Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) (52989 Views)

Business Idea For Seun: Start A Newspaper Publication (Nairaland Daily) / Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? / Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Inik: @mrnestyy1985 these are great ideas. I like your way of thinking. The problem always lies with the implementation and commitment to put them to reality after the initial wave of excitement passes away.

While reading this thread i started thinking on how to make money from the English premier league fans we have here. @mrnestyy1985 apart from the normal viewing center businesses that people operate can you think of any way we can make money from the huge fanbase of European league teams in Nigeria?

These are two ideas that just came to my mind

1) English premier league
Nigerian youths are crazy about the english premier league, there are many fanatical supporters of different clubs. If you are an app developer you can make an Epl mobile app that can send team news alert to fans. For e.g a Man utd fan will get alerts on match days on the time of the game, the team list, the goal scorers at the end of the game and the date of the next game. Make the app available for download on your site and charge a monthly service fee of let"s say 500 naira. If 100 people pay for the service that will earn you 50k for one month. With time you can add other features as your subscriber base increases.

2) University and polytechnic students
Most students do not know that there are other search engines apart from Google and they do not also know how to use keywords to get good search results. If you are a good researcher and conversant with search engines and ebooks, with your laptop and internet connection or a smartphone, you can help your colleagues and other students search for info for their assignments, term papers, project topics etc at a fee that will be fixed by you. Just tell them and you will be surprised by the number of requests that you will get. You can send them the materials they want via email after they have paid you.

Also you can download different movie series and hollywood movies from the numerous download sites that are available online into your laptop and transfer them to anyone who wants it for a fee, let"s say 100 naira per movie, you will make a small fortune in a short time.

Hi Bro,

That idea of a premier league Apps is a bomb. im not a football follower so i cant tell if its a Virgin idea. . well taught but with some setback. Try not to charge money for your Apps at least until you get more than a thousand users otherwise you will end-up loosing passion for it because you are not making any money from it.There are other ways of making money from mobile Apps. Have you wondered why Watsup as popular as it is happens to be free in some phones?Do you think the owner is not making money from it?

Rather than requesting money from people in an infant Apps then later spend alot of money doing marketing.why not offer it to some number of people and allow them do the marketing for you for free. wink

I will not encourage your idea No 2 and the last.Why?

Because if Nigerians actually spend so much time doing research on their thesis,im sure they will find solution to Nigerian problems.Most Nigerian endup recopying an old thesis.thats why Nigeria has lots of setback.sometimes i think the westerners are in 2050s while Nigerians are still in 1940s and the only reason i can link to it is that Nigerian university graduate always do research on old topics already discussed and the lecturers do not have a tracking system to track past thesis so they just score them grades with ease.

If there is a database of Nigerian university thesis like they have in obodo oyibo,im sure many graduate student in Nigerian wouldnt have to look for job after graduation because their thesis have provided them with links for job opportunity.

Your last idea about movie download site.you already gave an answer to it.you can make a small fortune in a short time but when you are caught?bro,you will surely make the jail or prison your home within a short time.

Tips: Being a student in a student environment,Maybe you can create a website that links student looking for reading partners/discussion partners.The partner could be based on different department,topics or sex(Male/female). you might be the next student e-environment owner and work in the path that Facebook owner walked but more focused on the Nigerian student.
You might require some programming partner or you could outsource it, feel free to explore the tips

visit my forum for more tips
http://africanpark.com/

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ewizard1: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
These are Ideas!!!
Finance is the prob!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Rooneyboy(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
jasper7:
I am thinking the same too. you cant stop crooks from being crooks. and if you want to run any site or biz you have to create space for them too. I have thought about it and I have come up with solutions to tighten up grip
I could feed you with ideas, and create an app. that would help you regulate the fraudulent activities on your site.

Thank u very much bro, will send u a PM right away .

I had a very terrible experience last week, all because I referred someone.

I almost lost 20,000 naira when one of the parties (the buyer) called me that the person I referred her to wasn't picking her calls and had deleted her from her BB contact, she even went further by showing me the receipt/teller details via BB. I was on the verge of reimbursing her but decided to put a call through first to the seller, lo and behold, she confirmed that she received the money and was on her way to send the products...............

Cut the long story short, I realized the buyer wanted to reap me off.........
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by mastercee(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Hi Bro,

That idea of a premier league Apps is a bomb. im not a football follower so i cant tell if its a Virgin idea. . well taught but with some setback. Try not to charge money for your Apps at least until you get more than a thousand users otherwise you will end-up loosing passion for it because you are not making any money from it.There are other ways of making money from mobile Apps. Have you wondered why Watsup as popular as it is happens to be free in some phones?Do you think the owner is not making money from it?

