Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? (37548 Views)

Prime Minister David Cameron Sleeping At Sister-in-law's Wedding (PHOTO) / Sweden's Left-Party To Ban Men From Urinating While Standing / British Prime Minister, David Cameron, Traveling In A Public Train. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by babseg(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
Please, stop blaming our leaders for not doing this. But I must strongly blame the masses because when they see any prominent person he must drop something or they will try to persudade him/her to give them contract.

Abi I dey lie ?
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by jidewin(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
baba dey: Na wash joor. They like pix been taking when they do something we think its unusual.
very correct
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by ypzilanti: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
President of South africa also travelled by commercial plane some years back to the surprise of passengers. In a democracy, simple common moves like this are a show of humility by the leaders. of course they do not take the bus everyday due to security and logistic challenges, but they do it to cultivate a simple image. USA presidents do same by showing up unannounced to bars and restaurants once in a while.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
adaobi123:
grin ever since i was old enough to vote. tongue

Voted for BNP? grin grin
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by claremont(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Drdaps: Let us look at this and reflect on it, British Prime Minister, David Cameron standing inside the train while other passengers are sitting down enjoying the ride, can our leaders do this?
The simple answer is No.

Who cares if he is doing it for the cameras, who gives a flying f-uck if the people around him are all his bodyguards, and who gives a hipopotamus ar-se if the whole picture was stage-managed?! The bottom-line is that our own leader/s cannot and will never get on a public train to go from point A to B.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by coogar: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
babseg: Please, stop blaming our leaders for not doing this. But I must strongly blame the masses because when they see any prominent person he must drop something or they will try to persudade him/her to give them contract.

Abi I dey lie ?

if the leaders did not impoverish their citizens, would the masses tax them? look at the subsidy scam for instance - if you line up every nigerian citizen and divide the billions of dollars amongst them, it would improve many.

the leaders should be blamed - nigeria make more than enough money from crude oil for the citizens to be begging for crumbs. more than $100 billion have been embezzled by the leaders since the 70s. who should take the responsibility? satan?

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
justwise:

Voted for BNP? grin grin
grin grin grin hell no - I think i'll end up killing Nick Griffin tongue
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by BlueMagic2(m): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
miredia: Expecting this in nigeria is near impossible with the incessant security challenges the same leaders have failed to crush. They know better

In Nigeria nobody will have the guts to approach the president if he were riding a train. But out here every1 has a gun & can use it without provocation. (President Reagan was shot on the street at one time by a man who said he did it cos he was unemployed). So for a president or VP or public servant to want to socialize with the citizens just shows he cares. Who do u think is putting their lives in danger. Back to Reagan when he recovered what do u think became his number 1 priority?
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by slimfit1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
Its normal life for some people nothing new about it, even the queen travel on trains' don't be deceived his bodyguards are on that train too.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by ninja4life(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
Even though it might be for publicity dat Cameron is boarding a train i dont tink a local government chairman dat travel in convoy can board a plane talkless of d president who blocks d road just because he wants to pass a road will tink of boarding d 20th century train we are celebrating even if a state governor should try boarding a train i trust nairalanders will criticize dat its just 4 cheap publicity.i can see some gej supporter criticizing it as a media propaganda but if gej should do d same heaven will let loose dat gej is nigerias best president bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by naptu2: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
Obasanjo also flew commercial (British Airways) a couple of times (when the National Assembly refused to appropriate money for the purchase of a new presidential jet).
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by Xeedorf: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
adaobi123:
grin grin grin hell no - I think i'll end up killing Nick Griffin tongue

Very brave grin
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
justwise:

Very brave grin
brave is my middle name grin wink
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by naptu2: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
ninja4life: Even though it might be for publicity dat Cameron is boarding a train i dont tink a local government chairman dat travel in convoy can board a plane talkless of d president who blocks d road just because he wants to pass a road will tink of boarding d 20th century train we are celebrating even if a state governor should try boarding a train i trust nairalanders will criticize dat its just 4 cheap publicity.i can see some gej supporter criticizing it as a media propaganda but if gej should do d same heaven will let loose dat gej is nigerias best president bunch of hypocrites

If it's about riding in a train, you should know that President Babangida rode the train from Lagos to Ibadan (after inspecting the made in Nigeria J5 trains) circa 1989/1992.

I think GEJ also rode the train to Abeokuta.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by andyanders: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
AmBeautiful: Our leaders ke?
Maybe some sha undecided

No Nigerian leader can do that because 110% of them are corrupt and fear death as a result of the way they stole the nation dry. They are even afraid of mosquito because of the way they have made money.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by cap28: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
Op you need to get out more and understand how other cultures function.

Have you ever researched this man's background? this man comes from a very privileged background and has never in his life interacted with average people, this is why he was chosen to push through parliament some of the most draconian social security reforms in the history of the UK.

Do you know anything about public relations? A publicist is very important to public figures like Cameron as they manipulate the way in which the public perceives you, this photo of Cameron standing in a crowded train was taken deliberately in order to fool the british public into thinking that this man is a man of the people when in actual fact nothing could be further from the truth. Please if you can , try and research into this man's background, upbringing, schools he attended, company he keeps etc and you will get the true picture of who this man is and who he represents.

