Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue (17107 Views)

Governors In Abuja To Persuade Buhari To Share Excess Crude Funds / How Jonathan Govt. Paid Companies Linked To Okupe To Hack ‘unfriendly’ Websites / NDIC Drags Doyin Okupe To Court Over Unpaid Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Sealeddeal(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2013
If i were buhari,i will be useful to my people but its very unfortunate that Buhari has successfully become a waste of space.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Dracula27: 7:43am On Apr 03, 2013
Both of you are on point but at some point a lie told repeatedly that is unchallenged would be taken for the truth and in some instances silence can be seen as admittance of guilt
dapachez: You are the true son of your father. You took the words right out of my mouth. 100,000,000,000 likes. You are ao on point
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Gamji007: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2013
1025: to me, a well trained police dog is more valuable than okupe.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Pataki: 7:48am On Apr 03, 2013
Sealeddeal: If i were buhari,i will be useful to my people but its very unfortunate that Buhari has successfully become a waste of space.

Even in your space, you are very much useless. Your people don't know you or your usefulness to society.

A number of you peeps just open your gob online without recourse to using your cranial cavity for the sole purpose it was created for - THINK.

5 Likes

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Eldashab(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2013
No amnesty for ghost according to jonathan, so they should be no dialogue for ghost. As for Okupe I guess he's doing the cheap job he was employed to do.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by kehinde1588(m): 7:50am On Apr 03, 2013
Symphony007: asking ordinary citizens? So a former nigeria head of state who is also a prominent muslium, widely respected by his people and who they'll listen to is now "an ordinary citizen"? I don't know how narrow minded you're but this how government works, all hands on deck to solve national problems, that is how it is done worldwide and buharu's response to this will determine how matured he really is.
muslim nt muslium ok?
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by idriis: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2013
take dat: Cheap blackmail and tissues of lies from an habitual liar who speaks on behalf of a government that is pathologically incapable of accepting responsibility. If there are concrete evidence that he is behind the BH scourge, why not prosecute him instead of this campaign of calumny, looking for a fall guy? Is Government trying to abdicate her responsibility of securing lives and properties to the Same Buhari who is accused of being behind the menace? Okupe should tell Nigerians if it was Buhari who granted the likes of Ndume bail, and if he is the reason why Modu Sherrif still remains a free man? Why not send his deputy(Sambo) to do the same just as Yaradua did with him in brokering peace with the ND militants?
WOW! kiss (abeg no h'omo oh) this is just classical cool
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by freebloke: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2013
Weda na buhari dey sponsor,feed,house and marry boko bois wey dey kill peepo and destroy tins,mi dey aks weda d presidency no fit crush dis boko bois and arrest buhari?
Evryday na buhari+boko bois...wetin be d work of d presidency sef in tams of proteshun of lifes and propatys of d cityzens....make una dey dia spik big big grama.
*make i mix mysef sum ogidiga and koboko *
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by wazobiaforu(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Thanks for your post. Its so painful that some persons have been so blinded by partisan and ethnic sentiments that they cant see beyond their nose.

It is the constitutional responsibility of EVERY Nigerian citizen to ASSIST law enforcement agencies in their discharge of their duties of maintaining law and order. This responsibility is enshrined in the 1999 Nigerian Constitution as amended. It is so because security is the responsibility of ALL. That is how it is even in other countries.

If there's any help someone like Buhari could render to bring the mayhem in the north to a quick end, it is constitutional for him to so do. Otherwise, he is IRRESPONSIBLE, wicked and heartless. This also implies, he only shed crocodile tears the last time.

Some say the president has failed because he's calling on the likes of Buhari to discharge their constitutional responsibility. Well, the president has not failed. The president as Commander in Chief of the armed forces can only deploy FORCE to troubled spots. That, the president has done. The JTF is EVER active in those troubled spots, under the supervision of the president. The attacks have not stopped but that is not UNIQUE to Nigeria. The attacks, by the SAME Islamic terrorists, in Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen,etc have also NOT stopped.

Because of realisation that in this sort of insurgency, force alone may not end it, a multifaceted approach has always been on the table. Therefore, the call on the likes of Buhari, who has cult-like following in the north, to assist, in any way he can, in bringing the violence to an early end is not out of place.