Rather than requesting money from people in an infant Apps then later spend alot of money doing marketing.why not offer it to some number of people and allow them do the marketing for you for free. wink

Because if Nigerians actually spend so much time doing research on their thesis,im sure they will find solution to Nigerian problems.Most Nigerian endup recopying an old thesis.thats why Nigeria has lots of setback.sometimes i think the westerners are in 2050s while Nigerians are still in 1940s and the only reason i can link to it is that Nigerian university graduate always do research on old topics already discussed and the lecturers do not have a tracking system to track past thesis so they just score them grades with ease.

If there is a database of Nigerian university thesis like they have in obodo oyibo,im sure many graduate student in Nigerian wouldnt have to look for job after graduation because their thesis have provided them with links for job opportunity.

Your last idea about movie download site.you already gave an answer to it.you can make a small fortune in a short time but when you are caught?bro,you will surely make the jail or prison your home within a short time.

Tips: Being a student in a student environment,Maybe you can create a website that links student looking for reading partners/discussion partners.The partner could be based on different department,topics or sex(Male/female). you might be the next student e-environment owner and work in the path that Facebook owner walked but more focused on the Nigerian student.
You might require some programming partner or you could outsource it, feel free to explore the tips

Just a Question Bro, Can you tell us how Whatsapp is making money with their free Application.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
@OP. Wow!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
13. OPEN/CREATE AN ONLINE ECOMMERCE STORE WITH LESS THAN #5000 naira &TIME

Hi guys,Finally i have been able to answer all your queries and feedbacks.thanks for the compliment and i will like to continue with creating an ecommerce site tips as promised.

I will sound like a Nigerian teacher during this process so pardon me if you feel insulted.The truth is that in order to start a successful ecommerce store,you have to spend your time in dedication.Remember your ecommerse site is your baby.

I will try to explain some basics laws you must note.These are the tools you need to create an ecommerce store.

1.domain name
2.Ecommerce Open Script
3.Hosting Account
4.File Ziller

Step 1:
Too bad the two things you have to pay for is a hosting account and a domain name.depending on the registerer you wish to use.a domain name could cost about 9dollars and a hosting account for 1 year might cost up to 18dollars.if you are lucky,you could get better offers during discount period with free hosting.Thats why you will need the 5,000 naira.I use godaddy for my domains because they give me more flexibility and better offer.feel free to check out this registeres
godaddy.com
ipage.com
justhost.com

there are other naija registerers so feel free to explore those with genuine best offer.The reason why i advice to get a hosting account for atleast 1 year is because,it takes time to have your ecommerce store running effectively depending on your marketing approach.

Step Two:
You will need an ecommerce Open source script. An open source scripts are scripts that are as a result of public contribution so they are offered free for people to use.they have been programmed to make it very easy for a novice to install on his hosting account anf get his site running in minutes without the need for programmers or experts. in a simple term, Open source ecommerce script are free.it can be customised to suit your taste and you can recreate it.
There are couple of Open Source Ecommerce script available for download.these are a few..

http://www.prestashop.com/
http://www.opencart.com/
http://www.zen-cart.com/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/

feel free to explore them,view their template and make your choice.After you make your choice,you will need to download this script to your desktop or laptop.

Step 3:

At this state,we have out domain name,our hosting account and our ecommerce script.The next step is to use a file uploader for which i have already stated on the list.File Ziller is an Open source free File uploader that enables you to easily upload your ecommerce script to your webhosting account with ease.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

download the file ziller software from the link above to your desktop/laptop,extract and install it to your computer.After the install,you will need to log in to your webhost account to get some basic details which you need to login into the file ziller to enable you securely upload your ecommerce script to your webhost account.

depending on your domain registerer,you have to click on your account after you login to your domain account and you must look for the botton "hosting" for me with godaddy it is web hosting.click on it and creat a hosting account.the system will explain systematically how you can do that.what you need from the end result is your
Host eg. www.yourdomainname.com
host username: xxxxx
password:xxxx

when you get it.the next step is to open the file ziller software.on the left top click file-click site manager and then click New site fill in the neccessary information using the details you extracted.on the logon type select Normal and then click connect

The program should load and then you will be connecting to your hosting account.

Now the next step is to locate your desktop which you will find on the left side of the software.locate where you saved your script and then click on it,highlight all the file in the script by click CTRL A to highlight and clicking right tab to open a tab-then upload. the files shouls automatically start uploading to the right side of the program which is your hosting account folder.When finished,depending on the ecommerce script you downloaded,you will then need to go to your site as in www.yoursite.com and you will be automatically directed through the installation process.

You will need to create a database account through your hosting account.
This are the info you need from your database account
Database:
username:
Password:
Hostname:

Final stage before your site is ready for you to start customizing it with your logo,text and uploading products through your admin page.

you need to create a username and passpord for your admin.this enables you to enter yoursite and edith or upload any content with ease.i did advice to browse a demo of the script to see how easy it can be to install an install an ecommerce store.

