Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36851 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by signalpower: 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
i never wanted to comment initially,but what i noticed from ALJEEZERA Network ,the Caption was misleading and the reporter wanted to make a mockery of that church.
let us live this issue of having jet or not, for God only will judge.
i know how Religion has blinded the eyes of people from making them not to see properly.
i reside in England ,since things are working perfectly for the citizens, they find it inconvenient to seek God,but in Africa our leaders has made life unbearable ,which now makes people rush to churches as a place of final resort where thier problems/need can be solved.
what i am saying goes out to fraudulent pastors exploiting or taking advantage of the ,oppressed,confused and weak people, GOD will strike.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Perfect case

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Venchy: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

And as soon as you arrive Heathrow on JFK all you see is well fed people who have too much money to spare because they don't buy jets for their pastors.
Something must therefore be wrong with groups like UK UNCUT who are protest that the government's cuts is pushing more and more people into poverty.( see link below for latest protest)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22136533

[b]My broda, yoruba talk say, THE PERSON WEY DEY SUFFER NO DEY DIE QUICK. Double wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body, (1) Nigeria have no credible Leader (2) Religious Leaders are seriously showing their Colour but majority of Nigerians are colour blind.

I will like to correct you about UK uncut, people are protesting against cut on benefit BENEFIT which is been generated by tax payers and not from selling any Oil lile Nigeria.

I can also sure you that NO Acrch Bishop will be in charge of money let alone living large because they'll be scrutinised by the media as well as the MP's, the british are not that gullible like majority of My people given their money day in day out to an ORDINARY MAN CALLED MOG or My Daddy, they'll rather give their money to charity or go on Holiday or Drink beer....lol.

Hard earn Pound to be dished out to pastor that will be flying around while others are suffering. ..eno possible, Ko se se, IMPOSSIBLELIZATION as FELA said.

I beg stop comparing UK & NIGERIA, there's no basis for comparison, two different situations but tackle your own problem.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by logica(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
1121:
During the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, he ordered 4 the best horse to be ridden into the city: I mean the horse that has never been used by anyone: tear leather. And remember that horse was the best mean of transportation as at then. Also, horses as a mean of transportation was mostly used by the elites in those days. The implication of this is that if there were jet during his time, he will not fly a second hand Jet. My Jesus will buy the best Jet and buy it new. So I pray for myself and Baba adeboye to recieve the grace to fly more jets in Jesus name. Amen
LMAO. You Christians are something else. So to back up your claim, you changed "donkey" into "horse"? I guess somebody had been kind enough to inform you that donkeys were the means of transportation of the poor back in the period of Jesus? So now you had to change the scripture to "horse" since Jesus must be rich abi?

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by logica(m): 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: my dear, don't mislead people to defend the indefensible. Sherpard one is not even the name of a particular plane. Sherpard one is the call sign for any plane the pope is flying in. That is what air traffic controllers call anyplane the pope is one. And when he pope travels, the vatican hires an air italia plane for him and his staff. It's a commercial plane with the pope having his own seat. So my dear, there is no plane like "sherpard one" it's a call sign. So even if the pope is in a carton that is flying, it will be reffered to as "sherpard one".
Thanks for providing some free education to dunces.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by meyri: 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Getting 10% from your congregation is also necessary to do God's work!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Buc(m): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2013
Since we Nigerians have chosen to invest time and money on the abstract, we should never expect the physical rewards. The so called men of God have being investing in the physical, like Dangote and are reaping physical rewards. Pay tax, we no go gree. But, pay tithe so God will not deny you blessings, that one be correct. When you no pay tax and you go still expect Government not to deny you privileges.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 14, 2013
NO,D LAST MAN STANDIN IS STIL UP.TB JOSHUA
money-hungry :
finally, the LAST MAN STANDING is down.
dear Christians, can't y'all see... IT'S A SCAM.
RUN!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by gabinogem(m): 12:41am On Apr 14, 2013
Smh... How gullible some nigerians can be... Man know thyself.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by wirinet(m): 1:19am On Apr 14, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!

why does he need ti be in ten different countries within a space of seven days? is he the one pastoring churches in those countries. can he be present in all branches of the church in all countries. Is there no proper administrative system in place to make sure the church is run smoothly. even multinational companies and franchises that have offices in every country in the world do not need their MD to travel to ten different countries in 6 days.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 14, 2013
logica: LMAO. You Christians are something else. So to back up your claim, you changed "donkey" into "horse"? I guess somebody had been kind enough to inform you that donkeys were the means of transportation of the poor back in the period of Jesus? So now you had to change the scripture to "horse" since Jesus must be rich abi?