Unfortunately, I dont see Buhari doing ANYTHING to help end the violence. Since after he lost in 2011, serious bad blood has been generated Between Buhari and the presidency. Buhari has never attended the National Council of State meeting since after 2011 elections. This is what happens when someone is DESPERATE and sees the presidency as his birthright.

Some are comparing Buhari and the current vice president, Sambo. That is mischievous because Sambo does not have even 1% of the sort of following Buhari commands in the north.

In my opinion, the day the leaders of the north, Buhari inclusive, unite against Boko haram, that will mark the end of Boko haram. For now, they'r playing cat and mouse with boko haram. Force and JTF appear to be the only available option for now.

May THUNDER strike all the people that are playing prank with Nigeria, those who know the truth but keep dciving people all because of personal interest

As GEJ ever met with Buhari to help in the BH saga? Hell no but him and his walking stick(okupe) can try to rubish the man on media and still calling him to their aid?

What level of command did GEJ has when he was the VP and went to meet the ND and Sambo did not have now?

PDP always blame someone for their failure i have know that for a long time,

If you never see anything bad in your friends on boss then you are not sincere, must you try to support every bad things? Are you the only one that know Nigeria stories?

EVERYONE be OLD,YOUNG,FEMALE or MALE that keep decieving Nigerian for their personal interest,that are element of doom because of money may all the gods in Nigeria use their bloods for Nigeria salvation

NB: dont be scare if you are not among

3 Likes

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by dramendra: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2013
My understanding about Boko Haram, is this guys are not as powerful as they are been reported to be, Police and Military are simple the Boko Haram, if someone should be arrested, then simply arrest Gej, because Boko Haram are not Muslem, and are not even Northerners, PDP is behind all this killings, if Boko Haram are fighting the Government like Niger Delta did, by now they would have granted them Amnesty.

1 Like

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Sealeddeal(m): 7:59am On Apr 03, 2013
Pataki:

Even in your space, you are very much useless. Your people don't know you or your usefulness to society.

A number of you peeps just open your gob online without recourse to using your cranial cavity for the sole purpose it was created for - THINK.
Buhari is a waste.he is chasing rats while his house is in fire. The situation in north should not be politicized.Buhari has never done anything about Boko haram in interest of North and Nigeria.OBJ who was a head of state,in interest of north/nigeria,went to north to seek for peace while Buhari who is from north is only ranting so as to create more tension and frustrate the govt he couldnt frustrate with Boko haram

1 Like

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by wazobiaforu(m): 8:05am On Apr 03, 2013
figment232: u re just a demented animal

Because what i said was not right? Or did i frame it on my own?

Iwo ati gbogbo idile e ma to ri ijamba BH , igbayen lo ma to mo pe, kin se ere

That statement is for the people that bring you to this earth instead of toilet

2 Likes

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by iwanchop(m): 8:05am On Apr 03, 2013
Symphony007: asking ordinary citizens? So a former nigeria head of state who is also a prominent muslium, widely respected by his people and who they'll listen to is now "an ordinary citizen"? I don't know how narrow minded you're but this how government works, all hands on deck to solve national problems, that is how it is done worldwide and buharu's response to this will determine how matured he really is.
Whether u like it or not Buhari is an ordinary citizen and he has every right to reject mediatin btw FG and BH.Don't u think Buhari will be doing a very great harm to his reputation if he mediated and BH succumbed?What would Nigerians say?Buhari has talked to his boys to stop killing xtians....then u would say he is BH sponsor when he is not.
GEJ should sit up and find a lasting solution to the Bono Haram menace ,it is his responsibility.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by BetaThings: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2013
Kamsy10:

Last time I checked, somebody vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable. So why GEJ fix what he ddnt start

Last time I checked, this is a LIE!
PROVE THAT he said so

Right now, a senator Ita Ewang is saying that ILLEGAL (he calls them modular) refineries (which he admit get their crude oil from thieves) should be recognised

Nobody is saying anything about that
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by erad(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2013
Whatever makes Buhari fall for this cheap blackmail and involve himself with this BH thing signifies his end as a breathing man. The government has set a trap that in any case, Buhari can't win if he involves himself.

Every right thinking logical Nigerian knows BH is a Jonathan affair... If Buhari decides to involve himself, one or all of these scenerios will play out...