[b]Note:[/b]Owning/creating an ecommerce store is easy but maintaining it could be difficult and takes time.but i will shared an easy taught out strategy to fully market your ecommerce and start getting targeted visitors to your shop instant.

Also not that because of the e-payment system in Nigeria,you will have to use the payment on delivery method or the bank transfer method.if your target customers live abroad,you might consider using paypal and moneybookers.this are free payment operators but they take commission on transfers but its much better than autorize.net credit card method because you have to pay a monthly fee.

Like i told you.Im going to teach you an easy way to create and operate and market your ecommerce store plus.i will show you how you can stock your store with products.

By the way,I gave you guys an Assignment. what are your answers and opinion. lol

have a good nite rest.got to work tomorrow

visit my forum for more tips
http://africanpark.com/

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Saintigk(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
this is a type of info typical naija people tagged themselves 'information marketers' will sell for nothing less than 10k. atimes u find out most of the so-called info marketers have nothing really in the products they sell.
God bless you for unleashing this information to d public.
BTW, do u work under some1 or u are a boss of urself?
dont serve some1 with these potentials.

mrnestyy1985: 13. OPEN/CREATE AN ONLINE ECOMMERCE STORE WITH LESS THAN #5000 naira &TIME

Hi guys,Finally i have been able to answer all your queries and feedbacks.thanks for the compliment and i will like to continue with creating an ecommerce site tips as promised.

I will sound like a Nigerian teacher during this process so pardon me if you feel insulted.The truth is that in order to start a successful ecommerce store,you have to spend your time in dedication.Remember your ecommerse site is your baby.

I will try to explain some basics laws you must note.These are the tools you need to create an ecommerce store.

1.domain name
2.Ecommerce Open Script
3.Hosting Account
4.File Ziller

Step 1:
Too bad the two things you have to pay for is a hosting account and a domain name.depending on the registerer you wish to use.a domain name could cost about 9dollars and a hosting account for 1 year might cost up to 18dollars.if you are lucky,you could get better offers during discount period with free hosting.Thats why you will need the 5,000 naira.I use godaddy for my domains because they give me more flexibility and better offer.feel free to check out this registeres
godaddy.com
ipage.com
justhost.com

there are other naija registerers so feel free to explore those with genuine best offer.The reason why i advice to get a hosting account for atleast 1 year is because,it takes time to have your ecommerce store running effectively depending on your marketing approach.

Step Two:
You will need an ecommerce Open source script. An open source scripts are scripts that are as a result of public contribution so they are offered free for people to use.they have been programmed to make it very easy for a novice to install on his hosting account anf get his site running in minutes without the need for programmers or experts. in a simple term, Open source ecommerce script are free.it can be customised to suit your taste and you can recreate it.
There are couple of Open Source Ecommerce script available for download.these are a few..

http://www.prestashop.com/
http://www.opencart.com/
http://www.zen-cart.com/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/

feel free to explore them,view their template and make your choice.After you make your choice,you will need to download this script to your desktop or laptop.

Step 3:

At this state,we have out domain name,our hosting account and our ecommerce script.The next step is to use a file uploader for which i have already stated on the list.File Ziller is an Open source free File uploader that enables you to easily upload your ecommerce script to your webhosting account with ease.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

download the file ziller software from the link above to your desktop/laptop,extract and install it to your computer.After the install,you will need to log in to your webhost account to get some basic details which you need to login into the file ziller to enable you securely upload your ecommerce script to your webhost account.

depending on your domain registerer,you have to click on your account after you login to your domain account and you must look for the botton "hosting" for me with godaddy it is web hosting.click on it and creat a hosting account.the system will explain systematically how you can do that.what you need from the end result is your
Host eg. www.yourdomainname.com
host username: xxxxx
password:xxxx

when you get it.the next step is to open the file ziller software.on the left top click file-click site manager and then click New site fill in the neccessary information using the details you extracted.on the logon type select Normal and then click connect

The program should load and then you will be connecting to your hosting account.

Now the next step is to locate your desktop which you will find on the left side of the software.locate where you saved your script and then click on it,highlight all the file in the script by click CTRL A to highlight and clicking right tab to open a tab-then upload. the files shouls automatically start uploading to the right side of the program which is your hosting account folder.When finished,depending on the ecommerce script you downloaded,you will then need to go to your site as in www.yoursite.com and you will be automatically directed through the installation process.

