Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (564584 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
mymadam:

cheesy ESeun.com? Good one, IMO. God bless Nigeria.

Buhahahahaha cheesy

Domain has been registered since last year, belonging to a business university since 2013. grin

Expiration date is Sept, 2014. @Mymadam, you can place your eyes on it, incase you like it. cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
ghettodreamz:
That's exactly the point I was trying to convey the other time, domaining need real money. 250 is still pretty ok, if the domain really worth it, I believe the guy won't have bidded 250bucks on it, if it doesn't worth it. Perhaps he saw what you couldn't see in the name, or let say he's more robust when it comes to finances. And that's where joint stuff comes in. At least, if a bid is won at about 300bucks, with 5 or 6 people contributing 50bucks each, in few weeks time or months, a good buyer could come looking for the name, and that could be sold for a whooping 4-5 figures, and that's smiling for every stakeholders.
Not so fast in concluding that.
Did you also consider that the owner of "instruct.com' may be trying to complete his portfolio by trying to acquire "instruct.net" (especially if someone is presently discussing buying "instruct.com". Both domains are parked at this moment.
The eventual owner (ie the person who intends to develop it as a website) will first acquire the ".com" before going after the ".net". And it is only when you are selling the ".net" to the website owner of a successful ".com" that you can hope to make 5 figures. For now you may only hope to make some margin return on a ".net" domain whose ".com' is still parked.
Researching names is key in the flipping business.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin grin grin grin SoccerWorld.com That weird feeling where someone embarrass you with money.

see what happened.... guys

http://www.namejet.com/pages/auctions/standarddetails.aspx?auctionid=3619820
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by OXCUBA: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
madridfc: their is Trust but no unity.
Cos I can trust mymadam+2sexy+xsay with my money.
SO OTHERS ARE NOT TRUST WORTHY..... WITH YOUR MONEY ....
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
2sExy1: grin grin grin grin SoccerWorld.com That weird feeling where someone embarrass you with money.

see what happened.... guys

http://www.namejet.com/pages/auctions/standarddetails.aspx?auctionid=3619820

Chai! D guy don spoil market for them from 678bucks to 9K+.

Here comes the fight of the greatest titans cheesy There is no doubt about it, most of the previous bidders would have retired back into their coven by now. Nonetheless, I believe anything can still happen, the bidding auction still got 2 more days to go, so who knows there is someone waiting for the last day to increase the bid on the figure. But serious, it is people like this guy that kill small domainers' morales and energies. Too bad undecided
Even, I'm pretty sure Abdul Basit can't stand this figure grin

eDIT: I just noticed AbdulBasit also bidded on the name cheesy
abdulbasit $69 7/11/2014 2:30 AM

Or could it be there are some in-house bidders inflating the bidding price of this domain? I no fit laff ooooo cheesy
If I were him, I would rather wait till like say 2 hours to the end of the auction before I can submit my bidding on it, and who knows by then I might be lucky to get the name for just a few thousand, rather than going 9k with 2 more days to go, that's insane and too harsh on the other bidders.

Hahahhaaa, now I just get it. You mean, this was the same SoccerWorld you were bidding on yesterday? That's a TOTAL no go area, don't have that kain money laying around. Damn! He met the reserve and obviously won it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Chai! D guy don spoil market for them from 678bucks to 9K+.

Here comes the fight of the greatest titans cheesy There is no doubt about it, most of the previous bidders would have retired back into their coven by now. Nonetheless, I believe anything can still happen, the bidding auction still got 2 more days to go, so who knows there is someone waiting for the last day to increase the bid on the figure. But serious, it is people like this guy that kill small domainers' morales and energies. Too bad undecided
Even, I'm pretty sure Abdul Basit can't stand this figure grin

Or could it be there are some in-house bidders inflating the bidding price of this domain? I no fit laff ooooo cheesy
If I were him, I would rather wait till like say 2 hours to the end of the auction before I can submit my bidding on it, and who knows by then I might be lucky to get the name for just a few thousand, rather than going 9k with 2 more days to go, that's insane and too harsh on the other bidders.

Hahahhaaa, now I just get it. You mean, this was the same SoccerWorld you were bidding on yesterday? That's a TOTAL no go area, don't have that kain money laying around. Damn! He met the reserve and obviously won it. :-/

EXACTLY what that dude did to me today. Him wait till last 3 minutes.

That's what I shall be doing henceforth.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
2sExy1:

EXACTLY what that dude did to me today. Him wait till last 3 minutes.

That's what I shall be doing henceforth.

