Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,863 members, 7,828,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095359 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

D& D were thinking they put
some more depth into Ned's character (being
not so honorable as it seems...) if they make
it appear he lied to Bran about the ToJ.
Perhaps they forgot the "he would have killed
me save for Howland Reed" part. The scene
itself wasn't so bad.

No, the scene wasn't bad at all. It just seemed after the death of the mad king and Rhaegar,honour died in westeros and true knights too or they began to. At least that was the message the scene left on me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 6:04pm On May 09, 2016
landinfo:
It just dawned on me after reading a foreign article that JonSnow is the rightful aire to the Iron throne BUT he is still a Bastard since his mother waz never married to Rheagar...
It's just a theory
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 6:04pm On May 09, 2016
MY RANT

Jon is a fvckin coward....
Wen given d opportunity 2 avenge his Beloved siblings by King Stannis he waddled off like a half wit talking shit abt honour...

Imagine d psycho trauma dt kid must av gone thru seeing all d pple he Eva loved or cared
butchered by some barbarians.. His Mum n Dad
Nw put ursef in Oli's shoes, given d chance 2 avenge ur loved ones. Wat wld u do?..

N if ur choice is 2 avenge dem...
Wat wld u do 2 Any1 who stood btw u n ur vengeance...
Like Jon stood in d way of Oli's...
D enemy of enemy is my friend...
Likewise, the friend of my enemy is enemy...

#FVCKOFF JON SNOW

CALL ME JON-HATER..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Its a good book is all.

Can you give me a link to download the book or post it here?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ignatio(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2016
Poor Rickon. May the tree god help him.

Ser Arthur Dayne is bad ass. Ned would have died a long time ago.

Jon Snow...is getting darker.

Something tells me Arya will assassinate Jon.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 6:24pm On May 09, 2016
[quote author=Vorpal post=45464611
@all why is no one talking about how Ser Arthur Dayne was killed? Leaves much to be questioned about Ned Stark's much vaunted reputation of honor [/quote]
C'mon dnt be silly.. Wat shld Ned av done kill Reed 4 stabbing an opponent in the back?.. Or no mayb chastise him...
Wat wld Dat av achieved? I ask u...
C'mon u want any of dt BS u can subscribe 2 spartacus n d likes...
Dis is war for christ sakes....

#JON-HATER
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2016
Ignatio:
Poor Rickon. May the tree god help him.
Ser Arthur Dayne is bad ass. Ned would have died a long time ago.
Jon Snow...is getting darker.
Something tells me Arya will assassinate Jon.
Why?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:40pm On May 09, 2016
Vorpal:

That was Ser Arthur Dayne, best swordsman at the time of the Mad Kings rule and has ever been if I may say so.
Even though his scene was short, the actor they got for that role played it so well.

@all why is no one talking about how Ser Arthur Dayne was killed? Leaves much to be questioned about Ned Stark's much vaunted reputation of honor.

Some how I feel the era of Targeyan Kings particularly when Aegon the third fathered a lot of bastards and legalized to the point where Aerys the mad kings reign ended was the most intriguing part of the history of Westeros till date.
You are right, the actor totally killed it. I loved the way he portrayed loyalty to his Lord Rheagar buy staying at the tower of joy, mixed with just a hint of cockiness when he said 'and it begins'
Won't question Ned's honour though. All hr could think of was how to save his sister. Honour can go f**k himself
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Not true. They both think of each other fondly.
You say?...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2016
When Jon said 'my watch has ended and left castle black, I was like, 'Sh*t! He Is a deserter. The penalty is death. Then I remembered, He died. His watch had really ended.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 7:34pm On May 09, 2016
Endy10:
When Jon said 'my watch has ended and left castle black, I was like, 'Sh*t! He Is a deserter. The penalty is death. Then I remembered, He died. His watch had really ended.
Lol good one. I thought the first half of your statement, but the second half puts me at ease.

Mel saw him fighting in Winterfell. I think Jon is going home.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 09, 2016
So how is it the three eyed raven has both eyes?
According to the books, that should be Bryden Rivers, one of the Targaryen bastards.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 7:45pm On May 09, 2016
ok all in all it was a great episode, with jon deserting the night's watch I dont think we'll be seeing a reunion of the stark kids any time soon....something is officially wrong with the stark family, just when sansa espaces raamsay bolton, rickon immediately takes her place...I mean why keep the rickon character out for 2 seasons only to have him back in such an awful condition, I smell something fishy maybe the whole rickon/shaggydog thing was a setup by the umber lord( I really hope so). I cant watch another ramsey bolton torture.....cercy seems to have had it all figured out but with no backing from the council and the king acting as the kid he is, I really hope she wins the city back.....tyrion is becoming such a bore he really needs a new drinking buddy
lastly, whats with the flashbacks? the three eyed raven should tell bran what he needs to know and lets have the war already.