You will need to create a database account through your hosting account.
This are the info you need from your database account
Database:
username:
Password:
Hostname:

Final stage before your site is ready for you to start customizing it with your logo,text and uploading products through your admin page.

you need to create a username and passpord for your admin.this enables you to enter yoursite and edith or upload any content with ease.i did advice to browse a demo of the script to see how easy it can be to install an install an ecommerce store.

[b]Note:[/b]Owning/creating an ecommerce store is easy but maintaining it could be difficult and takes time.but i will shared an easy taught out strategy to fully market your ecommerce and start getting targeted visitors to your shop instant.

Also not that because of the e-payment system in Nigeria,you will have to use the payment on delivery method or the bank transfer method.if your target customers live abroad,you might consider using paypal and moneybookers.this are free payment operators but they take commission on transfers but its much better than autorize.net credit card method because you have to pay a monthly fee.

Like i told you.Im going to teach you an easy way to create and operate and market your ecommerce store plus.i will show you how you can stock your store with products.

By the way,I gave you guys an Assignment. what are your answers and opinion. lol

have a good nite rest.got to work tomorrow

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by SamNelson: 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
Must u quote every thing again? Mtcheeew.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by nwgoziri(m): 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pls hw much do i nid 2 start No7@op...nd who eva has an idea.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by SamNelson: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
@OP, i don't know how to commend u for revealing some great ideas for free of cost! You are a charitabl pioneer, thanks a bunch....in all ur ideas, i like nò. 6 but i don't know how to go about it, xpecially in d area of postin d qestn and answer. Should it be a post or puting it in pdf format for downloading? Please expantiate it d more for me, although som pple 're already on dat field but i believe i can overthrown them soonest. Thanks!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Emmelix(m): 12:38am On Apr 19, 2013
...well said i made google my best friend long time ago,as a matter of fact i call them the new school(google and youtube) google for text learner and youtube for visual learning...you will amaze what u will learn from youtube and google..
mrnestyy1985:

Hi bro,

nice comment and thanks for the compliment. "How many here know what an Escrow is?" well,its so amazing to know that by now it seems most people do not know that the best friend a person can have is Google.if you lookup for the word friend in dictionary you will qualify Google as a best friend. Google is always there when you call.Always has an answer for you.you get fasted response and it is able to console you in terms of tribulation.During one of my studies in my university days,i passed a course because i asked google the question by simply copying the question words for words and pasting it into google search. winki can learn anything by asking google. so it makes Google my best friend.

So i always advice people to kick out all your friends and embrace google as your best friend.Ask him for anything and he is always willing to give you a clue which is 90% correct.
Sometimes ago a friend of mine blogged about his stolen car in germany and another friend tried to locate his blog by google search and we got search result suggestion stating " Do you mean a polish guy stole your car" at the end of the investigation,we discovered that the car stolen was found close to the polish boarder meaning a polish guy must have stolen the car in germany and tried to drive it to poland before he was caught. hehehe.

All am trying to say is.those of us who do not know the meaning of Escrow can look up for the word on google.

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 4:37am On Apr 19, 2013
mastercee:

Just a Question Bro, Can you tell us how Whatsapp is making money with their free Application.

Most apps developers have understood that making money with apps is a Strategic Process.they have to decide wether to task the end users or to task the advertisers.the amount end users pay on advertisement will always depend ob the amount of users that use the Apps.

So this is what most of them do

They either choose to offer the apps free for users and wait until they accumulate more users,then they take this statistcs to the advertisers for a bid.the higher the users,the higher the bid.i call this robbing peter to pay paul.

Another strategy is to offer the apps to a particular region for free and offer it to the other region for a fee.some apps could be free and when you try to download it again using the same number,they tell you to pay.that is bcus,they have realized that you like the apps and you are willing to pay to have it.

It is a general believe that people send more watsup message than the normal text.i wont be surprise it watsup start sending advertising message from advertisers to peoples phone.

From whatsup policy,it says the apps is for free for a year and after that you have to pay for it.but in some region.they dont offer free watsup.u must pay to start using it.

If you have a skype apps on your iphone,you will notice some advert on the top.

Some apps offer a free version,they they offer an advance version with more functionality.the free version strategy is for marketing reason.people try it and are convinced to apy for more functionality.

Dont forget that the big money comes if the apps owner decides to sell off the apps in the apps market to potential investors.

Thats why i tell NIgerians in order to succeed in e-business or apps business.you must be very very patient.you must be patient enough as a patient dog eat the fattest bone not forgeting that somebody ate the beafmeat. wink
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 19, 2013
Hi guys,

I hope you had a good rest.yesterday we got the knowledge of creating a an ecommerce shopping site with 5000 naira or less.and i hope everybody understood the process.you can ask my friend Google or my best friends friend YOutube the video process.

