Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092246 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HyDef(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
oyetpel:

Apart from Oberyn Martell's agility and type of weapon used to fight Gregor Clegane, i think he also laced the pointed head of his spear with poison.

The poison caused the mountain to slow down.

Prince Oberyn is called the Red Viper for a reason.

You are correct.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lana1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
shocked
Was literally feeling the pain watching this part. Torture!!

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lana1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
My new fav character. She has more balls than every man on the show grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lana1:
Ramsay really did a number on Theon. That nigga now a coward!!
Euron on the other hand na mad man. Nobody saw that attack coming. They never experedit!!!

What did you want him to do fight and die? Euron already had Yara, any wrong move by Theon he would have slit her throat. He had two options fight and definitely condemn Yara to death with himself dieing as well or being captured. OR living to fight another day.

There was nothing he could do, all his men were dead. If na you which choice you for make abeg cut the guy some slack ni.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackbriar: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lana1:
My new fav character. She has more balls than every man on the show grin grin
Would she by my galfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzrMYLsZq4
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lana1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sultan5:

What did you want him to do fight and die? Euron already had Yara, any wrong move by Theon he would have slit her throat. He had two options fight and definitely condemn Yara to death with himself dieing as well or being captured. Or living to fight another day.

There was nothing he could do, all his men were dead. If na you which choice you for make abeg cut the guy some slack ni.
Lmao! Which mumu slack?? Slack my left yansh!!

If a mad man had a gun to ur sister's head, will u stand and fight, surrender and try to negotiate for her life, or drop everything and run away?? Ur sister o, ur own flesh and blood, same father same mother?? Especially when said sister gave u a 2nd chance when no one else was willing!

Even if Theon comes back with an army to set his sister free, the fact ll remain unchanged. He ran away or in this case jumped overboard......coward!!!

NB: This look didnt give the impression of someone running away to fight another day. It was the look of someone running away to save himself. He was even trembling for fúck sake....
Yara even shed a tear seeing the coward her brother had become!!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lana1(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
blackbriar:

Would she by my galfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzrMYLsZq4
Hands off bro. I don already pay bride price grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
Eberex:
so now we know the gift Euron promised Cersie.

Yara is in for a deep shit with Cersie. Killing her daughter was the worst crime Yara can commit when Cersie is concerned. And her death woud be worse than our "shame! shame!! shame!!!" woman.

Do you mean Ellaria Sand, because Yara didn't kill Cersei's daughter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
oyetpel:

Do you mean Ellaria Sand, because Yara didn't kill Cersei's daughter.

I beg your pardon. Yes. Ellaria Sand. She would make a more better gift than YARA
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Shakiratemma(f): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
Coward Coward Coward Theon cry cry cry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
oyetpel:

Hope the guy asking reads your explanation, cos you nailed it.
Mucha Gracia's Amigo... d guy na wayward pikin.. him fit no read am...grin...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
waywardpikin:

Got it.
Yes Boss �

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lana1:
Lmao! Which mumu slack?? Slack my left yansh!!

If a mad man had a gun to ur sister's head, will u stand and fight, surrender and try to negotiate for her life, or drop everything and run away?? Ur sister o, ur own flesh and blood, same father same mother?? Especially when said sister gave u a 2nd chance when no one else was willing!

Even if Theon comes back with an army to set his sister free, the fact ll remain unchanged. He ran away or in this case jumped overboard......coward!!!

NB: This look didnt give the impression of someone running away to fight another day. It was the look of someone running away to save himself. He was even trembling for fúck sake....
Yara even shed a tear seeing the coward her brother had become!!
LMAO..
i can only imagine the hate u av for dt guy nw..
ur comment was flowing wit so much vitriol I was almost scared I'll drown In it....grin..
Seems u dnt rily understand dis Euron xter..
d guy's viciousness is almost Unnatural n unmatched...
Negotiating 4 his Sis release will jst end wit d capture n maybe death of both of em...
i agree he Reeked out..
Bt I can assure u he'd discover his self respect n bravery like he did after Ramsay tortured him 4 ages..

