Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,121 members, 7,845,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (348019 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2013
Amaaskia:

I'm from Akwa ibom doesn't mean I live in Akwa ibom. I live in Abuja. I've decided to ignore foolish comments, I'll rather sit back and watch these foolish comments posted. Oh and I'm ready for service, off to shake it and praise my darling Jesus * :-D* Have fun posting crap!
Nah Helen Apabio you dey go shake it cheesy ... Bless The Lord oh my soul... smiley

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2013
OP i blif by nw u shud be dancing gangnam style as the purpose to which u posted dis thread hs been achieved 'bountifully'.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by bxcode(m): 9:21am On Apr 14, 2013
BabaTony:

I owe you a bottle of beer
Really, hope its gonna be chilled cool cheesy
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2013
bxcode:
Really, hope its gonna be chilled cool cheesy

I bet you that, real chilled. wink
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Godsmma: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2013
Ibom stadium it's a lie. Nothin like that. Hv been there.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 14, 2013
Akwa Ibom ado OK mbok!!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Plutonium(m): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2013
djustice:

Just like the man said, make an effort to get off your fat azz and go there to see for yourself. Development is evenly distributed, unlike Lagos where it's just some parts of Suru-Lere, some parts of the Island and some parts of Ikeja that come anywhere near what we see throughout Akwa Ibom..

Guess what, when they wanted to invest in power, they built a massive 191mw turbine, and now they have 24 hours light in Uyo, unlike the 10mw rubbish on Marina and at Iju that Tinubu's houseboy, Fash-ole is claiming through PPP.

Stop bellyaching and appreciate what is good when you see it. Mumu.

Shut up, f**king dumb a**. I've moved through virtually every LGA in Akwa Ibom. That crook of a governor is just developing his hometown Ikot Ekpene, and Uyo to keep the Ibibios happy. The LGAs where the oil money is coming from is totally neglected. No motorable road..just nothing.

And then you got paid to come to nairaland, opened up your smelly sycophant mouth and be talking Even Distribution of development. Listen NLers, you'll only know if you see the big picture.

Now Read This:
Akwa Ibom receives every month over N50 Billion, I repeat, over N50 Billion monthly. so all those pictures are just nothing. Even Lagos state that some idiot crucifying, with a massive liability in infrastructure maintenance receives N22 Billion. Compare the population and Urban size, the you'll know Akpabio has stolen Akwa Ibom blind. Not to talk of states like Ekiti and Gomber receiving N9/10 Billion...

Enough of this nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Akpan107(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2013
Abagworo: Like I've always written, a Governor that receives 25 to 30billion monthly and another that receives 3 to 5 billion monthly can only be compared based on how they manage their funds. Most Nigerian States apart from Rivers, Delta, Akwa-Ibom and Bayelsa receive roughly 3 to 4billion and have exactly same recurrent expenditure as Akwa-Ibom. In essence, Akpabio has excess of 20billion monthly when compared with other Governors.

My question to his supporters " is there anything to show for this other than what I've been seeing?"
You are right! With the amount the State Govt recieves, AKWA-IBOM ought to have been more beautiful than London... Thank you bros, I'm from Akwa-Ibom state(From Ikot-Abasi) and i love a contructive critisism and unbaised one! You just hit the point.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2013
crimo4us:

If you are talking of education, don't even mention Rivers state, the state is 100 years behind many state in Nigeria. Rivers state has the highest grade of examination malpratices in Nigeria. If you must know, that is where student can write and pass WAEC in absential, lots more. When you want to mention education, please leave Rivers out of it.
look at this kid! Which state in this country that is'nt having problems with exam malpractise? But which state has fought exam malpractise more than rivers state? The state government personally sends para-military forces to supervise exams and anyone caught is jailed. The governour and commisioner of education visit exam centers, where is that done? The government has fought so had and wace keeps telling them not to interfere with their organisation. So what do you expect them to do? You dare open your mouth to attack educationally the only state in the federation that jails parents who don't send their kids to school, and has the most sorphisticated schools where fees,uniform,sandals,books and even lunch is free. Better think twice before talking!!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 9:45am On Apr 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKIvb_bSOxg

Godsmma: Ibom stadium it's a lie. Nothin like that. Hv been there.

No it is not a lie, what you saw in the thread ia 3d model. The video of the project is on you tube above.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by pendusky(m): 9:47am On Apr 14, 2013
Cant Wait for Olympic Sized Stadium to be completed! proudly Eyen Akwa Ibom!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Plutonium(m): 9:50am On Apr 14, 2013
tawa89: did Fashola build an airport? What about a power station? I personally know 5 Akwa Ibomites that receive bursary from their State government every year. How many has Fashola given your younger brother? How many roads are tolled in Lagos? Its there any road been tolled in Akwa ibom? Akwa Ibom has the best E-library in the country which was built by Akpabio . How many has Fashola built? Even with the highest IGR in the country i don't think Fashola has done anything exceptional in Lagos. He inherited the former capital of Nigeria. Akpabio inherited Akwa Ibom. Thats the difference.

