Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1491653 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Boskaii: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
robonski15:

Hmmmm some market women are very horrendous, i will advice you consider the 1500 as a bad debt and move on cos involving police is just waste of money and you precious time my brother.

This is a mature advise, please let go, life is too short than to start striving on that amount, God will definitely cover this up for you, but as for her........ God is the judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by josefaith: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
soft777:
Mr lamude23 thanks for the question, but am very much correct and on point. May be you did not understand my write up . Let me elaborate . A square meter is just the size of those white plastic table used in parties , you cant calculate a quare meter without multiplying depth ; for example a pond of 10 by 15 and depth 4ft , MULTIPLY the length breath and width divde by 3 and you get the total square meter in your pond . Using this standard pond as an example, 10 by 15 by 4 = 600 cubic meter, then divide by 3, you get 200 square meter . So it implies that in this pond size, you will get 200 square meter . So for standard flow through system, using 5 fish , this stocking rate or density amounts to 5 multiply by your total squqre meter 200. This gives 1000 fishes, and it implies that , in a pond of 10 by 15 by 4 ft you can stock 1000 fish to grow out and you can stock higher if your market target is mellange , using standard method . But note , we have different types of system you can operate in your farm ; STANDARD SYSTEM , INTENSIVE SYSTEM and SUPER INTENSIVE SYSTEM. Personally, i operate superintensive system to maximize the full usage of my ponds and i record almost five times profits on a particullar pond. If you want to know how you can get this system or any other system with effective yield . Mr lamude 23 sir, u can talk to me on my whats app for a private chart GODBLESS

Oga SOft777, Please kindly share it here in this forum so that others can lead and probably practice it sooner or later.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
adebajo11:
Hi Robonski,

Kindly look into this issue on AN "You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings." cant get into my account since last week.. thats unusual.

I guess have to enable your cookies on your phone for AN.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tbagwell1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
seskee:
Pls my good people and gurus in da haus, i need ur assistance urgently as i m worried. i just stocked juve on 12/11/2015, but yezterday noticed some r getting discolored to a dirty silver colour. Pls wat cld dis be? Is it something i shld worry for?wat do i do as i m newbie here and very lost as to wat to do. They still feed well andactive and also wen i got them at their ,their color was very black so i m confused as to why some r changing colour to dirty silver.

Pls assist me pls

@ robonski,
ab1x,
excelsoir,
soft777,
ayostat
and others plsssss
What kind of pond do u use, if it just their color that change, then I think they are reacting to the new environment.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
fzero:

I just placed my orders, hope to receieve it as stipulated.

Hope he will be able to deliver it to you in Emory Atlanta Georgia - Golden Pearl

LOL
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
soft777:
18h NIGERIAN TIME . WATCH OUT FOR DISEASES PREVENTION , DISEASES IDENTIFICATION AND DISEASES TREATMENT GOOD BLESS

Awaiting sir....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
adebajo11:

Yes you are right, like i said i never thought of doing that i still hope it will grow back. besides its now day 5 still doing well. I will put everything into practice in my next hatching.

Though am still struggling with the PH of my water (within the range of 4-5.7) and electricity is another thing entirely, am just looking for a suitable method to buffer the PH to 6.5 and avoiding flow through, possibly i will have to come up with my own McDonald jar. And much thanks to Olalekan Josh on AGRICNETWORK, with his article i was able to culture my own Daphnia. I have learnt whole lot on this thread and agricnetwork. to the whole house i say a wonder thanks to you all, keep sharing and keep learning, God will bless you all.