PS. I cant wait to see little finger and what trick he has up his sleeves this time

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by YoungForever: 7:53pm On May 09, 2016
Poor little Olly
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2016
Drogon where art thou. Save thy mother from these hordes.
Frankly am tired of these dothrakis pushing 'a millionth of her name ' around. grin

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2016
Bilany:
Everyone else gets raped, slaughtered, exiled, enslaved, but this smirking ass gets to be Warden of the North
How long will he last without the guidance of his equally cruel but dramatically more intelligent father? Ramsay's rise will be his downfall.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2016
How come nobody is talking about the part where the Maester was dissing the mountain, Ser Gregor. The look on his face when Ser Gregor walked in, coupled with that Fart was priceless grin

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2016
Vorpal:
According to the books, that should be Bryden Rivers, one of the Targaryen bastards.

Yeah, i dont think they're the same anymore, plus this guy mentions being a thousand year old. Euron doesn't have his eyepatch as well.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2016
Those targaryan knight are...damn! Ser Arthur Dayne Is the true definition of a knight. The way he fought with the two swords was magical. Wish there were more scenes of him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2016
Endy10:
How come nobody is talking about the part where the Maester was dissing the mountain, Ser Gregor. The look on his face when Ser Gregor walked in, coupled with that Fart was priceless grin

What's to talk about ?!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2016
Akanniade:
Drogon where art thou. Save thy mother from these hordes.
Frankly am tired of these dothrakis pushing 'a millionth of her name ' around. grin

They're saving him for another one o' those cliche hollywood saves.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:33pm On May 09, 2016
luxanne:

I also enjoyed the convo between the three-eyed raven and bran stark.

Lord umber and Ramsay as well.

But am yet to understand why bran needs to go back into a past, one he wasn't part of, what's the motive? And isn't it about time he flies or that speech wasn't meant to be taken literally? I just hate to see him crippled.

Arya stark! I also can't wait to watch her play out, gonna be an interesting one

And Daenerys among the Dosh khaleen was like cercei right there or maybe they've àlways been that way, alike - strong and assertive until they get broken down.

If only olly had said something, with that look, dude was still bull beaded as ever, Jon loved him.

The three eyed raven told Bran he needs to know everything. Probably reference to Jon Snow's progenitors.

Yes Arya needs her first assassin mission.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

They're saving him for another one o' those cliche hollywood saves.
Yes, CGI doesnt come cheap. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2016
JhyMedex:
MY RANT

Jon is a fvckin coward....
Wen given d opportunity 2 avenge his Beloved siblings by King Stannis he waddled off like a half wit talking shit abt honour...

Imagine d psycho trauma dt kid must av gone thru seeing all d pple he Eva loved or cared
butchered by some barbarians.. His Mum n Dad
Nw put ursef in Oli's shoes, given d chance 2 avenge ur loved ones. Wat wld u do?..

N if ur choice is 2 avenge dem...
Wat wld u do 2 Any1 who stood btw u n ur vengeance...
Like Jon stood in d way of Oli's...
D enemy of enemy is my friend...
Likewise, the friend of my enemy is enemy...

#FVCKOFF JON SNOW

CALL ME JON-HATER..
Jon snow hatercheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Migines(m): 10:13pm On May 09, 2016
Endy10:

Lmao... Heard the Fart but I swore it was in my head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ignatio(m): 11:17pm On May 09, 2016
oyetpel:
Why?
Just a feeling .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 11:38pm On May 09, 2016
Now it is known!!! lyanna had a baby and it is snow!!!
didn't anybody hear baby cries at that scene with ser Arthur?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 11:55pm On May 09, 2016
losprince:
Now it is known!!! lyanna had a baby and it is snow!!!
didn't anybody hear baby cries at that scene with ser Arthur?
No. I didn't. Did you?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 12:12am On May 10, 2016
Gbola5:

What's to talk about ?!
I guess u don't appreciate humour then
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LannisterIMP: 1:43am On May 10, 2016
Vivly:

Tell them. All these Jon! Jon! wouldn't have been if Ned had just told his drunk friend 'no thanks'.

Then what will lead to the Uprising against the MadKing.... What will activate the chain of event that happen to the stark kids bastard and the ward(theon) every action has an opposite reaction.

Even the Unrest presently in westeros. And this Beautiful Drama called Game Of Thrones.

So Ned Stark saying "YES" to the Drunk fool( Robert Baratheon) brought about a lot of things even his death too.

Chikena.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 7:55am On May 10, 2016
Vorpal:
Has it occurred to you that the third eye isn't physical? You're looking at a man who can time travel undecided
Brandon Stark will fly but it will not be a physical flight either.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.