Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (564419 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 6:08am On Sep 10, 2014
2sExy1: do you have up 50k?
50k? No oh
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 10, 2014
OXCUBA: go to technology market.
yeah... I know. Just felt I should make it known here first before anything. So that those who don't have could use the opportunity.

A friend says I should keep it for him and he will pick it up soon.
Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
[size=20pt]Kevin Fink Gives Us The Inside Scoop on Selling Domains on Flippa[/size]

Flippa has certainly upped its game in the category of domain only auctions this year. The platform has certainly had its fair share of domain sales in the past. In our interview last August with Ophelie Lechat, she detailed the five biggest sales ever on the Flippa platform.

Kevin Fink has come aboard in 2014 and has really shaken things up for the better, listing fees for domain only auctions have come down, Kevin provides updates on the Flippa blog.

Today he was kind enough to give us a little insight into selling domains on Flippa.

1) Tell us your role at Flippa ?

Kevin Fink: I am Flippa’s Domains Manager — I oversee all angles of domains bought and sold on Flippa. Whether it be new member acquisition, account management of existing members, Premium marketplace and brokerage partnerships, advertising, blog and newsletter content, and some other hats!

I work very closely with our Melbourne-based Product team and our global Customer Success team, who I hold personally responsible for the momentum and success we’re starting to see as one of the fastest-growing domain name marketplaces.

2) Since you have come on board it seems that Flippa has made a great effort to promote domain only auctions, how has that been going ?

Kevin Fink: We’ve been scaling quite well. I came on board in January, and the domains space has more than doubled since. We’re seeing the usual summer doldrum effect that everyone else goes through, but overall, we’re in a really good place. July was the best ever, and most active month for Premium domain sales, and our most-active month we’ve ever seen for buyers. We’re going to be expanding on both sectors with some exciting changes in the coming months.

3) Do you have any data on what kinds of domains have been selling best ?

Kevin Fink: One of the more striking contrasts to other marketplaces’ bellwether TLDs — which we still sell fairly well, just less of — has been our success with the .INFO extension. July was our best month for Premium .INFO domains, with three five-figure domains changing hands. We are starting to do much better with Premium .COMs, too — but we’re definitely catering to a slightly different audience of ccTLD buyers, .IO being a crowd favorite.

4) A few readers have asked in the past, how does one negotiate after an auction that closed without selling?

Kevin Fink: On my weekly Flippa blog posts, I may refer to PAN — that is Flippa’s “Post-Auction Negotiation” system. There’s been unanimous praise of this new tool from a buyer and seller perspective, and here’s how it works:

Let’s say you are the seller and the auction ends without hitting its reserve price; your domain is effectively unsold. But let’s say you had X number of people watching the auction, and X number of bidders. You can invite them into PAN and negotiate via offer/counter-offer, until one party Accepts or Rejects the final offer put forth.

One thing to note: if you’re a bidder, you can put forth an offer to a seller before the seller has initiated PAN.

And most recently, we’ve opened up the system so that even if a buyer wasn’t participating in the domain auction in some way, but happened to stumble upon the ended listing at a later date, they could still make an offer to the seller.

5) What are the fees associated with a domain only auction at Flippa ?

Kevin Fink: We lowered the listing fee this past January, so it now costs $9 to launch a domain auction . Should your domain sell, Flippa takes a 10% Success Fee — among the lowest in the industry. There are listing upgrades available at an additional cost that help you promote and expose your domain auctions to more buyers. I work with sellers on a daily basis in helping them craft a personal plan of attack; happy to do so for anyone reading this, as well.”

Flippa’s Domains Catalog is a new separate wing of the Flippa Marketplace, where domain sellers can upload an unlimited number of domains for free. Buyers can “Buy Now” or Make an Offer, and sellers are subject to a 15% Success Fee (​at a minimum of $60,​ the same as other competing marketplaces).

We’ve just hit 20,000 domains and are looking forward to a full-rollout soon, including Push To Auction functionality (from both buyer and seller).