Good job sir, can you share some pix with us.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
komakan:
Pls tell him d quatity of Formalin otherwise there wil be mortality.
# How many fishes do u stock or have inside? D formalin will take care of the skin infection n other bacterial in da pond... if u have say like 1000 fishes am sure ur pond size correspond wiv d stocking densidty, den u can use 3liters of formalin, mix it with water b4 applying it so it won't be raw, use formalin if u can get potassium... after draining d water allow fresh water in to like 1ft den sprinkle d formalin on dem after say 10mins mix 2 sachet of oxcy-veto n sprinkle on dem... leave dem 4 1-2hrs den fill up d water, don't feed dem till d next day. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by komakan(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=chilanfarms post=40333421]# How many fishes do u stock or have inside? D formalin will take care of the skin infection n other bacterial in da pond... if u have say like 1000 fishes am sure ur pond size correspond wiv d stocking densidty, den u can use 3liters of formalin, mix it with water b4 applying it so it won't be raw, use formalin if u can get potassium... after draining d water allow fresh water in to like 1ft den sprinkle d formalin on dem after say 10mins mix 2 sachet of oxcy-veto n sprinkle on dem... leave dem 4 1-2hrs den fill up d water, don't feed dem till d next day. Goodluck.[/quote . if u have say like 1000 fishes am sure ur pond size correspond wiv d stocking densidty, Sir, it doesnt work dat way at times. D size of d pond matter most for d quantity of drugs not number of fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by komakan(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
if u have say like 1000 fishes am sure ur pond size correspond wiv d stocking densidty......Sir, it doesnt work dat way at times. D size of d pond matters most for d quantity of drugs not number of fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lamude23: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
soft777:
Mr lamude23 thanks for the question, but am very much correct and on point. May be you did not understand my write up . Let me elaborate . A square meter is just the size of those white plastic table used in parties , you cant calculate a quare meter without multiplying depth ; for example a pond of 10 by 15 and depth 4ft , MULTIPLY the length breath and width divde by 3 and you get the total square meter in your pond . Using this standard pond as an example, 10 by 15 by 4 = 600 cubic meter, then divide by 3, you get 200 square meter . So it implies that in this pond size, you will get 200 square meter . So for standard flow through system, using 5 fish , this stocking rate or density amounts to 5 multiply by your total squqre meter 200. This gives 1000 fishes, and it implies that , in a pond of 10 by 15 by 4 ft you can stock 1000 fish to grow out and you can stock higher if your market target is mellange , using standard method . But note , we have different types of system you can operate in your farm ; STANDARD SYSTEM , INTENSIVE SYSTEM and SUPER INTENSIVE SYSTEM. Personally, i operate superintensive system to maximize the full usage of my ponds and i record almost five times profits on a particullar pond. If you want to know how you can get this system or any other system with effective yield . Mr lamude 23 sir, u can talk to me on my whats app for a private chart GODBLESS

What is ur what's app no please?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
lamude23:

What is ur what's app no please?
My brother, sorry i taught i emailed u its 0033758786306
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
seskee:
Pls my good people and gurus in da haus, i need ur assistance urgently as i m worried. i just stocked juve on 12/11/2015, but yezterday noticed some r getting discolored to a dirty silver colour. Pls wat cld dis be? Is it something i shld worry for?wat do i do as i m newbie here and very lost as to wat to do. They still feed well andactive and also wen i got them at their ,their color was very black so i m confused as to why some r changing colour to dirty silver.
Pls assist me pls

