Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1093539 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
stsinner:

so you that wrote the series,why dont you explain how they went into the water to chain the dragon or just shut up?
You guys really want explanation for everything, so the series can get to Season 20. Like One entire season of flashback into the time of the MAD KING

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
Seun:
This thread is now open for the discussion of episode 6, which started here after it was leaked: https://www.nairaland.com/3991891/game-thrones-season-7-episode

Hopefully the finale won't be leaked because I am tired.

grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Seunpaul01:
I think the director made a big mistake by not updating us on what happen to the unsullied at casterly Rock. Two episodes now and no update on their story.

Those ones go starve to death for The Rock.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

I was surprised as well Bro! It's really unexplainable! The Writer is goddamn exhausted, he just wants the Show to End as soon as Possible.

I feel your pain, bro.

No, it is not that the "show writer" is exhausted; it is that the "show writer" (a.k.a David Beniof and D.B. Weiss) have run out of the source material (i.e. the A Song of Ice and Fire books - ASOIAF), and all they have now are the "highlights" of the remaining books which the original writer (George R.R. Martin, a.k.a GRRM) is YET to complete.

GRRM is a writer in a class by himself. Put simply, he is the JRR Tolkien of our times, and the ASOIAF books are his masterpiece. Seasons 1 - 5 of the show were based on the first 5 books; that is why they were so well crafted and excellently paced. But from season6, there were no more books! And unfortunately GRRM is such a slow writer! grin So all he gave the "show writers" were highlights of the 2 remaining books of series, leaving them to flesh out the story as they see fit.

And that is you are watching now in season 7... there are still some wonderful story points, but overall so poorly put together. To even make things worse, whatever excitement that could've been gotten from watching the show as it is has been squashed by all the spoilers that completely exposed the whole season before it even premiered. Go figure.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Leopantro: 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
After watching GOT what you need is

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
Game of thrones has broken so many records already. Even the writers/directors and cast members have won so much awards because of the show.

So many artistes that turned down the request to take on a character are now regretting their actions.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
Seunpaul01:
I think the director made a big mistake by not updating us on what happen to the unsullied at casterly Rock. Two episodes now and no update on their story.
They are working on budget. Season 7 was really rushed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
Much has been said about episode 6 alrady. What else is left to talk about.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stsinner: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
kay9:

No, it is not that the "show writer" is exhausted; it is that the "show writer" (a.k.a David Beniof and D.B. Weiss) have run out of the source material (i.e. the A Song of Ice and Fire books - ASOIAF), and all they have now are the "highlights" of the remaining books which the original writer (George R.R. Martin, a.k.a GRRM) is YET to complete.

GRRM is a writer in a class by himself. Put simply, he is the JRR Tolkien of our times, and the ASOIAF books are his masterpiece. Seasons 1 - 5 of the show were based on the first 5 books; that is why they were so well crafted and excellently paced. But from season6, there were no more books! And unfortunately GRRM is such a slow writer! grin So all he gave the "show writers" were highlights of the 2 remaining books of series, leaving them to flesh out the story as they see fit.

And that is you are watching now in season 7... there are still some wonderful story points, but overall so poorly put together. To even make things worse, whatever excitement that could've been gotten from watching the show as it is has been squashed by all the spoilers that completely exposed the whole season before it even premiered. Go figure.
yeah,you are right and I think the fans made them to rush this season 7.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sharex15: 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
snowstormm:
lolz....criticizing the show is the new swag....imagine watching a show where there dragon and white Walker,a woman who can change face,someone who can see the future,present and fast and they are still expecting everything to be realistic...if you want realistic film,go and watch Yoruba film where you will be seeing 2 days after, 5 months later and co.....some here criticizing are the ones whom their fav movie is matrix....someone here even they claim the show is becoming predictable after he went to YouTube to read the leaks,if you don't like the show,drop it..no one is forcing you instead of coming here to rant or you should go to Twitter or Instagram to tag the shows producers and rant to them
Abeg tell them. I don't understand how you will know what will happen if you didn't read the leaks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
stsinner:

yeah,you are right and I think the fans made them to rush this season 7.

Not fans, budget.
All those nice looking CGI dragons cost gazilions of dolapo to render, then factor in the true-to-life costumes, the exotic locations, the excellent production sets, those killer post credits music scores... Each episode of the series now cost almost as much as a good-sized Hollywood movie.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
snowstormm:

imagine watching a show where there dragon and white Walker,a woman who can change face,someone who can see the future,present and fast and they are still expecting everything to be realistic...if you want realistic film,go and watch Yoruba film where you will be seeing 2 days after, 5 months later and co.....

