Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36854 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by IbroYaya: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia

^^^ Big Fat lie!!
The Pope doesn't travel in commercial airline. Haven't you heard of Sheperd 1 and sherperd 2 ?. Those are the private plane the pope travels in. They are almost as big as US Airforce One

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
jidewin: Kai..is it that bad now he is even refered to as MR Adeboye....na wa o.
how is it bad to call a man Mr? Would you prefer Mrs Adeboye?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by jay2k(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
i ve always known dat pepl must talk weda good or bad...if not i c no reason y pepl would want pastors dat r doing Gods work nd r getin d money associated with it to leave dea life and come nd live u pepls own life....helping d poor is wat dis pastors are already into am sure dat tith paying members of livingfaith under bishop oyedepo do recieve school fees from d church as surport...come to tink of it is,wat dey get from doing Gods work is wat statutrily belongs to dem by virtue of doing Gods work so wen did 1 using his thing in a way he deems fit starts 2 depends on peple opinion..he has just said it dat it enhances his ability to reach d hundreds of branches he has all over d world is it not enof reason to own such ? Wat has ur weak confused president done for u,who is even d person holding d money dat statutrily belongs to u.rada he will map out money he is ready to spend on terorist.nd u r hea openin ur dirty mouth to tell sombody who worked for his money wat to do with it...y not open ur own church ,get members let dem get u ur own money den u call all d poor pepl in nigeria nd start shearing it to dem nd leave ways u can make ur church to grow nd stand well...do u peple read d bible @ all nd try to find out wat d bible said about d great commision...so dey should leave it nd start shearing money to d poor so dat u fools dat dont kno any tin will be happy with dem nd dey will defeat Gods aim of calling dem,den it will be dat dey ve tried shey only wat u guys know is hw to come out nd start criticising peple dat has planned dem selves....omo u guys should wake up nd use ur time well cos time don almost go oooo !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by silibaba: 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat a undecidednd a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.

k.
what if oyinbo no invent jet so redeemed for dont fall abi

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by matrixme(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
BEMAN: jesus had d opportunity to use horse bt he used donkey so nt a gud ref mate
God bless you for this! Did Jesus not come to leave a model for new testament Christianity? What of Paul the apostle? Is he any different in the way he lived his livestyle? You know that part where Jesus said that the poor will always be among us, Maybe He meant for us to take care of them. I don't want to judge anyone here , but in a country where lots and lots of people are suffering avoidably daily, yet if some are so much comfortable because they preach the gospel, then it tells alot. If the church is not leaving a model for social justice in today's world, then so much for being the salt of the earth then!
P.S I used to think like this man in the next post too, till I got my reasoning back from sentiment. No offence meant o!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by DonaldGenes(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
I go with you sir
Or abi these people think we should ride bicycle just to propaqate God's word? Or abi who says pastors must be a pauper? Some people just reason from the anus!! Ride on Pastor!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by naijathings(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
musKeeto: Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

Give your life, and he shall cause you to mount up on wings like cockroach
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

Going to meet his Oga @ d top...
you don kolo finish...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
abhosts: Baba owes no one an explanation. The Jet was not bought with Taxpayers Money.

That's what they make you believe. politicians buy jets for them and they pose that it's a gift from church members.
Why do u think as corrupt as Nigeria is, our dear pastors just keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Zector(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
If God is with you nobody can be against you and succed.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
some people should learn how to reason.....undecided

Where were y'all b4 adeboye became a household name??
Do u knw hw he started??
About tithe paying, did he force anyone to pay tithe ?? I mean, did he threaten with a gun??

"Ur tithe is the key to abundant blessing"...the bible says so NOT adeboye!!

And people tlking about the pope pls shut it! The Vatican alone is quite rich dat the pope even drinks frm a golden chalet, encrusted in rare gems!! undecided

His members have a reason for sticking with him.....
Jesus was made poor so that we'll be rich!! Oh because he's a man of God therefore he won't enjoy better things shey?? Doctors, lawyers, economists, politicians buy private jets on a daily yet u won't hear bout it!

Elijah, abraham, david etc were all rich so why all dah fuss??

I'm not even a member of his church but people shld learn hw not to run their mouths

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes: I go with you sir
Or abi these people think we should ride bicycle just to propaqate God's word? Or abi who says pastors must be a pauper? Some people just reason from the anus!! Ride on Pastor!!!!!!

Really? no wonder corruption in nigeria is a hopeless situation

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by topsey01: 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Most of the pastors in Nigeria now, they are just deceiving us' just using pastor as guide, if u don't notice. Most of them are one of dose richest people in Nigeria
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia

The fact that the FALSE statement made by Ogbeche77 has so far received 17 'likes' says a lot about the level of intelligence and knowledge of the people who are always looking for what to criticize about pastors.

