Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) (99903 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by tonychristopher: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2013
if innosson don’t own these cars, you can call it making, creating, assembling etc, his logo won’t be on it. For his logo to be on the final products that means he owns it.
Airbus outsource th manufactur of parts to hitachi in Japan, BENZ outsource to AMG in Germany BMW OUTSOURCE TO BOSCH in germany, Rover cars outsource to Honda in Japan
Now arm chair critics, if a tailors goes to market to buy yards of denim that is made in Brazil,thread that is made in china and sewing machine that is mad in india. He sews the cloths in Nigeria with the machine…. Whose name will he label it
Its simple made in Nigeria. That is the finished product…. And what have you ever made or what have your fathers ever made…. This man has put his name on the world car producers list….

Tell me one achievement of your fathers from your great grand fathers to yourself that is critiscing the man…if the achievement is noble I respect you but if its not….your a bastarrd

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by tonychristopher: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
wesley80: I dont believe they actually built those cars in Nigeria, can anyone convince me they did?
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by tonychristopher: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
wesley80: I dont believe they actually built those cars in Nigeria, can anyone convince me they did?

Go ask your mother to convience you
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by sultaan(m): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
I watched the video and that was the quietest factory I have ever seen It is so obvious they were putting on a show maing noise with those hammers.

All I saw was people banging on chassis, no one installed a single bolt or electrical component, no chair,glass,tire, trim.

They had those stations staged, hammers banging and their rebadged imported chinese cars ready for sale.

Do you think anyone in their right mind will spend their money and trust their life/family to those pieces of metal they were banging on at 100kph?

The concept of manufacturing is not so clear in Nigeria but those clown from FG should know better(maybe not)
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
sultaan: I watched the video and that was the quietest factory I have ever seen It is so obvious they were putting on a show maing noise with those hammers.

All I saw was people banging on chassis, no one installed a single bolt or electrical component, no chair,glass,tire, trim.

They had those stations staged, hammers banging and their rebadged imported chinese cars ready for sale.

Do you think anyone in their right mind will spend their money and trust their life/family to those pieces of metal they were banging on at 100kph?

The concept of manufacturing is not so clear in Nigeria but those clown from FG should know better(maybe not)

Thank you, Sultaan.

tonychristopher:

Go ask your mother to convience you

There's no need to be rude. The question asked was pretty valid, the same question a potential investor would ask. Is this the sort of response you'd give? If you're not sure of the answer, then by all means ignore the question, especially as it wasn't directed at you to begin with.

2 Likes

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Horus(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2013

Innoson vehicle: Made, Manufactured and Assembled in Nnewi, Nigeria by Nigerian Workforce

1 Like

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by sultaan(m): 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Horus:

Innoson vehicle: Made, Manufactured and Assembled in Nnewi, Nigeria by Nigerian Workforce
Prove it undecided
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Horus(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2013

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co. Nnewi

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Horus(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2013

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by uboma(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
sultaan:
Prove it undecided

I doubt their capability to produce vehicles too!
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Horus(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2013

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Horus(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2013

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by viperman: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
SMH @ Nigerians here trying to discredit INNOSON....we are our own problem in this country
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by sultaan(m): 3:50am On Aug 18, 2013
I don't think its about discrediting the company.

If you are going to invest in this company won't you want to see the operations as a manufacturingassembly, instead of some staged still photos
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Primegold: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
sultaan: I don't think its about discrediting the company.

If you are going to invest in this company won't you want to see the operations as a manufacturingassembly, instead of some staged still photos

Last time I checked, Innoson Motors are NOT begging for funding or investors.
If indeed you're not trying to discredit the Company,then why not take a visit to the factory and see things for yourself, then you can comment authoritatively. And the good news is you do not require a VISA to visit Nnewi. No matter what part of Nigeria you're travelling from, Nnewi is within 12 hours drive time and can be easily assessed by air from any of the 3 airports at Asaba, Owerri & Enugu.
It beats me that anytime anything good comes from Nigeria, we are quick to condem and degrade. If it were reported as made in Ghana, you will be singing their praises. No wonder we import handkerchiefs,toothpicks and umbrellas. Shame.

