Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36855 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by sarutobie(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Only if you guys will channel this your energy positively on your community this country will be a better place..like someone said,many of you pass beggars and homeless children on the streets/road everyday how have you impacted their lives ? I won't hold brief for any pastor/priest but charity begins at home.. First remove the wood in your eyes before you can be able to remove the speck of wood in another man's eye..peace.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by peteronyii: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
no comment GOD knows the right thing, if to have 3 to 4 jets by 1 pastor is good because he runs to 160countries with 4 of them in 1 day and at the same time. but he should remember the poor in their midst and even the poor pastors.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
n0m0705: First of all, let's get something straight here, [b]the jet is not a personal property of the pastor(atleast pst adeboye and bish. oyedepo), so if any of them seizes to be the general overseer today, the next person in line will be the one using the jet.
[/b]Do you people know that some of this pastors traveled like 4 or 5 countries in a week at times, I heard of a time when bishop oyedepo was in an african country till saturday night and he still made the sunday morning service at canaan land, so how do you expect him to meet up with such schedule without a private jet? These pastors embark on many Impromtu journey as the spirit leads them, so their schedule can't fit into any commercial airline programm. So it is a necessity for some of them and not a luxury.

But he will use it until he dies grin grin grin grin
Anytime we try to defend the jet madness,the reasons we bring up are usually laughable
So Kumuyi is not doing God's work.sorry for you
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Hourglass4real: 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Wahala90: You guys should keep quiet; you are only working for your master Satan. Your main agenda is that the gospel of Christ should fade into insignificance. Every good Church does charity works as part of evangelism. The amount of money that RCCG uses for charity works far exceeds that used for buying a jet. There is money for taking care of less privilege and that for running the Church and spreading the message of Christ. But what do you want? "Give to the less privilege, give them all" You say this not because you care about the less privilege (you see them everyday and do nothing) but because you hate the Gospel spreading. When Churches give in charity you pretend you don't see but when they take huge steps in spreading the Gospel, you fume like your father and master Satan. You brood of Vipers!

Una mates dey buy jet to support God work una dey here dey cry.
U don't get it,do u? Wht does helping d less privilege mean 2 u? Occasionaly giving 2 mothrless babies or beggers?
Wht about making sch fees affordable at their schools so that evn an orhpan can attend if its his/her desire 2 attend? Or even membrs of their churches? If a poor. membr can't boast of passing through d university owned by his/her church then whr wil hop come frm?

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
peter onyii: no comment GOD knows the right thing, [b]if to have 3 to 4 jets by 1 pastor is good because he runs to 160countries with 4 of them in 1 day [/b]and at the same time. but he should remember the poor in their midst and even the poor pastors.

Thats a good one there
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by olapluto(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Question of logic:
1. Without the harsh economic conditions in Nigeria, would the churches boom? NO
2. Without church boom, would pastors afford jets? No
3. Nigerians are getting poorer daily but churches are getting richer. Where is the direction of cash flow?
4. The poorest nations have the biggest churches. Where does cash come from to sustain these churches?
5. Biggest alariwo church in England is located in the poorest area of the country. Why?
Final answer: For the church to boom, people need to be poor and hopeless. Pastors offer hope blindly, most times as simple as words of mouth that doesnt reach their hearts. The poor man is more willing to give than the rich/enlightened man.
Conclusion: The poor will get poorer until the government grows a pair and ask churches to validate the promises they make to people. If you advertise a revival where you promise to cure HIV, then you should be made to do so. Failure to do that, the G.O should be made to pay the full cost of the anti-retroviral drugs.
But then again, our president also goes to the church to kneel down. Sigh*

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Let's not keep deceiving ourselves, I know many of you believe deep inside you, that Religion like Christianity and Islam are just Jewish/Arabic cultures spiritualized and have little or no truth in them. The fact that grown people get conned into submitting their hard earned cash doesnt mean that the belief system is scientifically admissible. God is simply a plane of consciousness and not a being, just what science terms threshold with its discrete wavelength and frequency in the cosmic hierarchy. All is energy, If I have my way, I will set up a church and corn you guys the more and shop for the best private jets that money can buy. Religion is just an opium of the people, especially the scientifically half-educated or ignorant. Full Stop!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by chezholy(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
..C..Coded.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by blexon: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
See what poverty is doing to some ppl to the extent anytin good has turn to a sin, be there condemning nd sons of God will be changing levels in grandstyles. I ASK who among you will reject a private jet as a gift?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by olapluto(m): 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
blexon: See what poverty is doing to some ppl to the extent anytin good has turn to a sin, be there condemning nd sons of God will be changing levels in grandstyles. I ASK who among you will reject a private jet as a gift?
I will gladly reject it if it is bought from dubious means. Fleecing people in God's name is not right in any way, shape or form.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Abbey2sam(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dorox(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
blexon: See what poverty is doing to some ppl to the extent anytin good has turn to a sin, be there condemning nd sons of God will be changing levels in grandstyles. I ASK who among you will reject a private jet as a gift?
You are suffering from the worst kind of poverty- poverty of reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by idugbe(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
"Despite presiding over churches with hundreds of thousands of poor people, they have all argued that they need the private jets for God’s work."