1) He starts the dialogue, BH agrees and everybody fully welcomes earlier accusations that he is a BH sponsor since no other avenue has worked so far except his confirming the fact that he actually knows their whereabouts, thereby ruining his reputation silently forever. He loses relevance in the political scene and fades away.

2) He ends up being killed even if its by unassociated assassins and all blame is put on BH while Buhari is probably given a Hero's burial(for dying in the name of national security) or not depending on whichever mood the presidency is(which i really don't care much about)... but then, he'll be eliminated forever from the political scene as a competitor. Lets face it, as irrelevant as we claim Buhari is, he is the sole person standing in the way of PDP's control over most of the north.

Jonathan and his co-horts have being reading a lot of books about power... this is a totally wrong application. too obvious and whatever makes me see these possibilities as an ordinary civilian means Buhari will see alot more given his military background.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by honeric01(m): 8:11am On Apr 03, 2013
BetaThings:

Last time I checked, this is a LIE!
PROVE THAT he said so

Right now, a senator Ita Ewang is saying that ILLEGAL (he calls them modular) refineries (which he admit get their crude oil from thieves) should be recognised

Nobody is saying anything about that

On national TV for that matter. imagine what a senator is saying.

When he was asked why then are JTF there to arrest these people, he said to stop them and punish them, now ask me, why then do you want to punish someone you want to recognize/give license to refine crude?
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by honeric01(m): 8:11am On Apr 03, 2013
erad: Whatever makes Buhari fall for this cheap blackmail and involve himself with this BH thing signifies his end as a breathing man. The government has set a trap that in any case, Buhari can't win if he involves himself.

Every right thinking logical Nigerian knows BH is a Jonathan affair... If Buhari decides to involve himself, one or all of these scenerios will play out...

1) He starts the dialogue, BH agrees and everybody fully welcomes earlier accusations that he is a BH sponsor since no other avenue has worked so far except his confirming the fact that he actually knows their whereabouts, thereby ruining his reputation silently forever. He loses relevance in the political scene and fades away.

2) He ends up being killed even if its by unassociated assassins and all blame is put on BH while Buhari is probably given a Hero's burial(for dying in the name of national security) or not depending on whichever mood the presidency is(which i really don't care much about)... but then, he'll be eliminated forever from the political scene as a competitor. Lets face it, as irrelevant as we claim Buhari is, he is the sole person standing in the way of PDP's control over most of the north.

Jonathan and his co-horts have being reading a lot of books about power... this is a totally wrong application. too obvious and whatever makes me see these possibilities as an ordinary civilian means Buhari will see alot more given his military background.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by idriis: 8:14am On Apr 03, 2013
Ijogz K: He should go to their hide out to persuade them, shocked

You want Buhari dead we all know, but that's not the best way to go about it na? Haba!!!

Power no be do or die! Y do u want him to commit suicide?

Abi since when dd Boko boys start to dey look face
don't mind the slowpokes! Dem want make our future president go kpai oh Make GEJ send PEJ and Sambo na. Okupe park well jorangry
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by BetaThings: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2013
EMMA BC: what d heck do you mean? Did Buhari not say such? Are u trying to defend evil? You must be one of Yobs who 've sworn to be licking Buhari's and northerner's buttocks as long as they remain safe in d country

Buhari did not say it
The real evil is politicising the mindelss massacre of innocent Nigerians
The real evil is attributing (FOR POLITICAL REASONS) to someone statement he did not make
The evil is exploiting a crisis for political and ethnic gain
Do you remember what Azazi said?
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by tpapi: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2013
Okupe u r d true son of ur father,God punish devil
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Alhasan1(m): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2013
It was Napoleon Hill who said," Action is the real measure of intelligence". I can say vehemently that doyin and Jonatan(burnt completely) are cantankerous, belligerent, pugnacious, combative, splenetic. They(jona and doyin) lack common sense. Why are they talking without making any trial against Gen Buhari. Instead of admitting to being incompetent, they are making a noise. If God wills, Doyin and his boss will never step Aso Rock after 2015 . Although some Nigerians are gullible to d extent that if jona and his trickly people start distributing 2 kongo of rice and 5yards of ankara they have 4gotten about d issue of SUBSIDY. Suffering has been with them as long as PDP(PICK DUMP PARTY) rules Nigeria. I av shared my view. It is one Chinese proverb that says: scrinchon chin chon chin kinchon konkikon, meaning(when u say one d clever people understand three)
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by dokunbam(m): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2013
Dialogue with the devil?
Is like selling your soul to the devil
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by danot1030: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2013
malc619: Okukpe is‎​ a shameless LIAR!!

