Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,557 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:16 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1133189 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ades0la(f): 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
Can't wait grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Facxie(m): 2:22am On Mar 20, 2017
Winter is coming
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
Facxie:
Winter is coming
Too late!
The white raven has long arrived at the red keep from the citadel
Winter is already here!

July can't come soon enough!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by donbene4(m): 11:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Guys who do y'all think will think on the iron throne at the End??..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Theflash98: 11:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
donbene4:
Jon snow or littlefinger
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
Who is hiding a post?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
Theflash98:
Jon snow or littlefinger

Definitely not littlefinger!

Forces and events outside westeros are beyond his reach to influence and stage, and those forces are important
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
BraniacX:

Definitely not littlefinger!

Forces and events outside westeros are beyond his reach to influence and stage, and those forces are important
It's GoT baba. Did anyone ever presume to foretell Jon's current renown and importance? Or that the little ones who didn't outrightly count at the beginning would end up teaching the morals of survivance?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Isomerizm:
It's GoT baba. Did anyone ever presume to foretell Jon's current renown and importance? Or that the little ones who didn't outrightly count at the beginning would end up teaching the morals of survivance?

Jon's renown and importance ends at moat caitlin! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here! He's a regional player for now, not yet national, baelish is more national than him in fact and none of both are international! I didn't say jon didn't belong to those with potential to sit on the iron throne yet because despite his many shortcomings and against simple logic, it would seem he perfectly fits the role of the major protagonist GRRM can't just eliminate! The major protagonist who embodies "the song of ice and fire"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
BraniacX:

Jon's renown and importance ends at moat caitlin! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here! He's a regional player for now, not yet national, baelish is more national than him in fact and none of both are international! I didn't say jon didn't belong to those with potential to sit on the iron throne yet because despite his many shortcomings and against simple logic, it would seem he perfectly fits the role of the major protagonist GRRM can't just eliminate! The major protagonist who embodies "the song of ice and fire"
The song could be a dirge. A short lived one at that. Watch GoT with a spice of salt, and you'll have no trouble dealing with watching Dany get lunched on by her very own dragons in the second episode of the coming season.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
Isomerizm:
The song could be a dirge. A short lived one at that. Watch GoT with a spice of salt, and you'll have no trouble dealing with watching Dany get lunched on by her very own dragons in the second episode of the coming season.

If this happened to Dany, I'd die a happy man. Like seriously.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 1:46am On Mar 22, 2017
Theflash98:
Jon snow or littlefinger
with this wave of feminism Sweeping the whole world am going with Dany to replace Cersei on the throne,Jon go be consort,first man of the seven kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Theflash98: 2:22am On Mar 22, 2017
SIRcumalot:

with this wave of feminism Sweeping the whole world am going with Dany to replace Cersei on the throne,Jon go be consort,first man of the seven kingdoms.
Lolz..1st man?...do you think she will marry Jon snow?

And I think the director or the writer will go for unpredictable ending..I won't be surprised seeing sansa or arya on the throne
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Isomerizm:

The song definitely is a dirge! But it also is a story, a story about a specific period, a specific challenge and a specific solution! A solution which jon best embodies, (for now anyway) cheesy

That doesn't make him untouchable, it makes him a protagonist around which a very plausible future of the whole tale hinges on, so my guess is challenges will surmount against him, and he will always keep on barely surviving! And maybe he'll stop the whitewalkers, but at that moment when we're celebrating him and his victory, an unlikely arrow will pierce his skull grin (never a too happy ending with GRRM) wink

And on danny getting snacked up, i will rather have her in my bed cool that's some royal booty fit for a king dawg so yo! Drogon, rhaegon and viseryon! Be good boys and girls and bring er to me, got y'all some juicy dragon treats!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
waywardpikin:

If this happened to Dany, I'd die a happy man. Like seriously.

Hater! undecided

She's "dem boiz" (vaseline crews) favourite actress, esp when she bathes in fire grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
SIRcumalot:

If lyana did marry rhaegar secretely and varys confirms it, then jons claim will be stronger than hers and i think she will concede the throne willingly to a true blood tagaryean male rather than keeping it for herself as apparently she is barren, she will choose to be his queen! Then choose a consort/second queen for him to continue the tagaryean lineage with, my pick would be sansa stark!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
BraniacX:

If lyana did marry rhaegar secretely and varys confirms it, then jons claim will be stronger than hers and i think she will concede the throne willingly to a true blood tagaryean male rather than keeping it for herself as apparently she is barren, she will choose to be his queen! Then choose a consort/second queen for him to continue the tagaryean lineage with, my pick would be sansa stark!
Sansa marrying Jon is more incestuous to Me than Jon marrying his aunty.
Why would varys have information about the wedding by the way ?

I was just breaking balls,what I think is a form of marriage alliance to fight the zombie horde after which the show ends.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
Theflash98:
Lolz..1st man?...do you think she will marry Jon snow?

