Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36850 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by yoged(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
As far as my money isn't there. Aint my business. Its for God to judge not human.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by akymme(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
Godsate:

GOD BLESS YOU IBRO YAYA

The men of God need these Jets to meet up with the task in front of them. If some of you that are condemning them now are in their shoes, you won't buy plane but Rocket.

Always make findings Ibro Yaya
Shepherd 1 and 2 both belongs to Alitalia Airways, they are national carriers

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

I find it interesting that many NLers who complain about pastors say they pay their tithes to the poor, yet they also complain that the number of poor people in Nigeria is rising. Meanwhile, the fact that they don't pay tithe to pastors but give it to the poor should mean that pastors now have less money. Yet more pastors are buying jets. Just wondering.

At this rate,tithes are actually better used on the poor and youth empowerment than for one pastor to buy 3,4 jets to cruise around d world. The worst part is that they don't even teach the whole bible. The try to justify their riches saying that Christ was made poor for us to be rich. I agree but Tithe was ONLY mentioned in the old testament but because that's where their riches lie,They play down on every old testament law but tithers get the most attention in church. scam

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Sepp360(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
hadn't there been invention of private jets, maybe, he would have been flyin over the 160 countries like zediccus the wizard!...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by BloggingIq: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
pastor transformed into a private jet, and flew away!

cool stuff
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by foreignstudy: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
victorD3:

Let's Judge these guys before they kill us. The actual people spreading Christianity worldwide are even the poor Christians and missionaries serving in the most difficult terrains in this world. Our businessmen private jet chilling pastors just open expensive universities,businesses and preach about Double portion and finding a husband.

I pay my tithe to those that rightfully deserves it, the poor/needy and if you pay yours to your pastor then you are a learner

I like waht you wrote and this should all the christian people in nigeria make.
I work together with an other women an d we help in a country to build a school for the poor and i pay every moth some euros that one schild can go to school and get food in the school
The other organisation is SOS childhod here i have also a child i pay his life and that i know will help.

I know where my money go and that is what jeasus told us give it to the poor
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
yoged: As far as my money isn't there. Aint my business. Its for God to judge not human.

Most sensible and well thought out comment so far.

I wonder why Nigerians like to drink other people's Panadol and cry more than the bereaved.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by babakaka(m): 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10: Anyway in life you can always find reasons to justify any action. It makes life very interesting.
For instance you can even justify having 3 or 4 jets in the midst of poverty sticken members some of whom don't even have access to clean water.

The biggest problem with jet acquisition is that by collecting such gifts from politicians, our pastors find it difficult to defend the poor by talking some sense into our politicians. Rather when our politicians visit them, they just shower prayers for them and not say a word about the situation of the poor and jobless youths in the church.
If religious leaders can no longer speak for the poor, then the country is finished
So one can say that some of our pastors have contributed a lot to corruption in Nigeria.
If you must own a jet, why 3 or 4 when members feed on $2 a day. What happened to youth empowerment/job creation for church members.
Last time I checked, thats not Christ-like
God go bless you plenty plenty

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
foreignstudy:

I like waht you wrote and this should all the christian people in nigeria make.
I work together with an other women an d we help in a country to build a school for the poor and i pay every moth some euros that one schild can go to school and get food in the school
The other organisation is SOS childhod here i have also a child i pay his life and that i know will help.

I know where my money go and that is what jeasus told us give it to the poor

If you see what ladies wore to church when I used to attend Redeemed, you'll be shocked. So many things were happening in church among the members. I was hoping that one day the message will touch on indecent dressing and holiness among members including me but it never really did. But wait until time for tithe/offering, tithers will be called out and the pastor will be saying all sorts of things to the congregation so they can pay tithe. One day one of the pastors even went as far as saying that if you need anything from God and he doesnt give it to you,its because you don't pay tithe. I was like. what?!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
He is nothing but a crookass fraud tryina justify his shame and religious scam act. How about buying war jet to eradicate satan?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dbride: 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
Roland17: So is looking out for the poor souls who give their hard earned money in tithes, offerings and donation.

According to James 2: 14-26

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also"

What point are you trying to make or what are you trying to justify or judge. I am confused. Remember, "The Letter Killeth but the Spirit gives life". It is not by how much of the Word you can quote, it is so much about how the Spirit of God interpretes the Word. Applying the Word of God using the wrong interpretation is death, meaning you are on a wrong dark path.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by stankezzy: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

The fact that the FALSE statement made by Ogbeche77 has so far received 17 'likes' says a lot about the level of intelligence and knowledge of the people who are always looking for what to criticize about pastors.