Even if Baba Adeboye, Oyedepo and Ayo all decide to sell their jets and they give the money to the poor in their congregations, it will NEVER stop the poor from being poor because poverty is a thing of the mind.
Secondly, when one of the women who Christ ministered to, 'wasted' a costly perfume on Jesus, people like Judas complained but even Jesus rebuked him that we would never be in short supply of poor people on earth.
If the man decides to ride on a horse all over the world to minister the gospel, na people like una go first talk. Baba carry go! Let them talk!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
I don't think Christians of nowadays remember who Jesus is anymore. Their pastors are their gods now.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Abbey2sam(m): 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
Well, I wouldn't have participated in this private jet issue knowing fully well that its like judging them.

But the fact still remains that this pastors are milking their followers, both the rich and the poor, just like someone said, most of this members don't have access to pipe bourne water,most of this members lack some basic amenities which the government have failed to provide, now this vulnerable members look forward to their spiritual leaders(pastors).

Lemme give an example, covenant university was built from the church's money, and if you'll agree with me, both the poor and the rich gathered that money,
But the school can only be afforded by the politicians children, the rich pple in the church,but it will be very hard to find a poor man's child in such schools.... And it was built for the church.

Now tell me, when you have one private jet as a man of God, I will say its for the work of God....
Certainly not four.... for christ sake......... The missionaries are suffering in the rural areas due to lack of fund to help the ministries, and you own four private jet and without the fear of God you come to tell nigerians and the world that its for the work of God

Let God be the judge

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by victorv12(m): 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
Let us pray- One of the most manipulative words ever used.
The wealthier your pastor is, the higher the chances he's a theif and you're being conned.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by moneyhungry(m): 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibukune: Am not a good bible reader, but d last time I did I cud remember Jesus sent his disciples to get d donkey which he didn't keep there and if any man ask, tell him d Lord needed it, it means someone else owns it, which no man has ever ridden, meanin it is a brand new, am sure there were other used donkey but he never asked for it!men of God deserves d best things.
^^^IF I CAN GET 1,000 OF UR KIND AS MEMBERS, THEN I'M DEFINITELY GOING 2 RENT A HALL N TURN INTO A PASTOR.
YOU ARE MORE FOOLISH THAN A FOOL. YOU DESERVE AN AWARD FOR UR LEVEL OF "FOOLISHNESS".
ITI!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by lakesider(m): 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Churches nd asalatu,all of dem be OLEH!
Thank God i m a buddhist
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by moneyhungry(m): 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
stankezzy: i do nt know why we christians allow unbelivers to be messibg us up .
DO U KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST FOR A SINGLE SUECIDE ATTACK BY A TERRORIST.THE MUSLEM CLERICS ARE USEING THEIR MONY TO SPONSOR ATTACKS ND CHRISTIAN LEADERS ARE USEING THEIR MONEY FOR JETS .WHICH ONE IS BETTER.do u know how much ak47 cost,do u know the price of a hand granade.do u know the price of an anti aircraft gun,do u know how much big or medium bomb cost.do u know the amount that is paid to a terrorist nd his familey,do u know the amount that is paid to their informants nd our security so that they do nt disturb them.the money u muslem spend in one suecide attack is far greater than that used for private jets so,u muslems stop deciecing ur self.
MUMU OF D MONTH.
I FEEL SORRY 4 UR FAMILY.
U R BRAIN-DEAD.
R.I.P
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
Christianity has gone commercial, religion is the oldest scam, ever. Africa is this backwards, cos we embraced Arabic and Jewish Traditions wholesale, and even when the owners of the cultures reject them, Africans embrace it foolishly. For Africa to advance, Faith in Religion must first be destroyed.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Maximus85(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia

I hope PaPa G.O gets to read what you've just written. Jesus did majority of his preaching work on foot. Remember that tree he cursed? It was because he has be trekking for soo long and was expecting to find fruits on the tree. You wanna tell me that we don't have horses or asses at that time?

How much is the private jet? How much does it cost to park it in the hanger on a daily basis? How many members of the church are jobless? How many of the members can afford education? How many of them can afford to attend the church's University (established with these same people's tithe/sweat)

The money spent on these private whatever could be channeled to make life of the members better. Jesus and his disciples suffered while preaching all around the world. How many of these pastors has suffered anything? All they do is enjoy a luxury lives
Matthew 5:10-12 ....10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. how many pastors has gone through any of these things?

What I see is money making ventures and not churches. You don't build schools under the umbrella of the church and make millions for urself. Many of these so called pastors enjoyed the free education brought by the missionaries yet they make people pay hard for education. Majority of the members has been so brainwashed that they now believe that without the church schools, no education.

We all know the truth, its left for us to believe whatever we want to. With all the churches in Nigeria, has it brought any change? What's the difference?

I don talk my own.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!