5 Likes

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Cyberknight: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2013
In my opinion, whether the bloody things are assembled or manufactured or cloned is a moot point; as long as they function well.
I do believe that even if it is one small step for the industry as a whole, it is one giant step for Naija. All going well and not succumbing to the Naija factor, we should be able to buy locally made brand-new vehicles instead of buying 2nd hand junk from abroad. That to me is one great leap forward.

However, the company would be well-advised to look into their pricing, marketing and branding. If anyone from the company happens to ever read this, I would suggest giving their cars some more appealing names rather than the "INNOSON IVM 35" or whatever was stamped on those vehicles in the picture. Secondly, I have NEVER seen any advert of any kind for INNOSON vehicles in any medium and I'm in Nigeria. Are they being advertised at all? If so, where? How many people are aware that these vehicles are available for sale and their price? I actually just found out through these threads.

Re pricing: simply take the example of the Japanese cars in the 50s and 60s or the South Korean cars in the 80s and 90s as a guide: for INNOSON to break into the market and overcome reliability and other concerns, they must have to offer their products at prices below what the established brands are offering. I definitely wouldn't buy a so far unknown IVM 35 for the same price of or a minutely differing price from that of an established manufacturer. That's simple economics. Perhaps the FG can come in here with some discriminatory tariffs.

1 Like

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Horus(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukk42wLeVpI

Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria - World's First Black-Owned Car Manufacturer
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Emytexboy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]

[b]Look men!!

I love Innoson Motors. That man is a true rep of what an Igbo Man can do if he sets his mind to something.

My only issue with Innoson is that his prices are ridiculous. Why would you be selling chinese cars which we all know its depreciation speed for the same price as a superior Korean, Japanese or even German car?!

Thats why you are more likely to see a Tata vehicle than see an Innosson car.

His marketing strategy needs to change.

Reduce the p
you are nothing but a useless he dog.
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Emytexboy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
you are a fool!
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by realvenc: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
Thank you my brother for this. If this man is doing something that is not done (or rarely done) in naija and he is doing it legally and creating jobs and opportunities in process. I wonder why some people here are displaying their negative and biased mindset and making it sound like the are smart.

Even if it is a chinese car, his endeavour (whatever you call it) is creating jobs and opportunities which is somethingany well meaning Nigerian will commend.

If at all we should be taking abt how government can create policies. Plus enabling environment that can promote and support what he is doing.
For instance, if it meets necessary standards, why can't govt make IVM or any other being manufacturered (or assembled or whatever name u give it) in naija official brands or provide necessary tax breaks or other biz support or incentives so as to reduce cost of production thereby making it competitive.

Sometimes most Nigerians would rather we stay where we are cause it profits them or at best gives them something to say

Fhemmmy:

i dont even care if nothing was fabricated in Nigeria, if all they are doing is just assembling, i am proud to be a Nigeria cos of just this one.
We have all been complaining and whining that nothing good could come out of Nija and now something close to being good is coming and we are bring out our arrow to shut it down?

1 Like

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by elektra80: 11:24am On Sep 30, 2013
Nice job Innoson, at least he is doing something. But I think this is just an assembly plant, and the video was staged. Do u want to tell me they manufacture engine from scratch from this plant? The answer is no.. If they do such thing they would have shown the process in the video just to prove to people that the manufacture vehicles from scratch. I don't even see any robots, just workers hitting hammers and all that.. everything is imported from china.. I can't trust my family in this cars.. but nice work though. Look at a video of a real car manufacturing firm where they manufacture everything from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0r6y2XZ-h0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFblg9rebJI
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Fiftycalibir: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
elektra80: Nice job Innoson, at least he is doing something. But I think this is just an assembly plant, and the video was staged. Do u want to tell me they manufacture engine from scratch from this plant? The answer is no.. If they do such thing they would have shown the process in the video just to prove to people that the manufacture vehicles from scratch. I don't even see any robots, just workers hitting hammers and all that.. everything is imported from china.. I can't trust my family in this cars.. but nice work though. Look at a video of a real car manufacturing firm where they manufacture everything from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0r6y2XZ-h0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFblg9rebJI

