Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (565181 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
So interested in this biz.....I'm a complete novice...pls can anyone give a helping hand....I so want to learn this...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
madridfc:
Read Ur post on tech section, re U saying U ve a market for systems?
yes were are you?if you have it on ground let's talk
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
ghettodreamz:

The above is from your original comment, now the story don change. cheesy
yes she gave me free but have you ever read my former post on how we meet? If you read it you will undestand that it's not completely free.E GET AS E BE
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by digitite: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmmm Subscribing.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jidowu84: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
irecyclio.com
Golfscart.com is available for bidding. Any interested buyer should indicate here pls.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2014
jidowu84: irecyclio.com
Golfscart.com is available for bidding. Any interested buyer should indicate here pls.
where?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2014
GoDaddy .com Coupons

1.99 USD

CJCBH199C
199MOXIE
199DJ
CJCBH199C
FIT199
KRISTY199
gofkvt01
ADNI199US
199MYLF
CJC199CA
199State

2.95 USD

BEST295
RIOT295
ADNI295US
HITCH295
295COM
Fit295
KRISTY295
jeff295

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Beverly1: So interested in this biz.....I'm a complete novice...pls can anyone give a helping hand....I so want to learn this...
we are all here to assist each other, read 4rm d begining of dis thread, dat will help alot
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by henrimoto(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Senior men them, i greet. Unu weldone.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
BJ4REEL: ..anybody using godaddy auction here please?
anybody please?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
BJ4REEL:
anybody please?
Nope... I am still experimenting. I have as much as 10 domains there with make offer/counter offer listing type. lets see how it goes.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
A bastard has been spamming my blog... with my own content. Imagine copying and posting content I wrote in the comment section. angry
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
2sExy1: Nope... I am still experimenting. I have as much as 10 domains there with make offer/counter offer listing type. lets see how it goes.
alright.....i also have some domains with them too,but these guys refuse to allow me list them unless i create a payee account. I wanted using paypal as the payee account but learnt they've discontinued the use of paypal for that service..........
what alternative did you make use of?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
2sExy1: A bastard has been spamming my blog... with my own content. Imagine copying and posting content I wrote in the comment section. angry
nawao!! to what end?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
BJ4REEL:
alright.....i also have some domains with them too,but these guys refuse to allow me list them unless i create a payee account. I wanted using paypal as the payee account but learnt they've discontinued the use of paypal for that service..........
what alternative did you make use of?
I think check or wire transfer or something... I will check.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
2sExy1: A bastard has been spamming my blog... with my own content. Imagine copying and posting content I wrote in the comment section. angry
This your profile pic...NA BOSS OOH!!!
"someone attacked my Blog"
grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2014
[size=20pt]The Fascinating Domain Story Of FaceGreatness.com[/size]

The following is a true story, based on whois data.

FaceGreatness.com

The domain name was registered by Brenda Amendola on 9/20/2007 and she owned the domain until 9/21/2008 when it had reached it’s expire date. FaceGreatness.com was registered with the domain name registrar Register.com . Register.com is a know warehousing domain name registrar.

The domain FaceGreatness.com then switch to Register.com as the “owners” in whois and stayed that way until 5/20/2011 when whois switched to Register Internet LP admin@rangermadeira.com but the domain retained the “This domain facegreatness.com is for sale !” in whois with a link to search/purchase. This whois change may have something to do with Web.com buying Register.com in June/Aug 2010.

7/29/2011 whois record shows “Register.com” as the registrant and remained this way until 9/19/2012, 4 years after Brenda when the registrant changes to:

Registrant:
New Ventures Services
New Ventures Services
PO BOX 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
Phone: +1.9027492701
Email: admin@newvcorp.com

This domain facegreatness.com is for sale !

To buy it, visit http://www.register.com/domain/searchresults.rcmx?searchOrigin=parkedPage&domain=facegreatness.com or call 1-877-865-1770

9/23/2012 whois record returns BACK to Register.com as the owners of the domain. Remember that registration date of 9/20/2007, well these registrant “changes” are showing up when the Expire Date happens each year!

This time, Register.com allows the domain name to really expire for good and the domain is removed from the registry, but caught on the drop by GoNames.ca / IntrustDomains.com (SnapNames registrar).

A Christmas Day whois record in 2012 displays the new owner of FaceGreatness.com, Brenda Amendola! She really wanted her domain back, but Registrar.com was holding it ransom for years and she didn’t want to pay the price Register was willing to sell it to her for! (my words, not hers)

Way to go Brenda! Well Brenda transfers the domain out of GoNames.ca to NamesBeyond.com but once again, the expired domain process bites Brenda on 12/9/2013. Not again…. The domain is once again removed from the registry.

Well, this time around Brenda has used either a backorder or simply hand registered the domain on 2/26/2014 at GoDaddy.com, again according to whois records .

This is where the story “could” have gotten really interesting. I tried and tried and tried to get a hold of Brenda. I sent emails, left her a voice mail but sadly never heard back from her. Let me continue the story but I will touch back on this.

