guys, they sit up. If you are indifferent, they will also be indifferent.

As we speak, I don't have power but I know exactly what the fault is. It is my civic responsibility as a citizen of Nigeria. We can't just sit in our houses and assume things and we must not leave everything to chance. One reason Nigeria has a lot of issues is because her citizens are not playing their roles. We have been brainwashed to always take all our fight to Aso Rock. That is nos the right thing to do. There are issues to be taking to Aso Rock and there are issues to be tackled at the community, LGA and state level.

Getting a transformer fixed is an issue that people have to come together in a community and tackle. If 50 of you go and beseige the PHCN office and demand response, you will be suprised what will happen. I have seen it happen before.

I believe some of your statements but do we have to besiege anyone's office before they do what they're being paid to do? Their ogas at the top surely know the image the citizenry has of them. I've been to the PHCN office in my area at Abule-Egba, Lagos to make payment and was asked to come back on 4 different occassions. My complaints to the markerter and a man i suspect to be the boss there all went to their deaf ears. . . This is not acceptable in the private sector where a customer wants to pay in and you blatantly ask him to come back. The simple truth is that many Nigerians now see corruption as a way of life.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by otokx(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
nig2change: . A trial visit will convince you. Amaechi also get credit as for the omoku plant. Things are working. As regard your intellectual dishonesty I engage my brain cells in productive. One thing that amazes me is that there are many unreported developments in this country. Transamadi now boast of regular power supply. Just find out.
Even in Amaechi village there is no light go to Ubima and see for your self. Apart from Transamadi and the nearby area of Elekahia and Abuloma, throw in few areas in diobu, govt house and the area around shell in Rumukrushi where else in PH has more than 10 hours of electricity per day.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Johnbullet1976: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
all dis na 4 dier pocket!!! Promise promise since 1960 ..., as 4 me seeing is believing

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Reference(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
thelastPope:

It is bad that you have 3 days darkness but you should learn to address issues properly. You should learn how power works. That there is darkness in UNIPORT doesn't mean there is darkness in the whole of PH. It doesn't also mean other parts of Nigeria is not enjoying improved supply.

Sometimes you have to come together in the community where you live and find out what the problem is, then put serious pressure on the local DISCO to fix it. Your problem could be a feeder line, a broken down trasmission station or a bad transformer. That is not something you should come to NL or the presidency to tackle. You have to take the fight to the local DISCO. The president is not going to go round the country checking hundreds of thousands of transformers and feeder lines. Take your issues to the local DISCO and put pressure on them to get it sorted.

Take your fight to the local disco.

Checks topic again.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
antiembezzle: maybe you live in a burrow pit, liar!
You have problem interacting and being civil about it. Why do you have to throw tantrum because someone disagrees with the post? It shows some of these SE and SS guys will go any length to defend the obvious failure of this goverment.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
antiembezzle: this is not your gorilla fraudster brother, obj. This is the real deal, this is GEJ. He fulfills his promises, we all need some little patience now...

Now, let me refresh your memory by giving you a link here:

https://www.nairaland.com/504086/jonathan-eliminate-power-outage-2012
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by pat4love: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
We pray that it's a dreams that will realise not to die on the pages of news papers.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
The truth be told, despite the poor power situation in many parts of the country, serious work is ongoing to upgrade the transmission lines which have been abandoned for DECADES! Many people don't know that power outages are the result of substations tripping off or being switched off due to overload on them or transmission lines going berserk due to their old age.now new transmission lines are being built and the process of "rewiring" our transmission system will result in many areas experiencing blackouts. I believe strongly that power will improve soon once these issues are sorted out. Generation is one component of improving power supply, but to enjoy it, it must be transmitted to you. Let's try to be patient and rational

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by thelastPope(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
awodman: @ thelastpope...I want to ask..after this NIPP projects must have been commissioned..who is going to be responsible for managing them?? Will they be privatized like others??

One other thing,after all NIPP projects have been brought on stream,what is the government's plan ƒσя improving generation capacity.I know that work is been done on Mambilla hydro power plant.Are they others like mambilla?
Thanks

Privatization is an ongoing process, not just an event. Even the ones that have been sold will be resold if the current buyers fail to pay the remaining 75% within the stipulated 90 days. Some other plants where not mentioned in the article like the Akwa Ibom, Geometric and Ebonyi plants. These are privately owned. Geometric is expected to go live any moment from now. On current projection, we could be on around 15000 to 18000 MW by end of 2014.

Some plants like the Mambilla hydro electric will not be sold because of their importance to the nations economy. Mambilla also serves as a dam and will be used for irrigation.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by stint(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
thelastPope:

Because they are not building 10 classroom blocks for primary school. They are building power plants. It takes time.

And if they don't inform you of what is going on, youu will be the first to insult them and accuse them of doing nothing.
let them keep informing us about what is going on . 'what is going on' has been going on for many administrations now. that's nice , the only problem is we never actually feel or see what is going on but like you said , they always make sure we hear what is going on .hence some of us are wise enough to credit what we see , feel and can measure than what we hear is goin on .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief / OBJ, IBB, Decry Insecurity In Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court, Wearing Jewish Atire And Isreali Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.