We shouldn't have double standards for Africans. A lot of parts from any car comes from China. Even in something as expensive as a BMW. If you break down ANY car it's parts come from all corners of the world. They probably source the engine from someone just like Aston Martin does from Ford.
[img]http://www.corvette7.com/forums/attachment.php?s=c18399487e3aa7336b42e13477031109&attachmentid=541955&d=1375815574[/img]

1 Like

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Wallie(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
I do not understand why people’s feelings are getting hurt! Facts are facts and whether or not you like them, they’ll remain facts.

Innoson only assembles of parts for now except for the frame. They must have paid millions of dollars in licensing fees for the technology and blue prints, and will continue to do so for each vehicle sold. The only thing that I can guarantee that they manufacture is the frame the car is built on because there’s a photo of a welder spot-welding it. There’s nothing in that warehouse that prove they manufacture actual parts.

However, their accomplishments should not be trivialized. They are onto great things and assembling car parts is the very first step needed to develop in-house (or Nigerian) know-how to build their own parts. Apart from money, you need technical knowledge that can only be gained through experience – experience which they’re gaining right now.

There are books out there that will teach you the basics of building your own car from scratch. All you need to do is source the engine, transmission and ancillary components. You can buy brand new crate engines and transmissions from manufacturers or pull them from used cars.

A couple of years ago, when I still had more free time on my hands, I was going to build a Caterham 7 replica based on kits (maybe I’ll still do someday):

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/lists/ten-lotus-7-replica-kit-cars/?utm_campaign=Weekly+Email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-83#1

Here’s the forum that tells you pretty much everything that you need to know: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/index.php

1 Like

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 07, 2013
plz, do anyone have any contact we can call if we need to buy any of their product or something like a showroom to visit apart from Nnewi. Phc will also be better.
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Ikenna351(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
One thing I like about Igbo Language is that it doesn't give room for lies. The moment you start lying, you will look so daft, because even a kid would tell you are lying. But what do we do with this Alien Language called English, we commit all sorts of impunity with it. And when asked, it would be called "Constructive Criticism". Things have fallen apart! cry

Ask an average Nigerian, he would tell you "Nigeria doesn't produce a Pin; No jobs; We are not creative; Federal Govt. is daft, etc" the list goes on. Now, a fellow Nigerian, on his own, decided to solve or contributes in solving one of our social problems, but here we are killing the solution he has offered even before it fully get started.

If your child has some arts to perform in school, you go over there, as a parent, to cheer him/her up, even if he /she makes mistrakes while on the stage performing. I dont see any parent shouting from the audience, blaming his/her child for making a mistake in his her hole. A child seing his/her parent would gather more confidence and perform better than expected, because he/she has been encouraged by mere presence of the parent(s).

If your 6 years old child draws a Monkey, wrote Daddy or Mommy on it and show it to you, you would not spank him for calling you "Monkey". Instead, you would draw something that looks human, show it to her/him and say "My child, next time, draw something that looks like this as mommy or daddy. It will look better. But please dont show our Neighbours that your drawing". Yes, You wouldnt want your child to show your Neighbours how Monkey you are so that they wont call your child daft. Of course, we take care of our own, show love by encouraging them to do better.

Unfortunately, what has been going on various INNOSON MOTORS Threads, including this one, is quite the opposite. Very obvious!

Why so much emphasis on "It's not a manufacturing company, but an assembled one"? Which present car companies manufactures everything in a car? Do we really expect this young car company to start off today be where Peugeot or Benz are today? How old is Peugeot in this Car business and how old is Innoson Motors? How did Peugeot, Benz, Honda and the rest started? Can someone care to share?

Cant we just encourage this young indegineous car company to provide for us what we have been lacking since the existence of the Nation-state? Did any ask if Globacom equipments were been produced in Nigeria when the company came into existence? What exactly is our definition of "Production" ?