@ robonski,
ab1x,
excelsoir,
soft777,
ayostat
and others plsssss
@seskee, your fishes are less than 2weeks in your pond, I believe there are fine if their feeding habit is fine & water not polluted. Most times in Earthen pond the catfishes changes colour. Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 6:04am On Nov 24, 2015
komakan:
if u have say like 1000 fishes am sure ur pond size correspond wiv d stocking densidty......Sir, it doesnt work dat way at times. D size of d pond matters most for d quantity of drugs not number of fish.
# do u stock a pond dt can carry 2000 wiv 1000? Bros since u no better good luck. Read in between the lines...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2015
DISEASE PREVENTION : Just the old adage that say prevention is better than cure , the best way to avoid disease in your fish farm is not to stress your fish . Anything that stress your fish will weak there immune system and automatically they will have less immunity over bacteria fungus and varai infection . Catfish in nature are very strong fish, which can withstand the worst harsh condition and poor water management but that does not mean we should care less of how we manage them . Make sure u handle them less either during sorting or counting , when sorting i advice u buy the sorting equipment they come in different sizes and not so expensive so as to reduce your hand contact with the fish MECHANICAL STRESS; and for faster sorting ,because the longer u sort the more stress your fish becomes . Sort only when the temperature is cool early morning or evening, when the sun is down. Good quality feed, dont feed your fish with feed already growing mucors, or feeds that are not properly stored in a cool dry place, dont feed damp feeds to your fishes they are already affected with bacteria and fungai and can be toxic to your fish . Maintain good water ph , temperature, dissolved oxygen and good filtration for fishes , do good water management either by changing water regularly or flow through to ensure they are not stress due to large amonia in their waste . Give your fish good protection over predators like birds, eg king fisher , rodents eg rat , amphibians eg frogs , and reptiles eg lizards, all these predators are host to many parasites which are also host to many disease causing bacteria . The major cause of disease is water management , ensure you follow all the ABC of water management ,it can determine your success or failure . Do not always wait till your fish get sick, at least treat once in a while with salt and ash mixture , salt as you know is a simple cheap and readily available material, and it works magic in the prevention of lots of disease in your stock or ponds . It has been proven effective in detering the boom of bacteria and fungai in ponds . It is just like when we vaccinate hummans or livestock, you dont need to wait till a child gets sick before vaccinating, as for me i practice monthly interval of salt and ash treatment or bath as fish vaccination also keep proper records the last time u treted your fish and medication name mortality etc , to help u determin incase its a recouring disease you can just apply the preventive method even before u see any signs. please mind you too much treatment reduce fish growth so once a month is ok dont go stressing your fish regularly cause of prevention . Well u can do all these correctly and still get disease out break in your ponds, and u ask yourself why ? What did u do wrong ? Do not panic you must have done no wrong . What i want you to know is there are seasonal disease outbreak ,these are disease through the wind or air ,it can not be controlled, but no need to panic there are simple but effective way of analysing or diagonise and treatment . i call it SYMPTOM IDENTIFICATION AND TREATMENT. I will summerise the 3 main fish diseases . BACTERIA FUNGAI AND VIRUS . For bacteria treatment ... ALL BACTERIA infection should be treated ,mostly with Oxytetracycline O:T:C , or salt with ash and most fungai infections should be treated with formaline or malachet green ,though there are a lot of new and very effective drugs out there . Till date no drugs have been formulated for virus infection in fish . The only solution for virus infection in catfish farming is just to maintain best practices . NOW to identify or to know the symptoms , just like in human you can not treat cough with maleria medecine ,likewise in fish you can not treat fungai infection with oxytetracycline which is ment to treat bacteria ,it will not work effectively the infection will come back ,thats why on this tread or on my whats app , before i recommend a treatment i always ask properly the signs you are seeing on your fishes , physicaly so as to help determine the treatment to be adminstar on your fish and so many fish farmers tend to say i treated my fish and it did not work , or it looks like it worked and in short time they start to die again. This is due to giving wrong treatment or giving the corect treatment but not enough. Dont over stock .try to stock within the given range of your pound size i.e. all farmers should know there pond size. MOST BACTERIA infections are . reddening of fins; de-pigmentation , that is u see the skin peeling off , White spots on their mouth, edges of scales and fins or fin rot ; cottony growth around mouth; fins disintegrate at edges and when u see lots of fish clustering at the water outlet zone; for FUNGAI infection, you will notice Grey/white patches on the skin or gills resembling cotton-wool, later becoming brown or green; normally small, focal infections spreading rapidly over body or gills. Viral is mostly not common in catfish when u see your fish swimming in a funny way not exactly the normal way then you know its viral infection. A very poor water management can have both fungai and bacteria infection ,this is when u see mass mortality ,then both treatments should be use . TREATMENT , first when u discover disease in your pond the first thing to do is like a first aid ,is to drill out the whole water first ,and allow a new water before applying your treatment , u will not get good results or good effectivness of your drugs and fast recovery of your fish ,when you treat with same infected water . So skip a day feed before and after treatments to allow them proper pordging of there system and also to reduce there escreta or waste , since most time when your fish is undergoing treatment , the level of your pond water is drained out very low and u do not need feed your fish to escreta more and pollute the little water during treatment. The administration of drugs like formalin depends on both the quantity of fish stocked and volume of water , temperature and dissolve oxygen . Since formalin is a formaldehyde which can reacts with oxygen in your water, for example Formalin chemically removes oxygen from the aquatic environment. Each 5 mg/l of formalin applied removes 1 mg/l of dissolved oxygen means it reduces the amount of dissolved oxygen in your water , but not a problem you can correct that easily by applying an aerator during treatment or gradually releasing or adding fresh new water to the treated water after some time of treatment, and please after using formalin it should be closed in a keg tightly and stored in a cool dry place . When ever you want to use your formalin and see it has develop lots of white patches like a thick foam do not use. it has reacted with atmospheric compounds to become more toxic and if not carefull u can loose or kill all your fish than saving them. Just buy a new formalin and use. The time duration u leave your medecine varies .it depends on how critical your fish are affected and age of your fish . if you are using for prevention only , u can treat them for an hour and gradualy increase water ,as i said before ,i treat my fishes with salt bath once a month for prevention . Add the recommended vitamin c in there feed to avoid crack head, that whole u see on some fish head stipulates they are lacking vitamin c . I hope u find this write up a little helping in preventing analysing and treating your fish .for any particular disease problem in your farm , you are free to ask :This is just a braod summary and i will be most glad to elaborate on any specific questions HAPPY FISHING!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2015
MY NEXT WRITE UP IS WATER MANAGEMENT , IT IS VERY ESSENTIAL IN PROGRESS OF THIS BUSINESS WATCH OUT TOMORROW ONLY ON www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seskee(f): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2015
robonski15:

My chairman we don't even know the size of the pond to be treated, using formalin and oxy can be fatal without proper measurement..