Fast forward five months from being registered again to mid July 2014 and a large company secretly contacts Brenda and likely purchases the domain name from her! The domain transferred from GoDaddy.com to CSC Corporate Domains on August 5, 2014. By August 7, 2014 whois records displays who the “buyers” are.

The company was The Procter & Gamble Company, who was getting ready to use the domain name for it’s Braun brand, also using the #FaceGreatness hashtag with Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson and others for an advertising campaign.

I had seen the sponsored ad above on my Facebook page, days after P&G was shown in whois records as the owners of FaceGreatness.com

This story again is solely based on whois data records and my many years of knowledge of who and what happens with “register.com” domains.

The 2/26/2014 registration of FaceGreatness.com holds a potential that “Brenda” didn’t really register the domain name. The story above is really amazing considering how domain names are registered, drop auctions, quick sales and so on. Brenda could have registered the domain for the 3rd time, but there is also potential that CSC Corporate Domains who registers and purchases domain names on behalf of clients, used Brendas information in whois from an old record to “hide” who was behind the 2/26/2014 registration of FaceGreatness.com . I have seen them use different names, email addresses, move domains to privacy and simply leave whois unchanged AFTER they have obtained ownership of the domain and CSC does register domains at GoDaddy. Even the Christmas Day 2012 record holds the potential Brenda really wasn’t behind the registration.

I really wish I could have talked with Brenda because this interesting domain story of FaceGreatness.com really could have been more interesting than the already amazing story via whois records it is.

http://dotweekly.com/fascinating-domain-story-facegreatness-com/
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jay4genius: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
Early this year, i ventured into domain flipping. But because of my tight offline engagements, i no longer have the time to go online talk more of proactively scouting for customers to buy my domains.

i have 5 domains which i want to sell. I will list them here along with the price i intend selling them for:

fancyflashdrives.com-------- 2,000USD
deformitiesofman,com------- 500USD
fat2slimproducts.com--------500USD
cloudifydata.com----------------500USD
carsbustop.com-----------------500USD

On each one you help me sell, i will give you 20% of the money. They are all parked on sedo.com. If you think any of the domains are overpriced or underpriced, please notify me so i can change the price immediate.

Regards
kevin4christ012@gmail.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
cloudifydata.com at $500...SMH embarassed
see correct domain names whey you get...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Okattamgbee: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Got this names for sale: mobilelot.com, mortgagerentals.com, forexequipment.com, musicianbios.com, romanceset.com. Interested buyers should contact charlesdedon@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tekkyboy: yes were are you?if you have it on ground let's talk
i dont hear from you again?
why?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tekkyboy: i dont hear from you again?
why?
My items will land on or b4 30th, will get bck to U if needed, doe I already ve buyers on my neck.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sh.it
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
Chibenze: Shit
You dey purge? Sorry. cry
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
madridfc: You dey purge? Sorry. cry
lol
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2014
anybody tried domainNamesales dot com platform here?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
BJ4REEL: anybody tried domainNamesales dot com platform here?

I think they don't just accept anyhow domainers or type of names, to be accepted and allowed to trade with them, you gotta have some nice and good domain names and not just few ones, but maybe hundred or above. Note, this is from what I read on a blog of someone who deals with them. Others with vital info should contribute too.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
I'm just wondering, does anyone has tools or scope of researching a trending and hot niche?

Please, don't hesitate to drop it here.

Nagode cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
ghettodreamz:

I think they don't just accept anyhow domainers or type of names, to be accepted and allowed to trade with them, you gotta have some nice and good domain names and not just few ones, but maybe hundred or above. Note, this is from what I read on a blog of someone who deals with them. Others with vital info should contribute too.
True. I have been battling to get in for lord knows how long. Someone got my back and hopefully, it may or may not yield +ve results. smiley

Let's see how it goes. What I like about them is that they do pitch domains to end users and get the names sold.

They brokered Symphony.com which was sold for 375k for abdul basit. I learnt that his dad got him into domaining.

Domain is even sweeter if you have a paid job. I saw one great name today at auction which I could bidded for as high as $1000 but I need my money for other project at the moment. Fear no let me try am. It would have been an easy sale for $5000-10,000.

Make I check the name again sef...

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
ghettodreamz:

thought as much........
i've been seeing their names attached to sales of nice domains........
their method of brokering sales is what keeps getting me attracted to them
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
2sExy1: True. I have been battling to get in for lord knows how long. Someone got my back and hopefully, it may or may not yield +ve results. smiley

Let's see how it goes. What I like about them is that they do pitch domains to end users and get the names sold.

They brokered Symphony.com which was sold for 375k for abdul basit. I learnt that his dad got him into domaining.

Domain is even sweeter if you have a paid job. I saw one great name today at auction which I could bidded for as high as $1000 but I need my money for other project at the moment. Fear no let me try am. It would have been an easy sale for $5000-10,000.

Make I check the name again sef...
hmmm.......wish you luck......
lets see how it goes bro.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.