Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095045 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2016
Now that Shaggydog is dead, will GOT stop killing off our direwolves?? angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:29pm On May 09, 2016
adexsimply:
I don't agree. Meera is 18 while Jon is 21

Huh, actually they're both supposed to be 16. But i dont agree either.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by akanniade10(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2016
See them see them! Awon spoilers!!! Thank God I watched before entering here cheesy. Lovely episode tho
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 12:32pm On May 09, 2016
adexsimply:
I don't agree. Meera is 18 while Jon is 21
In the novel, Meera Reed and Jon Snow were born in the same year. In 283 AC.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 12:46pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Huh, actually they're both supposed to be 16. But i dont agree either.
oyetpel:

In the novel, Meera Reed and Jon Snow were born in the same year. In 283 AC.
then wikia is wrong

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 12:46pm On May 09, 2016
Wow the last two episodes have been kind of boring...hope I get impressed now that Jon is back.

Oh and guys, can we curb our enthusiasm, and not post spoilers until 24 hrs after the episode. Give others time to catch up jeez.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 2:22pm On May 09, 2016
Who else liked the fact that the daring Red Witch had to say 'please' at the end of her incantations to bring Snow back...that woman sure led some great men to their end. Pretty boi Snow is back!! So Tormund's qualification of a god is a 'big perker'...doesn't that thing shrink when one dies? grin
I'm afraid Reekon will get the Theon treatment, poor boy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:50pm On May 09, 2016
Eventually Jon snow wld av 2 match on winterfell wit an army of wildlings Jst like Stannis wanted all along...

D horror he wld av spared Sansa n many odas had he done it earlier.. angry..
I loved Stannis 2 bits...
Fck off Jon snow

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bilany(f): 3:31pm On May 09, 2016
Ramsay Bolton has got to be the luckiest jerk in all of Westeros.
I hate this guy, and not just because he feeds babies to dogs (I mean, that’s a good reason, too)—he’s the luckiest jerk in Westeros. Him. Everyone else gets raped, slaughtered, exiled, enslaved, but this smirking ass gets to be Warden of the North

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tr3y(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2016
JhyMedex:
Eventually Jon snow wld av 2 match on winterfell wit an army of wildlings Jst like Stannis wanted all along...

D horror he wld av spared Sansa n many odas had he done it earlier.. angry..
I loved Stannis 2 bits...
Fck off Jon snow

Bros its just a book ooo
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 4:07pm On May 09, 2016
LITTLEFINGER is yet to feature in this new season.....oh hw I miss his crafty ways.....my 2nd best character after Tyrion lannister obviously

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by akanniade10(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2016
GROOOVE:
LITTLEFINGER is yet to feature in this new season.....oh hw I miss his crafty ways.....my 2nd best character after Tyrion lannister obviously

He will be shown in the next episode. Saw him in the trailer for episode 4 "Book of the Stranger"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2016
Bilany:
Ramsay Bolton has got to be the luckiest jerk in all of Westeros.
I hate this guy, and not just because he feeds babies to dogs (I mean, that’s a good reason, too)—he’s the luckiest jerk in Westeros. Him. Everyone else gets raped, slaughtered, exiled, enslaved, but this smirking ass gets to be Warden of the North
I hate that guy, every scene he's involved in bore the heck outta me....you gotta give him credit tho, worked his way up from been ramsey snow to lord bolton

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 4:14pm On May 09, 2016
akanniade10:

He will be shown in the next episode. Saw it in the trailer for episode 4 "Book of the Stranger"
Exciting, I cant wait.... I feel like his own scripts are better written than the others...such a shady guy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bilany(f): 4:32pm On May 09, 2016
GROOOVE:

I hate that guy, every scene he's involved in bore the heck outta me....you gotta give him credit tho, worked his way up from been ramsey snow to lord bolton

*sigh* Anyway lets pray for poor Rickon. I’m holding out hope that the Umbers are doing something sneaky (and that was maybe not a Shaggydog head), but not much. Nothing goes wrong for the bad guys on GOT unless it’s in such a way that it somehow makes things worse for the more likable characters
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2016
Bilany:

*sigh* Anyway lets pray for poor Rickon. I’m holding out hope that the Umbers are doing something sneaky (and that was maybe not a Shaggydog head), but not much. Nothing goes wrong for the bad guys on GOT unless it’s in such a way that it somehow makes things worse for the more likable characters

except for those 4 traitors jon snow hanged, for a minute I didnt think he was going to pull it off...lol after that scene I stood up and screamed 'take that s*ckers'....my quote for this episode would be b4 young nerd stark's fight scene "I wish you good fortune in the wars to come....and now it begins" that guy was like badass

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:52pm On May 09, 2016
Jon : I tot I knew hw to lead.... Bt I failed Davos : then go fail again
Best quote of d episode!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 4:55pm On May 09, 2016
Akanniade:
A wise man once said the true history of the world is the history of great conversations in elegant rooms.

Who said this?

Me.

