Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36849 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Ibukune(m): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

Your pastors interpret d bible to you in any way that justifies buying jets so am not surprised u even brought Jesus into an anlysis that seeks to portray Jesus as less humble. God is watching all of u.

A pastor even said recently that Jesus was very rich and he wore designer clothes thats why they cast lots over
his robe to determine who should keep it

My dear, I don't need any pastors interpretation to know that Jesus should have sent his disciples to borrow a donkey, but he didn't. Tell me den y lot was casted on his cloth if it wasn't a designers cloth? Who go cast lot on bed down select cloth?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Wahala90: You guys should keep quiet; you are only working for your master Satan. Your main agenda is that the gospel of Christ should fade into insignificance. Every good Church does charity works as part of evangelism. The amount of money that RCCG uses for charity works far exceeds that used for buying a jet. There is money for taking care of less privilege and that for running the Church and spreading the message of Christ. But what do you want? "Give to the less privilege, give them all" You say this not because you care about the less privilege (you see them everyday and do nothing) but because you hate the Gospel spreading. When Churches give in charity you pretend you don't see but when they take huge steps in spreading the Gospel, you fume like your father and master Satan. You brood of Vipers!

Una mates dey buy jet to support God work una dey here dey cry.

HOW PLEASE? EXPLAIN THE BOLDED ABEG. MIND YOU I USED TO BE A WORKER IN REDEEMED

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by GraceBestowed(f): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
Why people do not express their points of view without throwing derogatory statements left, right, and centre, will always baffle me. Keep it up, it tells *very well* of you!

My initial comment was made with some of the biggest pastors in mind. I kid you not, pastor Benny (for example) does travel like that, I am not exaggerating. For those of you who are unsure, ministers of God travel round the country, and (sometimes) world, to speak, preach, hold crusades, and evangelise.

Even more so, pastor Adeboye may need to be in different states in Nigeria within a short period of time, therefore having a reliable mode of transportation is necessary.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dorox(m): 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
yoged: As far as my money isn't there. Aint my business. Its for God to judge not human.

It is this kind of reasoning that is preventing nigeria from developing as a nation, it makes the people not to speak with the collective power of one voice, but with as many discordant voices as there are people too weak and too confused to be heard by their oppressors rulers.
A community thrives better when its members understand that they exist not as many individual islands, but as one large landmass. It is more prosperous when its wealth is measured by how rich the poorest among them are rather than the rich.
To belong to a community means looking out for your neighbor's interest even if it does not directly concern you. It means crying foul anytime there is foul play even when it's not your game.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by tinnymerit(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
well,many are complaining,many embittered,many arguing some blindly and some logically,many are cursing,many are justifying what they knew and heard BUT am here tapping my own anointing for my own CHOPPER not for pleasure or leisure but for business.Do you know that a splash from helicopter on a burning building or burning environment will put off the fire within 10 seconds.So i tap into having mine toooooooo.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Okijajuju1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
[b]Jesus did not own a Horse-drawn carriage/Chariot which was the equivalent of a jet (as that was the fastest means of transportation at that time). Jesus also didn't own a ship, boat or canoe which were very available at that time. Its not like he couldn't afford it because if you remember in the book of Matthew 17: 24, Jesus pulled out money from the belle of a fish to pay his taxes. Paul and Peter who also had need for horses and carriages and boats also didn't own any of these things. I am sure they could aslo afford it because the books of Romans - almost the end of the new testament were all letters from Paul to his many churches scattered all around the place which he also visited.

Fast forward to present day churches, the Catholic church which is in almost all the countries ofthe world, which is responsible for bringing the gospel to many 3rd world nations including Nigeria. Which have many misssionaries that have indeed made a difference in the world and has a Pope that presides over all these churches including the nation state of the Vatican still does not own a Private jet. I am certain the pope has a way more busier schedule compared to Adeboye, yet he still flies Commercial airlines.

Like someone said, we can all come up with excuses for every action of ours. Even murderers, pead0philes and armed robbers all have excuses/reasons for what they do. All I know is that a Pastor who presides over a church in a third world nation where more than 70% of his followers are still struggling with heavy economic hardship has no business owning a jet.

I don't care about his excuses/reasons, he sure can do without a jet. [/b]

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dbride: 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: The attitude of Nigerians disgust me.
I can't believe people are trying to justify this.
Any Nigerian that support these jet-hugging charlatans do not have any moral right to castigate politicians for reckless display of extravagance.

