Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption (11208 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria / Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by OMITAF: 12:20am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by sheriffman(m): 12:33am On Apr 14, 2013
I watched the documentary with a heavy heart from start to finish and tears welled in my eyes when the video got to the part Ademola was killed.I must that so far I am disappointed by most responses here on this thread.cos they deviate from the real issues the video is trying to bring our attention to.We have mostly forgotten about January 2012 protest and have gone back to our comfort zone ,meanwhile talks have started circulating that they is another fuel subsidy removal being planned.
When will we stop fighting ourselves and start responding to issues?
Have we not suffered enough from the diversionary tactics of the ruling elites?
Please post and re-post the links to this video even if you cant post the video itself on all social sites you use.
Let this video go viral like OGA AT THE TOP DID.
Nigeria cannot remain like this,we deserve something better.

4 Likes

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Rgp92: 12:41am On Apr 14, 2013
Good job of FG. There are alot of proverty in Europe and asia, but you wont hear about it. Only thing they show on their TV is Africa Proverty. Im really surpise why many black people cant see this...
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Rgp92: Good job of FG. There are alot of proverty in Europe and asia, but you wont hear about it. Only thing they show on their TV is Africa Proverty. Im really surpise why many black people cant see this...
undecided and you really are very foolish

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Rgp92: 2:12am On Apr 14, 2013
lestat:
undecided and you really are very foolish

To be honest, you are the foolish one. We all know Nigeria is poor and shit, how does making a video about it helps?
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by NeoXVI: 2:27am On Apr 14, 2013
Rgp92:

To be honest, you are the foolish one. We all know Nigeria is poor and shit, how does making a video about it helps?

If nothing else, such videos document history, olodo. How would you know when u have your head stuffed into GEJ's an@l orifice?
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Rgp92: 2:31am On Apr 14, 2013
Neo-XVI:

If nothing else, such videos document history, olodo. How would you know when u have your head stuffed into GEJ's an@l orifice?

I know more than you. Abeg, think for once, how will this video stop corruption and poverty?!
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by oluwizard(m): 3:09am On Apr 14, 2013
BRB
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by 1forall: 4:32am On Apr 14, 2013
That man that described Nigeria as a country where fools rule over idiiots knew what he was saying, apparently.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Parnassuss(m): 7:06am On Apr 14, 2013
Neo-XVI:

I beg you guys, forget these trolls trying to derail the issue. They simply PICK FIGHTS AND ARGUMENTS TO DISTRACT US LIKE GEJ DID WITH FAROUK LAWAN ON SUBSIDY! It is their skill and passion, let us help to make this video go viral abeg.

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by nelsn(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2013
Y wont they ban such movie wen corruption have a nest there.....
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Litmus: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
Riba_man:

You are so out of touch vis-a-vis the dynamics of everyday reality, that the term "reality" ought to be redefined for you and your ilk.
Did you actually re-read what you posted here? This country must be doomed!
'Thanks' to Seun, this is a faceless forum. The anonymity it affords enables you type to spew your bigoted remarks without any proper soul searching.
Let me conclude: any Nigerian youth who thinks all is well with this country right now must be feeding fat from the national trough, and/or some family member of his/hers is eating more than their fair share of the national cake.

i haven't come across anyone that argued that all is right. For me,I'm implying that beating your chest about assumed corruption wont alleviate poverty in Nigeria.I'm arguing that people have to work hard, help one another, form cooperatives, be community spirited, bring business, banking and politics to a local level in order to lift themselves out of relative poverty. I am stating with very little doubt that the West through its Media
has purposefully or inadvertently created much of the relative poverty in Africa. It has done this by fooling poor people that their poverty is due to their leaders, elders,institutions, education systems and not due to their lack of discipline,ignorance, laziness, and unrealistic expectations - this last, foisted on them in the first place by the same Media portraying the West as a place of unparallelled virtue and honesty achieved, incidentally, by some magic process that did not evolve going through the same exploitation and poverty current in Africa. With the result that the ignorant poor eventually are moved by external and internal forces to destroy the very institutions that they need to safeguard, improve on etc, if they are to start on the road to relative prosperity.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2013
cronsberg: Please submit this documentary to Aljazeera(the only global news station that ain't afraid of showcasing thought provocking documentaries). Infact there is this really interesting four part documentary they're showing now called the '7 sisters' . its about how the 7 major oil conglamorates (shell, bp, Elf, total, chevron e.t.c) sponsored dictatoships for decades and in the mean time stealing oil from those countries. From iran to venezuela, sudan to libya, Nigeria to congo, the 7 sisters in collusion with CIA toppled leaders and installed dictators, they killed millions and stole billions, really thought provocking and interesting documentary.
So please submit this one to Aljazeera, upload it to youtube, burn it on millions of cd's and distribute it quitely. THE TRUTH MUST PREVAIL
in full support

