Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (346876 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
tawa89: why are you this hateful and tribal? Why good things dey pepper you for body ni? Why is it that you hate it when good things are happening in other parts of the country? This is beyond politics and tribalism. This is pure hatred for Nigeria. you are pissed that other parts of Nigeria are developing? Let me educate you a little . Lagos has been there even before the 'word' Nigeria was muted. Lagos has enjoyed special priviledges even before our independence. Lagos was federal colony . Lagos was capital territory for more dan 30 yrs. Lagos was the seat of power in Nigeria. How can you compare Lagos that has been everything in Nigeria with Uyo that has been nothing? One was a former colony, former capital and economic hub of Nigeria while the other was a former 'village' . If e dy pain cos of d developmental strides in Akwa Ibom kindly trek down to 3rd mainland bridge and do the needful.

Story. This is about akwa and not lagos and if you feel like dragging lagos into it, I'll deal with you just with Fasholas work alone without anything before him.

Shebi apabio and fashola enter office at the same time? Do you feel like listing their work side by side. ? try me if you can because rant and talk is cheap.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
6 years in office and achievements and picture no pass one page even with all the duplications...

smh....

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by sureteeboy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hmm.. A very beautiful city of peace, but u don't even know if there's one boko brother in d house here.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ChimaAdeoye: 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
With the world class infrastructure,
Completion of the Ibom International airport and Ibaka Sea port,
Akwa-Ibom is destined to be one of the new centers of gravity in Nigeria.

GOD BLESS GODSWILL AKPABIO !

Other Governors in Nigeria should emulate him and think big. Not merely sinking boreholes and building culverts. grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Soso990240(m): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
Dejohnbull: I wan't know if Rivers & Abia states are rule by ACN? Reason is the 2 states rule by PDP is worst than wat Amosun is working in infarstructure in southwest.
ur post no make single sense..read am again.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mmmustapha(m): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
Dis city is a village compare with port hercourt or kaduna

4 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Soso990240(m): 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile: 6 years in office and achievements and picture no pass one page even with all the duplications...

smh....
abeg post ur governor own..him dn complete any project?

6 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
Soso990240: abeg post ur governor own..him dn complete any project?

Are you a comedian too?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by saintchyco: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
i must confess the state is very beautify
been there and i enjoyed every minute of my stay

7 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Soso990240(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
mmmustapha: Dis city is a village compare with port hercourt or kaduna
big lie..(asi ocha)..na dis state and enugu fine pass 4 naija..no doubt,ghetto must surely dey in evry state.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Boss13: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
Stop posting la meriden hotel. Kai the only 5 star hotel in Nigeria very beautiful indeed.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Soso990240(m): 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Are you a comedian too?
yeah..bt am nt dat funny..especially wen sayin d truth..was ur daddy a comedian?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by kcsider: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
The pics seems too beautiful to believe. If this can happen at Uyo then other state gov shd submit themselves to life in jail except few though

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2013
Now its time to abuse your father? Who let you emotionally unstable people enter internet?

its time to ignore this clown...
Soso990240: yeah..bt am nt dat funny..especially wen sayin d truth..was ur daddy a comedian?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mike404(m): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
BIA mallam si ebe a puo now angry

4 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Akpan107(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
true talk! I know more of Porthercourt... But Akwa-Ibom is still coming up
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mike404(m): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
djustice:

OLORIBURUKU, AKOTILETA, OMO ABA FI SE NKAN OSU DANU. OMO ALE JATIJATI!!!

cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
exactly!!! My dear, you know the koko!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by systemz(m): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sorry pls, is this city in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tawa89(f): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Story. This is about akwa and not lagos and if you feel like dragging lagos into it, I'll deal with you just with Fasholas work alone without anything before him.