And I think the director or the writer will go for unpredictable ending..I won't be surprised seeing sansa or arya on the throne
I would like to see something more unpredictable like that,makes the story a whole lot better
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Sansa marrying Jon is more incestuous to Me than Jon marrying his aunty.
Why would varys have information about the wedding by the way ?

I was just breaking balls,what I think is a form of marriage alliance to fight the zombie horde after which the show ends.

Jon might view sansa as a beloved sister, but they are actually cousins and in westeros, cousins can marry, (tywin lannister married his cousin)
Varys would have information because that is his job as master of whispers, and rhaegars father had him keeping tabs on rhaeghar
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Theflash98: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
I think Jon snow and daenerys will meet in season 7 and develop feeling for each other before knowing they are related...And I think daenerys will die in the war against white walkers and I think that will be what will motivate Jon snow to destroy the white walkers...And Jon will be crowned.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
BraniacX:

Jon might view sansa as a beloved sister, but they are actually cousins and in westeros, cousins can marry, (tywin lannister married his cousin)
Varys would have information because that is his job as master of whispers, and rhaegars father had him keeping tabs on rhaeghar
blood isn't the issue.
and not cousins that have been raised to be siblings all their lives.
dany will have to find another broodmare.
I doubt Varys knows about Jon's lineage we go see Sha.who knows how far those birds fly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
SIRcumalot:

blood isn't the issue.
and not cousins that have been raised to be siblings all their lives.
dany will have to find another broodmare.
I doubt Varys knows about Jon's lineage we go see Sha.who knows how far those birds fly.

Siblings yes, but never close till now, why shouldn't danny want sansa as a broodmare? She is the most eligible and most acceptable unmarried lady of high nobility asides daenerys and that martel princess! She would be the most acceptable in the seven kingdoms (IMO) varys will know about jons parents status as per the legality of their union, but not about the product of the union seeing as it was the best kept secret of rhaeghar, his three closest kingsguard friends, gerold hightower, Arthur dayne and one other and ned stark and howland reed at the Latter stages
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
BraniacX:

Siblings yes, but never close till now, why shouldn't danny want sansa as a broodmare? She is the most eligible and most acceptable unmarried lady of high nobility asides daenerys and that martel princess! She would be the most acceptable in the seven kingdoms (IMO) varys will know about jons parents status as per the legality of their union, but not about the product of the union seeing as it was the best kept secret of rhaeghar, his three closest kingsguard friends, gerold hightower, Arthur dayne and one other and ned stark and howland reed at the Latter stages
why don't we just go even younger(nobody wants Ramsey sloppy seconds) maybe Arya ? she is just has qualified if you feel a little uneasy it is the same thing with Sansa. cheesy.
sibling bond trumps general affection,
despite the coldness between them they seeked each other out in time of need.

TBH I would like to see your version happen,cringe worthy stuff is still good TV.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
SIRcumalot:

why don't we just go even younger(nobody wants Ramsey sloppy seconds) maybe Arya ? she is just has qualified if you feel a little uneasy it is the same thing with Sansa. cheesy.
sibling bond trumps general affection,
despite the coldness between them they seeked each other out in time of need.

TBH I would like to see your version happen,cringe worthy stuff is still good TV.

Ramsays left overs? undecided

Seriously?

Is that what you see when you look at sansa?

Sansa in the eyes of most westerosi noble outside and even inside the north is the legitimate heiress of house stark however you choose to view it!

And arya is every bit as qualified as sansa, except in grace and charms but the sibling affection between arya and jon is very real (the innocent childhood type) as compared to the adult (responsibility tinted) type between jon and sansa

TBH I would rather see jon wed arya, their progeny will be as hard and unyielding as a stark with a whiff of targayrean madness/genius
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
BraniacX:

Until Ned Stark's arrival at the Tower of Joy, ONLY the 3 kingsguards with Rhaegar knew of Jon Snow's parentage, and they never lived to tell anyone. If Varys had known, he would have done a lot more than just watch Ned Stark gallivant off to Winterfell and raise the heir to the Iron Throne as a bast@rd for the next 17 years. Compare with how he kept tabs on Viserys and Daenerys across the Narrow Sea (and even actively nurtured "Young Griff" through Connington in the books).

The thing is, the master of whispers doesn't know everything. For instance, here are 3 past things he didn't know until they were no longer secrets: Daenerys Targaryen hatched 3 dragons, Tywin Lannister's Red Wedding scheme, and Sansa's whereabouts after she disappeared from Kings Landing. And here are a few more things he still doesn't know up till now: the white walkers are real, a true-born male Stark still lives, the whereabouts of Arya Stark, Jaime Lannister re-learning to fight with his left hand, Stannis Baratheon killed his brother...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
BraniacX:

Ramsays left overs? undecided

Seriously?

