Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi (6129 Views)

It's Time For REVOLUTION! / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2013
will he be part of it or run away like our nadeco friends during june 12?
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2013
It is now glaring that El rufai is Amechi's role model. The difference is that while El rufai could be said to be intelligent, Amechi is not.
Isn't this reminiscent of the kinda statement Buhari makes?
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Chrisdavis: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2013
Truth can come from least expected places. In as much as he said so.people aren't ready to take on their rights.i call this a paradox i can relate this to power with the nature of how it is distributed yet people pays handsomely for what they never enjoyed maximally it is pathetic.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by gudugudumeje: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2013
If u r not timid and looking for gold to dig everywhere, why r u in PDP whr u join forces with oppressors to frustrate all progressive moves? why not AD, ACN, or, Gani Fawehinmi's party? The next immediate future will prove ur sincerity of purpose. OR, deceitfulness....
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by dj187: 11:57am On Apr 08, 2013
Even IBB admitted it, in his word '' If only i realized earlier that nigerians are bunch of noise makers i wouldn't have relinquished power''. General Abacha noticed it in time & took advantage of it if not for the cold hands of death. Nigerian youths in the year 1998 held seminars & rallies to extol the benefit of ABACHISM there by forming the infamous Nigeria: Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha (YEAA) amid the suffering and atrocities being perpetrated by the Abacha regime
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
deandavid: Look who is talking, Nigerians can never carryout revolution, not because we are timid, but its God doing, in my church we pray everyday for Nigeria in distress, you thing God does answer prayer? Nigerians i will say are the most religious people in world,hence God is closer to Nigeria, Nigeria of today isnt the Nigeria of 2012, we are moving forward, we will definitely get there. My prayer isnt revolution anymore, because i have got hope for a better Nigeria.
I hate it when people say God is closer to Nigeria. You mean God is closer to Nigeria than it is to saner countries like Denmark, Norway etc. Inshort, religious fanatics like you are the cause of all this rubbish going on in the country. A problem u can easily tackle by yourself u waste precious time praying to God to help u tackle it. FYI am a christian just like u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by kandiikane(m): 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
deandavid: Look who is talking, Nigerians can never carryout revolution, not because we are timid, but its God doing, in my church we pray everyday for Nigeria in distress, you thing God does answer prayer? Nigerians i will say are the most religious people in world,hence God is closer to Nigeria, Nigeria of today isnt the Nigeria of 2012, we are moving forward, we will definitely get there. My prayer isnt revolution anymore, because i have got hope for a better Nigeria.

Yes, sit and keep hoping. God will come do the dirty work for you.

@topic, we need to cut off democracy. It isn't working for Africa. It will never work.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by cap28: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
Michaeljones36: Blacks are used to subjugation and slavery.

This is the truth.
so why did the black africans of Haiti emancipate themselves from slavery in 1804?

[b]The Haitian Revolution (1791–1804) was a slave revolt in the French colony of Saint-Domingue, which culminated in the elimination of slavery there and the founding of the Haitian republic. The Haitian Revolution was the only slave revolt which led to the founding of a state. The revolution was one of the two successful attempts, along with the American Revolution, to achieve permanent independence from a European colonial power for an American state before the 19th century. Furthermore, it is generally considered the most successful slave rebellion ever to have occurred in the Americas and as a defining moment in the history of Africans in the New World.
Although an independent government was created in Haiti, its society continued to be deeply affected by the patterns established under French colonial rule. Because many planters had provided for their mixed-race children by African women by giving them education and (for men) training and entrée into the French military, the mulatto descendants became the elite in Haiti after the revolution. By the time of war, many had used their social capital to acquire wealth, and some already owned land. Some had identified more with the French colonists than the slaves.
Their domination of politics and economics after the revolution created another two-caste society, as most Haitians were rural subsistence farmers.[1] In addition, the nascent state's future was practically compromised when in the 1820s as it was forced to make massive reparations to French slaveholders in order to receive French recognition and end the nation's political and economic isolation.[2] These payments may have permanently affected Haiti's economy and wealth[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by bakynes(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Red-Light:
100% right
..blacks are cowards especially nigerians...
Those people shouting here that nigerians are not timid, ask them where they run to during subsidy protest that coulda lead to revolution... They will all tell u, nigeria dnt what dying for. They just go back home, eat full bowl of eba, and pray for changes..