Innoson Motors may be lacking in Publicity, but they have just started. Those things cost money. Besides, Nnewi, Anambra or Enugu is only hundreds of kilometers from where we live. Yet, some of us go extra mile, forwarding hard earned millions to people in thousands of kilometers away to help them procure used cars they have not seen and ship them. But we are making so much noise about what we can get in our backyard. It doesnt make sense to me. But I wouldnt blame the Innoson Motors owner if he could afford to pay for the pubilicity, but chose not to. Because if he would read all these rejections here, why bother. After all, Our neighbouring country, Ghana, are demanding for his products, even though his people rejected his. Not surprised though. After all, Jesus Christ was a victim too. His people rejected and called that "son of Carpenter". I wouldnt blame Innoson Motors tomorrow if they close up in Nigeria and move to Ghana. They werent the first that have done it. At least, Michelin and Dunlop did it. You wouldn't know what you have untill you lose it.

Look at TATA? How did they get where they are today? What about KIA & Hyndai? Sometimes, while watching Korean movies, it would like as they drive KIA and Hyundai only in South Korea. You will hardly see any other brand of cars in their movies. Look at where they are today.

We are shouting "they are not safe enough", as if we have checked them out, driven or own them. Yet, some of these imported new cars from old big car companies dont even have the basic airbag. Yet people buy them, knowing they lack those safety features. But no one should buy Innoson or IVM cars because they are not international standards? What an Irony!

Anyway, for those in Abuja interested in Innoson SUVs, you can try the NOA (National Orientation Agency). Their head office at Area 1, old Federal Secretariat, uses IVM G5 as their official vehicles, including their Ogas. You can go there and they will direct you where you can purchase 1 in Abuja, if you are interested.

Ikenna

5 Likes

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by lungwun(m): 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
The most important question is .....

What are the Crash Test Scores on these things?
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Syenite(m): 8:24am On Dec 26, 2013
[quote author=Emytex boy][/quote]
One thing u must remember is that the no 1 factor dat affects a Selling price is the Cost price. Cost of doing biz in Nigeria is too high. Just consider cost of providing 24hrs electricity to the plant alone. I can tell u that if Nissan ot Toyota come to assemble their vehicles here they will sell for more than the prices in Japan.
That y we have been clamouring for the govt to fix the power sector and c whether other sectors will nt be fixed.
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
what happened to d google on ur phone... Or is ur phoned configured just for nairaland... Mtchhhhh undecided sad

1 Like

Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
tonychristopher: if innosson don’t own these cars, you can call it making, creating, assembling etc, his logo won’t be on it. For his logo to be on the final products that means he owns it.
Airbus outsource th manufactur of parts to hitachi in Japan, BENZ outsource to AMG in Germany BMW OUTSOURCE TO BOSCH in germany, Rover cars outsource to Honda in Japan
Now arm chair critics, if a tailors goes to market to buy yards of denim that is made in Brazil,thread that is made in china and sewing machine that is mad in india. He sews the cloths in Nigeria with the machine…. Whose name will he label it
Its simple made in Nigeria. That is the finished product…. And what have you ever made or what have your fathers ever made…. This man has put his name on the world car producers list….

Tell me one achievement of your fathers from your great grand fathers to yourself that is critiscing the man…if the achievement is noble I respect you but if its not….your a bastarrd. ...
Guy u got me crying.... D hardest truth I ave heard dis year.. I won't forget ur piece.. U have just sentenced some people to eternal damnation......thank God I wasn't around.. Can I ave ur email?
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by sultaan(m): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
My personal point is those cars were not even assembled in that factory. Their video does not give enough proof of assembly.

It is however possible to order them on Alibaba(I had to mention the big white elephants ignored)
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Newwoman: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello, how do I make an order for 17seater bus. How much is it going for.
Thanks
Re: SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Siena:

Thank you, Sultaan.

There's no need to be rude. The question asked was pretty valid, the same question a potential investor would ask. Is this the sort of response you'd give? If you're not sure of the answer, then by all means ignore the question, especially as it wasn't directed at you to begin with.

Hi Siena,

I would like you to think about opening a body shop in Nigeria where people like me who love their cars and want to do a tune up and some upgrades.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.