I m using earthern pond and d size is 12m by 10m wit depth of 6ft. Stocked 2000 juve
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seskee(f): 9:30am On Nov 24, 2015
JuveFarms:

@seskee, your fishes are less than 2weeks in your pond, I believe there are fine if their feeding habit is fine & water not polluted. Most times in Earthen pond the catfishes changes colour. Tnx

Tnks my good people, even wit d responses flowing in i already feel d prob solved.i m using earthern pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seskee(f): 9:34am On Nov 24, 2015
chilanfarms:
# How many fishes do u stock or have inside? D formalin will take care of the skin infection n other bacterial in da pond... if u have say like 1000 fishes am sure ur pond size correspond wiv d stocking densidty, den u can use 3liters of formalin, mix it with water b4 applying it so it won't be raw, use formalin if u can get potassium... after draining d water allow fresh water in to like 1ft den sprinkle d formalin on dem after say 10mins mix 2 sachet of oxcy-veto n sprinkle on dem... leave dem 4 1-2hrs den fill up d water, don't feed dem till d next day. Goodluck.

I m using earthern pond and hv 2000 juve stocked
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2015
soft777:

I am equally interest @ the bolded, can you please explain to the house how you manage your SUPERINTENSIVE SYSTEM that record almost five times profit. The pond you are referring to is it concrete pond?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Blizzle(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2015
Your write-ups are always very insightful, educating and enlightening.

However I would be happy if u can paragraph future right ups for easy reading. You can put a line-space after every paragraph. That makes long write-ups easier to read on all devices.

Thanks a lot for ur effort at schooling we newbies to profitable aquaculture.