There’s one important thing to keep in mind: domains listed in your Catalog currently can’t be searched from general Flippa search fields, nor are there available upgrades as of yet. Ultimately, the best place to sell your domain quickly, and to get it seen by as many people possible, is still our main auction marketplace. Keep an eye on our blog for updated Catalog functionality in the weeks to come.

6) You report sales that close to DN Journal now, do all sales over a certain price get reported ? Can the buyer or seller opt to not have it reported ?

Kevin Fink: DN Journal reports all Flippa sales over a certain price threshold: any .COM that has sold for $2,000 or greater, and any non-.COM that has sold for over $1,000. I only get about one privacy request per month, usually from the seller

7) Is there anything you would like to add, or tips you could give prospective domain sellers on Flippa ?

Kevin Fink: I could talk about Flippa’s growing domains marketplace all day, so be careful with that question! I want to address both domain buyers and sellers, the buyers first: Flippa is becoming an increasingly solid marketplace for buying domains, whether you’re an investor, domainer, startup, etc. If you’re familiar with Flippa’s private Website Brokerage arm, Deal Flow, we’ll soon be replicating something similar for Premium Domains — so keep an eye out!

As for all you domain sellers, which is probably most of you reading this, I’d like to offer you the opportunity to try Flippa out and do a test-run of domain auctions with us. As far as tips and best-practices go, I am armed with those — as well as some listing credit subsidies.

Simply email me at [Domains] at [Flippa] dotcom, and share with me a list of domains you’re looking to sell. Oh, and mention you read this interview for some free credits!

Thanks, Raymond, for these good questions…I appreciate being able to share with your readers what we’ve been up to.

http://tldinvestors.com/2014/08/kevin-fink-gives-us-the-inside-scoop-on-selling-domains-on-flippa.html
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by IRIENBOY(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2014
Have you sold it or is still avaliable?
2sExy1: Is there anyone here who needs a laptop?

I have one for sale... it comes with webcam and it's windows 7.

I will upload pictures later. I just need to know if there is an interested person here. indicate please.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 11, 2014
IRIENBOY: Have sold it or is still avaliabe?
sold! Sorry... One nucca just came to pick it up...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
oladayo042: ..................

Hi bro, How are you doing? Pls, I would like to know how you got your Payoneer added to your Paypal account. Did you linked it to your Paypal upon receiving it? Or did you had some money inside it before linking it to your Paypal? I actually tried linking but I was told my card issuer didn't allow the transaction and as a result it wasn't successful. Meanwhile, I guess it was because I had nothing inside it yet, considering the fact that they would need to charge the card before it could be linked.

I will appreciate your swift response to this post, thanks in anticipation.

@2sExy1

Do you use Payoneer with your Paypal?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by enigmatique(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hi everyone. I salute the gurus here. I'm a noob to this biz, but one with a very positive attitude to work and ready to smartly slug it out for the oil. Don't worry, I won't ask you for an A-Z tutorial. All I wanna know is if this biz is still lucrative AND not overcrowded. Thanks in advance to the Good Samaritans that reply me.

P.S: I started reading the thread from page 100. When I need help I'll let you know. And better still, you can please point me to specific pages or a range of pages that I need to read. Once again, thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
enigmatique: Hi everyone. I salute the gurus here. I'm a noob to this biz, but one with a very positive attitude to work and ready to smartly slug it out for the oil. Don't worry, I won't ask you for an A-Z tutorial. All I wanna know is if this biz is still lucrative AND not overcrowded. Thanks in advance to the Good Samaritans that reply me.

P.S: I started reading the thread from page 100. When I need help I'll let you know. And better still, you can please point me to specific pages or a range of pages that I need to read. Once again, thanks.
good of u,learning is unlimited go to namepros and learn from top gurus also download/watch lot of sherpa videos,follow new trends and be patient enough because domaining is not a get rich quick scheme.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by mintyx(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello everyone, please has anyone used .org coupons lately? the ones i got via google dont seem to work
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Hi bro, How are you doing? Pls, I would like to know how you got your Payoneer added to your Paypal account. Did you linked it to your Paypal upon receiving it? Or did you had some money inside it before linking it to your Paypal? I actually tried linking but I was told my card issuer didn't allow the transaction and as a result it wasn't successful. Meanwhile, I guess it was because I had nothing inside it yet, considering the fact that they would need to charge the card before it could be linked.