This post made my day. Additional 1000 likes.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by AlyricistLaura: 1:56am On Apr 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: Pastor Adeboye Of Redeemed Church Justifies Purchase Ofprivate Jet

Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has justified his purchase of a private jet saying it is necessary for his work.

Mr. Adeboye, one of the most respected Christian leaders in Nigeria and the head of the Redeemed Church that has millions of members across 160 countries, stated this in an interview with global news channel, Aljazeera.

The pastor said “there are things you need,” to perform the task he does as the general overseer.

“When you have to oversee churches in 160 countries, you can’t do that on a bicycle,” he said in response to a specific question on whether he needed to have acquired a private jet.

Though considered unique in his simple appearance and un-flamboyant lifestyle, Mr. Adeboye is one of the increasing numbers of Pentecostal pastors that have acquired private jets, leading to condemnations by some Nigerians.

The other private jet acquiring pastors include David Oyedepo, the head of the Living Faith Church Worldwide; and Ayo Oritsejafor, the current President of the Christian Association of Nigeria.

Despite presiding over churches with hundreds of thousands of poor people, they have all argued that they need the private jets for God’s work.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129374-pastor-adeboye-of-redeemed-church-justifies-purchase-of-private-jet.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=pastor-adeboye-of-redeemed-church-justifies-purchase-of-private-jet

Private Jet Acquiring Pastors

Funny.

Brainwashing Sheep is a Very Lucrative Business.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Fajzay: 2:03am On Apr 14, 2013
ziccoit:

See you there. Did Jesus struggle frantically to own the wold via enrichment when he had the opportunity? Since you want to draw comparison;

Jesus would have established private universities for the less priviledges and destitues.

He would have developed his members instead of flying in private jet all around the world

He would have stood by the poor masses when it matters and feed the corrupt politicians with correct words of God

He would have strived to effect positive changes in his society.

What have u done for the destitutes in your area. Am not talking about your relatives or the area boiz u declare for at the bar near ur crib. Am talking about strangers. So let everyman look inward b4 bashing another. Mtchewww
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 14, 2013
musKeeto: Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

Give your life, and he shall cause you to mount up on wings like cockroach
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

Going to meet his Oga @ d top...
That's nice one mate!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by AlyricistLaura: 2:13am On Apr 14, 2013
9:12 pm on a Saturday.....And I am on this forum, looking at this Bullshit Above

That Means, right now....Something must be wrong with My Life, Not Theirs.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 14, 2013
ebamma: And Jesus wept
john 11:35. cheesy grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by akyme(m): 2:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
mr ,the pope has his own official/private plane its the flag carrier of their country 'alitalia'
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by isosammy: 3:45am On Apr 14, 2013
Guys, kindly do your resarch very well before using examples or comparising on a trend. just for your info Catholic have no jet of thier own talkless of Pope own one who inherit it if he die or resigned as the case may be.Read this from google .....

"suppose he will be flying to the U.S. on an Italian carrier but is Alitalia still flying? The Vatican does not have their own airline as far as I know... If Alitalia still flies they should be flying him to the U.S. as the national carrier. I guess they will have a specially fit First Class cabin for him and his aides and the Cardinals and Press will be in the back of the plane.

For the return the schedule says Departure via Shepherd One. Would President Bush lend his own aircraft to the Pope? Or would it be the alternate Air Force one flying him back to Rome? I find this rather interesting...

Anyway let's wish the Pope a good trip to the U.S. Let's wish him a happy time during his visit and a happy 81st Birthday this coming Wednesday in Washington D.C. I hope President Bush will treat him to a nice lunch and other goodies at the White House on that particular day.

If anybody has extra information please post it on this thread, links and pictures too.

I had to edit the post. I forgot the Andrews AFB to JFK bit.

[Edited 2008-04-13 05:37:14]"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:45am On Apr 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
unlike the vatican city,aviation in nigeria is very poor so public transportation has become a bigtime life/death gamble,hence the need for a private jet,even the president of Nigeria will never use a public jet which goes to show the lack of faith in them.If all 9grians could,everyone would have a private jet,no one wants to be another Dana(like) victim.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:50am On Apr 14, 2013
wirinet:

why does he need ti be in ten different countries within a space of seven days? is he the one pastoring churches in those countries. can he be present in all branches of the church in all countries. Is there no proper administrative system in place to make sure the church is run smoothly. even multinational companies and franchises that have offices in every country in the world do not need their MD to travel to ten different countries in 6 days.
Exactly. There is no reason why a pastor has to travel that often if his church is organized.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by moneyhungry(m): 5:19am On Apr 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: it so obvious a goat pee on your head when you were a baby, your level of stupidity amaze me..
Every info you need is on the internet, run back to the cafe
*falls down from ADEBOYE'S private jet*
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ayenny02(m): 5:22am On Apr 14, 2013
Jesus has said it before; Matthew 23:23

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. It is these you ought to have practiced without neglecting the others.