Today,i will teach you how to start stocking your online shopping store with products for sale.most information marketers call it importation.i call it dropshipping .i will teach you how to dropship a product from the manufacturer or wholesale distributor to your customers with ease.i will also teach you how to dropship locally making it possible for you to deliver the goods as quickly as possible to your buyers.

And if i have the time,i will also tell you how you can do a rapid [b]offline marketing [/b]of your online store and quickly get targeted shoppers with quick orders.

My assignment for you this morning is to look up for the word

Dropshipping
Offline marketing

You can ask my best friend google.

Hyvaa paivaa
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by mastercee(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Most apps developers have understood that making money with apps is a Strategic Process.they have to decide wether to task the end users or to task the advertisers.the amount end users pay on advertisement will always depend ob the amount of users that use the Apps.

So this is what most of them do

They either choose to offer the apps free for users and wait until they accumulate more users,then they take this statistcs to the advertisers for a bid.the higher the users,the higher the bid.i call this robbing peter to pay paul.

Another strategy is to offer the apps to a particular region for free and offer it to the other region for a fee.some apps could be free and when you try to download it again using the same number,they tell you to pay.that is bcus,they have realized that you like the apps and you are willing to pay to have it.

It is a general believe that people send more watsup message than the normal text.i wont be surprise it watsup start sending advertising message from advertisers to peoples phone.

From whatsup policy,it says the apps is for free for a year and after that you have to pay for it.but in some region.they dont offer free watsup.u must pay to start using it.

If you have a skype apps on your iphone,you will notice some advert on the top.

Some apps offer a free version,they they offer an advance version with more functionality.the free version strategy is for marketing reason.people try it and are convinced to apy for more functionality.

Dont forget that the big money comes if the apps owner decides to sell off the apps in the apps market to potential investors.

Thats why i tell NIgerians in order to succeed in e-business or apps business.you must be very very patient.you must be patient enough as a patient dog eat the fattest bone not forgeting that somebody ate the beafmeat. wink

The way you always take your time to explain things really marvels me. Now, I know how all these free applications in the market generates their money, Strategic indeed.

Thank you so much, waiting for the remaining part of the Business Module 13...... Stay Blessed

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by mich2012: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2013
Nice one bro, I recommend you for the NL poster of the year award!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2013
Thank you all for the compliments.i need your contributions too.i hope we can share our nigerian problem and be able to create revenue from it.there are alot of opportunities in nigeria.we just have to look with our inner eye and think
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Inik(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Hi Bro,

Thanks
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Mcleo007(m): 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
mrnestyy1985: Thank you all for the compliments.i need your contributions too.i hope we can share our nigerian problem and be able to create revenue from it.there are alot of opportunities in nigeria.we just have to look with our inner eye and think

You are the best. God bless you muchos!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by SamNelson: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2013
Sam-Nelson:
@OP, i don't know how to commend u for revealing some great ideas for free of cost! You are a charitabl pioneer, thanks a bunch....in all ur ideas, i like nò. 6 but i don't know how to go about it, xpecially in d area of postin d qestn and answer. Should it be a post or puting it in pdf format for downloading? Please expantiate it d more for me, although som pple 're already on dat field but i believe i can overthrown them soonest. Thanks!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by SamNelson: 9:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
Sam-Nelson:
@OP, i don't know how to commend u for revealing these great ideas for free of cost! You are a charitabl pioneer, thanks a bunch....in all ur ideas, i like nò. 6 but i don't know how to go about it, xpecially in d area of postin d qestn and answer. Should it be a post or puting it in pdf format for downloading? Please expantiate it d more for me, although som pple 're already on dat field but i believe i can overthrown them soonest. Thanks!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by surveycash(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
tobtap: We can partner on dis biz idea if u are interested..seanyemi@yahoo.com is my email add..pls waiting for u reply.

talk2D:
Not only a partner.
U need cold cash to spend on marketing.
Do u knw why is more popular than nairalist by seun?
It was Marketed on 250,000 Naira full page newspaper, on Africa Magic tv channel(DSTV), google adwords e.t.c.

Play smart and see smart results
'Build it and they will come' they will only come if they know the value but if they don't ?
TEACH THEM THE "BENEFIT" and not features.

I contacted escrow.com to see if one could have the escrow.com.ng version while they provide the API. Unfortunately, they don't accept partners from Nigeria. The only option left is to develop it from scratch and integrate payment processor like interswitch and GTPay. I have programmers and coders that can actualise this but the budget is big as talk2D opined. I am also interested.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by spikesC(m): 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
surveycash:

I contacted escrow.com to see if one could have the escrow.com.ng version while they provide the API. Unfortunately, they don't accept partners from Nigeria. The only option left is to develop it from scratch and integrate payment processor like interswitch and GTPay. I have programmers and coders that can actualise this but the budget is big as talk2D opined. I am also interested.