...because the judgement of God begins from the church.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibukune:
My dear, I don't need any pastors interpretation to know that Jesus should have sent his disciples to borrow a donkey, but he didn't. Tell me den y lot was casted on his cloth if it wasn't a designers cloth? Who go cast lot on bed down select cloth?

We are saying the same thing. Anything that helps you to justify a pastor's 3,4 jets. Even if it means making Jesus to look greedy and less humble. You've forgotten that he borrowed the donkey
Same pastor will still say that Jesus was born in a manger. Jesus didn't live in a mansion. Jesus was made poor for us to be rich rich.
Jesus could have owned a donkey(at least) if he wanted to but he wasn't greedy and materialistic. Get that into your brainwashed skull
See how he drove the money doublers from d temple. Our pastors cant do such to the same politicians that are buying them jets

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Wahala90: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

HOW PLEASE? EXPLAIN THE BOLDED ABEG. MIND YOU I USED TO BE A WORKER IN REDEEMED

You explain the bold text first.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by eriegua83: 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Why dem nor buy canoe, donkey and carmel because na the creeks nd north need the evangelism pass.
Wahala90: You guys should keep quiet; you are only working for your master Satan. Your main agenda is that the gospel of Christ should fade into insignificance. Every good Church does charity works as part of evangelism. The amount of money that RCCG uses for charity works far exceeds that used for buying a jet. There is money for taking care of less privilege and that for running the Church and spreading the message of Christ. But what do you want? "Give to the less privilege, give them all" You say this not because you care about the less privilege (you see them everyday and do nothing) but because you hate the Gospel spreading. When Churches give in charity you pretend you don't see but when they take huge steps in spreading the Gospel, you fume like your father and master Satan. You brood of Vipers!

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
Wahala90:
You explain the bold text first.

I told you that so you know you're not talking to some1 who is just talking for talking sake but who knows how far. I want to keep all biblical instructions including tithe. But I don't want to be deceived that Jesus has died and we now live in the new testament yet tithe which was only mentioned in the old testament is the only thing that gets emphasized like no man business
Tell me how much redeemed use to take care of the less priviledged and how it equates to millions of dollars needed to buy and maintain just one out of three jets
Also is there any church that doesn't care for less priviledged in some little way.

Its not enough to care for less priviledged. Create jobs.empower the youths. Is that too much to ask?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

^^^ Big Fat lie!!
The Pope doesn't travel in commercial airline. Haven't you heard of Sheperd 1 and sherperd 2 ?. Those are the private plane the pope travels in. They are almost as big as US Airforce One
why are u talking bout what you know nothing about. sherperd one is just an international call sign of ANY plane carrying the pope.

"Shepherd One is the international call sign of any
aircraft carrying the pope
onboard. The airline which
is used for such
transportation is usually
ALITALIA — Linee Aeree
Italiane S.p.A. airways. On
the way back to Rome, the
Pope uses a flag carrier
from the visited nation."
Sherperd Two is just a figment of your imagination.
Yes ALITALIA, Now get that into your head.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by eriegua83: 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
Why dem nor buy canoe, donkey and carmel because na the creeks nd north need the evangelism pass.

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by rhymz(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
REALITY101:

Yo dumbbass we ain't talking about Kim Kardashian here.
a real dumbass. . See how they exaggerate just so they can justify holy obscenity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by bongila(f): 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10: Anyway in life you can always find reasons to justify any action. It makes life very interesting.
For instance you can even justify having 3 or 4 jets in the midst of poverty sticken members some of whom don't even have access to clean water.

The biggest problem with jet acquisition is that by collecting such gifts from politicians, our pastors find it difficult to defend the poor by talking some sense into our politicians. Rather when our politicians visit them, they just shower prayers for them and not say a word about the situation of the poor and jobless youths in the church.
If religious leaders can no longer speak for the poor, then the country is finished
So one can say that some of our pastors have contributed a lot to corruption in Nigeria.
If you must own a jet, why 3 or 4 when members feed on $2 a day. What happened to youth empowerment/job creation for church members.
Last time I checked, thats not Christ-like

So Enoch Adeboye has 3-4 jets? Interesting! About the youth empowerment/job creation thing don't be too quick to say what you have no idea about. I can bet you that there's no time,jobs vacancies are not announced in meetings,seminars and workshops too. I know a pastor who is a manager with MTN retail outlet and the number of people he has personally secured employment for with MTN.
On advicing politicians,who says they don't? Wait till you start keeping the kinda schedules this people do then you'll come here and tell us how easy and convenient it is to fly commercial.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by rhymz(m): 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
saxywale:
why are u talking bout what you know nothing about. sherperd one is just an international call sign of ANY plane carrying the pope.

