Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090749 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CassieV(f): 6:24pm On May 03, 2015
gj22:

Why is that?

Well the writer said he would appear in the next season, there are a lot of characters in game of thrones and they can't tell all their stories in one season so he divided it. I read it somewhere sometime ago...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 7:00pm On May 03, 2015
Gbola5:

More like what ? This season is based on A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. The first one's about the effects of the war of the 5 kings, and how every one is squabbling over spoils(like crows after a battle), it also shows the different factions that are now playing in, while A dance, is suposed to be about the Targaryens both revealed and hidden, and their roles as leaders, with a little bit of the continuation of a Feast. These two books are very interesting, and i think why the show isnt this season, is cuz they are deviating from the books.

oga you are talking long story...dis latest season is just average...on a more serious note,d only good thing abt got is that suprise of death to any character...i d fast forward plenty scences nau sef..i hav watched far beta series than got na..despite d fact that its only 10 epiusodes per season..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2015
dubylhover:

oga you are talking long story...dis latest season is just average...on a more serious note,d only good thing abt got is that suprise of death to any character...i d fast forward plenty scences nau sef..i hav watched far beta series than got na..despite d fact that its only 10 epiusodes per season..

Well i didnt call you a fan, your obviously not, just a side viewer. When you watch a series you have to own into and then decide if you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gottoboy(m): 11:35pm On May 03, 2015
Gbola5:

Sorry but you cant send a pdf file with whatsapp.
Ơ̴̴̴͡k emails plz.

Tonyblaze71@yahoo.com
Tony.blaze5119@gmail.com
Tnx
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gottoboy(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2015
Gbola5:

Well i didnt call you a fan, your obviously not, just a side viewer. When you watch a series you have to own into and then decide if you like it or not.

you have a point my brother,i actually follow got,but i dont understand y it freaks pipo like dis
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 2:42pm On May 04, 2015
dubylhover:

you have a point my brother,i actually follow got,but i dont understand y it freaks pipo like dis

Dude you can understand ppl have different opinions about stuff right? D series u prefer more than GOT I can consider to b trash so unless you explain objectively why, your opinions really is pointless.
Also you have a point though not for the reasons you think. This season focuses on the period post war, where all the characters are setting the pieces for the next one and the main point is not the big battles but the character interaction and how they react to thier new consideration. This is understandably not what some will like but it is enjoyable in its own right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2015
sage1000:

Dude you can understand ppl have different opinions about stuff right? D series u prefer more than GOT I can consider to b trash so unless you explain objectively why, your opinions really is pointless.
Also you have a point though not for the reasons you think. This season focuses on the period post war, where all the characters are setting the pieces for the next one and the main point is not the big battles but the character interaction and how they react to thier new consideration. This is understandably not what some will like but it is enjoyable in its own right

i consider suspence my number one priority,i love films that has to do with thinking...thats y i love prison break,thats d best series of all time..no boring moment..im not saying that got isnt good..im just saying that compared to the previous seasons,this season 5 isnt really impressing.i hope it gets better

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ITbomb(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2015
dubylhover:

i consider suspence my number one priority,i love films that has to do with thinking...thats y i love prison break,thats d best series of all time..no boring moment..im not saying that got isnt good..im just saying that compared to the previous seasons,this season 5 isnt really impressing.i hope it gets better
This season has been the most disappointing of the series I have watched this year.
I even rate Vikings and The Blacklist far ahead of this boring show. Let's hope it improves

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:50pm On May 04, 2015
ITbomb:

This season has been the most disappointing of the series I have watched this year.
I even rate Vikings and The Blacklist far ahead of this boring show. Let's hope it improves

That's cuz you dont get the point of this new season. You dont expect there to just be battles and endless dying do you...?!..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2015
Gbola5:

That's cuz you dont get the point of this new season. You dont expect there to just be battles and endless dying do you...?!..

But the truth is that there are endless death(meaningless beheading) and the way I see it, many more will die.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2015
Csami:

But the truth is that there are endless death(meaningless beheading) and the way I see it, many more will die.

For a time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 7:27pm On May 04, 2015
ITbomb:

thats d point...dis particular season hasnt lived up to d hype so far

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:08pm On May 04, 2015
ITbomb:

May I ask why you say so?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 10:28pm On May 04, 2015
If I hear one more person say why they prefer Prison Break to GoT one more time I'mma have to smack someone. angry

How can you compare fishes and bicycles? Not all shows have to have a cliffhanger ending.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:27am On May 05, 2015
Csami:

cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:38am On May 06, 2015
It's build up to events to come.