Shut up. Akpabio did not build the Airport, he did not also build the power station. Both were done by Victor Attah.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Evestar200(f): 9:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Stop this rubbish? All da goverment in nigeria are bad,,they just loot all our money nd construct one rubbish nd call it infrastrature nd development nd we will start coming here nd showering praises to dem,,, God will punish all d goverment mostly d idiot dats in my state called UDUAGHA
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 9:54am On Apr 14, 2013
dabrake: is it just me or . . . WTF! Not even Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, . . . WTF again?
look at this child, you want to compare the population and commercial power of port harcourt with ibadan,kano and kaduna? How many corporation has their headquaters in this city but i'll list "some" in p.h. Nigerian LNG,shell,mobile,siapem,TSKJ,CBI, ibeto, indomie,NDDC,lubric,marcopolo.and many more!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by crimo4us(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2013
Symphony007: look at this kid! Which state in this country that is'nt having problems
with exam malpractise? But which state has fought exam malpractise more than rivers state? The state government personally sends para-military forces to supervise exams and anyone caught is jailed. The governour and commisioner of education visit exam centers, where is that done? The government has fought so had and wace keeps telling them not to interfere with their organisation. So what do you expect them to do? You dare open your mouth to attack educationally the only state in the federation that jails parents who don't send their kids to school, and has the most sorphisticated schools where fees,uniform,sandals,books and even lunch is free. Better think twice before talking!!

You are a damn fool, because all these take place in the city you think that is how it is in every part of Rivers state. I know of a school where they have only five staff, all the rest are corpers. Come to Gokhana, you will know that more that half of the female population don't go to school, how many have they jailed. Don't come here to spit nonsense. Ignoramus.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2013
I'll be sincere here. The Roads are beautiful; they look quality. The "air" around is calm too, I almost felt the serenity of the place from my phone lol.

But I counted around 4, no, I counted 4 roads. The shots were just taken from different ends. I didn't buy that.

And the hotels? Nah! Fashola or his media boys dare not show me 4Point by Sheraton or any other hotel for that matter as "development". This too does not fly.

Taking into consideration the state's population and it's monthly allocation, errr the governor can do more...

Look, people should quit comparing Lagos, by extension Fashola to Akwa-Ibom. Population? Revenue (IGR+Allocation)? Peculiarities? C'mon!

Badore-Ado road, Langbasa road, Ado road, Lekki-Epe, Ozumba, Ramp bridge, Alaka-Stadium road, Alfred Rewane, Bode Thomas road, Census road, Orile-Doyin axis road, Apapa-Oshodi, Akerele road, Unity road, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Ogunlana drive... Should I continue? Fuggetaboutit! Akpabio is a child.

I love the air in Akwa-Ibom though. I am going there soon kiss
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Beync(f): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2013
uyo is fine no doubt, it has taken over calabar.

But ebi say i never see dog for uyo even police dog?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Appleipad: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2013
This is wonderful! You can't give what you don't have, kudos to Akpabio for this transformation.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lonelydora: 10:26am On Apr 14, 2013
Akwa Ibom Ayaya
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 10:26am On Apr 14, 2013
olu_kenzo :
I'll be sincere here. The Roads are beautiful; they look quality. The "air" around is calm too, I almost felt the serenity of the place from my phone lol.

But I counted around 4, no, I counted 4 roads. The shots were just taken from different ends. I didn't buy that.

And the hotels? Nah! Fashola or his media boys dare not show me 4Point by Sheraton or any other hotel for that matter as "development". This too does not fly.

Taking into consideration the state's population and it's monthly allocation, errr the governor can do more...

Look, people should quit comparing Lagos, by extension Fashola to Akwa-Ibom. Population? Revenue (IGR+Allocation)? Peculiarities? C'mon!

Badore-Ado road, Langbasa road, Ado road, Lekki-Epe, Ozumba, Ramp bridge, Alaka-Stadium road, Alfred Rewane, Bode Thomas road, Census road, Orile-Doyin axis road, Apapa-Oshodi, Akerele road, Unity road, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Ogunlana drive... Should I continue? Fuggetaboutit! Akpabio is a child.

