Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. (21087 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ba7man(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
Look at the American building project and imagine the number of low income earners that will reside in it......Now look at the LASG housing project and picture the number of Mid-income earners that will reside in it. I don't know about you but I'll choose living in the LASG housing project in Ikeja GRA any day than living in the American one in America.

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Edmanpumpin(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
muyiwah666: “My connection with Lagos is deep and longstanding. Although I come from across the Niger, I started my career in Lagos and I have been married for over 50 years to a native of Lagos, from Egba precisely.”.

Good work from the Governor...but Anyaoku should know better.....EGBA IS NOT LAGOS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...AND LAGOS IS NOT EGBA...
Lagos state is made up of the awori's, ijebu's, egun's and egba's
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
ba7man: Let me differentiate between an American low cost project and this one for you all. You see that Okija juju's pixs?? An American low cost project block can house more than 50 apartments per block with its inhabitants living in close proximity to each other thus leading to over-crowding and resulting in a crime infested environment but this LASG's housing contains 6 apartments per block so conjestion and over-crowding is avoided. I know this b'cos i'm an Architect. They teach this in Architectural Psychology courses.
So you wanna tell me there is no crime in LASG houses? You no know say thief dey climb ceiling enter pesin house? If you are talking of congestion, Only the heat and power failure is enough to roast someone alive. Even with cross ventilation btw not all the buildings are cross ventilated, the heat is terrible. I live in a Jakande Estate so i know what am saying.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ba7man(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
berem: So you wanna tell me there is no crime in LASG houses? You no know say thief dey climb ceiling enter pesin house? If you are talking of congestion, Only the heat and power failure is enough to roast someone alive. Even with cross ventilation btw not all the buildings are cross ventilated, the heat is terrible. I live in a Jakande Estate so i know what am saying.
You're more likely to sell hard drugs, used hard drugs, engage in prostitution, be a victim of violent crimes eg stabbing and violent assults with weapons,r.ape or get shot in an American project. They kill in American projects and the police does nothing about it. To those celebrating American projects, if that's what you want for your lives, keep wishing them on yourselves but I'll prefer to live in the LASG housing estates in GRA Ikeja than be exposed to all the social ills that come with living in those American projects.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
ba7man: You're more likely to sell hard drugs, used hard drugs, engage in prostitution, be a victim of violent crimes eg stabbing and violent assults with weapons,r.ape or get shot in an American project.
all these you mentioned except prostitution is happening in my estate. so what's the diff? there is constant raid on the miscreants by police in America but here it's totally different. Police officers are also involved in the crimes.So there is no difference.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ba7man(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
berem: all these you mentioned except prostitution is happening in my estate. so what's the diff? there is constant raid on the miscreants by police in America but here it's totally different. Police officers are also involved in the crimes.So there is no difference.
I know your estate very well and it can never be compared to what you have in the American projects. Have you seen crack fiends before?? Or girls that sleep with guys for crack?? Trust me, the guys in you estate don't walk around with guns tucked in their trousers. They are pooossy cats compared to what you get in the American projects.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by stevecantrell: 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
Another run down Dolphin estate in the making..
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by muyiwah666(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
Edmanpumpin:
Lagos state is made up of the awori's, ijebu's, egun's and egba's

very very wrong....Lagos state consist,AND NOT made up of different tribes..THE ONES U MENTIONED ABOVE AND OTHERS...like d igbos..hausas...i am from Lagos and i know the egbas are from Abeokuta and the environs....THE EGBAS ARE DISTINCT FROM THE EGUNS AND D AWORIS BECAUSE THE AWORIS AND D EGUNS SHARES D BORDER TOWNS OF OGUN AND LAGOS STATE...THE EGBAS HAVE THEIR LANDS IN THE HEART OF OGUN STATE KNOWN AS EGBALAND.....SAME THING FOR THE IJEBUS...WE HAVE SETTLERS IN LAGOS STATE BUT LAGOSIANS KNOW THEMSELVES..AND THE SETTLERS KNOW THEIR STATES...
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
ba7man: Let me differentiate between an American low cost project and this one for you all. You see that Okija juju's pixs?? An American low cost project block can house more than 50 apartments per block with its inhabitants living in close proximity to each other thus leading to over-crowding and resulting in a crime infested environment but this LASG's housing contains 6-8 apartments per block so conjestion and over-crowding is avoided. I know this b'cos i'm an Architect. They teach this in Architectural Psychology courses.

Well, tell you Architectural Psychology Prof. U need a refund.... not all of it, just partial refund.

Just kidding.

Yes, apartment builidings here (not just projects) usually do house 50 Apartments or more (usually waaaaaayyyyy mooooore). Why is this so? When you have, say, 30 different 15 story buildings and in each building you have 200 Apartments with 2-3 bedrooms in them; do a quick calculation how many people/families youve saved from being homeless.

The real "Projects" are sometimes crime infested, but this is not specifically due to "over-crowding" per se, but mostly due to the kinds of people that are dumped there.... usually the dregs, poor and largely uneducated of the society. Most of these buildings are "population" regulated so you cant just have an infinite amount of people living in ur home, if u do and the Regulatory Board finds out, youre getting evicted.

