Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347516 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 14, 2013
scribble:

all you have even in Uyo is nice roads and flyovers. then you have nice soups and drinking joints all over the place.

Ibom Tropicana is a scam. Ben Bruce knows it, Akpabio knows it, observers know it and good sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom knows it.

Godswill and his commissioners are stealing money through road contracts in the state and thats why there are som many road projects going on courtesy Gitto and Julius Berger.

Yeah I know Fashola also does the same scam, but at least Lagos roads lead to actual places where things are happening, business and pleasure.

Your roads lead primarily to dingy drinking joints and village-esque areas. Its only peaceful when politics is not being played and thats why they shed so much blood in AI during elections because they know the amount available to be stolen.

What you're calling development is

1. pictures of flyovers that lead primarily to nowhere.

2. plenty pictures of Le MEridien

3. E Library which is a known scam

4. Ibom Tropicana which is also a known scam

5. Keke Napep

Please don't put nonsense here and call it development again. Do you know how much Akpabio and Umana Umana are stealing?

Do you know why I'm equally amazed by your high level of stupidity? Because you sound so convinced meanwhile its obvious you've never been to Akwa ibom state. Go to Akwa ibom state and confirm first, before you appear with your stinking thoughts and start posting crap about my state. Akwa ibom is on the right track. Encourage whoever is on the right track, criticisms is definitely allowed but don't ever forget to compliment a good effort. Foolish man!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by bigtt76(f): 6:02am On Apr 14, 2013
Oya show us where the real people of Akwa Ibom live.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 14, 2013
musiwa23: Akwa ibom governor went to supreme court to deceive them, are you not worry about that. That is a criminal matter that he can be charge for.

Eh? Aboki what did you say? Biko go to your pepper producing state and comment o, leave Akwa ibom state alone. Mtchewwwww!

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by leonshom(m): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2013
I hope u can call 2 mind d Population of Lagos staTe compared 2 Uyo, nd d Maintenance culture as well.Lagos Uyo is no where 2b compared 2 Lagos, u nid a gud yardstick 2make use nd I dnt think lagos fit 2 such. Lagos is far more develped than akwa ibom.
djustice: I'm waiting for the Asiwaju Criminal Notebooks to come and piss all over this thread. I am an indigene of Lagos State, and when I visited Uyo in 2010, I was stunned by the rate of development. I've hated Fashola, Tinubu and the whole ACN nonsense since then.

Consider that the total revenue for this state has never been up to half of total revenue in Lagos. Also consider that they have about twice the land mass of Lagos State to develop, and yet they have more roads per square km, a fully functional airport, complete with hangar.

In Lagos, we're still talking about how we will "soon" start building an airport, 13 years after the idea was first broached by Tinubu.

I also noticed that there is no single toll road in Uyo. Not one! And all the roads are better than our single toll road in Lagos.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 6:12am On Apr 14, 2013
Nice pics. I like the fact that instead of cutting down the greenery, they preserved it. Roads against the vegetation as backdrop makes Uyo picturesque. Still little going on there though because of the small population. I mean, there should be a picture of its Central Business District. Lack of congestion makes it a good place to go relax. It should be developed as a Tourist city.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Niceguy2112(m): 6:13am On Apr 14, 2013
Rich state, poor people!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Ikengawo: 6:14am On Apr 14, 2013
jea. lou sy.

[size=15pt]Lagos is Ranked as the 3rd “Worst”/Least Liveable City in the World by the Economist Intelligence Unit [/size]

Posted on Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 at 12:38 PM

By Adeola Adeyemo

The Economist Intelligence Unit has ranked Lagos, Nigeria as the third worst liveable country in its recently released 2012 Global Liveability Survey.

The liveability report which surveyed 140 cities around the world to assess the best or worst living conditions gave Lagos the 138th position. This was a drop from its 137th position in the 2011 ranking. Following closely after Lagos was Port Moresby which took the 139th position and Dhaka, Bangladesh as the 140th position making it the worst liveable city in the world.

Ranking first on the list as the city with the best living conditions is Melbourne, Australia with an overall rating of 97.5. Vienna, Austria ranked second while Vancouver, Canada ranked third. Johannesburg and Pretoria, South Africa took the 92nd and 96th positions respectively.

