Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,310 members, 7,846,379 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (348034 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
tropicana nearing completion.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
tropicana

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nebeuwa(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
If you build it, they will come.

We salute you Akpabio.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-1CYMsIPeyKU/TybE0csE41I/AAAAAAAAByE/ewUMK3SS1Y0/s1600/Godswill_Akpabio1.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nebeuwa(m): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Why can't Abia look like this? It is right next door and it has oil wells. angry
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nebeuwa: Why can't Abia look like this? It is right next door and it has oil wells. angry

Why do you always feel like comparing states? its not a contest. celebrate Aks for what it is and Abia for what it is. dont forget that ABA is a great commercial/industrial city in nigeria very few cities in nigeria can compare to Aba for its industry.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
ujoinme: tropicana nearing completion.

@Ujoinme,

Do you know any reason why this tropicana complex has not been landscaped? At least the cineplex in use now should be well lanscaped to make the complex attractive. Right now its not. Grass has overgrown the fence and complex.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^ Its still under construction.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
ujoinme:

Why do you always feel like comparing states? It's not a contest.
It is.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
ujoinme: ^^^ Its still under construction.

I know my brother. Im just asking because I know the cineplex is in use and wonder why the rush if they weren't ready to give the place a good look.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hot damn!!!!! shocked shocked

This is one beautiful city.

Just marvelous.

Roads with pedestrian walks, something alien to Nigeria road builders.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1061308_408330_10151149437456698_679868763_n_zps0744b368_jpg16206a311a4e9594678433824e79ce45[/img]

This is how you build a road. No Nigerian community should EVER accept anything less than THIS when roads are supposedly being built in their area. Either they do it this way or you chase away the contractor.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
BabaTony:

I know my brother. Im just asking because I know the cineplex is in use and wonder why the rush if they weren't ready to give the place a good look.

I can authoritatively tell you that the landscape works for the entire complex will soon commence starting from the theme park which is inside the complex. Jardin has been contracted to undertake the landscape works. works on the cinema and mall area will commence when Julius Berger completes the remaining portion of the carpark and internal roads.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
t-something:

I can authoritatively tell you that the landscape works for the entire complex will soon commence starting from the theme park which is inside the complex. Jardin has been contracted to undertake the landscape works. works on the cinema and mall area will commence when Julius Berger completes the remaining portion of the carpark and internal roads.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't like the look of that place especially from the outside. The front fence was overgrown with weeds. Without being told one won't know a cinema has been running there for close to a year! The govt in the interim should cut the grasses and make the place more decent.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by kelvincoll(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
solomon111: God bless akwa-ibom.

And Bless you too cool
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
can someone post the picture of the level of work on the convention center at the Tropicana complex? will like to see how far they have gone with the project in light of the fact that it is to be commissioned 1st quarter of 2014. t- something are u in uyo? can you do that please?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 16, 2013
Rossikk: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1061308_408330_10151149437456698_679868763_n_zps0744b368_jpg16206a311a4e9594678433824e79ce45[/img]

This is how you build a road. No Nigerian community should EVER accept anything less than THIS when roads are supposedly being built in their area. Either they do it this way or you chase away the contractor.
I concur, they need to set standards sad
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by otokx(m): 7:09am On Aug 16, 2013
Does the average Nigerian have a say in how things are done?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by gtrust: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Now!

This what I have been advocating.

We need more Ikoyi, Lekki, Banana Island, Asokoro.
We Need more Apapa, Tincan
We need more Lagos, Abuja.

We need Uyo, Eket, Ibaka, Ikot-Epene etc to wake up and compete!!!!!!!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nebeuwa(m): 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
Rossikk: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1061308_408330_10151149437456698_679868763_n_zps0744b368_jpg16206a311a4e9594678433824e79ce45[/img]

Do my eyes deceive me?

Do I see sidewalks? shocked
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by gtrust: 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Do my eyes deceive me?

Do I see sidewalks? shocked

Men, these AkwaIbomites are really doing something.

Anybody knows of Land for sale in Akwa Ibom
Uyo, Ibaka Ikot-Ekpene Eket

I beg, link me up, I need hectares in these places.
Business don start!