Just now.

adexsimply:
They think you're some kind of god. a man who returned from the dead
I'm not a god
I know that. I saw your pecker. What kind of god will have a pecker that small?

I also enjoyed the convo between the three-eyed raven and bran stark.

Lord umber and Ramsay as well.

But am yet to understand why bran needs to go back into a past, one he wasn't part of, what's the motive? And isn't it about time he flies or that speech wasn't meant to be taken literally? I just hate to see him crippled.

Arya stark! I also can't wait to watch her play out, gonna be an interesting one

And Daenerys among the Dosh khaleen was like cercei right there or maybe they've àlways been that way, alike - strong and assertive until they get broken down.

If only olly had said something, with that look, dude was still bull beaded as ever, Jon loved him.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 5:08pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Yeah, all they have is memories, which is kinda sweet.
Sansa, like their mother never liked Jon.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 09, 2016
GROOOVE:

except for those 4 traitors jon snow hanged, for a minute I didnt think he was going to pull it off...lol after that scene I stood up and screamed 'take that s*ckers'....my quote for this episode would be b4 young nerd stark's fight scene "I wish you good fortune in the wars to come....and now it begins" that guy was like badass

That was Ser Arthur Dayne, best swordsman at the time of the Mad Kings rule and has ever been if I may say so.
Even though his scene was short, the actor they got for that role played it so well.

@all why is no one talking about how Ser Arthur Dayne was killed? Leaves much to be questioned about Ned Stark's much vaunted reputation of honor.

Some how I feel the era of Targeyan Kings particularly when Aegon the third fathered a lot of bastards and legalized to the point where Aerys the mad kings reign ended was the most intriguing part of the history of Westeros till date.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by akanniade10(m): 5:18pm On May 09, 2016
Okay since errbody is dropping quotes, lemme also drop a few cheesy

Modified:

Tormund Giantsbane: They think you're some kind of god. The man that return from the dead.
Jon Snow: I'm not a god.
Tormund Giantsbane: I know that. I saw your pecker. What kind of god has a pecker that small?

Eddison Tollett: [Jon hands over his black cloak] What do you want me to do with this?
Jon Snow: Wear it. Burn it. Whatever you want. You have Castle Black.
[as he walks aways]
Jon Snow: My watch is ended.

Eddison Tollett: Your eyes are still brown. Is that still you in there?
Jon Snow: I think so. Hold off on burning my body for now.
Eddison Tollett: That's funny. You sure that's still you in there?

Tyrion Lannister: A wise man once said a true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms.
Missandei: Who said this?
Tyrion Lannister: Me, just now.

Davos Seaworth: You clean up as much of the shiit as you can.
Jon Snow: I don't know how to do that. I thought I did, but... I failed.
Davos Seaworth: Good. Now go fail again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:21pm On May 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Sansa, like their mother never liked Jon.

Not true. They both think of each other fondly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2016
Vorpal:

@all why is no one talking about how Ser Arthur Dayne was killed? Leaves much to be questioned about Ned Stark's much vaunted reputation of honor.

Most honorable man in westeros?
Nah - let's make him a fucking liar for NO
GOOD F*CKING REASON.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 5:30pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Not true. They both think of each other fondly.
where did you get this?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:31pm On May 09, 2016
Vorpal:

Some how I feel the era of Targeyan Kings particularly when Aegon the third fathered a lot of bastards and legalized to the point where Aerys the mad kings reign ended was the most intriguing part of the history of Westeros till date.

Have you read Dunk and Egg ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Most honorable man in westeros?
Nah - let's make him a fucking liar for NO
GOOD F*CKING REASON.
Are you saying the show runners made that scene up?
Was it started how exactly he died in the books?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
Gbola5:

Have you read Dunk and Egg ?
No, I have not.
Why?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lordkratos: 5:37pm On May 09, 2016
....................valar morghulis...........
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
Is it just me or does anyone also feel the Umber Lord did a more convincing northern accent.
".....have been killing them wildlings all me life" LoL

Plus that dialogue really put into perspective the reverence the other houses in the north have for the Stark's as opposed to any other Warden of the north or not.

I don't imagine Lord Umber talking to Robb or Ned in such manner, not even the Bastard of Winterfell.

Btw, how come no one has heard Robb naming Jon his successor? Hence he is no longer an illegitimate.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:44pm On May 09, 2016
Vorpal:

Are you saying the show runners made that scene up?
Was it started how exactly he died in the books?

D& D were thinking they put
some more depth into Ned's character (being
not so honorable as it seems...) if they make
it appear he lied to Bran about the ToJ.
Perhaps they forgot the "he would have killed
me save for Howland Reed" part. The scene
itself wasn't so bad.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:46pm On May 09, 2016
Vorpal:
No, I have not. Why?
Its a good book is all.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by landinfo: 5:54pm On May 09, 2016
It just dawned on me after reading a foreign article that JonSnow is the rightful aire to the Iron throne BUT he is still a Bastard since his mother waz never married to Rheagar...

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.