They always preached about tithe while they neglected the weightier matter of the law. The more we have churches in this country the more we having problem becos they will never let this country be a good country. The more we have problem the more the pastor get richer.
I don't blame Governor Fashola that he said the govt will b collecting tax from those churches and mosques becos if you see the way they are getting money you will fear God.
Let's look back from 1960 till d time we experienced those new generation church, you can see that our problem started in this country from the time this penticostal or new generation churches started operating.
people shud look back and see how churches operated in those days and look how they operated now, you will see that those churches are adding more problem to nigerians untill the govt stop them b4 we can have solution to our problem.

The politicians are using security becos of the insecurity in nigeria and MOG are using security too to protect their life while they have no trust in God for protection.

Back in de dayz,it used to be that normal Jesus pix on posters during conventions or revivals but now its Prophet n Prophetess or Pastor n Pastor mrs,His Holiness n Her Holiness(depend­ing on de toga they prefer),Just thinking about how fast Daddies ve taken over 4m Jesus himself.

BOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 per semester, COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester, BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester, MADONNA UNIVERSITY 350,000 per semester. ALL OF THESE UNIVERSITIES WERE BUILT FROM TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF THE COMMON PEOPLE WHO NOW CAN'T AFFOR
D TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE! where is the morals of the church going? These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed, redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor's birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father's day seed, mother's day seed, children' day seed, pastor's cake seed, olive oil seed, etc. these schls are nw elite schools, only for the rich politician's children. the gainers then use the profits to buy private planes $ jets to fly up high in luxury. While Warren Buffet who owns a company that builds jet, still flies around on public commercial jet.
Meanwhile, their members sleep hungry & d next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12. If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on dis msg because this is reality & we should stop being fooled .

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Redhot111(m): 5:50am On Apr 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.
for ur mind u don finish work abi? Wen Jesus needed d donkey, he didn't spend his follower money or any oda money buying 1. He simply borrowed usin his identity as a guarantee. Den abt d boat he simply borrowed Peter's. Read ur Bible well, tink on wat u read(meditate) before u tlk. Don't jst read it like a novel

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by searay(m): 5:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Kamsy10:

Pope doesnt need 2 visit 10 countries in 5 days cos catholic is not run by one man unlike ur church
sorry bro, i don't go to church because of my Uncle. After dealing with him anyway, I will try and see if I can go back.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by searay(m): 5:58am On Apr 14, 2013
thehomer:

Are you aware that there is at least one larger church that for some reason, doesn't see the need to acquire a private jet?
I'm not aware. What church and what reason(s)?
Hope you are not regarding NL as a church?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by moneyhungry(m): 6:02am On Apr 14, 2013
Sure sir: do u want him 2 treck ? Pls i commend he should get sumtin fast dan jet.
yeah, right! n u probably typed dis goat-sh!t while driving in a KEKE- NAPEPE.
with members like u, he is going to buy a ROCKET very soon ... so that he can be visiting his branch in heaven.
ITI.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by searay(m): 6:04am On Apr 14, 2013
realking: pope dont need 2 be visiting always becos he has a representative(just like ambasado) in every country besides catholic church has a good network
pls go back to the question and try again. I asked for the number of states and countries.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by eriegua83: 6:04am On Apr 14, 2013
Are our pastors afraid to die? The bible says "for without death nobody shall see God" are they no longer sons of God. Flimsy excuses.
elvis_osho:
unlike the vatican city,aviation in nigeria is very poor so public transportation has become a bigtime life/death gamble,hence the need for a private jet,even the president of Nigeria will never use a public jet which goes to show the lack of faith in them.If all 9grians could,everyone would have a private jet,no one wants to be another Dana(like) victim.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by jay2k(m): 6:18am On Apr 14, 2013
silibaba:

guy, park well jooooor

sure there is nothing left in your skull angry
is it not obvious u r an imbesile since u cant read out a meanin from a few lines statement...ewu u must not comment kkk get ur smelling self out of dis thread with ur empty brain if u ve got noting to say kkk.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by jay2k(m): 6:22am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=pappythinko][/quote] @ pappythink d truth is dat am not even a member of dose churches..but isn't dea any reason y pepl shuld grow up nd understand tins d way it is....mtchewwwww u sef carry empty skull i presume cos i found notin wen u reason
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by obaiyanu: 6:28am On Apr 14, 2013
make u na dey run your mouth for naira land. The learner wey open this thread, how many of your cars have you sold to feed the poor. And if u no get car ur name na sorry.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by JoeboyEbuka(m): 6:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Simplicity matters....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.