Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,436 members, 7,843,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1099018 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 10:05pm On May 10, 2016
Gbola5:

Not true. They both think of each other fondly.
HUH
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2016
Endy10:
When Jon said 'my watch has ended and left castle black, I was like, 'Sh*t! He Is a deserter. The penalty is death. Then I remembered, He died. His watch had really ended.

Based on Edd's dreams I see Jon serving in d nights watch not leading it (book tinz)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2016
GROOOVE:
ok all in all it was a great episode, with jon deserting the night's watch I dont think we'll be seeing a reunion of the stark kids any time soon....something is officially wrong with the stark family, just when sansa espaces raamsay bolton, rickon immediately takes her place...I mean why keep the rickon character out for 2 seasons only to have him back in such an awful condition, I smell something fishy maybe the whole rickon/shaggydog thing was a setup by the umber lord( I really hope so). I cant watch another ramsey bolton torture.....cercy seems to have had it all figured out but with no backing from the council and the king acting as the kid he is, I really hope she wins the city back.....tyrion is becoming such a bore he really needs a new drinking buddy
lastly, whats with the flashbacks? the three eyed raven should tell bran what he needs to know and lets have the war already.

PS. I cant wait to see little finger and what trick he has up his sleeves this time

Gbola5 wat do you think about wat Bran sees d past so far (book things)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:57pm On May 10, 2016
moski5:

HUH

Jon thought about her and vice versa with
Sansa. She prayed for him in the sept and when she heard he had been made lord commander of the Night Watch she was glad for him and had a yearning to see him. Sansa was so excited when she heard about Jon it was too cute. Jon thought about Sansa often also.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 11:06pm On May 10, 2016
Gbola5:

Jon thought about her and vice versa with
Sansa. She prayed for him in the sept and when she heard he had been made lord commander of the Night Watch she was glad for him and had a yearning to see him. Sansa was so excited when she heard about Jon it was too cute. Jon thought about Sansa often also.

this was after she knew he's her only living relative else she detested him even suggested dt Arya was adopted/bastard
its dt bad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:43pm On May 10, 2016
moski5:

Gbola5 wat do you think about wat Bran sees d past so far (book things)
They're going great with a few changes here and there.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:59pm On May 10, 2016
moski5:

this was after she knew he's her only living relative else she detested him even suggested dt Arya was adopted/bastard
its dt bad

Sansa didn't really interact with any of her siblings onscreen but Arya, that doesn't mean there was no closeness. Here are a few;

She had not thought of Jon in ages.
He was only her half brother, but
still... with Robb and Bran and
Rickon dead, Jon Snow was the only
brother that remained to her. I am a
bastard too now, just like him. Oh, it
would be so sweet, to see him once
again.

“That’s pretty.” He remembered Sansa
telling him once that he should say
that whenever a lady told him her
name. He could not help the girl, but
perhaps the courtesy would please her.

Sansa thought Jon how to talk to girls.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:49am On May 11, 2016
Gbola5:

It's common knowledge Howland Reed saved his life, and in the original scene Ned did nothing dishonourable. Why are you making a character who died because of his honour appear a dishonourable liar ? He wasn't, why go against the character like this?

You can rewatch the scene. Even Bran was suprised.

The same Ned that lied about jon's lineage to everyone for years?
The same Ned that did something as dishonourable as lying in front of the whole Kingdom about cersei's children after his family was threatened?

Bran was surprised. Does that tell you the directors know what dey are doing? Or is Bran not part of the show?

And I have said it before, a character is not a script that is always constant no matter what. When it comes to family, Ned overlooks honour as seen when he recanted his statement about cersei's children after his family was threatened.

It appears that you are the one who doesn't even know the character at all.

Just watch the directors commentary (links I posted). It's for people lik you that think ya smarter than the show runners.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by landinfo: 7:28am On May 11, 2016
Why do I have thix feeling that this particular actress acting as "Arya" would soon be changed for a more older Arya cos she is too too young to play the role of an "Avengeful/Assassinating Stark"....in all the 3 young characters of the Starks (Arya, Bran & Rickon), na only she for the past 6yrz wey no change in growth---same stature till date unlike the 2 boys
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2016
gj22:

The same Ned that lied about jon's lineage to everyone for years?
The same Ned that did something as dishonourable as lying in front of the whole Kingdom about cersei's children after his family was threatened?

Ned overlooks honour as seen when he recanted his statement about cersei's children after his family was threatened.

Ned never bragged about killing Arthur Dayne, because he didnt. He wasn't trying to gain honor or glory by saying he was the one that killed Dayne.
"Seven of us went there and
two of us survived. If not for Howland
Reed I would have died."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2016
Gbola5:

Ned never bragged about killing Arthur Dayne, because he didnt.