Ask the pope
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
Maximus85:

I hope PaPa G.O gets to read what you've just written. Jesus did majority of his preaching work on foot. Remember that tree he cursed? It was because he has be trekking for soo long and was expecting to find fruits on the tree. You wanna tell me that we don't have horses or asses at that time?

How much is the private jet? How much does it cost to park it in the hanger on a daily basis? How many members of the church are jobless? How many of the members can afford education? How many of them can afford to attend the church's University (established with these same people's tithe/sweat)

The money spent on these private whatever could be channeled to make life of the members better. Jesus and his disciples suffered while preaching all around the world. How many of these pastors has suffered anything? All they do is enjoy a luxury lives
Matthew 5:10-12 ....10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. how many pastors has gone through any of these things?

What I see is money making ventures and not churches. You don't build schools under the umbrella of the church and make millions for urself. Many of these so called pastors enjoyed the free education brought by the missionaries yet they make people pay hard for education. Majority of the members has been so brainwashed that they now believe that without the church schools, no education.

We all know the truth, its left for us to believe whatever we want to. With all the churches in Nigeria, has it brought any change? What's the difference?

I don talk my own.

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Suresir: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
money-hungry :
finally, the LAST MAN STANDING is down.
dear Christians, can't y'all see... IT'S A SCAM.
RUN!
do u want him 2 treck ? Pls i commend he should get sumtin fast dan jet.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Roland17(m): 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
Any one who see's nothing wrong with one man of God

Owning more than 2 private jets bought with the sweat of gullible followers.

Building tertiary institutions that are not affordable to the same followers who are contributors through offering, tithes.

Then u have no moral justification to question our corrupt politicians and administrators who have continuously drained our great nation of its resources, we can't even feed from the crumbs cos there are no crumbs.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by koyuid(m): 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
so which of the pastors is going to be the first to own a yatch?!

gentlemen place your bets!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by oncolor1: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Religion makes a lot of people not to reason rationally. "Pastors" will tell you that you are poor because you did not pay "Tithe" or "Offering". Have you sat down to ask yourself, if that is the case why are Muslims in Dubai rich even though they don't believe in Jesus, or why are are there millionaires and even billionaires in China when they don't believe in either Jesus or Mohammed? there are Hindus in India that are Millionaires who have nothing to do with Christianity or Islam. Does that not tell any rational human being that prosperity has nothing to do with believing in the particular religion you happen to believe in mostly by chance.

Even this religion that we are all killing ourselves for, do you know the only reason we are following these religions is just because the white and Arabs came here first? If the Indians have come here to colonize us, then we all will probably be worshiping the Hindu God. Do you all really think a Hindu man that lived and died in his village as a Hindu will go to Hell or same for a Chinese man? Let's try to think and remove this religious bias and we will see that we are basically living in a fools paradise which these "pastors" are capitalizing on. Most of these "Pastors" don't even believe what is in the Bible, because if they do, they will not be doing what they are doing.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Maximus85(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
Smooyis: What could Jesus not afford? Everything in the world belongs to Him. He would have anything if it is according to God's will. When he needed a donkey he simply sent his disciples to untie a particular donkey at a particular location even though he was not yet there. He is Lord of the world. We are in a modern world. We should not judge a servant of God by all these attributes so we dont commit blasphemy. God is the best judge.

And how many times did Jesus rode on a donkey? You don't serve God without thinking. So because the church can't help all the members, does that stop dem from trying?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Samcenation(m): 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
ola_pluto:
I will gladly reject it if it is bought from dubious means. Fleecing people in God's name is not right in any way, shape or form.
guy, na lie.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
Cyberknight: All the brouhaha over private jets owned by church leaders is, in my opinion, misplaced. Most of these churches are actually private companies run as businesses. And if the board of directors of a business decide to use the company's profits to buy the MD/CEO a jet, they are within their rights. Any person who doesn't like it should cease contributing to that particular church company's profits by ending his attendance at its Sunday seminars and other gatherings, or raise the issue at shareholders meetings.
A succint description of majority of Nigerian churches.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Hourglass4real: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
1121:
During the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, he ordered 4 the best horse to be ridden into the city: I mean the horse that has never been used by anyone: tear leather. And remember that horse was the best mean of transportation as at then. Also, horses as a mean of transportation was mostly used by the elites in those days. The implication of this is that if there were jet during his time, he will not fly a second hand Jet. My Jesus will buy the best Jet and buy it new. So I pray for myself and Baba adeboye to recieve the grace to fly more jets in Jesus name. Amen
Point of correction, Jesus' borrowed' a donkey not a horse pls and he never owned it, he was going bck 2 his hom town 2 die 4 u nd I! Believe me,owning a donkey at that time was d last thin on his mind... Go back 2 ur bible cos u obviously have serious work to do.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by doppler777(m): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Orikinla: Please, when the Holy Bible says God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant, then why should having a private jet for the convenience of a man of God be a problem?

Although you may not need a private jet to spread the good news, because we are now in the digital age and all you need most is a fast internet and a mobile device to connect you to millions of people on earth sharing the Word of God without stress.
Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS / "Don't Bleach Your Skin" - Apostle Suleman Warns Ladies, Men (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.