Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090851 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2015
kay9:
Okay..... smiley

I downloaded episode 5 since morning but couldn't watch till just now, and you know wat? I liked it!

Guys, see, you have to stop comparing show and book; you are just killing the fun for yourself. Think about this, assuming there wasn't a book first, can you be honest and say this episode wasn't cool? As for me, the show is mostly certainly keeping to its nature - killing off characters when you least expect. Its just that I'd really expected to see Jaime, but hey, I'm not complaining - I really really thought it'd be him kicking the bucket in this episode! grin

Not when they just kill of characters for shock value.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2015
Now for careful analysis...

Flashbacks at the beginning showing Maester Aemon talking to Jon (from season 1, I think) ---> Well, more reason not to compare book and show; Aemon here is actually late Aerys' brother (and not grand-uncle as in the book). So guys, apologies, I was wrong to correct y'all before - Maester Aemon here is truly Daenerys' uncle.

Does anyone else think Ramsay Snow Bolton is slowly racking up awesomeness? cheesy The dude is a monster, yes, but boy! he certainly nails his role perfectly. But the way things are going, I just feel that between him and Brienne, one of them will not survive this season.

And how about that marriage proposal? Lol... I think that GreyWorm-Missandei scene was just a tad-bit forced. I will certainly miss Ser Barristan Selmy a.k.a Barristan the Bold. Read up on him if you can; that man was a real commando in his youth.

Oh, and of course, Drogon winging it silently over old dead Valyria. I think Tyrion and Jorah have really good chemistry.

I rate this episode 8/10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 7:34pm On May 11, 2015
I wonder why Lord Bolton allows Ramsey to carry on with his sociopathic ways in his presence. From all indications Lord Bolton still commands Ramsey's respect, all he need do is order Ramsey to behave or be quiet and Ramsey will comply. He takes no pleasure in Ramsey's behaviour yet he allows it. Strange.

I'm also having a hard time believing this Grey Worm and Missandei romance. The two of them are just deceiving themselves.

Daneary still gets no love from me especially as she has now shown streaks of sociopathy, how can she willingly let her dragons burn and eat that Mereenian(sp?) in her presence all in the name of exacting punishment for the attack on Barristan. Anyway she is in a place where is she is very powerful, no fitting rival for her in Mereen. Let her go west and see if she can withstand powerful characters like Cersei, Stannis or the Martells. In Mereen everyone bows and defers to her, in Westeros she will meet nakèd opposition. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2015
Gbola5:

Not when they just kill of characters for shock value.

That's your own interpretation, bro. Same thing people have been screaming since Lady the direwolf died for a yeye prince...and Ned Stark lost his head... and Robb Stark knifed and butchered...and Oberyn Martell's head burst like a tomato. smiley It ain't gon' neva stop.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:
Daneary still gets no love from me especially as she has now shown streaks of sociopathy, how can she willingly let her dragons burn and eat that Mereenian(sp?) in her presence all in the name of exacting punishment for the attack on Barristan. Anyway she is in a place where is she is very powerful, no fitting rival for her in Mereen. Let her go west and see if she can withstand powerful characters like Cersei, Stannis or the Martells. In Mereen everyone bows and defers to her, in Westeros she will meet nakèd opposition. angry

Bro, she's Targaryen - and the Mad King's daughter to boot! True-born Targaryens (especially those born of brother-sister marriages) are naturally unstable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:
I wonder why Lord Bolton allows Ramsey to carry on with his sociopathic ways in his presence. From all indications Lord Bolton still commands Ramsey's respect, all he need do is order Ramsey to behave or be quiet and Ramsey will comply. He takes no pleasure in Ramsey's behaviour yet he allows it. Strange.

I'm also having a hard time believing this Grey Worm and Missandei romance. The two of them are just deceiving themselves.

hehehe..its nau youre hating danery,strangely i never likd he sef,its odd,considering that she is a fan favourite,i feel she is too young to rule nd shes proud
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:32pm On May 11, 2015
kay9:

That's your own interpretation, bro. Same thing people have been screaming since Lady the direwolf died for a yeye prince...and Ned Stark lost his head... and Robb Stark knifed and butchered...and Oberyn Martell's head burst like a tomato. smiley It ain't gon' neva stop.