I don't get what you are driving at seriously. Bran clearly says "father defeated him" and the 3 eyed raven said "did he?".

He might not have bragged in the real sense of the word but the story in westeros is that Ned stark defeated Arthur. It wasn't only Bran he told the story, he told jamie(i think) also.

There is no inconsistency other than the one you are making up.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Migines(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2016
landinfo:
Why do I have thix feeling that this particular actress acting as "Arya" would soon be changed for a more older Arya cos she is too too young to play the role of an "Avengeful/Assassinating Stark"....in all the 3 young characters of the Starks (Arya, Bran & Rickon), na only she for the past 6yrz wey no change in growth---same stature till date unlike the 2 boys

I get your point but, I strongly doubt that. Besides, if you watched her in the last episode, you'll notice a more mature look and disposition. Size wise, I get. But when they want to make her look like an assassin, the costume team I believe will step up.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:43am On May 11, 2016
gj22:

I don't get what you are driving at seriously. Bran clearly says "father defeated him" and the 3 eyed raven said "did he?".

He might not have bragged in the real sense of the word but the story in westeros is that Ned stark defeated Arthur. It wasn't only Bran he told the story, he told jamie(i think) also.

He didnt tell Jaime. Ned wasn't a talker, all everyone else knows was that Ned survived and Arthur Dayne died, but Ned never lied to his kids and told them true he would have died but for Reed, he wouldn't brag about such a dishonorable fight like it was portrayed in the show.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2016
He never claimed to Bran he defeated Arthur Dayne himself. It is only what other people interpreted into it.
The scene in the show and conversation between Bran and T3ER suggests that there was something wrong in the story that Bran was told.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Migines(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2016
Gbola5:

Not true. They both think of each other fondly.

It will be too much to say "fondly" which is very understandable to dispute , considering their relationship has been ambiguous. But, With keen attention to detail, we can suggest that she had love for him, but not one that could be elaborated on considering her religion "faith" and upbringing (proper lady)
Jon being a bastard must have been confusing for her. It goes against what she knows as "proper". She always referred to him as her "bastard half brother". And from Jon, we learnt she thought him how to talk to girls. I hardly think she must have thought him that in between spitting in his face.
Jon's love for her as his sister can't be doubted because of his loving reputation. On the other hand, it's easy for us to think sansa hated him because she wasn't really a pleasant child and often condescending (basing this on how she relates with her septa) but, when it comes to Jon, I'll have to agree that she did have love for him, just no avenue for expression.
Note that they were in different world's. Jon was always with the swordsmen and his faith was in the old gods like a northerner. while she was with the knitters and her faith was in the "faith" like a southerner.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2016
landinfo:
Sophie Turner (Sansa) wasn't replaced too. Besides Maisie Williams (Arya) is now a full grown woman, creative team are still hiding her boobi, lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Migines(m): 9:18am On May 11, 2016
gj22:

Ned can't be held responsible for how people intepreted the story over the years. Ned and dayne were in a fight, Ned came out alive and dayne stayed dead. Only Ned and Reed were present to know how it went. Every other person could have interpreted it to taste and passed it on. Ned on the issue gave credit to Reed. Even though he didn't explain. If bran heard differently, it certainly didn't come from his father. My bet is on his Maester Luwin WHO WASN'T THERE. And about Ned telling it to Jamie, I hardly think so. I can't think of any situation where they could have had the discussion... Certainly not over a bottle of wine.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:12am On May 11, 2016
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ignatio(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2016
Ned never discussed with Jamie about the fight. But deep inside Jamie knew Ned couldn't have defeated See Dayne. He always has this mocking look for Ned .

If u look into it deeply, u will get the sense why Jamie was like that at start

Jamie says to someone that I learned from Arthur Dayne. He could kill all 5 of you with his left hand while taking a piss with right

Then Ned comes along who has killed Arthur Dayne in a straight combat as per what Jamie knows. So he wants to see Ned in action. He taunts him in first episode itself. Then he faces him later. He was relishing facing him, until one lannister soldier stabs Ned in leg from behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 11, 2016
Gbola5:
http://tiredandboredwithmyself.com/theblog/oathbreaker-the-limits-of-our-stories/

Insightful. Lends credence to the saying " War does not determine who is right, but who is left".

Can everyone now see from Ramsay's POV.

However, in the words of Niccolo Machiavelli, "the end justifies the means".

Actions or inactions, good or bad, a man shall pay his dues.

Valar Morgulis.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 12:49pm On May 11, 2016
JhyMedex:
MY RANT

Jon is a fvckin coward....
Wen given d opportunity 2 avenge his Beloved siblings by King Stannis he waddled off like a half wit talking shit abt honour...