This is no excuse. Rules of the specific universe apply even in a fantasy universe.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Seunpaul01:
So that they will make a dramatic entrance when the plot needs them.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by waywardpikin: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
Seun:

So that they will make a dramatic entrance when the plot needs them.

Lol I smell sarcasm.

At this point it should just be over already. All these leaks and spoilers really spoilt it for me this year, especially these hacked episodes. I can only imagine the losses the producers will incur as a result of this.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
waywardpikin:

Lol I smell sarcasm.

At this point it should just be over already. All these leaks and spoilers really spoilt it for me this year, especially these hacked episodes. I can only imagine the losses the producers will incur as a result of this.
They would incur losses but at the same time, they will make profits. They still have enough viewers..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by borntosuccess(m): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
any body with a download link 4 all d epsiode should pls share,toxicwap is showing error
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ped007(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
borntosuccess:
any body with a download link 4 all d epsiode should pls share,toxicwap is showing error
enjoy:
http://o2tvseries.com/Game-of-Thrones-5
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ped007(m): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
now that the army of the dead have one dragon on their side....
I can't help but wonder what it will be "spiting"...
Still fire or
Perhaps ice... or
Maybe Water...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chysler(m): 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
At some point we will arrive at the end of Game of thrones, and probably many deaths will take place. That's when Brandon Stark, son of Eddard Stark, decides he'll travel back in time and try to stop the Night king, his army, and the events from taking place. I will write about his journey back in time after explaining how it's possible he can do this.

When the three-eyed raven says "You will never walk again, but you will fly" he means through time, and not only warging a dragon like many fans believe. There was a reason Jojen Reed (who also had the greensight and knew even more things about it than Bran) did not become the three-eyed raven himself. The reason is that Bran is even more powerful than both Jojen and the three-eyed raven (Brynden Rivers) in the way that he has both greensight and the ability to warg. With this combination Bran is even able to affect the past by warging into Wyllis, and eventually making him become Hodor, which proves "the ink is dry". He also gains his fathers attention outside the tower of joy, and even gets touched by the Night king in one of his greensights. Bran believes he is eventually (with more knowledge) going to be able to rewrite history and that's why he decides to go back and stop the Night king several times, but fails every time, ending up fulfilling the timeline-circle and taking the identity of the Night king himself.

The first time, he tries to prepare the Mad king for the white walkers and makes him (through the same whisper-method used to get Neds attention) prepare wildfire under King's landing, where the white walkers attacked (this attack is in the future for us viewers). But Bran fails, as the Mad king goes crazy from the whispers and instead tries to burn the city.

The second time, Bran goes even further back in time (as he continiously learn his abilites he is able do go longer and longer back in time) to try discover how the others were defeated the first time. He fail again and instead succeeds to become Bran the Builder, building the Wall and securing his birth by building Winterfell and creating the words "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell".

The last time, Bran goes back all the way to where the Night king was created, to warg into the human that later is going to become the Night king (or maybe even try to kill the children of the forest). He wargs into him to instead stop the "dragonglass into the heart"-event from happening (or maybe in his attempt to kill the children, he gets chosen as the vessle for the NK). Only he doesn't think of that the children of the forest won't recognize him from the future, and that they at that point are in war with the first men (he is gagged because of all the wierd future-talk). When he realized he failed again, he tries to go back in the current timeline, but can't because he's too deep into the past and stayed to long ("it is beautiful beneath the sea, stay to long and you drown"wink. From here Bran gets stuck in the past (exactly as Brynden and Jojen warned him not to) and becomes the Night king. With the combination of the childrens magic and Brans power, he becomes the villian instead of the hero he tried to be, resulting in turning against the children for creating him and getting stuck behind the magical Wall he later builds as Bran the builder.

Immortal as he is, he waits for himself to be born thousands of years later, knowing when and where he has to be to mark the young Bran, personally kill Brynden Rivers for hiding the truth about what would happen with him, and eventually being able to destroy the wall with a certain dragon. The reason the Night king doesn't end his misery by killing his younger self, is that he finally learnt the ink is dry, and he would fail again. The reason he doesn't kill Jon Snow, and instead observe him at Hardhome (maybe even resurrected him at Castle black?) will be covered in the end. Ending up marching south and once again fulfilling his timeline which we will see in the following two seasons.

You can actually see in the scene where young Bran goes back to the creation of the Night king, that when the children push the dragonglass into his heart, we see Bran tighten his grip on the veins, just as it is himself experiencing the pain. Also in the end of the flashback, Bran is laying in the exact same position in the cave, as the human pushed up to the tree is.