Bro, to have upper-hand when it comes to bidding, it's always advisable you bid only when the auction is almost nearing its end (eBay bidding experience). That way, you have more and better chances of winning. Just wait like 2-3 minutes to the end, taking the speed of your internet connectivity into consideration, and knowing the average loading speed/time of a page. With all of these into consideration you stand a better chance of winning, you could go a bit up from the last bid price, and watch response(s) from other bidders as well, obviously someone would counter it, and just a minute to the end of the auction, you just top it up with a much more higher price margin. This trick work perfectly well, if you have a good internet connectivity.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
2sExy1: http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/BackorderDetails.aspx?domainname=clag.com

Wow!

71bids, current price 150bucks, 3 more days to go.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 19, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Wow!

71bids, current price 150bucks, 3 more days to go.
that's a 4l .com but do u know what makes it cool? let me know.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:24am On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: that's a 4l .com but do u know what makes it cool? let me know.

BTW, are you using your naija issued card or Payoneer on NameJet?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:26am On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/BackorderDetails.aspx?domainname=modernise.com

Great name, but a lot of patience needed in disposing it. undecided
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 19, 2014
ghettodreamz:

It's appraisal valuation report or what?

.net(parked) and .org (developed) already taken? Or it's birth year?

What makes it cool?

it's cool because it is pronounceable. 4l pronounceable .com are next after 3l.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:29am On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: it's cool because it is pronounceable. 4l pronounceable .com are next after 3l.com

Yes, that's right. I almost mentioned that, ka wai undecided

What's your take on the new gTLDs .club & .xyz ?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 19, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Yes, that's right. I almost mentioned that, ka wai undecided

What's your take on the new gTLDs .club & .xyz ?
I dont know if they exist. follow proven money maker rather than guesses
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 1:13am On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: I dont know if they exist. follow proven money maker rather than guesses

LOL cheesy

I believe .club is a good extension, but most of the premium names have been taken already. BTW, I'm not talking about short-term goal here, but a long one. Luxury.estate that was recently hand regged, got sold for a good 5 figures.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 1:14am On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: that's a 4l .com but do u know what makes it cool? let me know.

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 19, 2014
ghettodreamz:

naija for live!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 1:27am On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: naija for live!
Okies.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by mymadam(m): 2:35am On Aug 19, 2014
ghettodreamz:

...taking the speed of your internet connectivity into consideration, and knowing the average loading speed/time of a page... This trick work perfectly well, if you have a good internet connectivity.

Yes, but Nigeria...! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 5:06am On Aug 19, 2014
mymadam:

Yes, but Nigeria...! God bless Nigeria.

Abi na cry

We're blessed already but we are our own enemies, with bad government privatizing the power sector, and thereby giving the internet service providers and the telecoms advantage of milking us dry with poor and slow internet connectivity and yet at an outrageous charges.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
All4good:
Not so fast in concluding that.
Did you also consider that the owner of "instruct.com' may be trying to complete his portfolio by trying to acquire "instruct.net" (especially if someone is presently discussing buying "instruct.com". Both domains are parked at this moment.
The eventual owner (ie the person who intends to develop it as a website) will first acquire the ".com" before going after the ".net". And it is only when you are selling the ".net" to the website owner of a successful ".com" that you can hope to make 5 figures. For now you may only hope to make some margin return on a ".net" domain whose ".com' is still parked.
Researching names is key in the flipping business.

Okay bro, how many people can we bring together and how much would be needed to start? can we raise an equivalent of $1000 collectively for a start?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1:

Okay bro, how many people can we bring together and how much would be needed to start? can we raise an equivalent of $1000 collectively for a start?

$1000 = N168,000 (Parallel Market rate). Twenty people interested should drop N10,000. Ten people interested should drop N20,000 each. 5 people interested should drop N40,000 each. These will be our foundation members. After now a membership fee will apply before payment of the investment funds.

I advice that what is raised should be spread across 5 to 10 domains.

However the more people the merrier (what says we can't have an operating capital of $5,000). After-all if your company is doing well the next thing you think of is the stock-exchange (PLC). PLC means over 1000 people. Just to wet your imagination.

First find out those who are interested that have some knowledge of the domain business. At least basic Knowledge of the domain/website flipping business is important for the Foundation members.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
People should indicate their interest first and then we will know how much is need / person to kickstart.

Like I said, I can source these domains from aftermarket.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2014
2sExy1: People should indicate their interest first and then we will know how much is need / person to kickstart.

Like I said, I can source these domains from aftermarket.

Stakeholder #1 registering cheesy

Like my then secondary school English teacher would say to me, "Do not despise the day of small beginnings". Zechariah 4:10. This wonderful quote among many others have always been my watchword over the years, and God has been faithful. Halleluyah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 20, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Stakeholder #1 registering cheesy

Like my then secondary school English teacher would say to me, "Do not despise the day of small beginnings". Zechariah 4:10. This wonderful quote among many others have always been my watchword over the years, and God has been faithful. Halleluyah! cheesy

By Defaults, I am in na grin. who else?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Am in cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

Viewing this topic: doncafu(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.