the only time u'll see black man in action is when they insult his religion.. He is ready to die to safeguard the dirty religion that was given to him by his white, arab masters
Red light your my main man we have d same kind of mentality I ve been telling pple arnd me to come out for a revolution in this country because I have lived abroad and am back now and they way we are living in dis country is 100 percent suffering I see ow d british govt takes care of their pple.The issue of religion even the british that brought christianity to us don't even go to churches like we do over here am just so fed up ow long do we keep folding our arms and let d leading class of dis country destroy d future of dis nation and the future of our kids unborn
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Orikinla(m): 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Dear Bros Amaechi,
We are not too timid for a revolution, but we will not be used by political opportunists like you and your fellow political contractors to start a foolish revolution that will not favour the masses.
We are not fools. [/size]
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by cap28: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
bakynes: Red light your my main man we have d same kind of mentality I ve been telling pple arnd me to come out for a revolution in this country because I have lived abroad and am back now and they way we are living in dis country is 100 percent suffering I see ow d british govt takes care of their pple.The issue of religion even the british that brought christianity to us don't even go to churches like we do over here am just so fed up ow long do we keep folding our arms and let d leading class of dis country destroy d future of dis nation and the future of our kids unborn
The reason revolution will be very difficult to acheive in this country is because the british have used divide and conquer tactics to destroy us, ask yourself why the January 1966 Nzeogwu revolution did not work - Major Nzeogwu was a patriotic nigerian - born in the north of igbo origin but fluent in hausa - in fact he was more fluent in hausa than his native igbo, his fellow hausa officers regarded him as their brother but when push came to shove hausas were led to beleive that the january 1966 coup was an attempt by igbo officers to usurp power from the hausas who had been installed in the corridors of power by the british. The truth of the matter is that Nzeogwu was nigeria's version of Gamal Abdel Nasser - former and late president of egypt - Nasser was a former army colonel who led the Egyptian revolution of 1952 which succeeded in removing the pro british monarchy from power. Until nigerians find a selfless nationalist leader like Nzeogwu there is no hope for the future of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by ikeyman00(m): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
@@@@

i think the revolution should start with the governor himself

he should start by accounting for all fund the state received and how it is spent as well

how much is spent on a project as well as the break-downs

nothing like that in the history of NIgeria

wat a revolution that will be!

we are still waiting for that master piece
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Dede1(m): 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
@Rotimi

I say thanks to Rotimi for informing us his father is from a distance land and he (Rotimi) is equally not a Nigerian.

Nigerians are not timid and definitely not foolish as Rotimi would have wanted. Please Rotimi kick off whatever you have in mind as revolution even if it is a public disturbance, I shall be in Ubima for support.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by hotwax: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
He is right. Nigerians are the worst coward animals I have ever seen. Even boko-harams throw bombs and run away.
Boko-haram only attack and kill civilians.

Nigeria is one of the poorest country in Africa, not in the world this time. Yet, Nigeria only go to church to pray God should change things magically. Is that how he changed Israel ?
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
glen87: Let me use this opportunity to plead with Amaechi to talk to the PHCN officials incharge of Rumuola around college of Art and Science to please give us light the way others have light. We don't enjoy 1hour light in two days. The worst area in light the whole world. I'm so fed up and is so frustrating. On the issue of evolution, amaechi in what area are you better of to be advising Nigerians. Rivers state is just PH for mouth nothing to show in your six years rule. r

Not only Rumuola, Rumukwuta, Mgbougba, Rumagholu. We are suffering here while others are enjoying light.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by kettykin: 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
this topic should have read " Some Nigerian are too timid for revolution"
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by jonot: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
Mr Governor, we hear you o. if revolution is so easy & you support it, why dont you start it? arent you a Nigerian yourself? talk is cheap o. we know your kind - very eager to ferment trouble but you'll spirit your family away even before the smell of wahala starts. God knows your house address
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by yhellow(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
What he said Ȋ̝̊̅§ true, govt will be doin something bad and some youth will be supporting it. The future Ȋ̝̊̅§ in our hand God will come down and help, W̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ will need 2fight 4our right even if Ȋ̝̊̅§ revolution.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by visalo: 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nigerians youth, don
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by visalo: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Please don`t be fool. Amechi is just a political jobber. now that things are not going his way, He is shouting and talking of revolution. can some one ask Amechi if there was a protest in portharcourt during the fuel subsidy removal. for those supporting him, do you know how much is rivers state allocation. can he prove what he has use the allocation for. All the projects in rivers state are substandard. as for me he is one of the worst governor. Much money coming to the state but little or nothing to show for it. He is shouting of revolution and since the inception of this new democrazy, he has be fully involve. 8 years as rivers speaker and no meaningfull action to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by stantob(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Amechi,I'm ready for the revolution.Bring your family lets start it undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by dasparrow: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
hotwax: He is right. Nigerians are the worst coward animals I have ever seen. Even boko-harams throw bombs and run away.
Boko-haram only attack and kill civilians.