"Shepherd One is the international call sign of any
aircraft carrying the pope
onboard. The airline which
is used for such
transportation is usually
ALITALIA — Linee Aeree
Italiane S.p.A. airways. On
the way back to Rome, the
Pope uses a flag carrier
from the visited nation."
Sherperd Two is just a figment of your imagination.
Yes ALITALIA, Now get that into your head.
funy enough, they spew their lies with stupifying confidence like they have the facts at the back of their hands.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
bongila:

So Enoch Adeboye has 3-4 jets? Interesting! About the youth empowerment/job creation thing don't be too quick to say what you have no idea about. [b]I can bet you that there's no time,jobs vacancies are not announced in meetings,seminars and workshops too. I know a pastor who is a manager with MTN retail outlet and the number of people he has personally secured employment for with MTN.
[/b]On advicing politicians,who says they don't? Wait till you start keeping the kinda schedules this people do then you'll come here and tell us how easy and convenient it is to fly commercial.

How about creating jobs for the members? How about giving money to youths(members) to start their own business?
I really suggest you to study Pastor Kumuyi's program on youth empowerment before telling me they announce MTN jobs in church
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by digospel2: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Let's be careful in criticizing men of God. Only God can judge His servants
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Jesus did not own a Horse-drawn carriage/Chariot which was the equivalent of a jet (as that was the fastest means of transportation at that time). Jesus also didn't own a ship, boat or canoe which were very available at that time. Its not like he couldn't afford it because if you remember in the book of Matthew 17: 24, Jesus pulled out money from the belle of a fish to pay his taxes. Paul and Peter who also had need for horses and carriages and boats also didn't own any of these things. I am sure they could aslo afford it because the books of Romans - almost the end of the new testament were all letters from Paul to his many churches scattered all around the place which he also visited.

Fast forward to present day churches, the Catholic church which is in almost all the countries ofthe world, which is responsible for bringing the gospel to many 3rd world nations including Nigeria. Which have many misssionaries that have indeed made a difference in the world and has a Pope that presides over all these churches including the nation state of the Vatican still does not own a Private jet. I am certain the pope has a way more busier schedule compared to Adeboye, yet he still flies Commercial airlines.

Like someone said, we can all come up with excuses for every action of ours. Even murderers, pead0philes and armed robbers all have excuses/reasons for what they do. All I know is that a Pastor who presides over a church in a third world nation where more than 70% of his followers are still struggling with heavy economic hardship has no business owning a jet.

I don't care about his excuses/reasons, he sure can do without a jet. [/b]

my dear the new gimmicks now is that Jesus was rich that's why he borrowed a new donkey.smh
Those guys will go to any length to justify their greed
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

The fact that the FALSE statement made by Ogbeche77 has so far received 17 'likes' says a lot about the level of intelligence and knowledge of the people who are always looking for what to criticize about pastors.

First of all, the Pope does not only have two PRIVATE JETS (called Shepherd One and Shepherd two), he also owns a COUNTRY, a BANK, a CURRENCY and many other things which no Nigeria General Overseer owns. Even with these jets, the Popes have so far been ineffective in their tasks of overseeing the I billion Catholics you talk about(perhaps because he does not leave the Vatican too often). Apart from the issues of the sex scandals, the Catholic Church also happens to be the most divided church on theology and doctrine. For example, the Church doctrine is against gay marriage. However, majority of Catholics including Priests and Bishops openly go against the Church and support it. Is that the product of effective overseeing? My simple view is this: If the private jet enables these pastors to effectively carry out their tasks, then let them have it! After all, not one is forcing you to contribute to the purchase of the jets.
The Vatican city does not belong to the pope. Because GEJ is the president of Nigeria doesn't mean he owns it. And the currency spent is the EURO. Pls be kind enough to post a link to support your claim about priests supporting gay marriage. Thanks.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
saxywale:
The Vatican city does not belong to the pope. Because GEJ is the president of Nigeria doesn't mean he owns it. And the currency spent is the EURO. Pls be kind enough to post a link to support your claim about priests supporting gay marriage. Thanks.

You even have time to respond to such level of ignorance

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Amya(f): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
Now, let's analyze this.

They say the main reason they need a private jet is the ease of travelling to many places without stressing themselves with commercial airline wahala, and not necessarily the luxury, the esteem and grandiose of a owning private jet.