London, UK is ranked 55th, while Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the next host of the Olympics also shares the 92nd position with Johannesburg.

The liveability report surveys 140 locations around the world to assess the best or worst living conditions. Cities are scored on political and social stability, crime rates and access to quality healthcare. It also measures the diversity and standard of cultural events and the natural environment; education (school and university); and the standard of infrastructure, including public transport.

The Economist Intelligence Unit produces regular reports on the “reports on the liveability”, and cost of living, of the world’s major cities, which receive wide coverage in international news sources.

For a full list of the 140 cities and their rankings, click here.

What do you think about the ranking? Considering the factors used, do you agree that Lagos is the third worst liveable country in the world among the 140 cities on the list?
http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/08/15/lagos-is-ranked-as-the-3rd-worst-liveable-city-in-the-world-by-the-economist-intelligence-unit-do-you-agree-with-the-ranking/
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2013
Rossikk:

The E-Library, Uyo

sorry I should have asked , and you have used it after commissioned. it is easy to show us Unplugged Laptops and computer, In an e library, the most important thing is the ebooks, Internet and website yet none of this were present while being commissioned by Goodluck .

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 14, 2013
The Ibom Airport international terminal is being designed to handle 1.5 million passengers per year/750 per hour during peak periods. The terminal will have 4 'fingers'(jet bridges) which will be connected to six planes; one of the fingers will be used solely for an A380 aircraft.
The terminal costs N18.06 billion, and is due to be completed by the middle of next year.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 6:37am On Apr 14, 2013
[b]My observations on this thread, I live in Akwa Ibom so I am not typing hearsay here.

1. i see a group of jealous people here

2. i see some people comparing a new born baby town to a Metropolis - you cant compare Uyo and Lagos, Uyo is trying its best , Lagos has been developing since the 18** and even if fashola does nothing who will know,

3. i see some Akpabio haterz - Akpabio is trying in infrastructure, some people here are talking about Developments outside Uyo, there are too many i cant mention, Abak - Ikot Ekpene road, Abak Housing Estate, Complete tarring of roads and street in Ikot Abasi, renovation of 90% or primary schools in the State, and so on. I saw some one say Akpabio would have built houses for all the poor in the State, when his wife did that for Widows we did not hear it here, there are homeless people in the USA, so let me hear word

where Akpabio needs to work on as of now is JOb creation, through building of more industries

4. Uyo is a beautiful City you come around and see for yourself, i Live in Ikot Abasi and frequent Uyo for Business (we have light 24/7 in Ikot Abasi so if you need 24hrs light your welcome

uncompleted and nearing completion include - The Stadium(berger), the Worldclass Hospital (gitto), the Oruk Anam Major feeder Rd, and so many which should be completed this year and 2014

PROUDLY AKWA IBOMITE[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Na bad belle go kill una !

GOD BLESS GODSWILL AKPABIO, the great transformer of our time !

Even Ghana's President John Dramani Mahama said the same words less than a week ago!
.......na only yoruba boys in nairaland no fit acknowledge such naked truth !

Who does not go to Akwa ibom to pack money and go, I can name a few that I know, Obj, Rawlings, Siasia, most Nigerian Journalist. And this is the most annoying thing in that state , the people can not see.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by liquidheaven(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=Desola]veery few cars, very few people plying the roads. If this city is so beautiful and serene why hasn't these ibo people move down there instead of messing up our almighty Lagos, ehn? All this mouth and they still refuse to leave lagos.

By the way, OP, i see you showing us one picture from four different angles and making it seem like they were different areas. na mumu you call us?

All in all sha, the city looks nice. oya, Nna people, move to your neighbour's city o U are a Fat stupid COW!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Enoquin(f): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2013
undecided Ermm...we don't have light 24/7

djustice:

Just like the man said, make an effort to get off your fat azz and go there to see for yourself. Development is evenly distributed, unlike Lagos where it's just some parts of Suru-Lere, some parts of the Island and some parts of Ikeja that come anywhere near what we see throughout Akwa Ibom..

Guess what, when they wanted to invest in power, they built a massive 191mw turbine, and now they have 24 hours light in Uyo, unlike the 10mw rubbish on Marina and at Iju that Tinubu's houseboy, Fash-ole is claiming through PPP.