First of all, the Pope does not only have two PRIVATE JETS (called Shepherd One and Shepherd two), he also owns a COUNTRY, a BANK, a CURRENCY and many other things which no Nigeria General Overseer owns. Even with these jets, the Popes have so far been ineffective in their tasks of overseeing the I billion Catholics you talk about(perhaps because he does not leave the Vatican too often). Apart from the issues of the sex scandals, the Catholic Church also happens to be the most divided church on theology and doctrine. For example, the Church doctrine is against gay marriage. However, majority of Catholics including Priests and Bishops openly go against the Church and support it. Is that the product of effective overseeing? My simple view is this: If the private jet enables these pastors to effectively carry out their tasks, then let them have it! After all, not one is forcing you to contribute to the purchase of the jets.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ZUBY77(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:
Yes, the pope does not own a jet but he owns a COUNTRY, a BANK, a CURRENCY and many other things which no Nigeria General Overseer owns. Furthermore, Don't tell me you are blind to the fact that the Popes have so far been ineffective in their tasks of overseeing the I billion Catholics you talk about. Apart from the issues of the sex scandals, the Catholic Church also happens to be the most divided church on theology and doctrine. For example, the Church doctrine is against gay marriage. However, majority of Catholics including Priests and Bishops openly go against the Church and support it. Is that the product of effective overseeing? My simple view is this: If the private jet enables these pastors to effectively carry out their tasks, then let them have it! After all, not one is forcing you to contribute to the purchase of the jets.

Nkapi. Is it the private jet that will end division in the Churches' belief system?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by redsun(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sky high by kanye west . It's all about bling at the expense of magas.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
carr96: some people should learn how to reason.....undecided

Where were y'all b4 adeboye became a household name??
Do u knw hw he started??
About tithe paying, did he force anyone to pay tithe ?? I mean, did he threaten with a gun??

"Ur tithe is the key to abundant blessing"...the bible says so NOT adeboye!!

And people tlking about the pope pls shut it! The Vatican alone is quite rich dat the pope even drinks frm a golden chalet, encrusted in rare gems!! undecided

His members have a reason for sticking with him.....
Jesus was made poor so that we'll be rich!! Oh because he's a man of God therefore he won't enjoy better things shey?? Doctors, lawyers, economists, [b]politicians buy private jets on a daily yet u won't hear bout it!

I'm not even a member of his church but people shld learn hw not to run their mouths[/b]

So because everybody does it,makes it right? Yes politicians buy those jets for pastors that's why the pastors don't utter a word to policitians to do sth about their unemployed members.Its only to collect tithe.
Look at Kumuyi with his youth empowerment programs or is he not doing God's work. He doesn't own ONE jet.
Its cos of people like you that nigeria is this way. Once anybody is rich, he becomes a god and cannot be corrected. Everything he does is right.smh

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by silibaba: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
jay2k: dis 1 statement of urs sujest u can neva grow up.... Nw tell me hw many air-line was operating during jesus day,nd how many jesus used since u still want oyedepo,adebayo etc to use public air services...o boy always tink b4 u talk not d oda way round...

guy, park well jooooor

sure there is nothing left in your skull angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
ZUBY77:

Nkapi. Is it the private jet that will end division in the Churches' belief system?

I am not surprised that you don't get it. So let me break it down.
A private jet enables you to travel with relative ease to 'oversee' your churches effectively. I'm afraid I cannot break it down for your any further if you still don't get it. You may want to read some basic text books about effective management
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by pappythinko(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
musKeeto: Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

Give your life, and he shall cause you to mount up on wings like cockroach
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

Going to meet his Oga @ d top...
You mean going to Aso villa to meet Goodluck Jonathan abi?? No be today anyway.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by justicesky24(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
why dont he gve d money of d private jet to d orphange nd people dat re in need

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

I am not surprised that you don't get it. So let me break it down.
A private jet enables you to travel with relative ease to 'oversee' your churches effectively. I'm afraid I cannot break it down for your any further if you still don't get it. You may want to read some basic text books about effective management

You defined the work of one jet.
Tell us the work of 3,4 jets for one person

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by cdamsel(f): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
I think say na only me watch am,it was embarrassing watching dat interview,it was a joke embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

So because everybody does it,makes it right? Yes politicians buy those jets for pastors that's why the pastors don't utter a word to policitians to do sth about their unemployed members.Its only to collect tithe.
Look at Kumuyi with his youth empowerment programs or is he not doing God's work.
Its cos of people like you that nigeria is this way. Once anybody is rich, he becomes a god and cannot be corrected. Everything he does is right.smh

oh so because he's a man of God, he shouldn't buy a private jet?? undecided a man of God is till a human being! Like I said people can't reason! When a man of God gets angry or does something irrational people den say he's not a true man of God! Lyk wtf! A man of God is still a human being for crying out loud!