Who knows he myt b d Moriarty of Euron..

so again cut him some slack bruh!!!!grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2017

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
The resemblance between Theon and Euron is uncanny though. Great casting?

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
Arya and Nymeria's reunion was too brief.

After trying to get Nymeria to come with her to Winterfell, Arya watched her full-grown direwolf leave. She smiled sad and said, "That's not you."

Arya didn't mean that literally — she was referring to the fact that Nymeria wasn't some domestic pet that would follow Arya around anymore, in the same way that Arya wasn't following the rules a high-born girl should.

Back on the first season, Ned and Arya had a heart-to-heart about her future as a lady — and she rejected it, saying, "That's not me."

When Ned told Arya that Bran would grow up to be the lord of a castle, Arya asked if she could be a lord, too. "You will marry a high lord and rule his castle," Ned said. "And your sons shall be knights and princes and lords."

"No," Arya replied. "That's not me."

The showrunners explained how Arya's attitude on the first season was mirrored in Nymeria's seventh season appearance.

"Arya's not domesticated and it makes total sense that her wolf wouldn't be either,"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sansa fears Jon will meet the same fate as Rickard.

When Jon said he was going south to meet Daenerys Targaryen, Sansa vehemently opposed the plan.

"Have you forgotten what happened to our grandfather?" she said. "The Mad King invited him to King's Landing and roasted him alive."

In case you need a history refresher, Ned's father and brother were murdered by the Mad King Aerys (Daenerys' father) in a very brutal way.

Rickard Stark was the father of Ned, Lyanna, Benjen, and Brandon Stark. When Lyanna was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar Targaryen, Brandon went to King's Landing to demand answers. As soon as he arrived, the Mad King Aerys Targaryen imprisoned him and sent word to Rickard demanding he come south to answer for his son's "crimes."

When Rickard got to King's Landing, Aerys had him dressed in a suit of armor and suspended from the ceiling in the throne room. He had a noose tied around Brandon's neck and placed a sword just out of his reach, then ordered a fire lit underneath Rickard.

Rickard was burned while inside the suit of armor and Brandon strangled himself in the effort to reach the sword and save his father.

We can't blame Sansa for having hangups when it comes to Stark rulers heeding the call of a Targaryen.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
When you save Jon Snow from a slaughter in hopes of marrying Sansa, but he won't allow it and chokes you instead.

Littlefinger:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Zooming and enhancing for you, and read the goodbye letter Jorah wrote to Daenerys.

Though a few words were unintelligible, the majority of Jorah's letter is visible:

Khaleesi,

I went to the Citadel in the last hope that the maesters could treat me as you ordered. Even with all [...] I am beyond any cure out the grave. I have had a longer life than I deserved and I only wish I could've lived to see the world you're going to build, standing by your side. I have loved you since the moment I met you. If there's [….]

Jorah

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
Yonce:

While Jon is away, I know Littlefinger will definitely finger the North. And Sansa embarassed
lol.. Wat kinda gal r u shagrin...
kept calling u bruh.. until u revealed u were a gal d oda day..
was so awestruck I had to read ur comments again...
U rily seem like an interesting Person ..

Can I treat u to a Glass of fine arbor Red?!!grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
During Daenerys' strategy sessions, the title "Queen of the Ashes" was used twice.

When the tactic of having Daenerys' dragons wreak havoc on King's Landing was suggested, Tyrion was quick to tell Dany that the last thing she wanted was to burn the whole city to the ground.

This was a callback to Varys' warning to Olenna about Littlefinger.

Varys (Conleth Hill) knew how dangerous Littlefinger can be.

On season three, episode four, Varys and Olenna had a secretive conversation about where their loyalties lie. Varys warned Olenna not to trust Littlefinger.

"He would see this country burn if he could be King of the Ashes," Varys said.