1. Will the plane pick them from their houses and take them directly to that church branch half way around the world? Won't they journey with cars to the airport and then board the jet and still land in an airport (exactly as commercial airliners?)

2.Is it not more complicated to fly a private plane around the world as you can't just land at any airport without approval which is mostly given to commercial air operators? Isn't it easier to get visas for all your destinations and fly hitch free without the fear of being blown to smithereens with a missile hovering in a hostile airspace?

3. Is flying around the world in first class (even) every other day not cheaper than paying for parking space at the airport which run into billions of naria per month? That's not even inclusive on the service and maintenance bill that run into (more) billions of Naria per month?

4. Is the money from all these unnecessary extravagances sent from God from above?

5 is the money not from poor gullible church members that want miracles?

6 do these brainwashed followers think?

7. Ain't they idiots?

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by 1121: 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nwa oguta: How many private jets did jesus own during his time? GOD will judge all dis 419 pastors.
During the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, he ordered 4 the best horse to be ridden into the city: I mean the horse that has never been used by anyone: tear leather. And remember that horse was the best mean of transportation as at then. Also, horses as a mean of transportation was mostly used by the elites in those days. The implication of this is that if there were jet during his time, he will not fly a second hand Jet. My Jesus will buy the best Jet and buy it new. So I pray for myself and Baba adeboye to recieve the grace to fly more jets in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
ydass: Jehovah's witnesses spreach the Good News in all part of the world and yet they have not bought private jet for their evangelising work.
funny but true. Those guys are all about evangelism.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dallyemmy: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
Pope Benedict who has just retired may not require private jet when compared with Pastor Adeboye's ministry. It also depends on how effective the impact of private jet on his work. At Vatican for Pope to board a plane is faster and easier when compared with Nigeria. Moreso, it equally depends on how frequently he travels.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
dallyemmy:
Pope Benedict who has just retired may not require private jet when compared with Pastor Adeboye's ministry. It also depends on how effective the impact of private jet on his work. At Vatican for Pope to board a plane is faster and easier when compared with Nigeria. Moreso, it equally depends on how frequently he travels.

eya . No wonder he bought 3jets

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
Yes, buying a jet is necessary for God's work. But buying 3 to 4 jets is NOT necessary at all.

Buying 3 to 4 jets is NOT necessary when your church members are living in 2 dollar per day, living in slumps in ajegunle and under the bridge, not being able to pay their children's school fees, unemployed even when they are graduates and other worse conditions.

Pastor Adeboye will NOT understand what i'm saying because you don't pay tax on acquired wealth in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
saxywale:

Of course the Vatican does not belong to the Pope just as Nigeria does not belong to GEJ. However, the private jet registered to Emmanuel Aviation Inc, the Redeemer's University and all the tithes and offerings that members of the RCCG give belongs to Pastor Adeboye. Get the drift!

As per a link that Catholic church priests and bishops support gay marriage. Don't me you really require a link to confirm that.
Anyway for the sake of ease of reference see:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/french-catholic-bishops-endorsing-homosexual-unions-undermining-pro-fa/
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

^^^ Big Fat lie!!
The Pope doesn't travel in commercial airline. Haven't you heard of Sheperd 1 and sherperd 2 ?. Those are the private plane the pope travels in. They are almost as big as US Airforce One
stop being ignorant, the pope own no private jet, read the link below to educate your deluded mind
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/8005854/Pope-visit-what-is-on-board-the-Papal-plane.html
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
1121:
During the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, he ordered 4 the best horse to be ridden into the city: I mean the horse that has never been used by anyone: tear leather. And remember that horse was the best mean of transportation as at then. Also, horses as a mean of transportation was mostly used by the elites in those days. The implication of this is that if there were jet during his time, he will not fly a second hand Jet. My Jesus will buy the best Jet and buy it new. So I pray for myself and Baba adeboye to recieve the grace to fly more jets in Jesus name. Amen

Where was it mentioned that Jesus bought the donkey abi he borrowed it. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Do I need to explain to you the difference between buying and borrowing.
Do I also need to explain to you the difference between one jet and 3 jets
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by kaen1317: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Just wonderin while Christ didn't even need a horse or chariot or why religious leaders of other faiths dont need private jets...nd yet the majority of the followers r sufferin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by doctorbabs(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
. cpmmon stop asking question " is devil usinh u or u want to scatter the congregation ni". dont u know Daddy G O Adeboye is holier than pope even jesus. ahhhhhhh! i dey laugh oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.