First of all, the Pope does not only have two PRIVATE JETS (called Shepherd One and Shepherd two), he also owns a COUNTRY, a BANK, a CURRENCY and many other things which no Nigeria General Overseer owns. Even with these jets, the Popes have so far been ineffective in their tasks of overseeing the I billion Catholics you talk about(perhaps because he does not leave the Vatican too often). Apart from the issues of the sex scandals, the Catholic Church also happens to be the most divided church on theology and doctrine. For example, the Church doctrine is against gay marriage. However, majority of Catholics including Priests and Bishops openly go against the Church and support it. Is that the product of effective overseeing? My simple view is this: If the private jet enables these pastors to effectively carry out their tasks, then let them have it! After all, not one is forcing you to contribute to the purchase of the jets.
my brother,compareing pope nd adeboye is like compareing/telling somebody that studied marshial arts as a course in the university to come nd fight a marshial art black belt holder,i wonder what will happen.christianity is all about spirituality nd not about big office.when u are confrnted by big spiritual problen mind u ur big office will not solve it for u rather ur practical relationship with God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by TrebleChamp(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=muami]
Firstly, the pope 'owns' a private jet the same way Pastor Adeboye 'owns' a private jet. No jet is registered in their name. However, they both have jets that is available for their use whenever they want it. Read this and stop giving people wrong information about the pope owning a private jet. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-has-no-money-or-space-for-private-plane-says-priest/
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by rhymz(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!
Madam, do you realy believe that his schedule or itenary is such that he has to travel to 10 countries in a space of one week? Are you high on his fart or sth? What kind of ilogical exaggeration is this? Even Obama with a way busier and important schedule can't make such a claim. Besides, why do these MOGs like to give the impression that have to be in all of their branches every now and then, na wa o. . .person wey never finish covering the branches dem wey dey naija dey claim 160 worldwide. . Lol. . It is expected that he would defend such obscenity and lack of sensitivity. God's work like say say it is neccessary for them to have branches in every nook and cranny like say na bank. These people are all scam, period.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Carmall(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
All said in image.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Ibukune(m): 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
Am not a good bible reader, but d last time I did I cud remember Jesus sent his disciples to get d donkey which he didn't keep there and if any man ask, tell him d Lord needed it, it means someone else owns it, which no man has ever ridden, meanin it is a brand new, am sure there were other used donkey but he never asked for it!men of God deserves d best things.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by tonididdy(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
JUDGE NOT,that ye not be judged

I BELEIVE IN GOD AND PRAY,PRAISE AND WORSHIP FROM THE PRIVACY OF MY HOME.

I DO NOT BELEIVE IN CHURCH(es)

i dont want my blessings to be diverted cos im in the wrong or a fake so called house of god.

GOD LEAD US ALL

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
babakaka: God go bless you plenty plenty

He'll bless you too plenty plenty
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by eriegua83: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
Why can't he be in sokoto today, 2morrow yenagoa, the day after that uyo,akure,owerri,illorin,koko etc must it be abroad? Have they successfully covered Nigeria? Not even a jet but 3 or 4. Is he going to fly in all of them at once.
Godsate: Pope has very few number of meetings, seminals, crusade and evangelism compare to the pentecostal pastor with churches round the world. Pope hardly travel out.

Pastor Adeboye has a lot of meetings round the world with the children of God in the locations already aware and looking forward for their ministration. The pastor can't disappoint the people that has been waiting. For example, a pastor that is at Canada today and has to minister in China tomorrow and be in Ghana day after and back to Japan the next day. Do you expect such pastor to be waiting for commercial plane. Has any of you experience or heard of delay flight before? Emerging a crusade with publicity round the country with people from different cities gather together and when it's time for the invited guest to minister and get the announcement that the man can't make it due to delay flight.

Please, before you make any comment, pls kindly think wide. The only question I'm going to ask is this: If you are to go to different locations at different area in Lagos in a day to preach in timed events which one is better, going from one garage to other to take turns than to move around in your private car with your driver?

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by jawjaw1: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
The christianity the white man brought to us that I understand has changed.
Then they raised money from far and wide to build schools and educate people for free or next to nothing. Infact the founding fathers of nigeria and most of the people who have made nigeria what it is today were beneficiaries of this free education.
They built hospitals to provide health care to everyone especially the poor for free or next to nothing. Some of this hospitals are still existing till today and are spread all over the country and some of us have at one point or the other used them.
What we have today as christianity in Nigeria is unfortunately far away from this. Instead we are buying private jets and claiming to be evangelizing the world with money that can be used to setup a world class hospital for free. Or build free schools that will educate the poor and shape the mind and mentality of Nigerians in a Godly manner and build a better Nigeria.
The most worrisome part is that the common people who are suppose to understand and advocate for this basic change of focus dont even realize it.
It is most unfortunate.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
a