Clearly everyone is steering Daenerys as far away from the other game-players as possible, including the "chaos is a ladder" archetype of Littlefinger

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
simi4me:

you seem not to understand my point do you? dany was more interested in Jon coming over to worship her as queen instead of discussing the prophecy. that is what is paining me. I had high respect for her until that moment. I guess she is a little bit like her father the mad king.
which prophecy?
the type that got Stannis killed abi?
if she is wise, she won't let such frivolities distract her from the game of thrones
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seems the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree...

1. Like father...

2. Like son... (The passion on Jon's face though. The hatred is real) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Where The Wall Meets The Sea

Last week, we got a glimpse of the Night King and his ever-expanding army of the dead, thanks to Bran's super convenient visions. But this particular vision has been the source of much debate. For instance, is that wight giant really Wun Wun? And where exactly is the army supposed to be? Some assume that they're North of the Wall, walking southward; others speculate that it looked like green grass turning to frost beneath the Night King's storm; and some fans suggested that it didn't look like solid ground at all, but frozen water beneath the army's wintry feet. Now, one extra watchful redditor, RohitMSasi, spotted something in the opening credits that might settle that debate once and for all.

The Wall runs across the stretch of land between the Far North and the regular North. Back in Season 1, the Wall was stopped by water on both sides. Now, Winter has come, and you can already see that the sea is freezing over on the sides of the Wall. Forget about needing to tear the Wall down — the Night King and his army can simply go around it. This is exactly what the Hound predicted would happen in his fiery vision from the last episode:

"Ice, a wall of ice. The Wall... It's where the Wall meets the sea. There's a castle there... There's a mountain, looks like an arrowhead. The dead are marching past, thousands of them."

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
grin grin grin

Pardon me, but I've been sent here to deplete y'all's MB

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
Eberex:
Where The Wall Meets The Sea

Last week, we got a glimpse of the Night King and his ever-expanding army of the dead, thanks to Bran's super convenient visions. But this particular vision has been the source of much debate. For instance, is that wight giant really Wun Wun? And where exactly is the army supposed to be? Some assume that they're North of the Wall, walking southward; others speculate that it looked like green grass turning to frost beneath the Night King's storm; and some fans suggested that it didn't look like solid ground at all, but frozen water beneath the army's wintry feet. Now, one extra watchful redditor, RohitMSasi, spotted something in the opening credits that might settle that debate once and for all.

The Wall runs across the stretch of land between the Far North and the regular North. Back in Season 1, the Wall was stopped by water on both sides. Now, Winter has come, and you can already see that the sea is freezing over on the sides of the Wall. Forget about needing to tear the Wall down — the Night King and his army can simply go around it. This is exactly what the Hound predicted would happen in his fiery vision from the last episode:

"Ice, a wall of ice. The Wall... It's where the Wall meets the sea. There's a castle there... There's a mountain, looks like an arrowhead. The dead are marching past, thousands of them."

Wow. Well written. You write so well. Did you write this yourself?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
GOTOlodo:

Wow. Well written. You write so well. Did you write this yourself?

I have a blog where i analyze SUPER ASS SEASONAL MOVIES LIKE GOT grin

like cracking some loop holes heheheheheheh
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
waywardpikin:
Seems the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree...

1. Like father...

2. Like son... (The passion on Jon's face though. The hatred is real) grin grin grin

Like uncle... like nephew.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
Eberex:

I have a blog where i analyze SUPER ASS SEASONAL MOVIES LIKE GOT grin

like cracking some loop holes heheheheheheh

So you wrote this yourself?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
GOTOlodo:

Like uncle... like nephew.

OLODO! angry angry angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
GOTOlodo:

So you wrote this yourself?

THUMBS UP TO THE WRITER

GOT IS THE BOMB, because you got to be able to link events. Shits are not happening by coincidence. You have to be able to add pieces together and probably end up finishing the story before they even air it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by encrypt(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seun:
Is he actually going to escape by simply swimming away, though? It seems unrealistic that they couldn't send a few swimmers (or a couple of arrows) after such an important target.
Its realistic enough..just like you said he very well isnt going to "swim away"
I bet eon would go like "he's probably rotting in the belly of a fish as we speak" if at all he comes up during his "trophy presentation to cercei..

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.