Stats: 3,195,462 members, 7,958,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (582716 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
2sExy1: does anybody here still have interest in trendy domain names? Iindicate please.
i do, hope we are not eyeing dsame domain, lol
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
So far, below are the names of interested or would be interested individuals that I can think of;

Oxcuba
Ghettodreamz
2sexy
All4good
Tekkyboy
doffman

Not sure about this list of names though, maybe they can voice out their stance on this ....

papiforreal IN OR OUT ?
mymadam IN OR OUT ?
BJ4REEL IN OR OUT ?

NB: Others whose names did not appear here BUT have interest should signify
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by doffman: 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
2sExy1: does anybody here still have interest in trendy domain names? Iindicate please.
Am interested o.
I will be useful and happy if included.thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
To All who have indicated interest in the proposed group:
Please your information is required in the following format- NAME, BB Pin, PHONE NO., EMAIL ADDRESS. For privacy sake, you send this as a PM or direct to 2sexy1 email (which is?)
If you no get BB pin , then you go get Whatsup. That's the idea.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
2sExy1: You dey mind the guy? Bro, leave that matter. I know why he calls me a proud being and wish for my down fall. Tekky, you know me off here. Do you see me as a proud being? Chibenze, Shawnm and co...
u are not proud dear, never allow negative comment way u down, i know those who are proud and how they behave, i dnt want to mention name(s) on those who are proud and arrogant hiding under a cover.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
doffman:
Am interested o.
I will be useful and happy if included.thanks

That's the spirit man. Its appreciated.
So please supply your data as requested to 2sexy1 so he can collate and forward.
I believe 2sexy1 is in good position to do this as he's been pretty long on this thread.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
am out
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
ghettodreamz:
Madridfc IN OR OUT
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
All4good: To All who have indicated interest in the proposed group:
Please your information is required in the following format- NAME, BB Pin, PHONE NO., EMAIL ADDRESS. For privacy sake, you send this as a PM or direct to 2sexy1 email (which is?)
The email should be sent to eurobigdata @ gmail dot com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
2sExy1: You dey mind the guy? Bro, leave that matter. [s]I know why he calls me a proud being and wish for my down fall[/s]. Tekky, you know me off here. Do you see me as a proud being? Chibenze, Shawnm and co...
Ur matter don tire me.
Shalom.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
To all Nigerians out there

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by OXCUBA: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
what worth the world without competition..... if we(MTN) compete with madridfc(zoom mobile) i don't see any crime in it......
first of all, let us conclude on the maximum number of members that is needed..... we can create a whatapp group which will be more preferable than bbm ..... before we purchase a domain, the domain name should be debated and properly reviewed by each member...... followed by votes ..... while the majority have it( just like the senate house ).

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
All4good:

So please supply your data as requested to 2sexy1 so he can collate and forward.
I believe 2sexy1 is in good position to do this as he's been pretty long on this thread.

Please your information is required in the following format- NAME, BB Pin, PHONE NO., EMAIL ADDRESS. For privacy sake, you send this as a PM or direct to 2sexy1 email ([b]which is?
)

If you no get BB pin , then you go get Whatsup. That's the idea.[/b]

2sExy1: The email should be sent to eurobigdata @ gmail dot com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ok I will make quick responses to some of the issues raised below, for the benefit of all:

2sExy1:
Thank you jare. I don mellow.
If you notice carefully, All4good didn't agree with Clag.com. This is could hurt possible progression wherein one member does not see a value in a name and hence wouldn't want to partake in a bid contribution. what do we do in such instance considering we are in a group?
Go back and read my comments regarding clag.com, I ended by saying "if the price is right, the domain is worth the keep". I don't think this can be interpreted as Disagreement.
However I believe I gave Pros and Cons of the proposed acquisition; it is the cons you have summarized as a proof of my objection.
In the event of taking a decision what names the group will bid on, should be by VOTE. Now if the majority votes "Yes" while I voted "No" then yes it is. And even if the acquisition wasn't profitable afterwards, nobody will ever hear me say I voted "No" because I would have accepted it and given my effort to ensure it is a success.

secondly, how do we offer funds available for domain purchases?
I think this is the question Oxcuba asked, and I said we will attend to these and more in our 1st meeting 'cos intricate details shouldn't be disccussed here. But in a nutshell we are about to raise funds. To be paid into a Group account. Now there used to be unique SME account offered by Standard Chartered bank that would allow us assign VisaCard to Directors/Staff of the Organisation. I will find out if they still allow it.

Thirdly, how much are we willing to start with? personally, the aftertmarket is the ideal place to get on. I can source for name and we agree on which to go for.
Read my very first comment when the issue of forming a group came. This group idea started with attempt to raise $1,000 (N165,000). I suggested we target N200,000.

[s]kindly add any other questions that could help shape this.