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ooman(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
musKeeto: Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

Give your life, and he shall cause you to mount up on wings like cockroach
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

Going to meet his Oga @ d top...

best comment of the day
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by stankezzy: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
i do nt know why we christians allow unbelivers to be messibg us up .
DO U KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST FOR A SINGLE SUECIDE ATTACK BY A TERRORIST.THE MUSLEM CLERICS ARE USEING THEIR MONY TO SPONSOR ATTACKS ND CHRISTIAN LEADERS ARE USEING THEIR MONEY FOR JETS .WHICH ONE IS BETTER.do u know how much ak47 cost,do u know the price of a hand granade.do u know the price of an anti aircraft gun,do u know how much big or medium bomb cost.do u know the amount that is paid to a terrorist nd his familey,do u know the amount that is paid to their informants nd our security so that they do nt disturb them.the money u muslem spend in one suecide attack is far greater than that used for private jets so,u muslems stop deciecing ur self.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!

Yo dumbbass we ain't talking about Kim Kardashian here.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibukune: Am not a good bible reader, but d last time I did I cud remember Jesus sent his disciples to get d donkey which he didn't keep there and if any man ask, tell him d Lord needed it, it means someone else owns it, which no man has ever ridden, meanin it is a brand new, am sure there were other used donkey but he never asked for it!men of God deserves d best things.

Your pastors interpret d bible to you in any way that justifies buying jets so am not surprised u even brought Jesus into an anlysis that seeks to portray Jesus as less humble. God is watching all of u.

A pastor even said recently that Jesus was very rich and he wore designer clothes thats why they cast lots over
his robe to determine who should keep it
See what love of money has turned d church into

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Roland17(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
dbride:

What point are you trying to make or what are you trying to justify or judge. I am confused. Remember, "The Letter Killeth but the Spirit gives life". It is not by how much of the Word you can quote, it is so much about how the Spirit of God interpretes the Word. Applying the Word of God using the wrong interpretation is death, meaning you are on a wrong dark path.

You just wrote u are confused up there yet u are sane enough to judge if someone is on the wrong path..

That scripture passage is self explanatory, u do not need a pastor to twist interpretations to suit his style so as tp make u understand what is quoted up there.

Christianity and religion has perpetuated more poverty in African just as much as corrupt politicians have and it's pitiful to watch these Men of God take advantage of the situaion
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses spreach the Good News in all part of the world and yet they have not bought private jet for their evangelising work.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Amya(f): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:
Who is attacking the Catholic church? I only stated facts, and particular noted that while the catholic church's doctrines are well conceived, several of its members and bishops take the liberty to go against it with levity. How is that an attack?
By the way, Nigerians like to talk about 'Taxpayers money' as if they pay tax. Abeg make I hear

Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dbride: 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
You cannot imagine how much they pay hourly in dollars to any airport authority for parking. It is pretty expensive to run especially when you consider the very poor financial state of most members of his church.

I just hope this decision is as a result of the leading of the Holy Spirit for anything done outside that is lacking in wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Amya(f): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
carr96:

oh so because he's a man of God, he shouldn't buy a private jet?? undecided a man of God is till a human being! Like I said people can't reason! When a man of God gets angry or does something irrational people den say he's not a true man of God! Lyk wtf! A man of God is still a human being for crying out loud!

In fact let God bless my hustle! I'll buy more than a private jet.......my God isn't a poor God grin

You can see but you are blind

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Wahala90: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
You guys should keep quiet; you are only working for your master Satan. Your main agenda is that the gospel of Christ should fade into insignificance. Every good Church does charity works as part of evangelism. The amount of money that RCCG uses for charity works far exceeds that used for buying a jet. There is money for taking care of less privilege and that for running the Church and spreading the message of Christ. But what do you want? "Give to the less privilege, give them all" You say this not because you care about the less privilege (you see them everyday and do nothing) but because you hate the Gospel spreading. When Churches give in charity you pretend you don't see but when they take huge steps in spreading the Gospel, you fume like your father and master Satan. You brood of Vipers!

Una mates dey buy jet to support God work una dey here dey cry.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
stankezzy: .do u know how much ak47 cost,do u know the price of a hand granade.do u know the price of an anti aircraft gun,do u know how much big or medium bomb cost.do u know the amount that is paid to a terrorist nd his familey,do u know the amount that is paid to their informants nd our security so that they do nt disturb them.the money u muslem spend in one suecide attack is far greater than that used for private jets so,u muslems stop deciecing ur self.

Nope we don't know. You're a dealer so tell us. Shit dummies spews out just to make a point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.