I will appreciate your swift response to this post, thanks in anticipation.

@2sExy1

Do you use Payoneer with your Paypal?
I had over $200 on my card when I got it. I also had funds on my Payoneer card when I linked it to my Paypal account. Paypal deducted $1.95 and refunded it the next day. You guessed right. The transaction wasn't successful because you didn't have funds in your account.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 3:56am On Sep 12, 2014
oladayo042: I had over $200 on my card when I got it. I also had funds on my Payoneer card when I linked it to my Paypal account. Paypal deducted $1.95 and refunded it the next day. You guessed right. The transaction wasn't successful because you didn't have funds in your account.

Thanks for the response. Meanwhile, is there anyway you could be of help to me in funding my Payoneer? I guess funds could be transferred from Card A to Card B, right? Even if it's just 10 to 20 bucks? I just need it to get the card linked with my Paypal, meanwhile I can pay you the equivalent in Naira. Let me know if this is doable and ok by you ?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 12, 2014
oladayo042: I had over $200 on my card when I got it. I also had funds on my Payoneer card when I linked it to my Paypal account. Paypal deducted $1.95 and refunded it the next day. You guessed right. The transaction wasn't successful because you didn't have funds in your account.
Ola jor did the $200 come from whitelabel stuff?
Got just $30 since God knows when.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=]
Got just $30 since God knows when.[/quote]
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2014
madridfc:
Got just $30 since God knows when.
Yeah, from the WL. I've never loaded my card through any other source before and I don't think I will.

I actually had $274 on it before the $60 for shipping was deducted.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Thanks for the response. Meanwhile, is there anyway you could be of help to me in funding my Payoneer? I guess funds could be transferred from Card A to Card B, right? Even if it's just 10 to 20 bucks? I just need it to get the card linked with my Paypal, meanwhile I can pay you the equivalent in Naira. Let me know if this is doable and ok by you ?
I would very much like to help you but like I told Madridfc above, I only fund my card through my WL account and there is no funds in my Payoneer account currently. My WL account has had over $40 in it for some time now but sales are not just coming and I don't get paid until I reach the $50 minimum payout. I will let you know if I reach the minimum payout before the Sept 15 payout period.

Payoneer has a Private Loading feature that allows you to load your card from your debit card. You can try this feature though I'm not sure if it will work for you. I've never tried it before.

Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
oladayo042: I would very much like to help you but like I told Madridfc above, I only fund my card through my WL account and there is no funds in my Payoneer account currently. My WL account has had over $40 in it for some time now but sales are not just coming and I don't get paid until I reach the $50 minimum payout. I will let you know if I reach the minimum payout before the Sept 15 payout period.

Payoneer has a Private Loading feature that allows you to load your card from your debit card. You can try this feature though I'm not sure if it will work for you. I've never tried it before.

Ok bro, thanks. In the meantime, I will look into this, however, will definitely have to wait and see if you reach the payout threshold if it doesn't work. Once again, thanks for the prompt response, much appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by enigmatique(m): 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tekkyboy: good of u,learning is unlimited go to namepros and learn from top gurus also download/watch lot of sherpa videos,follow new trends and be patient enough because domaining is not a get rich quick scheme.
Pls how do you guys make and receive payments? Is the normal debit naira MasterCard or Visa card sufficient? Not asking Tekkyboy alone but @evri1.
@Tekky: Been busy reading domainpros as advised. Will go on to sherpa asap. But thank u so, so much 4 the advice. ( And anyone who has more can drop it pls.)
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 12:43am On Sep 16, 2014
enigmatique: Pls how do you guys make and receive payments? Is the normal debit naira MasterCard or Visa card sufficient? Not asking Tekkyboy alone but @evri1.
@Tekky: Been busy reading domainpros as advised. Will go on to sherpa asap. But thank u so, so much 4 the advice. ( And anyone who has more can drop it pls.)
no
use third party like arbitrage to collect ur money or better still you get a payonner card and link it to your naija paypay.but you can use your visa/mastercard/paypay to make payment at marketplaces.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by enigmatique(m): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Tekkyboy: no
use third party like arbitrage to collect ur money or better still you get a payonner card and link it to your naija paypay.but you can use your visa/mastercard/paypay to make payment at marketplaces.
So, arbitrage is an escrow service right? Like dn.com? And lastly, can/will arbitrage pay directly into my Nigerian a/c or credit my Naira MasterCard?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2014
2sexy and co, my mastercard was declined from buying email essentials for one of my domains on godaddy (i get prompt that email essentials cant be sold in my billing country/region). what payment method have you guys been using for this pls?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2014
the best publicity !