All4good, we still need you around o. I haven't seen you for sometime now.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
All4good: Ok I will make quick responses to some of the issues raised below, for the benefit of all:

So far, we have just 6 serious-minded individuals interested. Do you think the idea of raising 200k would be a realistic one here, considering the number?
I believe we can make do with $1k for a start and watch how things develop thereafter.

As regarding the aforementioned SME's account in your previous post, what do we stand to gain from opening such? Are there benefits attached to opening the account with them, considering the fact that we are into an independent online investment project that only make sense to us.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
Last week in Perspective:
The target for last week was to collate the list of the foundation members. After some beef here and there (which is expected once there are 2 or more persons in a room) I think target is accomplished. Bravo.
Going forward, someone should volunteer to coordinate the set-up pf BB/Whatsup groups (Is Skype possible? Lets look at that also). God bless you in advance.
I will send out emails once I get the list with your contact. Please respond ASAP when you receive my email.

This week's target would be to achieve BB/Whatsup group and by Saturday hold our 1st meeting (Agenda: will be sent on BB/ email by Thursday). Members would be encouraged to have voice communication with one another.

So guys I try to do all this layout to let us know there is much to do to get things off the ground. so let all hands get on deck. Those chinco boys we up against no dey waste time for beef.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
All4good:
So guys I try to do all this layout to let us know there is much to do to get things off the ground. so let all hands get on deck. Those chinco boys we up against no dey waste time for beef.

Exactly, those chinko boys can buy anything oooooo. They don't waste much time in making buy decision, once a name dropped, they just snapped it up within a blink of an eye. When money is concerned, no time for beef oooo. I still can't fathom why people hold such a long time grudges against one another, anyways maybe it's Naija ish or maturity sha.

It is well.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2014
I have 5k and I need adsence blog urgently with a good traffic,if you have any for sale call 08173319366.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2014
OXCUBA: what worth the world without competition..... if we(MTN) compete with madridfc(zoom mobile) i don't see any crime in it......
first of all, let us conclude on the maximum number of members that is needed..... we can create a whatapp group which will be more preferable than bbm ..... before we purchase a domain, the domain name should be debated and properly reviewed by each member...... followed by votes ..... while the majority have it( just like the senate house ).
wink
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by All4good: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
2sExy1: The email should be sent to eurobigdata @ gmail dot com
Sent my details to email above. Hope those in the up coming group found time to do that? Please lets make progress....
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
All4good:
Sent my details to email above. Hope those in the up coming group found time to do that? Please lets make progress....
Not much yet though. lemme take a look.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
All4good:
seen. So far, I have just 3 emails in there. Waiting...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2014
HolidayMe.com sold for $18,000 on Sedo. Not too bad for a domain registered last year. The whois is private.
http://tldinvestors.com/2014/08/daily-sales-recap-8-25-14-holidayme-com-registered-less-than-a-year-ago-sells-for-18000-on-sedo.html

One of those lucky days grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
And clag.com finally sold for $1,121 cry cry cry

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
All4good:

2sExy1: The email should be sent to eurobigdata @ gmail dot com .

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Wow!

A good sale.
yeah... but not mine. Sadly.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
ghettodreamz: And clag.com finally sold for $1,121 cry cry cry
That's it man. I knew that was super domain name...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good evening all.

As at the time of checking my email at this hour, I have only recorded 5 persons (including the anonymous NL'der who said he was banned and cant post at the moment) who have registered their interest and if I count myself, that makes it 6. I haven't seem to have gotten any email from OXCUBA. Please indicate if you sent a mail without your user name, kindly say so.

I also spoke with a friend at a bank, also a nairalander, to request for his interest after explaining things to him. He seemed intereted and if all goes well, may be we could let him handle the account details and create an account on that.

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
So far, below are the names of interested or would be interested individuals that I can think of;

Oxcuba
Ghettodreamz
2sexy
All4good
Tekkyboy
doffman

Not sure about this list of names though, maybe they can voice out their stance on this ....

papiforreal IN OR OUT ?
mymadam IN OR OUT ?
BJ4REEL IN OR OUT ?

NB: Others whose names did not appear here BUT have interest should signify
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
oladayo042: 2Sexy na boss now. N1 million is just a little over $6k.

You and your adult domains sha. Though I have not sold a single domain name, I've made a little bit above your sales figure from my domain name business. Having patience since July 2013 grin grin grin
Just seeing this now. abeg o. I no make anything o. where have u been bro?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Selling domain names for a living is what we all dream about doing, is it not? To quit our day jobs and become professional domain name investors is the ultimate dream for a lot of us, if not all of us. I am here to tell you that it’s possible! I will tell you my story, my methods, my tactics, my ups and downs, and the failures that lead me to become a a profitable and successful domain name investor.

Flippa Super Seller

So who am I? My name is Ali Zandi, I am a Flippa Super Seller (KCGroup). Much like many domain name investors, my first domains were complete garbage. My first set of purchases were $2,000 worth of hand registered GoDaddy names. I was so excited to start selling these brilliant names(at least at the time I thought they were) that I didn’t even do any research. I made an auction account, paid the listing fees, wrote a couple words about how “premium”the freshly registered names were and waited around hoping someone would see the value. Well, no one did. Why? Because they had no value to anyone but myself.