Hi, we can develop this for you. We can discuss about the specifications. contact via email: support at [url]spikesinteractive.com[/url]
or call on: 08035553259
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by yamakuza: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
surveycash:

funny enough, i know of 2 existing Escrow sites/services in Nigeria, but people still seem uninterested in using them.

even though the Escrow idea is good, your major challenge will be public enlightenment.

manny4life:
I actually dig the "escrow idea" and the "hot spot" modem idea. Fortunately, I've actually thought about both in the past, but several limitations/barriers are a problem. I was thinking more of in the line of how PayPal works but configure it on a smaller scale for just third party payments - escrow.

After computing costs - Professional webpage design, Server hosting, ecurity and network infrastructure, Advertising (for at least 3months), Payroll for back-end experts (programmers, etc), Customer service and administration, Office space and lease, Insurance and bond, Security Agency - EFCC/Banking - CBN Certification, et al. Man I scratched my head because it was running into tens of thousands. Not to discourage anyone, but this was what I thought - what is worth doing is worth doing well. Nonetheless, the thought is still on my mind.

seems you really did your research. thats nice.

not sure, but i suspect that the OP is trying to list ideas people can start with less than say $1k, so i believe an escrow service can still take off on such a small scale. it will just have to be niche based.

manny4life: As for the hot spot idea, I was looking into Main One or One Main Corp, they claimed t have installed fiber optics that carry signals just like Glo, but they're saying that Nigerians utilize 10% of it's capacity. I honestly do believe that exploring this opportunity (Bulk purchasing) from this type of enterprise and then selling for small will be profitable. However, the marketing part must be immense.

going into the nuts and bolts of both posts of yours might just be beyond the scope of this thread sha, i think.

nwgoziri: Pls lik hw much do i nid 2 start no7 in my schl nd wich hotspot modem is d bst nd hw much@op nd who eva has an ideal

the location of your school (eg city vs village) will go a long way in [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=site%3Anairaland.com+++setting+up+a+hotspot&sa=Search]determining startup costs[/url] (equipment wise).

[url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=site%3Anairaland.com+++setting+up+a+hotspot&sa=Search]LINKS[/url]

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by manny4life(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
I actually dig the "escrow idea" and the "hot spot" modem idea. Fortunately, I've actually thought about both in the past, but several limitations/barriers are a problem. I was thinking more of in the line of how PayPal works but configure it on a smaller scale for just third party payments - escrow.

After computing costs - Professional webpage design, Server hosting, ecurity and network infrastructure, Advertising (for at least 3months), Payroll for back-end experts (programmers, etc), Customer service and administration, Office space and lease, Insurance and bond, Security Agency - EFCC/Banking - CBN Certification, et al. Man I scratched my head because it was running into tens of thousands. Not to discourage anyone, but this was what I thought - what is worth doing is worth doing well. Nonetheless, the thought is still on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by manny4life(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
As for the hot spot idea, I was looking into Main One or One Main Corp, they claimed t have installed fiber optics that carry signals just like Glo, but they're saying that Nigerians utilize 10% of it's capacity. I honestly do believe that exploring this opportunity (Bulk purchasing) from this type of enterprise and then selling for small will be profitable. However, the marketing part must be immense.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by princeuk21(m): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2013
You are really talking money here
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Fabiens(m): 12:30am On Apr 20, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Hi bro,

Thanks for your views on my Virgin Ideas.i will try to butress more on your opinion and i hope im able to answer your constructive judgement with critical analysis.

"institutionalized corruption, poor power supply"
institutionalized corruption. if i understand you well,you mean corruption in higher places right?I think this ideas i have shared has nothing to do with politics rather they are private businesses waiting for the government to grasp/flow along.

About the hotspot/internet idea- have you wondered why MTN dropped their cost when a new telecom company(Glo) entered the market.that is because they still make huge profit and wouldnt like to loose their customers to competitors.and they sometimes offer free connection because they understand they will get people attracted and they dont have to pay anybody for offering free connection.
"If you bring a feasible hotspot idea to them, they will run it themselves" you can see it as creating an office for yourself inside the mtn office.if they can steal your idea,then they can make you head of the idea.

Graduate database idea- thanks for the loophole. i tried as much as possible to cover this highlighted loophole by providing an additional random lecturer review which i think might go a long way in closing this loophole in malpractise but if you think it will not be effective you might be right.

Anybody interested in this graduate database idea can choose to utilize the power of crowd.Gossips flows within any student environment.how about including annonymus lecturers rating i.e trust worthiness.where student can anonymously rate lecturers.so when the employers make a search and reads the lecturers feedback,they can as well browse the lecturers rating.it will help build feedback confidence for prospective employers.