Stop bellyaching and appreciate what is good when you see it. Mumu.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by liquidheaven(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2013
U ARE A FAT SILLY COW!! So fake
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 6:47am On Apr 14, 2013
rozayx5: My observations on this thread, I live in Akwa Ibom so I am not typing hearsay here.

1. i see a group of jealous people here

2. i see some people comparing a new born baby town to a Metropolis - you cant compare Uyo and Lagos, Uyo is trying its best , Lagos has been developing since the 18** and even if fashola does nothing who will know,

3. i see some Akpabio haterz - Akpabio is trying in infrastructure, some people here are talking about Developments outside Uyo, there are too many i cant mention, Abak - Ikot Ekpene road, Abak Housing Estate, Complete tarring of roads and street in Ikot Abasi, renovation of 90% or primary schools in the State, and so on. I saw some one say Akpabio would have built houses for all the poor in the State, when his wife did that for Widows we did not hear it here, there are homeless people in the USA, so let me hear word

where Akpabio needs to work on as of now is JOb creation, through building of more industries

4. Uyo is a beautiful City you come around and see for yourself, i Live in Ikot Abasi and frequent Uyo for Business (we have light 24/7 in Ikot Abasi so if you need 24hrs light your welcome

uncompleted and nearing completion include - The Stadium(berger), the Worldclass Hospital (gitto), the Oruk Anam Major feeder Rd, and so many which should be completed this year and 2014

PROUDLY AKWA IBOMITE

Friend world class Hospital, where will the world class nurses and doctors come from? in Ikot Abasi the light is provided by alcon
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 14, 2013
The Uyo olympic stadium will be completed by November 2014, according to the contractors handling the project. I hope one of our national teams will get to play a match at the beautiful edifice.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2013
The thread was/is still "Uyo - city of peace and beauty". People are derailing the thread to achieve their wicked, ethnic, diabolical intentions. No wonder JAMB/NECO/WAEC failure rate dey high for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by chino11(m): 6:53am On Apr 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

My friend,the is no state in the SE that I haven't been to apart from ebonyi.where in enugu is as beautiful as uyo?u even mention anambra.what's d difference between anambra and abia?

Dont mention Anambra and that state on same sentence again. States get levels.

@ The topic: I can only say WOW to the roads and beauty!!!!

This is what development in infrastructure is about. This roads can only be compared to Abuja roads..simple.

But the gov is not meeting up on the areas of human capital development, health, education. An average Ibom man is still very poor and living below 20 dollars per day. An average Ibom man is still my gateman, an average Ibom girl is still my cook.

All in all Akpabio has done well above average ..I score him 55%. The next governor will take up the touch where he stopped in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Vsom: 6:54am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=Dejohnbull]I wan't know if Rivers & Abia states are rule by ACN?
Politics z nt alwayz abt party,bt d individual ruling. We shud step up and knw dt nowadayz nobody votes 4 party bt d most credible individual irrespective of party.
@ chino11,poverty is wen u r livin below 1USD per day nt 20.
The title remains,uyo a city of peace and beauty and dtz uyo.if u r biased,post d beauty of ur state or wht gud ur governor does best,lets appreciate him.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 6:59am On Apr 14, 2013
CFCfan: The Ibom Airport international terminal is being designed to handle 1.5 million passengers per year/750 per hour during peak periods. The terminal will have 4 'fingers'(jet bridges) which will be connected to six planes; one of the fingers will be used solely for an A380 aircraft.
The terminal costs N18.06 billion, and is due to be completed by the middle of next year.

As usual big english, when will this peak period be (xmas) and how will you get 1.5 million passengers. all this is just fraudulent figures. If you have 2000 people a day using the airport , you looking at about 700,000 people in a year. An average flight to Uyo takes about 120 people.given that we have 5 flight landing and 5 going, that is about 1200 people a day. you guys should wake up
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 14, 2013
chino11:

This is what development in infrastructure is about. This roads can only be compared to Abuja roads..simple.

But the gov is not meeting up on the areas of human capital development, health, education. An average Ibom man is still very poor and living below 20 dollars per day. An average Ibom man is still my gateman, an average Ibom girl is still my cook.

All in all Akpabio has done well above average ..I score him 55%. The next governor will take up the touch where he stopped in 2015.

