Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. (21088 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ninja4life(m): 10:01am On Apr 10, 2013
Mediocrity at its best
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:02am On Apr 10, 2013
Dreyl: this is lovely.fashola thumbs up to you
are i well?
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2013
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola must be a hero! Most infrastructure in Lagos are named after him.

Health center at Okunola Egbeda
Iyana Ipaja market
The main block of Egbe -Idimu LCDA and so on has Ogbeni 's name written in gold. wonderful!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: which crap constructions do u see in Nigeria? Where d hell are u staying?
Some people can talk trash!

If you havent seen or cant identify crap construction then you shut up!!

They abound all over Nigeria, especially in Government housing projects.. In Port-Harcourt, I can list some;

1. Trans-Amadi Gardens Estate.. The building were so badly built that many people who bought those houses had to redo almost the whole danm building. Electricity issues, plumbing issues, hollow walls, e.t.c.

2. Odilis low cost housing project (Azikiwe Road)

and many more..
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2013
I'm sorry, but I see nothing worth commending. Nigerians have ben denied basic amenities for so long that when the leaders decide to give them scraps off their table they shout for joy and sing their praises. I call it Capital Brainwash.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

If you havent seen or cant identify crap construction then you shut up!!

They abound all over Nigeria, especially in Government housing projects.. In Port-Harcourt, I can list some;

1. Trans-Amadi Gardens Estate.. The building were so badly built that many people who bought those houses had to redo almost the whole danm building. Electricity issues, plumbing issues, hollow walls, e.t.c.

2. Odilis low cost housing project (Azikiwe Road)

and many more..
you ain't far from the truth sha. The estate where i live is quite old but the newly constructed flats in the same estate is an apology. the buildings got no pillars and the older buildings are stronger than the new ones. The old ones have balcony while the new buildings have no balcony. to make the situation worse, each of the new flats is sold at 8 million naira per flat or 300k per annum as rent . This is why i still love Festac Town houses built by foreign contractors back in the 70's.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2013
berem: you ain't far from the truth sha. The estate where i live is quite old but the newly constructed flats in the same estate is an apology. the buildings got no pillars and the older buildings are stronger than the new ones. The old ones have balcony while the new buildings have no balcony. to make the situation worse, each of the new flats is sold at 8 million naira per flat or 300k per annum. This is why i still love Festac houses built by foreign contractors back in the 70's.

[b]8 Million na small money na..

Trans- Amadi Garden as at the time I lived there was selling the Semi-Detached for 35 Million. By the time you finish doing the modifications and repairs on the house, you would have spent another 3 - 5 million. One man actually knocked down all the walls in the house because whenever you try to put a nail in the wall, the nail falls into a hole. It was like they used 1 bag of Cement to mould 500 blocks. One other guys house, he suffered so much electricity issues that he decided to rewire his house. When the new electrician started pulling out wires, come and see joinings inside the walls. Ask for water!! Dont bother. The Estate was suppoed to have a central water system. That one is an abandoned project till date, so the contractor sunk boreholes in each house. The one in our house was producing brown water and the same was the case for many others who had to re-sink their boreholes to greater depths. I swear, Trans-Amadi gardens was a horrible experience. My father had to sell off his own house and move.

Guess how much it is to rent that crap?! 2.5 million per annum.. angry [/b]
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Guk: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2013
bigfat10: [size=15pt]AND THIS HOUSES ARE NEVER FOR THE MASSES ...[/size]

Where were you when he commissioned the ones for the masses Instead of you to find out how you can own yours, you are still talking
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by wola44: 10:21am On Apr 10, 2013
Please we should ask the Governor how much per unit ? and is the flat build for poor people ?

May God help us.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by farem: 10:28am On Apr 10, 2013
Anyaoku, a real and de-tribalised Nigerian. International stateman. So different from whining elders like...
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by abokinside: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2013
Well done gov Fashola. Atleast he is doing something to tackle the housing problem in lagos. How do we explain that of the federal government that controls 57% of all the nations resources, it has the ministry of housing, federal housing authority, federal mortgage bank yet they are not building nothing. Because the chunk of the nations resources is domiciled with the fg, no matter how well some states try, a crook and indolent FG will always continue to draw us back. The ACN as part of its manifesto during the 2011 elections promised to build 1million housing unit in their first four years, but alas people could not be bothered, all they want was fresh air, not even promise of housing for all will deter them from " the fresh air" . Most nigerians spend the most part of their income on housing, atleast those of us that live in abuja, I will vote for any party that will guarantee good mortgage facility for decent houses at a very affordable subsidised price. Build world class hospitals and provide quality education for my children even if the president is from pluto.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by anonimi: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2013
Will the Chief ePropaganda Asst. oblige us by updating his story with the following information:

* Cost of the construction contract for the estate?
* Is it for medium or high income earners?
* Cost of each four bedroom duplex in the housing "project" aka civilian barracks?
* How many years it will take the highest paid civil servant in LASG to repay a mortgage for ONE duplex based on his current legitimate salary?
* Is there pipe borne water supply guaranateed for 24hrs every day or na BYOI i.e. bring your own infrastructure such as borehole plus water tank reservoir?