Please guys,feel free to share your opinion on this.You understand the system better than me.I used to be a Uniben student before a travelled abroad so my stretegies are based on past experience.So let me know your views and see how we can work it out.

Thanks onces again Fabiens

Billgates one laptop per child was only a marketing strategy he used in entering Africa.too bad it didnt work because only Africans can develop Africa

Well, I can obviously see you are a cool guy smiley By institutionalized corruption, I mean everyone is corrupt such that corruption is seen as a normal thing. From the garri seller who dents her tins so she sells less garri, to the bank md, who skims of bank profits. It is regarded as normal and unfortunately makes it hard to find any business done the proper way.

Therefore, some serious checkpoints have to be put in place for the graduate database. What I can further add is this: Any business you want to start here, first check if people know about it. It is very hard to sell something to someone when he has no idea about it. The true business in such a case becomes "teaching the person, and educating him on this product's uses". Plenty of tips there wink

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by godello: 1:54am On Apr 20, 2013
Pls can any web designer or application designer create application like whatsapp, 2go etc, i need ur help on some ideas am generating,contact
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 3:09am On Apr 20, 2013
Fabiens:

Well, I can obviously see you are a cool guy smiley By institutionalized corruption, I mean everyone is corrupt such that corruption is seen as a normal thing. From the garri seller who dents her tins so she sells less garri, to the bank md, who skims of bank profits. It is regarded as normal and unfortunately makes it hard to find any business done the proper way.

Therefore, some serious checkpoints have to be put in place for the graduate database. What I can further add is this: Any business you want to start here, first check if people know about it. It is very hard to sell something to someone when he has no idea about it. The true business in such a case becomes "teaching the person, and educating him on this product's uses". Plenty of tips there wink

Thanks for the constructive spotted critics. im sure one or two guys here have spotted a solution.There is always a solution to any problem,one just have to look with his foresight. Final year students in educational and IT department in Nigerian university could consider this idea as a Thesis topic

In my opinion,creating awareness about a product to the public wouldn't be a problem if a product is unique and is a genuine only solution to an existing problem.There are occasion where people,business dont have to pay any money to get on TV media advertising because their product is unique and is backed by big corporate/government body.

Most of us are aware of the Six Degree Law/Six Degree of Seperation.Find attached a picture of the six degree law. Every person on this earth are one way or the other interconnected.Facebook owner spotted this Law and was able to use it to create richness.Linking up with an official from the top government might never be difficult as one thinks.Have you wondered why facebook is able to send you friend suggestion of old school mates you lost contact with and never taught you would meet again?That is because facebook have inventor have fully utilized the Six Degree Law.You shouldnt be surprise if the Facebook post you shared on your wall is been seen by someone facebook wall in Katmandu Nepal who you dont have any connection with.That is because facebook inventor understood what the telephone and TV inventor didnt understand.The cost of marketing a business has dropped drastically in recent years.

As we continue,i will share my opinion on how one can successfully create awareness/market his product by using an advertising technique called Endorsement.

Guys,please feel free to share your ideas and opinion.as with every problem spotted comes a solution and thus a million naira business.

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 20, 2013
manny4life: As for the hot spot idea, I was looking into Main One or One Main Corp, they claimed t have installed fiber optics that carry signals just like Glo, but they're saying that Nigerians utilize 10% of it's capacity. I honestly do believe that exploring this opportunity (Bulk purchasing) from this type of enterprise and then selling for small will be profitable. However, the marketing part must be immense.

Great idea,i must commend you for that. grin in terms of advertising.the problem with Nigerian entrepreneurs is that they always want to make money within a few hours of creating or lunching their business.they always forget that business development(product cycle) stages include Lunching idea- Marketing(awareness)-- Break-Even--- Profit generation. some business men always want to move from Lunching an idea to profit generation and they end up going bankrupt.

As regards to marketing a hotspot product,i think is an easy process.If i would be a hotspot service provider,the first place to take my business to is to the Nigerian University. If i live in Lagos.i would choose the University of Lagos as my target market.Then i will narrow it down to a department/faculty. it cost about 1000 naira to print 2000 copies of handbill/posters.The content of the advert handbill/poster will include Free wireless internet connection
Because the growth of laptop,ipad/notebook and handheld phone are uptrend and people do not currently have internet access to their device,they will be attracted to try out the hotspot by simply searching for available wireless connection.They will definitely see a free wifi connection and try to connect.After connection,they try to browse a site.they will get a site redirection to your hotspot webpage where they will be prompted to either browse for free or subscribe to a connection plan.

Remember i stated in my earlier replies that you should try to offer 1 minutes of free browsing for marketing/ awareness purpose.after the 1 minute free browsing expires,they are prompted to to subscribe to get additional browsing.