Think of season 4, the first episode was meh, Then purple wedding happened, then build up to tyrion's trial and the battle at the wall, then the epic trial, trial by combat and the epic battle at the wall.

Game of thrones is drama like breaking bad. In my experience, you don't judge drama by singling out the episodes, you judge by overall. While watching breaking bad, sometimes, I don't even look at the screen, I will be pinging and the listening to what they are saying but overall, the story was bomb.

Prisonbreak got boring after season 2.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:36pm On May 06, 2015
gj22:

Prisonbreak got boring after season 2.

Amen, brother.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2015
I think we've sufficiently dissuaded the GoT S05 haters... perhaps its time we return back to some real discussion.

And I happen to have a topic in mind: Based on what we've seen so far of Lady Sansa, the only known living heir to Winterfell, where do you see her in the next two/three episodes? Does she metamorphose into a true GoT player, or does she continue being played? (Please note: all thoughts and conjectures should be based solely on the TV show).

What I think: yes, LF has really taught her well, but she (Sansa) still lacks a great deal of "smarts". Why else turn Brienne away totally? Yes Brienne failed her mother and has been "fraternizing with the enemy" (i.e. Jaime Lannister), but she is also the first person to openly offer Sansa her support without hope of some kind of gain. No other northerner, whether bannerman or free rider, has even made the effort to find her, let alone offer support. The wise thing - in my opinion anyway - would have been tongue-lash Brienne for failing her Lady mother (Catelyn) so horribly (heck, nobody likes a useless subordinate), warn her that any further failure will lead to her death, accept her fealty upon pain of death, and then keep her at arm's length while you study and verify her motives (I know this is what the Imp would have done - half-a-supporter is better than none at all). OR, if you are so sure she's not trustworthy, then make sure she is killed (Cersei or Tywin would have done this). I mean, this is the Brienne whom King Renly died on her watch, then she managed to "kidnap" Jaime back to Kings Landing, AND somehow manages to locate Ned Stark's heir that NO ONE else could find - you don't leave someone like that alive if you don't trust them abeg!

Anyhow sha, i think Brienne will come in at some point, in fact I see her having a brutal standoff with Ramsay Bolton soon - perhaps to save Sansa or something like that.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 4:39pm On May 06, 2015
^
Interesting topic. I think with the direction things are headed Sansa is going to follow up on the promptings and suggestions of Little Finger to get involved with his schemings and exact some type of revenge for the Starks and Northerners. Thing is she is still a relative newcomer to this game and so might herself fall prey even to those she may have come to trust, i.e Little Finger himself! I mean, based on what we have seen in the show so far it is kind of hard to see Petyr's angle and what his end game really is. Is he really now the kind and selfless benefactor to Sansa without any ulterior motives? Does he honestly see her as an ally with whom he shares similar goals or is she just another step to getting what he wants (whatever that is). I think these questions will determine to a large extent how Sansa will go about her quest to bring reclaim her family's honour.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2015
^^^
With the death of Tywin, Petyr Baelish is probably the most dangerous person in the Seven Kingdoms right now. Sansa might yet grow, but i don't see her ever outgrowing his influence.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Zedicusdgreat: 7:39pm On May 06, 2015
dubylhover:

maybe cuz u dnt understand the storyline,,,its kinda complex with all the different houses and characters
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:19am On May 07, 2015
kay9:
^^^
With the death of Tywin, Petyr Baelish is probably the most dangerous person in the Seven Kingdoms right now. Sansa might yet grow, but i don't see her ever outgrowing his influence.

Even when Tywin was alive.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2015
This whole LF and Sansa in Winterfell plot twist kinda has a lot of flaws. Sansa is wanted for regicide, and Brienne knows where she is, didnt LF consider if she was still working for the Lannisters(she isnt, but he ought to have thought it as a possibility). And everyone in court knows LF is at the Vale, LF leaves the veil, LF tells noone where he's going, LF arrives at Winterfell, and suddenly LF receives a Letter at Winterfell, what ? It also contradicts the character of Sansa, she was becoming strong at this point in time amd not dependent, suddenly she's left at the hands of the Boltons. I'll be pissed if they make her weak. Also this doesnt leave room for the Northern conspiracy cause Sansa actually is a Stark. It irks me to think she'll get her maidenhead despoiled by Ramsey, uhh. And Sansa is supposed to take back her birthright with an army, not to take it by wedding some Bolton. This plot makes as much sense as Jaime in Dorne, which is very little. It not only doesnt make sense, but it contradicts the character developments happening at this stage.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:35am On May 07, 2015
Am curious, does anyone know the status of the person that can blow the dragon horn? A targaryen perhaps?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2015
Hmmm. That's something I never considered; How is it that Sansa who is wanted for her alleged role in killing King Joffery shows up at Winterfell? How is Cersei whose blood is hot for vengeance not aware of this development?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2015
ApexTitan:

Hmmm. That's something I never considered; How is it that Sansa who is wanted for her alleged role in killing King Joffery shows up at Winterfell? How is Cersei whose blood is hot for vengeance not aware of this development?