Lagos has a population of (give or take) 13million, how many people are going to to be saved from homelessness by building 8 or 12 or even 300 Apartments? While this is a noble gesture by Fashola, I would advice that he take the same approach hes taking with the tolls/trains etc and reach some kind of agreement with Private Groups to build Mega Apartment buildings, preferably, on the outskirts of Lagos. This will not only provide homes for people that might need them, but also go to depopulate "core" Lagos and create another economic avenue outside of the center of the city.

P.S: This is by far one of the best and most modern looking building Ive seen built by a Govt anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by tpia5: 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
Innovative design, hope other states and corporations will follow suit.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by tairat(f): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
Heard each unit costs N28m originally from LASG and cost N50m from individuals reselling. Low-cost housing indeed!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ekoilee: 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
tairat: Heard each unit costs N28m originally from LASG and cost N50m from individuals reselling. Low-cost housing indeed!

Quit spreading rumor..
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by musiwa23: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
you are talking of 10 building...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of 8 flat for a city of 20 million... you make me laugh fashola go kill person.. 10 building that you now invite guests. my belle is paining me for laughing .
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Venchy: 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
Not Bad at all but my worries is the Location, clearly it's not for Ordinary people, maintenance is another issue unless there is a service charge to maintain some tenant or Landlord nuisance.

This type of project would have been perfect in poor area to signify the regeneration of other areas and not established ones, another conservative idea for the RICH, Definitely this can't be affordable to poor people.

Lastly, is there any Landscape for recreation,everywhere i go is full of concrete, No Trees, No more Sports ground or Park for both adult and young one to enjoy or exercise apart from what the British left behind, this is an area where our leaders are Lacking.

Well done Mr FASH, EKO ONI BAJE OO, OTIE BAJE TI.

Local Government CHAIRMEN, please WAKE UP, we are tired of corner shops.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Venchy: 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: which crap constructions do u see in Nigeria? Where d hell are u staying?
Some people can talk trash!

My broda, there are lots of Crap building in Nigeria, i was born there, we have the space but we don't make use of it, majority of the landlords are not following the government regulations but doing their own thing.....most houses looks like a prison, no vent and escape route or fire exit.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ba7man(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2013
musiwa23: you are talking of 10 building...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of 8 flat for a city of 20 million... you make me laugh fashola go kill person.. 10 building that you now invite guests. my belle is paining me for laughing .
Which one have you built that you're condemning another person's effort. All you do is sit in the US and brag about who and what you know. When will you contribute your quota to the development of this nation??
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Gbawe1: 9:57am On Apr 11, 2013
Mods, why was I banned on page 2 with my regular user name of Gbawe? This ban thing is becoming too regular and making this forum very unwieldy and off-putting to use. It was fine to get banned by the spambot once in a few months but now it is literally every other day. You guys need to look into the filters. The other thing is that, unlike before, you mods no longer reinstate validated posts when bans are lifted. You guys have all gotten lazy and borderline incompetent. Sort it out you lot.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]lol!!

Okay. I do pay my taxes, infact, it is deducted at source before it gets to me sef. I have been paying for over 2 years now.

Secondly, I am not aware of any such thing as Local Government taxes here in Nigeria. And please dont be decieved, the Local Governments make a shiitload of money in Nigeria. Question is what have they done with all those monies. Do you know that every small business owner in each state has to pay Local government levies (some even have to pay them daily) for things ranging from sanitation to sticker levies?! Even Hawkers and roadside sellers are not excluded from these taxes and levies. I lived in Obio Apkor LGA of Rivers State for years, this was at some point the richest LGA in Nigeria. Question is what did they do with the billions of Naira they were realizing?!

Thirdly, T.V License?! I havent watched terrestial T.V in over 20 years. Till tomorrow, people cant even recieve NTA in Port-Harcourt. Ask for Rivers State T.V, that one na dead matter.

Finally! I am simply pointing out that 'The Projects' a.k.a Low Income housing in the U.S is gonna look like VGC in Nigeria. grin[/b]

You're actually making sense bro!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
Gbawe1: Mods, why was I banned on page 2 with my regular user name of Gbawe? This ban thing is becoming too regular and making this forum very unwieldy and off-putting to use. It was fine to get banned by the spambot once in a few months but now it is literally every other day. You guys need to look into the filters. The other thing is that, unlike before, you mods no longer reinstate validated posts when bans are lifted. You guys have all gotten lazy and borderline incompetent. Sort it out you lot.

you?!! banned!!! whatever for
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by vixen2013: 1:47pm On May 20, 2013
I would like to find out, how much does a flat at Emeka Anyaoku Ikeja estate cost.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by itstpia8: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
about N2.5 mil according to this site:

https://www.facebook.com/housemata1/posts/286330841570443

for a 4 bedroom flat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timipre Silva Pledges To Work For Better Oil, Gas Sector / Valentine Ozigbo Debunks ₦‎2 Billion Naira CAN Donation From Peter Obi (Video) / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.