When you Break-Even on one department,All you have to do to expand successfully to other department is to place advert on your hotspot redirection homepage like " We are in the follow department,faculty and so on" The existing users will help you do the rest of marketing for free by sharing the good news to their faculty friends in other department and from there,the same process can be taken out to another university region,city etc.

You see.... with 1000 naira handbill/poster advert,you have been able to market your product to a whole school. all im saying is to identify your target market using sample size.

Note:To our Nigerian economist,please pardon me if i have slaughtered basic economics terms.lol

please feel free to share your ideas and opinion.as with every problem spotted comes a solution and thus a million naira business.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 20, 2013
manny4life: I actually dig the "escrow idea" and the "hot spot" modem idea. Fortunately, I've actually thought about both in the past, but several limitations/barriers are a problem. I was thinking more of in the line of how PayPal works but configure it on a smaller scale for just third party payments - escrow.

Thanks for your views and the limitations you highlighted.I hope that more viewers like you who follow this thread will share their views too.

Regarding the limitations highlighted,i will try to share my opinion and i hope to get constructive critics and it will enable us think further and remember that Only Nigerians Can Fix Nigeria or i would say Only Africans Can Fix Africa

One of the comments i read here stated " A baby have to learn how to crawl before he walks" this simply explains your limitation thus

You have taught in the way of the existing big payment service providers.if the escrow service provider were to be an existing company entering Nigeria or opening a branch in Nigeria,then you wouldn't be far from being correct.
What i have discussed were virgin ideas that an average Nigerian with little finance and connection can establish.

Regarding your statement "After computing costs - Professional webpage design, Server hosting, ecurity and network infrastructure, Advertising (for at least 3months), Payroll for back-end experts (programmers, etc), Customer service and administration, Office space and lease, Insurance and bond, Security Agency - EFCC/Banking - CBN Certification, et al", An infant Ebusiness company do not need all of this units as buttressed below;

Facebook/paypal,ebay and the rest of them owners didnt host their server when they started.They saw a need for it.Most of them started from the four corners of their room with a quark computer.. The increasing database of users and the need to offer quicker automatic instant transfer of transaction led to them hosting their servers.Of curse the automatic/instant payment comes with security automation.

An Ebusiness comes with an E-office(Virtual Office).There must be a need for office space before an ebusiness puts up one.Im not sure what you mean by insurance and bond but i think that could be covered up with Government Endorsement. If Nigerian security agency viz EFCC,ICPC and the police endorse your Escrow site then i think the issue of insurance is sorted out.You might need to understand the meaning of insurance coverage and you will realize that sometimes it doesnt really entail keeping large funds with insurance companies.

The issue of marketing starts with One customers and then the one marketing takes it to the world.Utilize the "Six degree of separation" technique.

For an infant entrepreneur wishing to start this Escrow site. The core department needed is just the programmer-for the Professional webpage design(he will be in charge of updating the frontpage) - and marketing department(will handle the backend task like receiving and confirming funds.I have analysed how one man/two people can run this Escrow business in my previous replies.

Feel free to share your opinion and constructive critics as i might not be well knowledgeable in some aspect of programming and web building in general.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by HeroKing: 5:38am On Apr 20, 2013
Dear poster,

Your intellectual capital is high; you need to develop it and make the best of it for yourself and possibly for mankind.

Looking at the number of pages of quality business ideas you have already, frankly speaking, you are on the right path to making fortunes. All you need is to fine-tune and turn them into a goldmine. You already know great ideas come in crude form, so I will not lecture you on that.
Teaser: the pages are enough to make a good book on Internet Business Ideas. My suggested title for you can be any of the following:
- "101 Online businesses you can do".
- "Internet Business Ideas"
- "Easy to start businesses with great prospects"
- "Fire your passion, fire your boss, hire your bank manager"

With your knowledge about e-book development, you can do a little more research and add a chapter in the book on how to develop ebooks; that alone can get you as much as 20 quality pages in addition to your existing writeup. Watch videos on how to create your own eBooks in 15 minutes: -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWZhYYVCdIA&feature=fvwrel
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjEL8oyMkBE&feature=related
Turn pdf document to eBook magazine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sj1ThhGJIY&feature=related

With a good editor (I could edit the book for you for free), the ideas can be packaged in a smart eBook for sale with publishing cost close to zero!. Imagine selling just half a million copies online at say $10 each, $500,000 is to your credit. With amazon.com et al the sky is the limit for the sale of this hotcake.

I could invest in some of the ideas as I have done in the past. See an example of what I am talking about here www.achievershostel.com. You can pick my contact details from the site's contact us page and let us take it up from there.

My little cents.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ugochukwu Udu & Njideka, Emeka Offor Daughter's Wedding: Dignitaries At Event / Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) / Shoprite Building A Mall In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.