I love the air in Akwa-Ibom though. I am going there soon kiss

Olu you need to visit akwa ibom to really know the number of roads I believe. Me mentioning them here for you might not convince you enough. Take a trip yourself and make on the spot assessment.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Plutonium(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2013
Eko Ile:

Lagos state built the first and largest IPP in Nigeria when apabio so cut that noise about IPP.

Nearly every state in Nigeria give busary so nothing special about your akwa.

Questions.

All you you've posted are just a few roads. What about other infrastructures for day to day existence

Where are the water works? There are 15 in lagos.

Where are the schools? no vision

Where are the hospitals and clinics? Akpabio does not understand heath for the poor. He goes abroad for his.

Where are the parks and rec centers?

Where are the skill acquisition centers. There are 17 in lagos. Skill ke?

Where are the low cost housing. Fashola built many and there is one currently on the front page.....Akpabio is building a personal housing estate in Uyo behind Shelter Afrique, whose roads Akpabio does not care. And now, he is constructing a dual carriage road through this housing project to his personal estate.....if you doubt me, call anybody that know any bit about real estate in Uyo, you'll confirm this. Same he is doing in ikot ekpene to the detriment of other LGAs.

Where are the orphanages and homes for abused women.

Where are your state institutional infrastructures like the courts, agric institutes.

Show us your water jetties and terminals......He wants to build a deep sea port Ibaka. Lying c*nt. Soon, the whole sh*t will unravel.

Show us anywhere in Nigeria with visionary projects like lagbus, brt, ten lane expressly with brt and metro rail access.

show us your cultural institutions like freedom square

Maybe I should stop here and allow you to catch up before continuing..

I'm waiting

Why do I feel sorry for you people sef?.

Questions.

All you you've posted are just a few roads. What about other infrastructures for day to day existence

Where are the water works? There are 15 in lagos.

Where are the schools? no vision

Where are the hospitals and clinics? Akpabio does not understand heath for the poor. He goes abroad for his.

Where are the parks and rec centers?

Where are the skill acquisition centers. There are 17 in lagos. Skill ke?

Where are the low cost housing. Fashola built many and there is one currently on the front page.....Akpabio is building a personal housing estate in Uyo behind Shelter Afrique, whose roads Akpabio does not care. And now, he is constructing a dual carriage road through this housing project to his personal estate.....if you doubt me, call anybody that know any bit about real estate in Uyo, you'll confirm this. Same he is doing in ikot ekpene to the detriment of other LGAs.

Where are the orphanages and homes for abused women.

Where are your state institutional infrastructures like the courts, agric institutes.

Show us your water jetties and terminals......He wants to build a deep sea port Ibaka. Lying c*nt. Soon, the whole sh*t will unravel.

Show us anywhere in Nigeria with visionary projects like lagbus, brt, ten lane expressly with brt and metro rail access.

show us your cultural institutions like freedom square
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Costa2000(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2013
Wow Uyo is a nice place,I have to visit uyo whenever am in Naija.Good pictures,Well done Mr Akpabio.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 14, 2013
BabaTony:

Olu you need to visit akwa ibom to really know the number of roads I believe. Me mentioning them here for you might not convince you enough. Take a trip yourself and make on the spot assessment.

Thank you. Ofcourse I need to!

But people should stop putting death and sleep on the same scale. I don't like my intelligence being insulted.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lewa(m): 10:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Where are pictures of the rural areas? Pictures of hospitals,clinics,universities,schools?

I am curious..development should be percolate through all sectors..not showing hotels and water fountains will do?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by abdul23(m): 10:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Wooow!such a beautiful city.from a village to world class city?.thumbs up Ababio.i'm impressed.Always a room for improvement though.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lewa(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2013
I apologise for my typos..just getting up.. smiley
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 14, 2013
"...and they comparing themselves with one another are not being wise" -Holy Bible
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by homealone2(m): 11:33am On Apr 14, 2013
Rooneyboy: Undoubtedly the most beautiful city in Nigeria .
but abj /calabar / lagos comes before uyo
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2013
haterz can keep hating, all i Know is that we have every almost thing we need now grin grin

play golf
watch movies
swim at Ibeno beach
point and kill
when the stadium is done i watch live matches after i catch a flight at Ibom Airport grin

waiting mode activated for Spaars
grin

stop hating u don chop

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Itoroetti(m): 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
mmmustapha: Dis city is a village compare with port hercourt or kaduna

See boko brother calling someone's zone a village.but u don make ur place a run away zone
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Bros you don travel see Nigeria? You don go Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Rivers? Hmmm... stop watching NTA... my simples advice wink
Abeg no vex, comot kaduna and kano for that list. Especially kaduna.

Meanwhile, una notice something? E b like say them no dey print poster for uyo o! And e b like say these "calabar" people no dey drink pure water o!
Nna, the town clean for eye no be small!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.