Shebi apabio and fashola enter office at the same time? Do you feel like listing their work side by side. ? try me if you can because rant and talk is cheap.

did Fashola build an airport? What about a power station? I personally know 5 Akwa Ibomites that receive bursary from their State government every year. How many has Fashola given your younger brother? How many roads are tolled in Lagos? Its there any road been tolled in Akwa ibom? Akwa Ibom has the best E-library in the country which was built by Akpabio . How many has Fashola built? Even with the highest IGR in the country i don't think Fashola has done anything exceptional in Lagos. He inherited the former capital of Nigeria. Akpabio inherited Akwa Ibom. Thats the difference.

12 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mmmustapha(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
cry
Omo_Tier1: OP, below is the map of Akwa-Ibom, can you please show us the development in other places lipsrsealed
cry
Omo_Tier1: OP, below is the map of Akwa-Ibom, can you please show us the development in other places lipsrsealed
did u pass ur geography

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
No more internet pictures to scavenge and post...

Less talk and more picture abeg...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Idongi(m): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
I love 2 see dis! tanx 2 dis felo 4 posting
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by TheBookWorm: 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
A very picturesque city. cool

But what are the industries besides oil?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mmmustapha(m): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
mike404:
BIA mallam si ebe a puo now angry
are u alright
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Danhumprey: 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
I am an indigene of Akwa ibom state,and after reading all the comments on dis thread,i cannot but laugh at some people's sentimental,biased and ignorant views. I don't want to sound unpatriotic to my State,but truth must be told. Most of those places you see in the pics,they are mostly situated in Uyo and it's environs. Some are in few of the major local govt headquaters like Ikot abasi,Ikot ekpene,Eket,Abak,etc. The rest of the local govts have little or nothing to show the govt's developmental interventions in them. Even in Uyo,for those of you who are saying that there is 24/7 supply of electricity,u may be wrong. There are places there that don't even experience 1hour of electricity not to talk of 24hrs. So before you comment,get your facts correct! Don't depend on hear-say. You can't guage the infrastructural development of a state through the lens of the development in the capital city alone! Though,i conceed that Akpabio is trying,he seems to be too much over-praised.

10 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile: 6 years in office and achievements and picture no pass one page even with all the duplications...

smh....

If you are waiting for free pictures from me personally, Sorry I have none for you. If you want to know anything about Akwa Ibom. Pick your sorry asss and PAY for a flight to Akwa Ibom International Airport then make sure you travel round the state. Then you come back here and request for pictures then I will give you pictures.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by SisiKill1: 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Lovely pictures!!!

It's too bad places likes these aren't actively promoted. Many foreigners are only aware of Lagos and as much as you try to convince them not to judge Nigeria with the Lagos madness, you can only do so much. One has to be really strong minded not to be completely turned off.

So here's to showing Nigeria in another light. kiss

7 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tellwisdom: 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nice pictures from carribean island and uyo..
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
BabaTony:

If you are waiting for free pictures from me personally, Sorry I have none for you. If you want to know anything about Akwa Ibom. Pick your sorry asss and PAY for a flight to Akwa Ibom International Airport then make sure you travel round the state. Then you come back here and request for pictures then I will give you pictures.

Thanks for letting me know there is nothing more in akwa to show and you've ran out of petrol.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Soso990240(m): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile: Now its time to abuse your father? Who let you emotionally unstable people enter internet?

its time to ignore this clown...
nw i knw d level of ur reasonin..so poor..a question is making u sound like a street tout? U need help

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tunde300us(m): 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
I hear people say akpabio built the airport and bla bla bla.That airport was 70% completed when akpabio took govt and for ur info there is no 24/7 power in any state of Nigeria,even aso rock no get am.
U see roads and no cars on them and you are comparing it with lagos,if the amount of vehicles that pass through oshodi alone passes through those roads am telling you in 6 months you will be cursing this same akpabio.
As much as i concede to the fact that uyo is taking shape, i think the comparism to other states like lagos,cross rivers etc is not needed because the comparism is just not there.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.