Nigeria is one of the poorest country in Africa, not in the world this time. Yet, Nigeria only go to church to pray God should change things magically. Is that how he changed Israel ?

Don't mind them. Nigerians know how to run to church to listen to the word of God but the average Nigerian does not apply what they learned in church to their daily lives and how they treat others. The only time the average Nigerian flexes muscles is when it comes to their obsession with relationships and marriage. Other than that, the average Nigerian is like a vegetable, just sitting there suffering and smiling while raising their battalions of offspring in darkness and extreme hardship.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by musiwa23: 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
you make me laugh amachie and goodluck are school. does that look likr revolution to you. political game because thier party is suffering in the poll. it is now 14 years..
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by OneNaira6: 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
Amaechi mechionu gi. let the Ogoni people go and create their own republic like they want to and even defend them against any attacks that would come from FG because of their action. after doing so, then we'll know you are being realistic. as of now, you're part of the problem so sssssssssssssssh
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by fuck419: 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
No doubt that Amaechi is not with his senses.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by fuck419: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dear me with the right weapon and see what I am born to do. Haha
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by kinethic: 4:15am On Apr 09, 2013
I don't know the age range of all the contributors here but I can see that most of us are myopic.
For a man with affluence and political power like Amaechi to publicly declare that we are timid it means they know all our mind sets .
He is absolutely right Nigerians are cowards ,Idiots.. They knew what we can and can't do.
Shame on you Amaechi , shame on you Nigerians ,shame on you GEJ,shame on every contributors here including me.
Nigerians are IDIOTs and Cowards.. God is waiting for us..
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Raymondgabriel(m): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2013
pryd: Amaechi might not be the right person to say it but i believe we Nigerians are actually timid.
We prefer to occupy our minds with trivial issues(like the recent wedding in Dubai).
Our politicians are aware of this, that's exactly why they take us for granted...it's so sad.

9ice idea bt 4rm d wrongest person.if we shud go by his suggestions,we ought 2 start 4rm d local level, governors(dictators) ,selfish n greedy senators b4 d president...
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Ephraimatic(m): 10:16am On Apr 09, 2013
kinethic: I don't know the age range of all the contributors here but I can see that most of us are myopic.
For a man with affluence and political power like Amaechi to publicly declare that we are timid it means they know all our mind sets .
He is absolutely right Nigerians are cowards ,Idiots.. They knew what we can and can't do.
Shame on you Amaechi , shame on you Nigerians ,shame on you GEJ,shame on every contributors here including me.
kinethic: I don't know the age range of all the contributors here but I can see that most of us are myopic.
- will u stop insulting people here? R u a beast?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by jflexi: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
am in for Nigerian Revolution....infact if we cant come out publicly for now, we can do it in cyberspace, that is the internet. Flooding comments, blogs, news websites both nigerian and international....floding facebook, tweeter etc with revolutionary ideas and concepts.....ranting our frustrations. At least for a start....we might get a sponsor for public revolution.....the questions is: ARE U GUYS READY FOR A CHANGE ? If u are lets do it soldiers......start ur own revolution now.....!!!
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by Dibiachukwu: 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
Nigerian revolution is a day dream. Nigerians don't even like themselves. Any revolution should only limited to individual states or regions. Other than that, I pity the fool that would die for such a quest.
Re: Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi by truthisbitter: 12:54am On Apr 11, 2013
The man no lie na. Nigerians are cowards. Period.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Oriental Hotel In V.I Bigger Than Dasuki's Alleged Building. / Breaking News. See The Number Of PVC Collected In The Unit For Rerun On Thursday / Joke Sanwo-Olu: We Are Determined To Stamp Out Gender-Based Violence In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.