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Suitain(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pls I need help... I registered @ godaddy... And I bought some domain... All of a sudden I received an email that I should validity my account with a government approved deriving licences or passport within 48 hours which I don't have and for now I can't afford it... Pls What Do I Do...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 9:54am On Sep 17, 2014
enigmatique: So, arbitrage is an escrow service right? Like dn.com? And lastly, can/will arbitrage pay directly into my Nigerian a/c or credit my Naira MasterCard?
you receive the money with his paypay and he pays u the naira equivalent, ya i think he buy/pays into ur acc/card.

Try and contact him

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2014
IRIENBOY: Have you sold it or is still avaliable?
Hey.... all things being equal, I may sell my new laptop. Less than 4 months old. I will keep you posted and finger crossed wink but it wont be in the 50k range o. This comes with windows 8.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
2sExy1: Hey.... all things being equal, I may sell my new laptop. Less than 4 months old. I will keep you posted and finger crossed wink but it wont be in the 50k range o. This comes with windows 8.
upgrading to the next level cool
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chibenze: upgrading to the next level cool
lipsrsealed
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Louis101: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
SAVE LITTLE AND EARN MORE

Using the latest and easiest money making system and you will make up to 40,000naira.
This system works in all part of Nigeria. It is 100% risk free system.

Have you ever wish to get some certain amount in the next 3 months or more(maybe for an event, fee, debt, or want to buy that new gadget) even if you have absolutely no idea on how to make or get it? Everybody wishes that.
YOUR WISH IS ABOUT TO COME TRUE
This is NOT some HYIP Scam.

We have awesome investment plan for you. Simply decide on any amount you want to invest between 5,000Naira and 20,000Naira and send a request mail to Lteckinvestment@gmail.com for more information about the investment plan and how to invest.
We offer a guaranteed 50% return on your investment amount montly(for beginners, it after 3 months before you can receive your total income). For example, u invest 10,000, u will get 25,000 after 3 months

SAVE A LITTLE WHILE WE BUILD IT UP TO YOUR DESIRED AMOUNT!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dotcomnamename: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Passing by! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by nairalander(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello guys,
Couldn't certify my own sedo account, so i'm about opening an account with flippa; but i need to know how does one receive payments from flippa ? is it only through escrow, and does escrow accept Nigerians?
Also what other sites can a Nigerian easily buy and sell domains without without withdrawal problems and phony US Addresses.
thanks y'all
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
Suitain: Pls I need help... I registered @ godaddy... And I bought some domain... All of a sudden I received an email that I should validity my account with a government approved deriving licences or passport within 48 hours which I don't have and for now I can't afford it... Pls What Do I Do...
I guess by now Ur account would ve been closed? smiley
Well, You can send them your voters card. It will be accepted.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
nairalander: Hello guys,
Couldn't certify my own sedo account, so i'm about opening an account with flippa; but i need to know how does one receive payments from flippa ? is it only through escrow, and does escrow accept Nigerians?
Also what other sites can a Nigerian easily buy and sell domains without without withdrawal problems and phony US Addresses.
thanks y'all
Sedo and Flippa are not substitutes. Sedo is a general marketplace while Flippa is an auction-only marketplace.

You could try Afternic and GoDaddy Premium listings. Both sites accept Nigerians and you get your funds through Paypal (@Arbitrage and @Legalwealth help here).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.