Mediocrity (Average performance) Incorporated masquerading as "Centre of Excellence".
What can one expect after 14 years of their party slogan:

[size=13pt]Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo - Chop up & inside pocket.[/size]

Bunch of mega rogues forming a mega alliance for "sharing" Niger Delta oil revenue at the federal level.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by cytellProperty: 10:33am On Apr 10, 2013
Good reward for a good man. Welldone Sir.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]8 Million na small money na..

Trans- Amadi Garden as at the time I lived there was selling the Semi-Detached for 35 Million. By the time you finish doing the modifications and repairs on the house, you would have spent another 3 - 5 million. One man actually knocked down all the walls in the house because whenever you try to put a nail in the wall, the nail falls into a hole. It was like they used 1 bag of Cement to mould 500 blocks. One other guys house, he suffered so much electricity issues that he decided to rewire his house. When the new electrician started pulling out wires, come and see joinings inside the walls. Ask for water!! Dont bother. The Estate was suppoed to have a central water system. That one is an abandoned project till date, so the contractor sunk boreholes in each house. The one in our house was producing brown water and the same was the case for many others who had to re-sink their boreholes to greater depths. I swear, Trans-Amadi gardens was a horrible experience. My father had to sell off his own house and move.

Guess how much it is to rent that crap?! 2.5 million per annum.. angry [/b]
I dey craze wey i go use 35 million buy government house? I rather use the money buy land, building to my taste, get a C of O, change go remain sef. Nonsense! The most stupidest thing i wont do is to buy a Government built house!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by cytellProperty: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2013
Good reward for a good man. Well-done Sir.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by anonimi: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2013
abokinside: Well done gov Fashola. Atleast he is doing something to tackle the housing problem in lagos.

Just the right attitude, innit
"At least he is doing something" so let's forget the cost to the taxpayers and whether it is the BEST and most importatnt PRIORITY for the tax payers and residents of Lagos state on whose behalf he collects from the monthly almajiri begging bowl gathering in Abuja for federal allocation.
No wonder we are still so backward and we are still having brain drain to the UK, US, Canada, Australia etc.

Mugus Unlimited!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by truthcom: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

This is what Housing in the Projects look like hommie..

COMPARE...

You should compare what the government revenue in US or UK is with Nigeria Government revenue too. Just hail this man. He is the best performing governor in the whole of Africa. I live in UK and I know what huge revenue ordinary Council (like local government) are realising in UK here compare to Nigeria local governments. When last if at all did you paid tax to your local government council in 9ja My monthly Council tax here is around 125 pound (about N31,000). What about the TV Licence for watching TV

Mehn, we can't compare how things are run in those countries with ours. Economic situations in those countries are better and stable.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2013
all bought-up from day one angry
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2013
truth.com:

You should compare what the government revenue in US or UK is with Nigeria Government revenue too.

My point is that what the U.S calls 'The Projects" would be luxury apartments in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by farem: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2013
muyiwah666: “My connection with Lagos is deep and longstanding. Although I come from across the Niger, I started my career in Lagos and I have been married for over 50 years to a native of Lagos, from Egba precisely.”.

Good work from the Governor...but Anyaoku should know better.....EGBA IS NOT LAGOS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...AND LAGOS IS NOT EGBA...
[color=#990000]
YOU CANT FAULT ANYAOKU IN THE USE OF WORDS IN ENGLISH. Native of also means 'related by birth'.
WHENEVER HE SPEAKS, DUE RESPECT MUST BE GIVEN TO HIM. Be a Secretary-Gen of the Commonwealth is not for slowpokes. Marrying for 50+ years means he knows what he's saying. Or DO YOU WANT HIM TO COME TO YOU TO ANALYSE HIS STATEMENTS?
I think these online teenagers/imbeciled should be quarantined for sanity sake!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by AustineE1: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2013
eggheaders:

foolglobe or whatever is it your progenitors choose to christened you numbskull.it will make sense for you to stop your sickening obsession of lagos and the Yoruba race.if only you can channel all the energy you use in hating yorubas into criticizing all the failures in the helm of affairs in your enclave.your folks wont be trooping out of your enclave in their millions.to places where they exteminate them for charity like there soul is more worthless than that of chicken.
...you are so pathetic,while others are either praising or criticising the outlook or durabilty of the project,you were busy insulting others,just to start your usual E-tribal war!i ve heard some stupid people speak before but am yet to see or hear anyone as dumb and senseless as you sound!no insult intended,just an honest judgement....meanwhile kudos to Fashola for the project and especially naming it after an African-great Emeka Anyaoku!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by truthcom: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

My point is that what the U.S calls 'The Projects" would be luxury apartments in Nigeria..