Everything you said is correct but adding the fact that an Akwa ibom girl is your cook/house girl doesn't rate the Gov's performance, that was an unnecessary point. My gate man is hausa - Ali, of course he's kind hearted and competent, but I'll be foolish to judge his state Gov's performance because he is a mere gate man. Just saying!

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Dejohnbull: 7:01am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=ikwere militant][/quote] i said it Amechi is busy doing noting wit quack contractors. E'g ( JDP, LCC, MCC, COSSEL, FEROTEX, RCC). AKPABIO, ( JULIUS BEGER, ARAB CONTRACTOR, MOTHER CAT, NIGER CAT, RCC, CCECC, CGC, ASPHALT UNITY). So who is fooling who, Amechi shld go 4 rivival in uyo.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2013
eddy1234: there is 247 power supply in my town.bonny island in rivers state.make ur findins
tell him my brother!! Bonny island in rivers state is the only place in nigeria where light is constant and relatively cheap. If they ever want to take light for maintenance work, you're informed and it does'nt take long.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2013
BabaTony: The thread was/is still "Uyo - city of peace and beauty". People are derailing the thread to achieve their wicked, ethnic, diabolical intentions. No wonder JAMB/NECO/WAEC failure rate dey high for Nigeria.

My dear, haters everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 7:03am On Apr 14, 2013
chino11:

Well said .I was looking at people to see things this way rather than call empty library world class. Uyo has tried but could have been better Simple
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Enoquin(f): 7:04am On Apr 14, 2013
Desola: veery few cars, very few people plying the roads. If this city is so beautiful and serene why hasn't these ibo people move down there instead of messing up our almighty Lagos, ehn? All this mouth and they still refuse to leave lagos.

By the way, OP, i see you showing us one picture from four different angles and making it seem like they were different areas. na mumu you call us?

All in all sha, the city looks nice. oya, Nna people, move to your neighbour's city o

Don't be fooled by few people on the road oh...the place is getting clogged now. And of course, the igbos with their commercial activities have almost taken over. They own 90 percent of the supermarkets in Uyo, they are into the 'keke' business and of course phone accessories and stuffs like that. Even contracts are given to them too courtsey of the Madam at the top. As much as their presence is sometimes annoying, I must admit that it has helped the city because the average akwa ibom man is not innovatively inclined...
I am not igbo oh
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2013
chino11:

It is better you stop living in the past mr., this is 2013 and Akwa Ibom has left that level long time ago. It is obvious that you haven't visited Aks to see the level private investments springing up due to the hurricane-like transformation in infrastructure in the state.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2013
Same [pictures different angles... God dey!!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2013
BabaTony:

It is better you stop living in the past mr., this is 2013 and Akwa Ibom has left that level long time ago. It is obvious that you haven't visited Aks to see the level private investments springing up due to the hurricane-like transformation in infrastructure in the state.

Be specific, what do you call private investment, stealing money and building a big house that you can't even rent out, since it is like hurricane, Name just 5
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2013
laz_inc:

Compare with Port Harcourt? Port Harcourt is one of the worst cities in terms of development, no good roads, no electricity and no solid infrastructures.
no good roads? You must be high, which south-south or south eastern city can compare with port harcourt for road networks? Stadium road,aba road, new airport road, peter odili road, mile 3 roads and mega fly over and many more! For your information rivers state is the only state in nigeria that has enough power to feed the whole state, it's has just been given the power by the feds to distribute and it is on a fast track! No solid infastructure? Apparently you're ignorant to the fact that the three tallest buildings in the entire south south and south east is located in port harcourt. You don't know about the monorail project whoes first phase in nearing completion. All the schools and health care centers jam packed in the state that you see one of them anywhere you turn! Please don't say ignorant things.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2013
adeaugustus:
Stop abusing the Language you know nothing about how it was created!
Abeg go Sidon.... Nah you create the language? President general of olodoistan wink Them dey talk about persin wey dey show us picture of two area view you dey spew nonsense about SIMPLES... Wetin concern meerkat and olodoistanis

Better go ask Akpabio for op your mrs Biggs if nah hungry dey do you worry ...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 7:13am On Apr 14, 2013
MEILYN: 5/100
ave u ever had the opportunity 2 leave ur house b4? When last did u travel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.