Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year (8124 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by godman01(m): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2013
Atleast the prayers of people like me who prays for them is working out something.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by bigtudu(m): 6:32am On Mar 30, 2013
I am presently in 135 ezzangbo in ebonyi state i enjoy 15 to 18 hour of electicity supply. Although , with intermidate break down . The system is improving .
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by gonon: 8:36am On Mar 30, 2013
payless:

I stand by my post. Obasanjo went to commission some of these projects in River State, Kwara State, and few other places between 2005 and 2007. As per the 2009, it was typing error on my part. Of course Obasanjo left on May 29, 2007.

Dude get your facts right. There is no power station in kwara state, only substations. Secondly, the power station u r talking about in Rivers state is a state project by Peter Odili and not Obasanjo. Don't come here and display ignorance.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by TechyGuy: 9:48am On Mar 30, 2013
Touchforfree: Power outage is still the issue of the day at my area (Abule-Egba) in Lagos. Nowadays that heavy storms usually preceed the rain, ds is another excuse for days without light; Should we be praying that there shouldn't be rain ?. It is not the issue of commissioning of Power projects but distribution and maintenance of the infrastructure. GOD BLESS NIGERIA............

And in that same Aule-Egba, my friend boasts of 20hrs power supply (I confirmed it. Also, his generator has not been used for several months), and he is anti-GEJ. Please do what theLastPope said, I can testify to that. I enjoy up to 12hrs electricity daily and it was better few months back.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by blackbeau1(f): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Commission,commission,commission. That's all I hear.when will this power plants actually work? The one in Akwa Ibom has been commissioned close to four times now and yet,we haven't felt its effect yet
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
black_beau: Commission,commission,commission. That's all I hear.when will this power plants actually work? The one in Akwa Ibom has been commissioned close to four times now and yet,we haven't felt its effect yet

I promise you, the plant will be commissioned again for the fifth time before 2015 election. Imagine a major road that leads to my house in Lagos has been in bad shape since 1988, but the record at the local governement office shows it has been tarred since 1992. Whereas, nothing has been done on that road before. This is way of life in Nigeria and people keep voting the same people in power to continue mediocrity.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by jpphilips(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
nig2change: We get about 18-22 hrs of electricity now in transamadi port harcourt. Transformation agenda on course. God bless GEJ.

transamadi runs on a state independent power project, nothing to thank Gej for.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by jpphilips(m): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
ROSSIKE:

No he didn't. He began late in his administration the actual construction of these new plants after the attempts at rehabilitating the old plants failed to deliver the much needed increase in power output. Maybe you're mistaking the laying of foundation stone for commissioning. And he left power in 2007 not 2009.

your ignorance preceeds you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Female Civil Servants To Enjoy Six Months Maternity Leave - El-rufai / 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum / Buhari To Announce Interim Government For Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.