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by factuallogik: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
There seem to be so many clueless people in this country, they are either clueless or major contributors or enablers of the root cause of the problem of the country.
A young fellow comes out and creates a documentary explicitly portraying in pictures the current state of the country showing that the government in no way care about the plight of people, and does a little bit to sensitize the common man about the root cause of the sad state of the country.
He does a little bit of mentality sensitization putting the current state of the country and the reasons in perspective and then tries to ensure that every Nigerian gets a copy of this in order for those that don't to know and get wiser.
The government then bans this video about the truth, nothing but the truth ; then some people come out and say that this action by the the government is right and brazenly support their dis-illusioned comments, this is the very definition of mediocrity, wickedness , illogicality and irrationality.

There is something called the truth, the only thing that can be done with the truth is for it to be accepted, the truth cant be changed, cant be influenced, it can only be accepted and acted upon.
This documentary is the very definition of the truth of our country, which everybody knows and which some people are trying to let those that don't know never get to know... then some silly people come out and say that the documentary should be banned.

THIS IS A VERY SAD SITUATION, WHEN PEOPLE CAN BRAZENLY AND BOLDLY UTTER ILLOGICAL AND IRRATIONAL COMMENTS IN PUBLIC TO DEFEND THE WORST OF ACTIONS IRRESPECTIVE OF THE GAINS THEY ARE BENEFITING FROM THE ONGOING WICKEDNESS THE LEADERS ARE PERPETRATING ON THE PEOPLE..... DIS IS SAD

THAT VIDEO NEEDS TO GO VIRAL.. FOR THOSE THAT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS BETTER.. THEY NEED TO EXPLAIN IN DETAILS TO THOSE THAT DONT KNOW

Evil only prevails when good men sit down and do nothing... if the people of Nigerian dont do anything about their situation.... its not the corrupt wicked government officials that have illegally amassed excessive amounts of wealth that will do anything... as long as the people do nothing, nothing will change....

Its purely logical, the officials benefit nothing from the country getting better, it hurts their cash flow and cuts whatever benefits they are currently accruing.... THE PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DEMANDING FOR THE REQUIRED CHANGE... and have a right to demand it if its not been provided.....

THE VIDEO SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED NOT BANNED....

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
solomon111: fucck off you offemmanu lout.
God punish you.

apku lout, same to you wink
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by mikolo80: 3:41pm On May 04, 2013
Capnd143: lol. You forgot the FG HAS THE POWER TO JAM ALL RADIO WAVES IN THE COUNTRY AS WELL AS BLOCK NIGERIANS FROM ACCES TO INTERNET!
ONE WORD. VSAT LOOK IT UP.YOU MIGHT LEARN A THING OR TWO
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by nicago: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2013
@Ihaya, I'm so so proud of you. The Producer has been nursing this dream of doing documentaries on Nigeria for almost 8 yrs now..

I'm yet to see the said documentary but I'm quite sure it's a masterpiece knowing how thorough Mr Bako is with tasks.

More power to your elbow.

@Nigeria, let's face the truth for once, it's the path to recovery and proper national orientation. No matter how bitter the truth is, LET IT BE TOLD!!!!
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Mattin(m): 5:43am On Feb 03, 2015
Have Nigerians/Nairalanders forget this documentary easily?
Abeg where I fit download am for my bold2? Because I can't watch it through youtube.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast / Two Female Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Strike In Kaleri, 2 Killed / Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.