Well Understood, but still Project is Project! Wheather small or big...

KUDOS TO FASHOLA AND MY STATE GOVERNOR - AJIMOBI
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by prof2005: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2013
KUDOS to The Performing Governor...

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2013
truth.com:

You should compare what the government revenue in US or UK is with Nigeria Government revenue too. Just hail this man. He is the best performing governor in the whole of Africa. I live in UK and I know what huge revenue ordinary Council (like local government) are realising in UK here compare to Nigeria local governments. When last if at all did you paid tax to your local government council in 9ja My monthly Council tax here is around 125 pound (about N31,000). What about the TV Licence for watching TV

Mehn, we can't compare how things are run in those countries with ours. Economic situations in those countries are better and stable.

[b]lol!!

Okay. I do pay my taxes, infact, it is deducted at source before it gets to me sef. I have been paying for over 2 years now.

Secondly, I am not aware of any such thing as Local Government taxes here in Nigeria. And please dont be decieved, the Local Governments make a shiitload of money in Nigeria. Question is what have they done with all those monies. Do you know that every small business owner in each state has to pay Local government levies (some even have to pay them daily) for things ranging from sanitation to sticker levies?! Even Hawkers and roadside sellers are not excluded from these taxes and levies. I lived in Obio Apkor LGA of Rivers State for years, this was at some point the richest LGA in Nigeria. Question is what did they do with the billions of Naira they were realizing?!

Thirdly, T.V License?! I havent watched terrestial T.V in over 20 years. Till tomorrow, people cant even recieve NTA in Port-Harcourt. Ask for Rivers State T.V, that one na dead matter.

Finally! I am simply pointing out that 'The Projects' a.k.a Low Income housing in the U.S is gonna look like VGC in Nigeria. grin[/b]

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by donlyone(m): 11:02am On Apr 10, 2013
Good development really, I just think they should start using better building designs. Save for painting it looks like a building in the BARRACKS
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by muyiwah666(m): 11:05am On Apr 10, 2013
lol...let me ignore your insult and educate you for your own sake and that of your illiterate family and village......
precisely in this context as used by Anyaoku is like saying Oshodi precisely or Mushin precisely.....Egba is not the name of any town or village...it is a sub tribe of the yorubas in OGUN STATE............and i am sure you responded to my comment not because your porous brain can comprehend the stature of Anyaoku but because he is from your ZONE..and u needed to comment because another from another zone saw the slip....idiota !

farem: [color=#990000]
YOU CANT FAULT ANYAOKU IN THE USE OF WORDS IN ENGLISH. Native of also means 'related by birth'.
WHENEVER HE SPEAKS, DUE RESPECT MUST BE GIVEN TO HIM. Be a Secretary-Gen of the Commonwealth is not for slowpokes. Marrying for 50+ years means he knows what he's saying. Or DO YOU WANT HIM TO COME TO YOU TO ANALYSE HIS STATEMENTS?
I think these online teenagers/imbeciled should be quarantined for sanity sake!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by farem: 11:18am On Apr 10, 2013
Sadd-u-cee! SAD -U-CEE. Sight very alergic to see ONE good thing NATIONWIDE! What the heart desires is what the eyes see.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Amazing and Epic. Kudos to BRF.....
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by meforyou1(m): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2013
whoever is the admin that keeps removing my posts because it a response to yorubas insulting igbos. the man or woman should go and re-examine their brain
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2013
MajorJ: In america you know what this is called, they are called the projects, lowest/cheapest apartments, they are usually built with fake knockoff materials and usually end up being rundown in about 5 years from construction date, so i will say enjoy it while it lasts

Must you always show your ignorance? I am sure you live in a project thats why you can know one. A governor has tried and provided housing to his people and you are here displaying your ignorance. He hasnt said it the best housing project ever; he has done what his government can afford and what he thinks his people can afford and all you do is run it down because you are hustling in America working on a visitors visa.

Kudos to Fashola, I hope other governors can emulate what he is doing. Lagos is over populated so government must ensure decent and affordable housing for the people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Synagogue: Weapon Investigator Says Collapsed Building Was Attacked / Pulling Out Ceremony Of Joseph Mbu, Retired AIG / Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.