How long does it take process C of O in Akwa Ibom state
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nebeuwa(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
gtrust:

Men, these AkwaIbomites are really doing something.

And they are doing it quietly.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
ujoinme: can someone post the picture of the level of work on the convention center at the Tropicana complex? will like to see how far they have gone with the project in light of the fact that it is to be commissioned 1st quarter of 2014. t- something are u in uyo? can you do that please?

The following pictures were taken about a month ago. I took them from the 13th floor of the Hotel building . That's the best way you can appreciate the whole site. The December 2014 opening date is still in view same with the stadium .

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 12:19am On Aug 17, 2013
These are pictures from the stadium site. Target completion date still in 2014

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mojounited(m): 1:05am On Aug 17, 2013
Nice update @t-something
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Nice update t- something thank you very much for the pics i really appreciate it. the convention centre is suppoed to be 5 floors and they are only in the 1st floor level i hope they will be able to deliver it next year as promised.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:25am On Aug 17, 2013
Boy Uyo is so green i just love the land scape of Akwa ibom so green.

Akpabio will put uyo on the map once all these projects going on in uyo is complete.

The new terminal
convention center
250 room hotel
mall/ cinema
20th anniversary hospital
Ibaka seaport
stadium
5th flyover + access road round the stadium by JB
dualization of eket ibeno and eket etinan road + a host of other projects that are either complete or Under construction

these are ongoing projects by the state govt. this government is phenomenal try in putting the right infrastructures in place.

when complete the next government should focus on job creation and educational restructuring to position akwa ibom in a better position.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 5:12am On Aug 17, 2013
ujoinme: Nice update t- something thank you very much for the pics i really appreciate it. the convention centre is suppoed to be 5 floors and they are only in the 1st floor level i hope they will be able to deliver it next year as promised.

It is a 4-level structure . However most part of the structure is just two levels (Exhibition hall and main auditorium ). What you are seeing now is the 2nd level slab being completed and work on the areas that have 3rd level slab. So very soon what you should be seeing is the roof slab. We are still optimistic that we can deliver this facility next year even though that's kind of a tight rope to walk on considering some little set backs we've gotten in the procurement of finishing items .
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:05am On Aug 17, 2013
t-something:

It is a 4-level structure . However most part of the structure is just two levels (Exhibition hall and main auditorium ). What you are seeing now is the 2nd level slab being completed and work on the areas that have 3rd level slab. So very soon what you should be seeing is the roof slab. We are still optimistic that we can deliver this facility next year even though that's kind of a tight rope to walk on considering some little set backs we've gotten in the procurement of finishing items .

Are you involved in the project? if so will be looking forward to having you post update on these projects and others that are going on in the state.
A lot of people want to know about whats going on in the state and the best way is seeing the pictures of these things.

By the way you did an excellent job on that picture you just posted. thanks again.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
renders of the convention centre under construction shown on the picture above.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
t- something according to the project consultants website above, the building is in three floors. is this correct? and the capacity of the building is in contention. the commissioner of special duties mr Mbeh stated that the building can contain 10,000 people but the consultant figures doesn't match the 10,000 figure.
Can you clarify this?

And what's holding the construction of the hotel work seems to have stalled on that project?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
ujoinme: t- something according to the project consultants website above, the building is in three floors. is this correct?
If you add the basement level parking that makes it 4 levels . The basement level has been redesigned to be an exhibition hall instead of parking. the main auditorium is on the 2nd level slab that's why you see the ramp up to the second level in the model you uploaded .

The combined capacity as at design was 5000, but with the conversion of the basement level to an exhibition hall, i can say we have added another 1000 capacity . so maximum capacity could be up to 6000.

Works on the hotel hasn't stalled. If you are aware The government just signed a management contract with Hilton garden inn in late may this year. So we are working with them on trying to reconfigure the hotel to match their format, since the hotel was initially designed based on Hyatt format . The new commissioner is looking at this list of changes exhaustively so as to make a final decision on some things we could leave as they are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.