He is a descendant of british aristocracy attended higher institutions reserved only for the rich and privileged and is married to a woman who comes from an aristocratic background - do not be fooled by a photoshoot.

just to add - nigerian politicians do not have to do what Cameron does because the majority of the nigerian electorate is uneducated - by uneducated i don't mean paper qualifications i mean uneducated about their rights and how politics actually works. Also the average nigerian is blinded by tribalism which hampers their ability to make sound judgements about their leaders.

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by Xeedorf: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Govnor Adams Oshinomole of edo state in a Canoe helping flood victims as well

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by pespes: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
He is only doing it for the camera, They are far more worse politicians than Naija ones, at least we know the intentions of the naija politicians

I do not see anyhting to reflect on
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
Politicians are hypocrites, especially David Cameron.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
adaobi123:
brave is my middle name grin wink
grin grin grin talk is cheap
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
justwise:
grin grin grin talk is cheap
sharrrappp tongue
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by coogar: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
cap28: Op you need to get out more and understand how other cultures function.

Have you ever researched this man's background? this man comes from a very privileged background and has never in his life interacted with average people, this is why he was chosen to push through parliament some of the most draconian social security reforms in the history of the UK.

Do you know anything about public relations? A publicist is very important to public figures like Cameron as they manipulate the way in which the public perceives you, this photo of Cameron standing in a crowded train was taken deliberately in order to fool the british public into thinking that this man is a man of the people when in actual fact nothing could be further from the truth. Please if you can , try and research into this man's background, upbringing, schools he attended, company he keeps etc and you will get the true picture of who this man is and who he represents.

He is a descendant of british aristocracy attended higher institutions reserved only for the rich and privileged and is married to a woman who comes from an aristocratic background - do not be fooled by a photoshoot.

even when he travels to ipswich by train to give speeches, it's a show off? the hundreds of MPs that use the tube everyday are also showing off? some of you nigerians amuse me with your excuses....
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by naptu2: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
In fact, I saw something similar yesterday, when Governor Fashola decided to walk into the TBS main arena, despite the fact that the crowd were trying to mob him. He was smiling and waving.

However, when he got into the VIP enclosure and the crowd were trying to follow him in, the mobile policemen released a canister of teargas to prevent them from going in.

I wish I had the video of President Obasanjo and the President of Liberia going to the market in Abuja and to a Mr Biggs outlet to buy snacks.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by akpomeme(m): 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
Drdaps: Let us look at this and reflect on it, British Prime Minister, David Cameron standing inside the train while other passengers are sitting down enjoying the ride, can our leaders do this?

Half of the passengers are secret service men. They do this every now and then to give the very common man that house of commons represent a sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by naijaswag1: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
I imagine the number of secret service disguised as passengers will be 70% of the total number of people on that train. Moreover, that train is more comfortable than blaring through London traffic. Tell me that small size of 10 Downing is also humility. He will never understand ghetto life, he was not born to.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by cap28: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
coogar:

even when he travels to ipswich by train to give speeches, it's a show off? the hundreds of MPs that use the tube everyday are also showing off? some of you nigerians amuse me with your excuses....

who mentioned anything about showing off?

i said that he travels in this way in order to fool ordinary british people that he is one of them, what has this got to do with showing off?

this man and his fellow old etonians like boris johnson have nothing but contempt for ordinary people.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by coogar: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
cap28:
who mentioned anything about showing off?
i said that he travels in this way in order to fool ordinary british people that he is one of them, what has this got to do with showing off?

i disagree......
he travels via public transport because it is what's required of a prime minister. he cannot be drafting a budget for public transport without being seen using it. he has to identify with the masses otherwise he would not win the next election.

this man and his fellow old etonians like boris johnson have nothing but contempt for ordinary people.

contempt for the ordinary people?
this is hilarious - it's not his fault that he was born into aristocratic setting. this people just want to lead their people and serve their people.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by cap28: 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
You guys need to understand the importance of public relations and how the public perceives you, if Cameron were to reveal his true character to the public he would be voted out of office in the next general election.

Tories abhorr anyone who did not attend the same schools as them and who do not come from the same privileged background as themselves, since over 80% of the british population do not fall into that category the tories have to portray themselves in a way that will make them electable and that is by PRETENDING TO BE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE- they are not like everyone else, majority of them were born with silver spoons in their mouths and have never done an honest days work in their lives, take a look at Cameron's cabinet -almost all of them come from privileged backgrounds, worked in the city of london as bankers or corporate lawyers , made millions and have no understanding about how ordinary (poor) british people live.
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
adaobi123:
sharrrappp tongue

Noted. grin

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by BabaOlowo: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
Na lie, na him twin brother
Re: David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? by cap28: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
coogar:

i disagree......
he travels via public transport because it is what's required of a prime minister. he cannot be drafting a budget for public transport without being seen using it. he has to identify with the masses otherwise he would not win the next election.

Pretending to be a man of the people is what is required of an upper class public school educated man who wants to win the next general election, everything about this man screams OUT OF TOUCH WITH ORDINARY PEOPLE - watch him on video before he became prime minister and before he was coached by his PR team on how to behave around commoners.

contempt for the ordinary people?
this is hilarious - it's not his fault that he was born into aristocratic setting. this people just want to lead their people and serve their people.

absolute contempt -remember they attended schools that taught them that they are better than everyone else ie Eton.

im not blaming him for being born into affluence but i cant stand pretenders, liars and charlatans which is what he is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Idriss Deby, Chad’s President, Unhappy With Nigeria’s Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.