Imagine d psycho trauma dt kid must av gone thru seeing all d pple he Eva loved or cared
butchered by some barbarians.. His Mum n Dad
Nw put ursef in Oli's shoes, given d chance 2 avenge ur loved ones. Wat wld u do?..

N if ur choice is 2 avenge dem...
Wat wld u do 2 Any1 who stood btw u n ur vengeance...
Like Jon stood in d way of Oli's...
D enemy of enemy is my friend...
Likewise, the friend of my enemy is enemy...

#FVCKOFF JON SNOW

CALL ME JON-HATER..

Lol...Olly should have taken his revenge on the Wildlings one by one NOT JON, Jon had explained to him why he did what he did. The Wildings are untamed brutes without being transformed, now imagine them being nightwalkers... are you kidding me? Olly wouldn't be alive to tell the tale. The lesser the walkers the more chances any army has to defeat them. Olly was easily manipulated, and of all the traitors who stabbed Jon, Olly's was the most painful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 12:53pm On May 11, 2016
Endy10:
How come nobody is talking about the part where the Maester was dissing the mountain, Ser Gregor. The look on his face when Ser Gregor walked in, coupled with that Fart was priceless grin

Hahaaaahaaaa...the fart part was something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2016
Gbola5:

He didnt tell Jaime. Ned wasn't a talker

Okay. I thought I read it somewhere in a forum like this.
, all everyone else knows was that Ned survived and Arthur Dayne died,

Exactly, this gave Ned a rep boost. And its not like he disputed the rumour.

but Ned never lied to his kids and told them true he would have died but for Reed, he wouldn't brag about such a dishonorable fight like it was portrayed in the show.

No one said he did. The show only portrayed a discrepancy between what was believed to have happened and what actually happened. That is all

Can you tell me how it was portrayed that he lied? I it's because of bran's surprise, Bran was only suprised because It didn't happen th way it was told in westeros
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2016
Gbola5:
He never claimed to Bran he defeated Arthur Dayne himself. It is only what other people interpreted into it.
The scene in the show and conversation between Bran and T3ER suggests that there was something wrong in the story that Bran was told.

Yes. Exactly. Bran was told "I wouldn't have been able to defeat him if not for Howland Reed". Bran assumed that Howland helped Ned defeat Arthur by fighting honorable but not by stabbing him in the back.

It doesn't mean Ned lied. He just told a vague truthe.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 12:59pm On May 11, 2016
losprince:
sounded like baby cries to me...

...heard baby cries too
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2016
Migines:

Ned can't be held responsible for how people intepreted the story over the years. Ned and dayne were in a fight, Ned came out alive and dayne stayed dead. Only Ned and Reed were present to know how it went. Every other person could have interpreted it to taste and passed it on. Ned on the issue gave credit to Reed. Even though he didn't explain. If bran heard differently, it certainly didn't come from his father. My bet is on his Maester Luwin WHO WASN'T THERE. And about Ned telling it to Jamie, I hardly think so. I can't think of any situation where they could have had the discussion... Certainly not over a bottle of wine.

You are right. But in a way, letting people assume something about you is still kinda deceptive. I agree tho

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2016
gj22:

Yes. Exactly. Bran was told "I wouldn't have been able to defeat him if not for Howland Reed". Bran assumed that Howland helped Ned defeat Arthur by fighting honorable but not by stabbing him in the back.

It doesn't mean Ned lied. He just told a vague truthe.

Show Bran just comes along and says, " My father defeated him". But let's just agree to disagree at this point.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 1:57pm On May 11, 2016
grin cheesy grin

gj22 and Gbola5.. you two are always at each other's throats its so interesting to watch.

Back to the episode..
We must acknowledge Sir Davos for keeping Snow's body and talking to the Red Witch to resurrect him. Hes the father Snow never had..all Snow fans should be grateful to him

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2016
Unfathomable:
grin cheesy grin

gj22 and Gbola5.. you two are always at each other's throats its so interesting to watch.

Back to the episode..
We must acknowledge Sir Davos for keeping Snow's body and talking to the Red Witch to resurrect him. Hes the father Snow never had..all Snow fans should be grateful to him

He brings forth good discussion.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2016
Meanwhile here's a new excerpt from The Winds of Winter. A good read for those of you interested. (Spoilers all)

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Arianne II
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 11, 2016
IF This were an orinary series, I would have said that Jon Snow will reunite with Sansa; will battle Ramsay Bolton and win, reunite with Rickon and Bran will get a dragon.......
And they live happily ever after. undecidedundecidedundecided

But, this series is so bleeped up, I don't even want to guess. sadsadsadcrycry

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.