In fact let God bless my hustle! I'll buy more than a private jet.......my God isn't a poor God grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

The fact that the FALSE statement made by Ogbeche77 has so far received 17 'likes' says a lot about the level of intelligence and knowledge of the people who are always looking for what to criticize about pastors.

First of all, the Pope does not only have two PRIVATE JETS (called Shepherd One and Shepherd two), he also owns a COUNTRY, a BANK, a CURRENCY and many other things which no Nigeria General Overseer owns. Even with these jets, the Popes have so far been ineffective in their tasks of overseeing the I billion Catholics you talk about(perhaps because he does not leave the Vatican too often). Apart from the issues of the sex scandals, the Catholic Church also happens to be the most divided church on theology and doctrine. For example, the Church doctrine is against gay marriage. However, majority of Catholics including Priests and Bishops openly go against the Church and support it. Is that the product of effective overseeing? My simple view is this: If the private jet enables these pastors to effectively carry out their tasks, then let them have it! After all, not one is forcing you to contribute to the purchase of the jets.

Stop the rants ma dear, pdp has bought the pastors with jets using taxpayers money, thats the problem

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by fuqua: 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
@ogbeche77, you said it best.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

Stop the rants ma dear, pdp has bought the pastors with jets using taxpayers money, thats the problem
Who is attacking the Catholic church? I only stated facts, and particular noted that while the catholic church's doctrines are well conceived, several of its members and bishops take the liberty to go against it with levity. How is that an attack?
By the way, Nigerians like to talk about 'Taxpayers money' as if they pay tax. Abeg make I hear

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Godsate: 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pope has very few number of meetings, seminals, crusade and evangelism compare to the pentecostal pastor with churches round the world. Pope hardly travel out.

Pastor Adeboye has a lot of meetings round the world with the children of God in the locations already aware and looking forward for their ministration. The pastor can't disappoint the people that has been waiting. For example, a pastor that is at Canada today and has to minister in China tomorrow and be in Ghana day after and back to Japan the next day. Do you expect such pastor to be waiting for commercial plane. Has any of you experience or heard of delay flight before? Emerging a crusade with publicity round the country with people from different cities gather together and when it's time for the invited guest to minister and get the announcement that the man can't make it due to delay flight.

Please, before you make any comment, pls kindly think wide. The only question I'm going to ask is this: If you are to go to different locations at different area in Lagos in a day to preach in timed events which one is better, going from one garage to other to take turns than to move around in your private car with your driver?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by pappythinko(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=jay2k]i ve always known dat pepl must talk weda good or bad...if not i c no reason y pepl would want pastors dat r doing Gods work nd r getin d money associated with it to leave dea life and come nd live u pepls own life....helping d poor is wat dis pastors are already into am sure dat tith paying members of livingfaith under bishop oyedepo do recieve school fees from d church as surport.
The reason u ve decided to tke d current issue xo personal is beyond me.Are u d attack dog of daddy G.O?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by MrUzo: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
I still respect him a lot!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by matrixme(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Though I am not a Catholic, I won't stand by and watch you propagate your hear-say on the internet about the Catholic church. The pope does not have a private jet, and I don't think he drinks from golden chalet. Infact, the present pope is such a moderacy-loving pope that he "has been known for his humility, his concern for the poor, and ...has displayed a simpler and less formal approach to the office, including a decision to reside in the Vatican guesthouse rather than the papal residence used by his predecessors since 1903." According to Wikipedia. Please bring up your facts with proof next time.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
carr96:

oh so because he's a man of God, he shouldn't buy a private jet?? undecided a man of God is till a human being! Like I said people can't reason! When a man of God gets angry or does something irrational people den say he's not a true man of God! Lyk wtf! A man of God is still a human being for crying out loud!

In fact let God bless my hustle! I'll buy more than a private jet.......my God isn't a poor God grin

No problem as long as you're not milking church members. Jesus never emphasized tithe
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Symphony007: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor, mother theresa became one of the most famous preachers of christ and agent of charity with an entire life's possesion of two pairs of her nunnery uniform and sweater, a chaplet,a prayer book, sandals and toothbrush!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.