Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,069 members, 7,849,332 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (348142 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
nice. thanks for the clarification. so they have made some modifications that should account for the difference in capacity.
How about the hotel project?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mensdept: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
This guy, like Donald Duke is really laying the foundation for future leaders to continue from. Meanwhile the 80 year old Elechi is sleeping in Ebonyi, Theo Orji is using paid PR people to come to nairaland to claim they are building this legacy sh.it and artisans nonsense, Okorocha is being Okorocha, Uduaghan is dancing to 2face songs, Amaechi is giving conditions to quit as NGF Oga at the top because being governor of Rivers does not matter, and Dickson is saying he's not competent to govern Bayelsa.

Dayum
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nebeuwa(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
Now this is true development.

Akpabio would make a fine leader for Nigeria.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Laying the foundation for the industrialization of akwa ibom is the establishment of A gas processing plant at Uquo in Esit Eket that capable of processing 200mcf of gas. this affords industries that want to open up in akwa ibom access to gas which is essential in turning turbines that powers manufacturing.

Currently the plant is supplying gas to the state owned 191MW state owned Ibom power plant and is also poised to supply gas to the neighbouring calabar 500mw NIPP at odukpani cross river.
http://www.sevenenergy.com/midstream.aspx

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
Septa energy gas plant

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
mobil exxon is also constructing a 500MW power plant at QIT ibeno which is close to the ACCUGAS/Septa energy gas processing plant. the combined effect will make this area of the state very attractive for investors because of ready availability of power.
http://naija247news.com/business/oil-a-gas/8703-exxonmobil-signs-agreement-to-build-500mw-power-plant.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/10/nigeria-exxonmobil-power-idUSLA15163920090910
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hi. Does anyone know or cud throw more lights on real reasons why AKS govt left Hyaat group to sign a deal wit Hilton group over d tropicana hotel? And why Akpabio has decided not to open both the IBIBIO UNION MUSEUM at udo udoma avenue and IBOM PLAZA wit its open-air cinema &shopping mall 2d public? Those two edifies despite d tens of billions of naira used in constructing them have been abandoned to reptiles . This is sad.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Hi. Does anyone know or cud throw more lights on real reasons why AKS govt left Hyaat group to sign a deal wit Hilton group over d tropicana hotel? And why Akpabio has decided not to open both the IBIBIO UNION MUSEUM at udo udoma avenue and IBOM PLAZA wit its open-air cinema &shopping mall 2d public? Those two edifies despite d tens of billions of naira used in constructing them have been abandoned to reptiles . This is sad.

Very good question. What about the 4 motor parks at itam, mbiabong, aka road and abak road. The govt is dealing with the issue of illegal motor parks with kid gloves. The abbatoir and timber markets at itam are also left to rot! The govt has to wake up and make sure older infrastructure not built by them do not rot. Some hospitals in the state fall in this category too. When i pass through this places i feel like weeping. Govt is a continuum. If not whatever they are building today will suffer the same fate. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n1Rg5DlN_JU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
updates of progress in state infrastructural upgrade watch the videos at http://www.uncommontransformation.tv/?q=content/roll-call-projects

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by gtrust: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
Where do you find land for sale in Akwa-Ibom

Uyo, Ikot-Ekpene, Ibaka, Eket.

Thank you.

Also, idea on how long it takes to process C of O
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
gtrust: Where do you find land for sale in Akwa-Ibom

Thank you.

ujoinme: updates of progress in state infrastructural upgrade watch the videos at http://www.uncommontransformation.tv/?q=content/roll-call-projects
Since you are one of d apologists/mouth-pieces of d AKS govt here on nairaland, i'd expected u 2hav an answer 2my poser above.
gtrust: Where do you find land for sale in Akwa-Ibom

Thank you.

i have a piece of land 2sell in Eket. Offer price is N1.5million.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by baby124: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
The roads are nice. But why are people posting hotels which are personal property as government achievement. Or is government now building hotels?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
baby_123: The roads are nice. But why are people posting hotels which are personal property as government achievement. Or is government now building hotels?