GrrM, doesnt kill off characters just because he wants to, its part of his story. Those pics portraying him as a killer of his characters are just for fun. He kills them off based on understandable circumstancies, because some of their deaths, sets the pace for further plots. But the show kills of characters just for shock most times. Characters still alive.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2015
dubylhover:

hehehe..its nau youre hating danery,strangely i never likd he sef,its odd,considering that she is a fan favourite,i feel she is too young to rule nd shes proud

I've right from the begining never really liked her, can't understand why other fans of the show fawn over her. So just because she happens to be a Targaryen she must rule? She's a hottie no doubt but lately she has been striking me as presumptuous. I guess she is this way because no one since Drogo has been able to put speak to her without cowering in fear or aquiescing to her. Dario her new lover is no match for her, he's just there to warm her bed. Ser Jorah when he was at her service was completely enamoured by her so he always yielded easily. Her character has yet to meet real challenge from another person. She needs a real man. She needs the ApexTitan.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2015
Gbola5:

Like I said, "plot armour". Or that not everyone gets a disease. Or he was just lucky. Or maybe later it will show. Side note: There's a theory, Tyrion might be a Targ, maybe that's why( although i dont like the theory). Plus its Stonemen.

Oh maybe it's because there was no skin contact. Tyrion was wearing shoes and probably socks so the stone man had no skin contact.

Also, he could be lying like jorah.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:19pm On May 11, 2015
Gbola5:

Gods, do you actually believe anyone can call all the maesters and healers in the whole Seven Kingdoms. You dont have to take everything seriously. As to why you think only Stannis, hmm.

Stannis saved his daughter somehow from the same fate. no?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:

Ramsey is actually a smart man. Although his ways are not conventional. He has convinced sansa that she has no family left in an attempt to lower any chances of her rebelling.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:31pm On May 11, 2015
Great episode.

Stanis has won me over. The guy has class. I root for him to win. I hate that his wife though. Can't wait to see where Jorah's story goes.

Greyworm and that girl is true love. She knows he has no "pillars and stones" but she still wants him. It's not all about sex for them. And it's original.

Samwell tarlley and bolton's wife would really fit as a couple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:43pm On May 11, 2015
gj22:

Ramsey is actually a smart man. Although his ways are not conventional. He has convinced sansa that she has no family left in an attempt to lower any chances of her rebelling.

He aint. He's a creature of low cunning. You dont call that smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2015
gj22:

Stannis saved his daughter somehow from the same fate. no?

Yes, but she is still going to die when she grow up. You cant stop greyscale you can only suppress it. And it is known to be fatal in adults. All im saying is, Stannis cant call all the maesters and healers in Westeros, its not possible. The statement was an exaggeration.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2015
gj22:

Oh maybe it's because there was no skin contact. Tyrion was wearing shoes and probably socks so the stone man had no skin contact.

So was Jorah, and they didnt even touch him. It's just some people have a stronger immunity to some diseases than others.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 10:14pm On May 11, 2015
gj22:
Great episode.

Stanis has won me over. The guy has class. I root for him to win. I hate that his wife though. Can't wait to see where Jorah's story goes.

Greyworm and that girl is true love. She knows he has no "pillars and stones" but she still wants him. It's not all about sex for them. And it's original.

Samwell tarlley and bolton's wife would really fit as a couple.

What exactly did Stannis do that won you over? Me I have little regard for him as long as he continues to be directed by the Red Priestess, she is obviously going to be his undoing.

That Greyworm romance still struck me as contrived. So our robot soldier in the moment of near defeat suddenly felt shame (that's what he said right?) that he wouldn't see the woman of his dreams? How unoriginal. Greyworm is like a dog chasing after cars, what will he do with Missandei if he has her to himself? grin

Sam and Bolton's wife? LOL!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dgunnerz(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2015
Gbola5:

Gods, do you actually believe anyone can call all the maesters and healers in the whole Seven Kingdoms. You dont have to take everything seriously. As to why you think only Stannis, hmm.
Stannis was not just anyone then.. I believe he was the brother of the King of the Seven Kingdoms when his daughter needed healers..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dgunnerz(m): 10:27pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:

What exactly did Stannis do that won you over? Me I have little regard for him as long as he continues to be directed by the Red Priestess, she is obviously going to be his undoing.

That Greyworm romance still struck me as contrived. So our robot soldier in the moment of near defeat suddenly felt shame (that's what he said right?) that he wouldn't see the woman of his dreams? How unoriginal. Greyworm is like a dog chasing after cars, what he do with Missandei if he has her to himself? grin

Sam and Bolton's wife? LOL!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 11:21pm On May 11, 2015
I actually like the GreyWorm+Missandei pairing, after all nobody is unlovable. I think I now understand what he meant by being ashamed... See, he's supposed to be fearless even in the face of death - cos he doesn't have anything to lose, he's Unsullied, he only lives to serve. But then he develops feelings for Missandei, and now he's suddenly face to face with death and he realizes he is not fearless after all - he fears not seeing Missandei again, a very stup!d fear considering he doesn't even have the "rod and stones" to enjoy her... That's why he's ashamed.