Is that what you see when you look at sansa?

Sansa in the eyes of most westerosi noble outside and even inside the north is the legitimate heiress of house stark however you choose to view it!

And arya is every bit as qualified as sansa, except in grace and charms but the sibling affection between arya and jon is very real (the innocent childhood type) as compared to the adult (responsibility tinted) type between jon and sansa

TBH I would rather see jon wed arya, their progeny will be as hard and unyielding as a stark with a whiff of targayrean madness/genius
I was trying to gross you out mehn, clearly not working,if Jon wedding arya is even more appealing to you.
since we're only considering this women strictly for child bearing their grace and charm doesn't factor only their names matter.
if it is too happen the way you said,has to be a stark cousin or some other big name girl can't be the stark sisters. too weird,am looking at this from Jon POV.good for me though.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
@BraniacX
Ok i just re-read and realized you were refering only to the wedding (not the product of the wedding). But i still doubt Varys knew.

In Westeros, a wedding is not binding until it is consumated in a bedding (which was why Tywin was insisting that Tyrion get Sansa pregnant). Now if Varys knew of R+L wedding, he would have made great efforts to verify if it was consumated - just one inconspicuous spy snuck into Dorne during those late months to keep an eye on the Tower of Joy. But it doesn't look like Varys did any such thing... which infers to me that he knew nothing of the wedding.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
kay9:

Until Ned Stark's arrival at the Tower of Joy, ONLY the 3 kingsguards with Rhaegar knew of Jon Snow's parentage, and they never lived to tell anyone. If Varys had known, he would have done a lot more than just watch Ned Stark gallivant off to Winterfell and raise the heir to the Iron Throne as a bast@rd for the next 17 years. Compare with how he kept tabs on Viserys and Daenerys across the Narrow Sea (and even actively nurtured "Young Griff" through Connington in the books).

The thing is, the master of whispers doesn't know everything. For instance, here are 3 past things he didn't know until they were no longer secrets: Daenerys Targaryen hatched 3 dragons, Tywin Lannister's Red Wedding scheme, and Sansa's whereabouts after she disappeared from Kings Landing. And here are a few more things he still doesn't know up till now: the white walkers are real, the Stark boys were still alive (at least, until the Bast@rd Bowl), the whereabouts of Arya Stark, Jaime Lannister re-learning to fight with his left hand, Stannis Baratheon killed his brother...

True, he doesn't know everything

But something he would know is the legal status of rhaeghars dalliance with lyanna stark!

And if/when he learns that there was a product of this dalliance, his reaction will tell us about what he knows about the legality of this dalliance.

Plus there are many other things he knew but chose not to tell, because he, is almost as loyal to house targayrean as he claims to be to the common westerosi
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
kay9:
@BraniacX
Ok i just re-read and realized you were refering only to the wedding (not the product of the wedding). But i still doubt Varys knew.

In Westeros, a wedding is not binding until it is consumated in a bedding (which was why Tywin was insisting that Tyrion get Sansa pregnant). Now if Varys knew of R+L wedding, he would have made great efforts to verify if it was consumated - just one inconspicuous spy snuck into Dorne during those late months to keep an eye on the Tower of Joy. But it doesn't look like Varys did any such thing... which infers to me that he knew nothing of the wedding.

Rhaegar was already married and he wasn't a rash individual as robert baratheon portrayed him to be, his decision to stage the tournament through the whents and meet, woo and possibly stage a kidnap of lyanna was calculated and premeditated as a means to an end and not out of love of lyanna or spite of houses stark and baratheon but out of duty to westeros (from his own point of view) and all these came after he read a book that changed him profoundly! He might have fallen in love with lyanna later but he did what he needed to do because of the foreboding cataclysm the book would have implied only a union of the bloodlines of ice and fire could possibly prevent.
Before this, he was as opposed to and at loggerheads with his father over his apparent madness as were most westerosi.
It strikes me that such a meticulous planner as rhaegar would not leave the fate of any potential offspring of his dalliance with lyanna to the fate of bastardy, it could have been done very quietly the old way before a heart tree with the fewest of witnesses seeing as there was a need for secrecy and that lyanna worshiped the old gods. It doesn't strike me that lyanna who apparently went willingly with rhaegar (I might be wrong about this) will willingly surrender her maidenhead even to the prince of the seven kingdoms as she was a stark of house stark which is many ways is the oldest and longest lasting noble house of westeros!
These are my postulations, now the question is, if i am right, apart from the three kingsguards, was there any other witness? Or any other person with the knowledge of what really happend between lyanna and rhaegar?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by zinachidi(m): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
and nobody is considering Gendry, robert baratheon's bastard as a candidate for the iron throne? Somehow d producers are still keeping him in d loop, he keeps on making appearances in some episodes,.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gudvibz(f): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
donbene4:

I hink jon snow would cos from what i've seen so far he is d son of the mad king

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.