It's achievement, whether by govt or the people. We are all one... everybody contributes. That's how you develop. Not leaving everything to govt. The govt played their role by providing the infrastructure. The private sector then takes over by erecting structures like hotels, banks etc. So it's all about synergy. cool

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Since you are one of d apologists/mouth-pieces of d AKS govt here on nairaland, i'd expected u 2hav an answer 2my poser above. i have a piece of land 2sell in Eket. Offer price is N1.5million.

sorry am not a lands salesman. am sure the state website should have information on land acquisition.

Also not the states spokesman. the state has an able commissioner of information. am but just an interested Nigerian in good governance and provision of dividends of democracy to its citizens.
And i happen to see in Akwa ibom an Able and focused government that is doing just that, hence my interest in the state.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
baby_123: The roads are nice. But why are people posting hotels which are personal property as government achievement. Or is government now building hotels?

The thread is about uyo/Aks not just govt achievements but private sector too.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
more
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
oops
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 22, 2013
Uyo= goods roads, massive state govt presence, good state govt structures, environmental design wt fountains, very rich state bt poor masses, d money isn't circulating, jst politicians hv d money, d state govt has given them wot dey need 2 grow bt d people of uyo aren't dat exposed, bt stil on stil dis thr governor try oooo and he is stil working, is left 4 d people 2 build themselves and be exposed and d govt should provide electricity, light no dey uyo.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
customized13: Uyo= goods roads, massive state govt presence, good state govt structures, environmental design wt fountains, very rich state bt poor masses, d money isn't circulating, jst politicians hv d money, d state govt has given them wot dey need 2 grow bt d people of uyo aren't dat exposed, bt stil on stil dis thr governor try oooo and he is stil working, is left 4 d people 2 build themselves and be exposed and d govt should provide electricity, light no dey uyo.
You're a mother-fvcken bastard. First, can u mention d state u come from? Where/how are u "exposed"? Are u & ur people well at all?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
You're a mother-fvcken bastard. First, can u mention d state u come from? Where/how are u "exposed"? Are u & ur people well at all?
am very sure u are frm uyo, dis is an example of wot am saying. Ur govt is Good bt ur mentality is backward, if u doubt me ask anybody frm calabar.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
vizboy: so we have such beautiful place in naija

Yes, Uyo has beaten Enugu and i expect it to beat calabar soon. The governor is working...

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
djustice: I'm waiting for the Asiwaju Criminal Notebooks to come and piss all over this thread. I am an indigene of Lagos State, and when I visited Uyo in 2010, I was stunned by the rate of development. I've hated Fashola, Tinubu and the whole ACN nonsense since then.

Consider that the total revenue for this state has never been up to half of total revenue in Lagos. Also consider that they have about twice the land mass of Lagos State to develop, and yet they have more roads per square km, a fully functional airport, complete with hangar.

In Lagos, we're still talking about how we will "soon" start building an airport, 13 years after the idea was first broached by Tinubu.

I also noticed that there is no single toll road in Uyo. Not one! And all the roads are better than our single toll road in Lagos.

Thank you for saying the truth my dear. Me too was tripped off my feet the twice i visited Uyo. The governor is building an international city that only Abuja can compare with.

I was humiliated seeing Juilius berger tarring village roads in the hinterlands...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
Shey na d uyo wey I dey LWKMD? commot roads, flyover, streetlights and new govt structure, uyo na glorified village. D people of uyo doesn't kw hw 2 build houses, na old houses full here bt I must say if not dis governor, dis place 4 b kuvuki kingdom, bt I kw its getting thr, d person wey talk sau uyo pass enugu, na lie oooo dnt conclude ooo, come 2 uyo and go 2 enugu b4 u conclude, I dey uyo na, abak road 2 b precise close 2 state secretariat, uyo might catch wt enegu, bt nt nw.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
customized13: am very sure u are frm uyo, dis is an example of wot am saying. Ur govt is Good bt ur mentality is backward, if u doubt me ask anybody frm calabar.

Give me the kind of backwardness in Uyo anytime and i will take it, A backward people building standard infrastructure in their state with solid companies like JB,CCECC,Gitto,Setraco to mention a few.
Am sure all the indigene of your home state are praying for the kind of backwardness that uyo has!

You think this is the days of just repeating biased stereotypes? those days are over and Nigerians who have been to Uyo do not need to be told that Akwa ibom is the home of serious people and the future of Nigeria.