soft777:
DISEASE PREVENTION : Just the old adage that say prevention is better than cure , the best way to avoid disease in your fish farm is not to stress your fish . Anything that stress your fish will weak there immune system and automatically they will have less immunity over bacteria fungus and varai infection . Catfish in nature are very strong fish, which can withstand the worst harsh condition and poor water management but that does not mean we should care less of how we manage them . Make sure u handle them less either during sorting or counting , when sorting i advice u buy the sorting equipment they come in different sizes and not so expensive so as to reduce your hand contact with the fish MECHANICAL STRESS; and for faster sorting ,because the longer u sort the more stress your fish becomes . Sort only when the temperature is cool early morning or evening, when the sun is down. Good quality feed, dont feed your fish with feed already growing mucors, or feeds that are not properly stored in a cool dry place, dont feed damp feeds to your fishes they are already affected with bacteria and fungai and can be toxic to your fish . Maintain good water ph , temperature, dissolved oxygen and good filtration for fishes , do good water management either by changing water regularly or flow through to ensure they are not stress due to large amonia in their waste . Give your fish good protection over predators like birds, eg king fisher , rodents eg rat , amphibians eg frogs , and reptiles eg lizards, all these predators are host to many parasites which are also host to many disease causing bacteria . The major cause of disease is water management , ensure you follow all the ABC of water management ,it can determine your success or failure . Do not always wait till your fish get sick, at least treat once in a while with salt and ash mixture , salt as you know is a simple cheap and readily available material, and it works magic in the prevention of lots of disease in your stock or ponds . It has been proven effective in detering the boom of bacteria and fungai in ponds . It is just like when we vaccinate hummans or livestock, you dont need to wait till a child gets sick before vaccinating, as for me i practice monthly interval of salt and ash treatment or bath as fish vaccination also keep proper records the last time u treted your fish and medication name mortality etc , to help u determin incase its a recouring disease you can just apply the preventive method even before u see any signs. please mind you too much treatment reduce fish growth so once a month is ok dont go stressing your fish regularly cause of prevention . Well u can do all these correctly and still get disease out break in your ponds, and u ask yourself why ? What did u do wrong ? Do not panic you must have done no wrong . What i want you to know is there are seasonal disease outbreak ,these are disease through the wind or air ,it can not be controlled, but no need to panic there are simple but effective way of analysing or diagonise and treatment . i call it SYMPTOM IDENTIFICATION AND TREATMENT. I will summerise the 3 main fish diseases . BACTERIA FUNGAI AND VIRUS . For bacteria treatment ... ALL BACTERIA infection should be treated ,mostly with Oxytetracycline O:T:C , or salt with ash and most fungai infections should be treated with formaline or malachet green ,though there are a lot of new and very effective drugs out there . Till date no drugs have been formulated for virus infection in fish . The only solution for virus infection in catfish farming is just to maintain best practices . NOW to identify or to know the symptoms , just like in human you can not treat cough with maleria medecine ,likewise in fish you can not treat fungai infection with oxytetracycline which is ment to treat bacteria ,it will not work effectively the infection will come back ,thats why on this tread or on my whats app , before i recommend a treatment i always ask properly the signs you are seeing on your fishes , physicaly so as to help determine the treatment to be adminstar on your fish and so many fish farmers tend to say i treated my fish and it did not work , or it looks like it worked and in short time they start to die again. This is due to giving wrong treatment or giving the corect treatment but not enough. Dont over stock .try to stock within the given range of your pound size i.e. all farmers should know there pond size. MOST BACTERIA infections are . reddening of fins; de-pigmentation , that is u see the skin peeling off , White spots on their mouth, edges of scales and fins or fin rot ; cottony growth around mouth; fins disintegrate at edges and when u see lots of fish clustering at the water outlet zone; for FUNGAI infection, you will notice Grey/white patches on the skin or gills resembling cotton-wool, later becoming brown or green; normally small, focal infections spreading rapidly over body or gills. Viral is mostly not common in catfish when u see your fish swimming in a funny way not exactly the normal way then you know its viral infection. A very poor water management can have both fungai and bacteria infection ,this is when u see mass mortality ,then both treatments should be use . TREATMENT , first when u discover disease in your pond the first thing to do is like a first aid ,is to drill out the whole water first ,and allow a new water before applying your treatment , u will not get good results or good effectivness of your drugs and fast recovery of your fish ,when you treat with same infected water . So skip a day feed before and after treatments to allow them proper pordging of there system and also to reduce there escreta or waste , since most time when your fish is undergoing treatment , the level of your pond water is drained out very low and u do not need feed your fish to escreta more and pollute the little water during treatment. The administration of drugs like formalin depends on both the quantity of fish stocked and volume of water , temperature and dissolve oxygen . Since formalin is a formaldehyde which can reacts with oxygen in your water, for example Formalin chemically removes oxygen from the aquatic environment. Each 5 mg/l of formalin applied removes 1 mg/l of dissolved oxygen means it reduces the amount of dissolved oxygen in your water , but not a problem you can correct that easily by applying an aerator during treatment or gradually releasing or adding fresh new water to the treated water after some time of treatment, and please after using formalin it should be closed in a keg tightly and stored in a cool dry place . When ever you want to use your formalin and see it has develop lots of white patches like a thick foam do not use. it has reacted with atmospheric compounds to become more toxic and if not carefull u can loose or kill all your fish than saving them. Just buy a new formalin and use. The time duration u leave your medecine varies .it depends on how critical your fish are affected and age of your fish . if you are using for prevention only , u can treat them for an hour and gradualy increase water ,as i said before ,i treat my fishes with salt bath once a month for prevention . Add the recommended vitamin c in there feed to avoid crack head, that whole u see on some fish head stipulates they are lacking vitamin c . I hope u find this write up a little helping in preventing analysing and treating your fish .for any particular disease problem in your farm , you are free to ask :This is just a braod summary and i will be most glad to elaborate on any specific questions HAPPY FISHING!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2015
Am presently a Corp member (nysc) I got an opportunity offer from bank of industry for a loan of about 2 million (apart from personal investment which is around a million) and I want to go into piggery business and fish farming in medium scale (I love to have a mentor if anyone is willing) but I want to write a business proposal first and I need a breakdown of a startup expenses for fish range of 4000-6000 (thinking of have like 3 different pond for the growing, stocking in a month or two month interval and you can pick any specific number for the analysis), please note I have read alot about the thread (am not lazy... Lol) and I have gain alot but I need comprehensive information to put up a financial plan, please do render your help. If location matters, the farm would be in osun state Ede to be precise and my phone number plus whatsapp is 08138358209 if you want to go further in helping out. I promise to be cheerful with any knowledge I gain here and to be a feedback source in the future
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
A reputable integrated fish , poultry and livestock farm in ogun state axis has vacancies for the the following positions . FISH HATCHERY MANAGER, POULTRY MANAGER , AND A GENERAL FARM BOY WORKER , attractive salary and free accommodation close to the farm . Any inetrested persons should please contact FARM MANAGER on 07042660868 , or contact me directly via my whats app number +33758786306 or send a mail to malvisjohn@yahoo.com.. thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by puffynana(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
adegbem:
Am presently a Corp member (nysc) I got an opportunity offer from bank of industry for a loan of about 2 million (apart from personal investment which is around a million) and I want to go into piggery business and fish farming in medium scale (I love to have a mentor if anyone is willing) but I want to write a business proposal first and I need a breakdown of a startup expenses for fish range of 4000-6000 (thinking of have like 3 different pond for the growing, stocking in a month or two month interval and you can pick any specific number for the analysis), please note I have read alot about the thread (am not lazy... Lol) and I have gain alot but I need comprehensive information to put up a financial plan, please do render your help. If location matters, the farm would be in osun state Ede to be precise and my phone number plus whatsapp is 08138358209 if you want to go further in helping out. I promise to be cheerful with any knowledge I gain here and to be a feedback source in the future
Exactly what I posted days ago. We jjc that want to start this business by next year need to plan and know the capital needed and the approximate amount that can be used to feed a thousand fishes to maturity. Pls help us. Corpers wee
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
puffynana:

