Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,436 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (565790 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by tinnymerit(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
oladayo042:
Paypal. There are two guys (@Legalwealth and @Arbitrage) here on Nairaland that can help you withdraw your Paypal earnings. I used Legalwealth for my last transaction. He pays you at N140 or 145/$ if the amount is less than $500 and N150/$ if the amount is more than $500.

plz is it the normally opened paypal from naija or the one we opened by changing our IP.kindly reply me.Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
tinnymerit:

plz is it the normally opened paypal from naija or the one we opened by changing our IP.kindly reply me.Thanks
Foreign account. Over the years, those guys have developed a method of running a foreign paypal account that can receive unlimited funds and the system works well for them. I have outsourced the problem of receiving funds to them so that I won't have to bother about changing IP and all that ish.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by presegsADESIDA(m): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
oladayo042:
Foreign account. Over the years, those guys have developed a method of running a foreign paypal account that can receive unlimited funds and the system works well for them. I have outsourced the problem of receiving funds to them so that I won't have to bother about changing IP and all that ish.

Great hearing this from you and anyone can get their PayPal earnings from any website without owning a PayPal account but just an e-mail dedicated for receiving PayPal earnings & funds.
More details on how to go about this can be found @ https://www.nairaland.com/1849297/how-get-paypal-earnings-even
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
tinnymerit:

Refer to @Legalwealth thread above. All you need is a free email account.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
oladayo042:
Refer to @Legalwealth thread above. All you need is a free email account.
tanks a zillion,infact i never knew anything like that exist.thanks once more.ap8 man.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

Great hearing this from you and anyone can get their PayPal earnings from any website without owning a PayPal account but just an e-mail dedicated for receiving PayPal earnings & funds.
More details on how to go about this can be found @ https://www.nairaland.com/1849297/how-get-paypal-earnings-even
@ legalwealth the topic is hidden,plz do the needful
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
paulsir:

Yes!It just got hidden by bot when I tried updating it price with 140 or 145 for any amount lesser than $500 and N150 for $500 and above
as it was decided on after the thread was created with N140/$ & N145/$ plus some minor corrections.

I've contacted mod possibly honourable Seun will see it and do justice to it!

Thanks for the notification @ paulsir

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by legalwealth(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
paulsir:
It has been restored.Just check on the "How To Get Your PayPal Earnings Even If You Do Not Have Your Own PayPal Account" from
the same link https://www.nairaland.com/1849297/how-get-paypal-earnings-even

Thanks to Prof. Seun & his mods! !!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by presegsADESIDA(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
legalwealth:

It has been restored.Just check on the "How To Get Your PayPal Earnings Even If You Do Not Have Your Own PayPal Account" from
the same link https://www.nairaland.com/1849297/how-get-paypal-earnings-even

Thanks to Prof. Seun & his mods! !!

Sorry "post hidden" error should in case you've clicked on the link!

It just got hidden again when I tried removing some unwanted spaces in the update that made it look awful but I've
contacted admin/mod again to see to it but I clicked the back button to get back to its updated page before I noticed
it has been hidden again by bot for screenshot attached below that you can read the procedure from as well

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by babaloke: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Good day all experts in the house,
I'm relatively new to domain name business and I want to find out the following details;
1.can I register a domain name with a nigerian based registrar and sell on foreign sites like sedo,flippa etc;
This is because I tried to register with godaddy several times but the page failed to open;probably they dont accept nigerians.

2.what method would you advise that I use when selling my domains;
should I offer it on the auction page of sedo.com,flippa,etc.or is it better to park the domains for some time.

Please I would appreciate your kind and insightful responses.

Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2014
Google's removal of Linda Ikeji's blog has brought to the fore again the subject of cybersquatting in Nigeria. The 'LindaIkeji' name has been bought in almost every TLD that matters. A guy in Belize bought LindaIkeji.com in 2007, something that Linda herself didn't deem necessary. The guy probably saw that the name has some exact match search figures and took the plunge.

I'm sure many people will call this guy a squatter and all sort of names, the guy has not done anything illegal. Few months ago, FunmiIyanda.com
sold for $2500 on Sedo.

Due to the Anti-CyberSquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA), it is illegal in the US to buy someone's name as a domain with the intent of reselling it to them. The same cannot be said about Nigeria; I don't even think Nigeria has any law relating to the internet/domain names.

To file a UDRP, Linda will have to pop out $1500 and rely on common law trademark. The ads on LindaIkeji.com show links to LindaIkeji blog. Do you think Linda has a chance of getting LindaIkeji.com in a UDRP?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
iykepromotions:
2sexy send me an email @ Ikennaobi44@gmail.Com, there's a deal
i have since replied you boss.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
OXCUBA:
2SEXY .... DAN ALLAH, BIKO ....
COME POST LINK FOR US .... HERE DON DRINK AGAIN ..

EJOOOR
lol... Boss. We dey on fence o. I will try as much as I can.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
oladayo042:
I just sold my first domain name.

FWines dot com

$499 BIN at Sedo

Regged for $2.17 in April, 2014.
Guy you just dey snap up all The L+Word.com diaris Goduuooo... No aluu all the registrars o.

There seem to be a market in that angle as recent sales has revealed.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
babaloke:
Good day all experts in the house,
I'm relatively new to domain name business and I want to find out the following details;
1.can I register a domain name with a nigerian based registrar and sell on foreign sites like sedo,flippa etc;
This is because I tried to register with godaddy several times but the page failed to open;probably they dont accept nigerians.