Keep on hating while we keep moving on.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
customized13: am very sure u are frm uyo, dis is an example of wot am saying. Ur govt is Good bt ur mentality is backward, if u doubt me ask anybody frm calabar.
(in my ill-wayne's voice) My fvcken bastard, wot d fvck are fvckenly doin in my uyo-mega city ? Hav u let us kno why u ran-away 4m ur homeland 2settle in my city? Why d fvck are u ashame 2tell us wer u 4m come? Hav u let us know how "exposed" u are? or are u attemptin 2dodge d questions and grinding wit envy n jealousy in my land? u better run-away 4m my uyo-mega-city 2mit ur mother-fvcker n ask her 2show u your father n where he hails from before i catch u 4deportation. BASTARD!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
(in my ill-wayne's voice) My fvcken bastard, wot d fvck are fvckenly doin in my uyo-mega city ? Hav u let us kno why u ran-away 4m ur homeland 2settle in my city? Why d fvck are u ashame 2tell us wer u 4m come? Hav u let us know how "exposed" u are? or are u attemptin 2dodge d questions and grinding wit envy n jealousy in my land? u better run-away 4m my uyo-mega-city 2mit ur mother-fvcker n ask her 2show u your father n where he hails from before i catch u 4deportation. BASTARD!
thanks 4 d insult, am frm river state, nobody is saying uyo isn't developing, nobody is saying d state govt isn't working, bt d people of akwa ibom are LOCAL, they build local houses, d houses dey build doesn't match state of d roads and flyover thr, d whole of 4 lane, oron road, abak road, ikotepene road, if u see house wey fine wella, kw say na government build am.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
customized13: thanks 4 d insult, am frm river state, nobody is saying uyo isn't developing, nobody is saying d state govt isn't working, bt d people of akwa ibom are LOCAL, they build local houses, d houses dey build doesn't match state of d roads and flyover thr, d whole of 4 lane, oron road, abak road, ikotepene road, if u see house wey fine wella, kw say na government build am.

and what are you doing in uyo if its that local. why are you not in "urbane" 'river state'? where they build fine houses
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
customized13: thanks 4 d insult, am frm river state, nobody is saying uyo isn't developing, nobody is saying d state govt isn't working, bt d people of akwa ibom are LOCAL, they build local houses, d houses dey build doesn't match state of d roads and flyover thr, d whole of 4 lane, oron road, abak road, ikotepene road, if u see house wey fine wella, kw say na government build am.
RIVER STATE Hahahahaha ha ha ha ha ha. I'll not join issues wit u anymore cos one wud hav reasons 2conclude dat u lack credibility n therefore no reasonable-man ought 2take u seriously!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
ujoinme:

and what are you doing in uyo if its that local. why are you not in "urbane" rivers state? where they build fine houses
I went 2 visit a corper frnd, I hv been here since a month nw, uyo is coming up, u cnt compare it wt ph, lag, enugu 4 nw, if they continue wt d pace, it might b compared wt dos cities ind future, uyo is even a small city whn u come 2 landmass 2 start wt, uyo people cnt even survive wtout aba sef. D governor don try 4 dem, its left 4 dem 2 come out of thr locality. Infact 4 me gov Godswill akpabio is d best in nigeria.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
customized13: I went 2 visit a corper frnd, I hv been here since a month nw, uyo is coming up, u cnt compare it wt ph, lag, enugu 4 nw, if they continue wt d pace, it might b compared wt dos cities ind future, uyo is even a small city whn u come 2 landmass 2 start wt, uyo people cnt even survive wtout aba sef. D governor don try 4 dem, its left 4 dem 2 come out of thr locality. Infact 4 me gov Godswill akpabio is d best in nigeria.

So is the gov. Akpabio whom you refer to as the best gov. in nigeria not from akwa ibom? If yes then he is also local
following your reasoning therefore, a local man is the best governor in Nigeria according to you.
Don't you think nigeria need more local men like akpabio. just saying!

If i went to a place for a visit where the peoples locality offends my city senses i will never stay up to a month and counting.you should have cut your visit short an leave within hours.
Be honest is the reason for your continued stay not unconnected with the fact that you are enjoying your stay but too proud to admit it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.