cool cool

No sir, on this one Okupe is on course. I am not GEJ fan but Buhari has definitely gone too far going to BCC to blackmail the government on what he had provoked with his utterance and he has failed to offer a voice for cease fire to the morons, he should be ashamed,he is not fit to be a leader not to talk of being a president.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by macnicks: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2013
Okpukpe is found of playing dirt games. Does buhari know the boko haram men? He said buhari should persuade them as if he know the bokos. Buhari is the man that can transform this country among the notable politicians. I am from the south and also a christian but we have to tell ourselves the truth. I had trust in Jonathan but he has not changed yet. Why must he recycled aninie instead of fixing the power. He is just interested in winning election rather than restoring the country to glory. Jonathan has the capacity to restore this country but the bad eggs around him is the problem Nigerians has.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by BetaThings: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2013
black_beau: Buhari is certainly not curtailing any violence until he or another northener is made president,then they will end the violence.that will serve as their 'great achievement'. As you know every President needs his an achievement to brag about. And as for the whole Amnesty thing,I think it would be in the countrys best interest if it is not granted,because if it is,who is to say that I or anyone else won't start a terrorist group,knowing eventually we will be pardoned?

Was Yaradua a southerner?

At least Boko Haram attacked under his government and he had to kill their leader!
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by TableLeg(m): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2013
Sealeddeal: If i were buhari,i will be useful to my people but its very unfortunate that Buhari has successfully become a waste of space.
Waste of space? How so?
Please come back and explain why you think he is a waste of space ....
If you cant, with valid points, then you are a fu...cking bastard!
If you must come and open your mouth recklessly and spew nonsense on a public forum, you must be able to defend your reasoning..... Till then, i think you are a dweeb with nothing but air in your head!
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by TableLeg(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2013
I am not surprised by what is coming out of Okupe's mouth.... A shameless, disrespectful and idio...tic human being!
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by shiftmarket(m): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2013
I could have sworn that i heard that Boko Haram would end in june 2012, maybe am imagining things again.
shocked shocked
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2013
I don't know what ''Okupe'' actually means but it some Yoruba Dialect 'OKUPE' =FAILURE!!!!
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by BetaThings: 8:28am On Apr 03, 2013
erad: Whatever makes Buhari fall for this cheap blackmail and involve himself with this BH thing signifies his end as a breathing man. The government has set a trap that in any case, Buhari can't win if he involves himself.

At least says it is PDP affair!

erad:

2) He (Buhari) ends up being killed even if its by unassociated assassins and all blame is put on BH while Buhari is probably given a Hero's burial(for dying in the name of national security) or not depending on whichever mood the presidency is(which i really don't care much about)... but then, he'll be eliminated forever from the political scene as a competitor. Lets face it, as irrelevant as we claim Buhari is, he is the sole person standing in the way of PDP's control over most of the north.

You are really thinking, thinking and thinking
Okupe is a criminal who wants to make political profit from the corpses of Nigerians
These guys don't care about Peace
They want the crisis to rage till 2015. If Buhari really HAD the clout to stop Boko Haram, is this the way a patriotic government will go about enlisting his help?
You either persuade him to help or FORCE him. You are not C-in-C of the Armed forces for nothing

erad:

Don't mind them. Buhari can see through all of that.
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Ljboy(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2013
malc619: Okukpe is‎​ a shameless LIAR!!

cool cool
....Liar in d sence that
Re: Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:33am On Apr 03, 2013
I thot buhari is a christain....when did he convert??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

RE: Understanding Buhari In 100 Days, Dissecting Garba Shehu's Deceptive Piece / Yahaya Bello Cancels Okene Trip, Hides To Evade EFCC Arrest - Sahara Reporters / PDP Primaries: Sorting Of Ballots Ongoing As Ortom Takes Unassailable Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.