Exactly what I posted days ago. We jjc that want to start this business by next year need to plan and know the capital needed and the approximate amount that can be used to feed a thousand fishes to maturity. Pls help us. Corpers wee
wa ooo abeg pls oga at the top please help out ooo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
adegbem:
wa ooo abeg pls oga at the top please help out ooo
IF U CAN ANSWER THESE 3 QUESTIONS FOR ME THEN I WILL EASILY GIVE U A GOOD BUSINESS PLAN ANALYSIS ? DO U HAVE LAND ALREADY ? DO U HAVE SOURCE OF WATER ? AND WHAT TYPE OF PONDS U INTEND USING
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by puffynana(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
soft777:
IF U CAN ANSWER THESE 3 QUESTIONS FOR ME THEN I WILL EASILY GIVE U A GOOD BUSINESS PLAN ANALYSIS ? DO U HAVE LAND ALREADY ? DO U HAVE SOURCE OF WATER ? AND WHAT TYPE OF PONDS U INTEND USING
Yes sir
There is land already. With a stream running behind it.
Plan to use a concrete pond so that I can drain and see my fishes well being regularly as the earthen pond are mostly not transparent
Infact every thing is ready except capital for construction of pond and feeding.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
seskee:

I m using earthern pond and d size is 12m by 10m wit depth of 6ft. Stocked 2000 juve
They might change colour cos of their new environment, just keep observing them.. No cause for alarm

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Juliana7: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
@soft777, GOD bless u sir, awesome input from u. Pls sir i am particular about DAPHNIA,, pls sir when are going talk on daphnia production? Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
soft777:
I have a land already, no suitable source of water and I want to go for concrete pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Teepompey:
Oga Ab1x, its been a while, I hope you are doing great? I would like you to please review this formula; finisher for catfish of 4 months and above
Fish meal (72%) 10kg
Blood meal 6kg
Soybean meal 20
kg
Groundnut cake 15kg
Broiler starter 25kg
Flour 9kg
Biscuit 10kg
Molasses 5kg
Lysine 0.1kg
Premix 0.5kg
DCP 1kg
Methionine 0.2kg

Anyone who is interested in feed formulation can also drop comment/review on this formula. Besides, I would appreciate if gurus and members alike in the house can drop various feed formula and lets learn new ideas. Regards.
# pls include bone meal in the formulation.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2015
puffynana:

Yes sir
There is land already. With a stream running behind it.
Plan to use a concrete pond so that I can drain and see my fishes well being regularly as the earthen pond are mostly not transparent
Infact every thing is ready except capital for construction of pond and feeding.
MR Puffynana i will give u a write up tomorrow on the best business report ,in a way that you can start making profit in your first 3 to 4 months and how u can shear your ponds to get monthly sales .your profit will be like your salary . It pains me when i see people leave fish farming cause of looses and it gladens my heart to see new people come in. we shall help by GOD grace , guide you, so that u will not regret starting this business . PROF ROBONSKI PLEASE WELCOME OUR NEW COLLEAGUE TO THE BUSINESS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.