So what makes a domain name valuable? That’s a question I hear all time and truthfully, its a loaded question. There are numerous indicators of domain name value. The answer you tend to hear most is “What someone is willing to pay for it”. I think thats a loaded answer too! To me, the age of the name plays a huge role. I find that more often than not, the older the name, the better the quality and the less gimmicky the name is. Following the age, I look at the keywords in the domain. Do they have search volume? A high CPC? Are they brandable? Pronounceable? I do the “radio test”on all of my domain names; If I were to advertise this domain on the radio, would my listeners get it? Could they spell it right? Do I need to spell it for them over the air? Is it memorable? How many ways are there to spell it? How many ways are there to pronounce it? That is just the first two things that go through my head.

The next thing I do is Google the keywords. What shows up? What kind of businesses are their utilizing these keywords in their content? Who is paying for ads for the keywords? How much are those ads costing them? I move from their to the “if this were my business”test. I ask myself, if this were my business, would I be proud to own the name? Would I place it on all my merchandise? Would I wear it like a badge of honor on my t-shirt? Business cards? Would I tell my grandmother about it? From there, I go to the ultimate test, would I spend $500 advertising this domain name? Better yet, if I were an enduser, would I spend at least $10,000 on this name? If there is even an ounce of hesitation when it comes to answering that question, I move on from that name and never look back. After all, selling a domain name is all about exposure and profitability.

Now that I’ve spoken bout what makes a domain name valuable to me, I’ll talk about the tactics and strategies I’ve learned, designed and utilize to make a living selling domain names. For me, I have found that Flippa is the ultimate platform to sell to other investors. To others it may be somet other platform but Flippa works for me and “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. In my opinion selling domain names is like selling a car. If you sell cars, you can’t just sit behind your desk and tell the customer “this is a red car, its a premium car, buy it.”and expect to run a profitable dealership! You have to take the customer on a journey, give them a narrative, get their minds and hearts involved. You put them in the car, let them drive it. Show them how great it feels, how smooth it rides, all the features it has. “Smell that leather? You could wake up every morning to the scent of luxury.”You get involved, you bring them into the dream and let them live it through you. Before you know it, they see what you see, they want what you have. Not because you made it up, but because you made a believer out of them. That is the reason I sell domains, because I take you on the journey I took myself when I acquired the domain. I love all of my domains, I am proud to own them. I would wear every single one of them like a badge of honor and the best part, they keep getting better and better. My other strategy is to offer incentives, everyone likes incentives!

Right back to the car sales analogy, sometimes people are on the fence about the car and all it takes is a couple free oil changes and details to get them to buy. So what do I do? I offer more domain names. Recently, one of my auctions was at $3,000 with the reserve met, I added another 20+ names to the auction and sold it within a few hours for $7,500. Another example, one auction was at $999 with the reserve met, I added a few more names and sold it for $2,100. There is always room to extract by way of offering more. To make a living from domains, you have to do what others won’t, be better than the rest, offer more information, better descriptions, better domains, more incentives. Be better than the best. Make people WANT to buy from you. Make them excited that you have another auction up because they know “this guy always adds domains at the end of the auction!”or “His descriptions are always on point”, “He has the best domains”, so on. Make them a believer in you, make them trust you and there will be no limit to your success.

Now, I tend to acquire a lot of domains that my fellow domain investors didn’t know were on the market. So what does it take to find these names? Well, I tell myself this every morning when I wake up at 5am “If the billionaires work 19 hours a day, i’m working 20 hours a day”. I live by that. I have a frame of my goals up on my wall, I read them every morning. I get my coffee and I start my research. I spend countless hours everyday reading blogs, watching videos, getting updated on recent sales reports, sorting through hundreds of thousands of names, researching their stats, comparable sales, comparable unsold names, I speak to my buddies, get opinions and then I acquire my names. I have a 10:1 research to purchase ratio. That means for about every 10 hours of research I do, I acquire 1 domain name. Sometimes, I see a name and don’t even need to research it, I just know (but that comes over time). For now, research, research, research!

To get an idea of the types of names I am selling visit our Flippa profile KCGroup, read through our listings, check out the stats, see the amount of work that I put into delivering only the highest quality listings to the Flippa marketplace. My advice to you, spend some time researching, look at as many domains per day as you can, much like poker the more hands you look at the more likely it is you’ll see premium hands. Watch as many Sherpa videos as you can, read notable blogs like this one and pay attention to who you get advice from and most importantly, see what the successful people are doing and do the same thing…just a little better than them and before you know it, you’ll have your own full time domain name investment business!
- See more at: http://morganlinton.com/guest-post-inside-the-mind-of-a-flippa-super-seller/#sthash.3mQXTs0B.dpuf

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74