Not you the show producers. And its weird how Brienne can find Sansa at the Vale and at the North in a very short time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2015
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:48pm On May 07, 2015
Gbola5:

Not you the show producers. And its weird how Brienne can find Sansa at the Vale and at the North in a very short time.
There's a whole world of debate ongoing about that last scene; was it Moat Cailin or Winterfell? (Sansa and Petyr meeting the Boltons). See https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/34cbnl/spoilers_all_season_5_ep_3_question_moat_cailin/ but beware spoilers.

But that washerwoman's statement (``Welcome home, Lady Stark. The North remembers" ) pretty much settles it for me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:10pm On May 07, 2015
kay9:

There's a whole world of debate ongoing about that last scene; was it Moat Cailin or Winterfell? (Sansa and Petyr meeting the Boltons). See https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/34cbnl/spoilers_all_season_5_ep_3_question_moat_cailin/ but beware spoilers.

But that washerwoman's statement (``Welcome home, Lady Stark. The North remembers" ) pretty much settles it for me.

Yeah it is Winterfell, but they also showed Moat Cailin.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:15pm On May 07, 2015
ApexTitan:

The answer is actually obvious if you look at it carefully... It was Tywin that everyone feared, not Cercei. And now he's dead. Even Lord Bolton admitted as much to his son when they discussing Ramsay's method of rule. Secondly, Petyr Baelish is Cercei's main source of power and influence outside of KingsLanding (as evidenced by the crow missive she sent asking him to come back to the capital); at the present location so up in the North, Petyr is actually her ONLY reliable source - the North has no love for her. And the Boltons who could have informed her are now forging new alliances.

So both Petyr and Roose Bolton are now brave to do things they'd never have tried before - unveil the heir to the North and make her alliance. With the Tyrells cleaning their chops and eager for a killing, House Lannister is really weak (remember they are still reeling from the costs of the war with Robb Stark and Stannis). Tywin is dead - Cercei can scream blue murder all she wants, Kevan will be sure to caution restraint - Tyrion was the one accused, they can afford to let the lil she-wolf go. Otherwise, alienate Petyr and Bolton, and the crown loses the North AND the Vale... again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2015
kay9:

The answer is actually obvious if you look at it carefully... It was Tywin that everyone feared, not Cercei. And now he's dead. Even Lord Bolton admitted as much to his son when they discussing Ramsay's method of rule. Secondly, Petyr Baelish is Cercei's main source of power and influence outside of KingsLanding (as evidenced by the crow missive she sent asking him to come back to the capital); at the present location so up in the North, Petyr is actually her ONLY reliable source - the North has no love for her. And the Boltons who could have informed her are now forging new alliances.

So both Petyr and Roose Bolton are now brave to do things they'd never have tried before - unveil the heir to the North and make her alliance. With the Tyrells cleaning their chops and eager for a killing, House Lannister is really weak (remember they are still reeling from the costs of the war with Robb Stark and Stannis). Tywin is dead - Cercei can scream blue murder all she wants, Kevan will be sure to caution restraint - Tyrion was the one accused, they can afford to let the lil she-wolf go. Otherwise, alienate Petyr and Bolton, and the crown loses the North AND the Vale... again.

But even with Tywin's death Cersei's bounty on Tyrion's head was still in very much effect. Gold was promised for anyone who would bring her the head of her brother and people went about attacking dwarves in the hope that one of them would be Tyrion so that they could claim the bounty. Surely Sansa's alleged complicity in Joffery's death should have tempted someone to claim some sort of reward by reporting her whereabouts to Cersei. Apart from dying her hair Sansa has made little effort in concealing herself, she is riding with LF through the country. Are we to believe that the whole of the seven kingdoms have relegated her to past history? No one, not even travelling merchants or soldiers bothered to (casually) mention a sighting of her to anyone in King's Landing?

Your explanation about LF I can accept but Sansa's I find highly improbable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.