2.what method would you advise that I use when selling my domains;
should I offer it on the auction page of sedo.com,flippa,etc.or is it better to park the domains for some time.

Please I would appreciate your kind and insightful responses.

Thanks.
1. Please use GoDaddy. When you are starting out in this business, you will buy a lot of shitty domains. It is better to buy at $0.99 than to spend $10 a domain at a Nigerian registrar. Register with GoDaddy using a Nigerian IP and ensure you have a valid means of identification ready e.g. Driver's License, International Passport, Voter's Card, National ID, etc.

2. Try and open a Sedo account and park your domains there. Don't waste money on auctioning newly handregged domains.

The Golden Rule: Learn, Learn, Learn, Buy, Learn, Learn, Learn, Sell.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
2sExy1:
Guy you just dey snap up all The L+Word.com diaris Goduuooo... No aluu all the registrars o.

There seem to be a market in that angle as recent sales has revealed.
My oga, wetin newbies like me go do? We no fit kill ourselves because Nigeria never get internet when people are registering one word category killers like Wines.com

If I can't get Wines.com, I'll console myself with FWines.com. That 'F' may actually mean something to somebody. Think French Wines, Fruit Wines, Fortified Wines, Famous Wines and all winemakers/sellers whose name starts with 'F'. That was the thought when I regged the name and it paid off in 6 months with a 25000% ROI.

MNews.com and VDesk.com sold on GoDaddy yesterday in the mid $XXXX range.

I just regged WCakes.com. Can I reg/afford Cakes.com or WeddingCakes.com? No. Can I make money from WCakes.com? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Think about the number of cake makers whose name starts with 'W'. Wedding Cakes? Wendy's Cakes? Wheat Cakes? White Cakes?

4 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
oladayo042:
My oga, wetin newbies like me go do? We no fit kill ourselves because Nigeria never get internet when people are registering one word category killers like Wines.com

If I can't get Wines.com, I'll console myself with FWines.com. That 'F' may actually mean something to somebody. Think French Wines, Fruit Wines, Fortified Wines, Famous Wines and all winemakers/sellers whose name starts with 'F'. That was the thought when I regged the name and it paid off in 6 months with a 25000% ROI.

I just regged WCakes.com. Can I reg/afford Cakes.com or WeddingCakes.com? No. Can I make money from WCakes.com? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Think about the number of cake makers whose name starts with 'W'. Wedding Cakes? Wendy's Cakes? Wheat Cakes? White Cakes?
I dey feel jare... Ride on.

December don near finish o.... How we go celebrate am? I may hang out with my nairaland pals this December in Lagos. I just shifted my door close by.

God has been awesome, 2014... I hope 2015 would offer more blessings Non-stop.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
oladayo042:

I've been saying it, n will keep saying it; You're one of the most brilliant nairalanders I've 'e-met'.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
go daddy issue gentlemen,i have been asked for verification by go daddy and the ID card i registered for since february isnt ready yet,got no drivers license either.
Only thing i got is one slip given to me by the NIMC office with all my ID details of course.
Would go daddy accept that?
Am i screwed?

Also in geo targeted domains does the lenght of the domain name matter so much
E.g sanfranciscolegalservices dot com

I dont own that domain,its just an example
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Mowyo:
go daddy issue gentlemen,i have been asked for verification by go daddy and the ID card i registered for since february isnt ready yet,got no drivers license either.
Only thing i got is one slip given to me by the NIMC office with all my ID details of course.
Would go daddy accept that?
Am i screwed?

Also in geo targeted domains does the lenght of the domain name matter so much
E.g sanfranciscolegalservices dot com

I dont own that domain,its just an example
1. You can send GoDaddy your Voters Card. I've read here that some people used it and it was accepted.

2. Geo domains are always long by default so the 'short is better' does not always apply. A lot of geos have a minimum of three words.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
oladayo042:
1. You can send GoDaddy your Voters Card. I've read here that some people used it and it was accepted.

2. Geo domains are always long by default so the 'short is better' does not always apply. A lot of geos have a minimum of three words.

no voters card either bro sad
Would i lose my donain names and hosting account forever?
I am thinking of sending them the tempoary ID i was given by the govt or can you suggest anything else pls?

I can drop my email if you think talking here isnt the best idea.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
creativity will put a lot of money in your pocket if you possess it. i remembered when i registered a brand new domain name like that and i emailed a NIGERIAN guy using that name as his nickname. lo and behold the man thought i want to scam him and shunned me off. not up to a year later, i sold that name for $550 dollars @ a parking company. the name is danbaba.com. so in this industry, you need to be very creative. it's not about registering domain names, the question is how many domain names have you sold. internet money is sweet but you first have to work for it
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by mymadam(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
iykepromotions:
...not up to a year later, i sold that name for $550 dollars @ a parking company...

The same Danbaba probably bought it ... for more! cheesy That's life. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
mymadam:

The same Danbaba probably bought it ... for more! cheesy That's life. God bless Nigeria.
No ma, na Oyibo man bought it; one mr appolo
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
Please remove that thing you put up there. WTF? Do you have to go that far? This is one thing I hate about this thread.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
SIRANDREW should remove that name up there....
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
iykepromotions:
let her pay joo. how can she be using free blog since 2006! haba
I don't need her money as I had even emailed her when I registered the name to give it to her for free months ago. She does not respond to emails or maybe someone like an assistant has been the one using the email. I can't tell or it ended in a spam folder. Na she know.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
Guys pls i need responses to my earlier post on the thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.