Eeyah. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2015
Dgunnerz:

Stannis was not just anyone then.. I believe he was the brother of the King of the Seven Kingdoms when his daughter needed healers..

Even the king still cant call on EVERY maester or healer, even if he could, you cant expect EVERY maester and healer to come. Its clearly an exaggeration. Stannis was the kings brother and lord of Dragonstone, what of it ?!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 11:25pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:

...Her character has yet to meet real challenge from another person. She needs a real man. She needs the ApexTitan.

You are on a loooooooong thing.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:29pm On May 11, 2015
Man: "You'd lead the wildlings here? Through our gates?" Jon: "Men, women and children will die by the thousands if we do nothing!" Man: "Let them die! We got our own to worry about. Less enemies for us." Stannis: "Fewer..." This was actually funny.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2015
Man: "You'd lead the wildlings here? Through our gates?" Jon: "Men, women and children will die by the thousands if we do nothing!" Man: "Let them die! We got our own to worry about. Less enemies for us." Stannis: "Fewer..." This was actually funny. Stannis the Mannis.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 11:38pm On May 11, 2015
Gbola5:

GrrM, doesnt kill off characters just because he wants to, its part of his story. Those pics portraying him as a killer of his characters are just for fun. He kills them off based on understandable circumstancies, because some of their deaths, sets the pace for further plots. But the show kills of characters just for shock most times. Characters still alive.

So Barristan was written off, and that qualifies as "the show kills off characters just for shock"? My friend you are too fond of sweeping statements abeg. Who else have they killed off for shock value? Or you are just upset they deviated from the book? Ser Barristan is over 70yrs old and has served 3 kings by the show's count; how many 70-year-old knights will survive that attack on him? I think the circumstances of his dying off are highly understandable, if I may borrow your words.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 11:40pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:

lol

from who

You forget

3 Dragons ... who dares oppose
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:27am On May 12, 2015
Gbola5:

Like I said, "plot armour". Or that not everyone gets a disease. Or he was just lucky. Or maybe later it will show. Side note: There's a theory, Tyrion might be a Targ, maybe that's why( although i dont like the theory). Plus its Stonemen.

Yeah Stonemen thanx...also I think Tyrion too should be infected cos Ser Jorah Mormont has been infected and he must have definitely touched Tyrion while trying to save him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:29am On May 12, 2015
ApexTitan:
I only just saw episode 5 and one thing struck me: Sansa's body is a PROBLEM. wink

Chai.

She now looks fiercely sexy I swear...you can't blame her, , she'sbeen through a lot in this movie...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:32am On May 12, 2015
Gbola5:

He aint. He's a creature of low cunning. You dont call that smart.
hmm...i like this quote
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:35am On May 12, 2015
kay9:
Now for careful analysis...

Flashbacks at the beginning showing Maester Aemon talking to Jon (from season 1, I think) ---> Well, more reason not to compare book and show; Aemon here is actually late Aerys' brother (and not grand-uncle as in the book). So guys, apologies, I was wrong to correct y'all before - Maester Aemon here is truly Daenerys' uncle.

Does anyone else think Ramsay Snow Bolton is slowly racking up awesomeness? cheesy The dude is a monster, yes, but boy! he certainly nails his role perfectly. But the way things are going, I just feel that between him and Brienne, one of them will not survive this season.

And how about that marriage proposal? Lol... I think that GreyWorm-Missandei scene was just a tad-bit forced. I will certainly miss Ser Barristan Selmy a.k.a Barristan the Bold. Read up on him if you can; that man was a real commando in his youth.

Oh, and of course, Drogon winging it silently over old dead Valyria. I think Tyrion and Jorah have really good chemistry.

I rate this episode 8/10

Looking at old Valyria was epic & nostalgic. As if I escaped the doom that the Smoking Sea still confirms till date...Drogon just dey flex about...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:38am On May 12, 2015
ApexTitan:

There's no sociopathy in avenging Ser Barristan. Those masked bastards all deserve to be barbecued.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:42am On May 12, 2015
gj22:

Hmmmm @ d lying...they could both be deceiving themselves oh...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:47am On May 12, 2015
Gbola5:
Man: "You'd lead the wildlings here?
Through our gates?"
Jon: "Men, women and children will die
by the thousands if we do nothing!"
Man: "Let them die! We got our own to
worry about. Less enemies for us."
Stannis: "Fewer..." This was actually funny.
Stannis the Mannis.

What does the fewer actually mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.