This theory also parts with Jon snow being the prince that was promised, who eventually has to kill his little brother Bran (Night king cannot kill Jon Snow at Hardhome then, can he?), giving us a bittersweet ending

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
stsinner:

so you that wrote the series,why dont you explain how they went into the water to chain the dragon or just shut up?

What is there to explain?

Are white walkers or wights allergic to water?

Some kind questions ehn.

A show with dragons spitting fire and a creature that has lived for thousands of years is believable.

But a wight or white walker swimming is unbelievable.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Seunpaul01:

You will get an update when it's needed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
snowstormm:
lolz....criticizing the show is the new swag....imagine watching a show where there dragon and white Walker,a woman who can change face,someone who can see the future,present and fast and they are still expecting everything to be realistic...if you want realistic film,go and watch Yoruba film where you will be seeing 2 days after, 5 months later and co.....some here criticizing are the ones whom their fav movie is matrix....someone here even they claim the show is becoming predictable after he went to YouTube to read the leaks,if you don't like the show,drop it..no one is forcing you instead of coming here to rant or you should go to Twitter or Instagram to tag the shows producers and rant to them

As in ehn.

They believe dragons exist, people change faces, a man is thousands of years old.

Yet be asking stupid questions like where did the chain come from

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Oxytocin(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
ped007:
now that the army of the dead have one dragon on their side....
I can't help but wonder what it will be "spiting"...
Still fire or
Perhaps ice... or
Maybe Water...

grin

Still fire of course
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
stsinner:
it seems the writer of GOT is getting tired. Apart from the spoils of war,other episodes of the season7 are damn boring with too many holes in the script. Can someone explain to me how the
whitewalker attached the huge chain to get the dragon in the
water when they cant even swim?
where does those long chains came from?

You are the one that made the assumptions that they cannot swim.

Tell me where in the show they said white walkers cannot swim?

When you will not pay attention, will be blaming writers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
kay9:

I feel your pain, bro.

GRRM has run out of ideas. He is never going to finish the books.

Give D&grin some credit, they are trying to finish someone else's story. Something GRRM cannot do.

Also, pay attention when watching the show next time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ped007(m): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Oxytocin:

grin

Still fire of course

... "fire" burns the dead... remember
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
gj22:

You are the one that made the assumptions that they cannot swim.

Tell me where in the show they said white walkers cannot swim?

When you will not pay attention, will be blaming writers.

The Wights that got into the lake drowned, or didn't resurface. Probably due to the weight of the water and them being skeletal.
The Undead army wait a whole day for the lake to freeze over before attacking.
No we paid attention !

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
gj22:

GRRM has run out of ideas. He is never going to finish the books.

Give D&grin some credit, they are trying to finish someone else's story. Something GRRM cannot do.

Also, pay attention when watching the show next time.

He had planned ahead before ever starting the series. No he has not run out of ideas. He has other series he writes as well.

The books will be done when they are done !

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Some people will not pay attention they will now come and be blaming writers for their own lack of assimilation.

Asking how the white walker got chains

Ans: This is a dumb question. The nights king has been alive for centuries and has been raiding wildlings villages since forever. Even hard home had ships.

How did gendry run back to the wall and khaleesi get to them soo fast.

Ans: the suicide squad spent at least 3 days on that island. How? Let's use the water to judge. When the thousands of wights were chasing them, the ice gave way and they started drowning right? Now after the hound started stoning them, and they attacked, the ice is now very thick enough to support the weight of thousands of wights.

You can use this as a time reference. A river doesn't freeze over enough to support the weight of thousands of wights in a single day.

How did they tie the chain to the dragon?
Ans: a wight or a white walker did it. The wights might not be able to swim but they don't drown either.
Remember that they came out of the water and almost drowned Tormund. Also, a white walker could have done it. The show has never implied that they cannot swim.

you people want to be spoon fed everything. If you pay attention, you will understand better. Also, D&grin release videos on YouTube called "inside the episode"
. Check it out if you still don't understand. Stop whining.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gbola5:

He had planned ahead before ever starting the series. No he has not run out of ideas. He has other series he writes as well.

The books will be done when they are done !

Sorry to break it to you. He is never going to finish the books.

Period.

Its been how many years now?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gbola5:

The Wights that got into the lake drowned, or didn't resurface. Probably due to the weight of the water and them being skeletal.
The Undead army wait a whole day for the lake to freeze over before attacking.
No we paid attention !

Wights cannot drown tho. Only fire can kill them.

And a few resurfaced to try to drown tormund.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.