Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) (53005 Views)

Business Idea For Seun: Start A Newspaper Publication (Nairaland Daily) / Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? / Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Fabiens(m): 3:07am On Apr 18, 2013
Very good contributions by the OP. I respect people who share with others.

Unfortunately, most of these ideas won't work in Nigeria. Don't get me wrong, they are brilliant ideas. The problem is the OP has applied a Western/European way of thinking to his ideas. Nigerians think rather differently. They are some loopholes in the arguments. Nigeria is not ready for some of these businesses. You have to learn to crawl before you run. I am not a pessimist, infact I have aways put my money down in risky ventures; but some nigerian aspects have not been taking into consideration e.g. institutionalized corruption, poor power supply.

1 example: On the hotspot. I knew internet in the EU costs $10 monthly, 100MByte/sec and unlimited data. I immediately felt networks here were cheating. However, when you take account of how much they spend on diesel just to keep a mast online, and the bribes they pay, you find out there are hidden costs which are not normal to a business. Of course they still make a killing in Nigeria (large market), yet few can offer unlimited plans, at our already slow speeds. The best way to start hotspot is to get your own satellite. In short, research yourself, it isn't as straightforward as it appears. MTN, Glo are not sharing anything with you. If you bring a feasible hotspot idea to them, they will run it themselves.

2 example: University Graduate Database. Sorry but Nigeria is too corrupt. Some universities yes are stricter than others, but with money, you can get fake papers, and pay off whoever does verification in the university. All he needs is a special folder for anytime someone inquires. You say random lecturer, but who? How to verify legitimacy of the random lecturer? This is a country where people fake oil importation papers.

I wont go into other ideas, the truth is most of them are very good (1 idea, I am sure someone stared recently), but I was just struck by the western style of thinking. Whoever takes up any of them, must think locally AND act locally. At the end of the day, I dont wish to be negative, I am just adding my 2 cents. One last example. Bill Gates has his "1 laptop per african child" project. BUt how man children go to school? How many actually LEARN not just go, but learn in school? How many children have food to eat everyday? He should have started with "good health for all", or "no child goes hungry". He however was thinking like an American, and expected Africa to work like America. Wrong.

I am very sure I must have loopholes in my deductions, so feel free to criticize me, I love learning. smiley

9 Likes

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by nijanigga: 3:26am On Apr 18, 2013
Fabiens: Very good contributions by the OP. I respect people who share with others.

Unfortunately, most of these ideas won't work in Nigeria. Don't get me wrong, they are brilliant ideas. The problem is the OP has applied a Western/European way of thinking to his ideas. Nigerians think rather differently. They are some loopholes in the arguments. Nigeria is not ready for some of these businesses. You have to learn to crawl before you run. I am not a pessimist, infact I have aways put my money down in risky ventures; but some nigerian aspects have not been taking into consideration e.g. institutionalized corruption, poor power supply.

1 example: On the hotspot. I knew internet in the EU costs $10 monthly, 100MByte/sec and unlimited data. I immediately felt networks here were cheating. However, when you take account of how much they spend on diesel just to keep a mast online, and the bribes they pay, you find out there are hidden costs which are not normal to a business. Of course they still make a killing in Nigeria (large market), yet few can offer unlimited plans, at our already slow speeds. The best way to start hotspot is to get your own satellite. In short, research yourself, it isn't as straightforward as it appears. MTN, Glo are not sharing anything with you. If you bring a feasible hotspot idea to them, they will run it themselves.

2 example: University Graduate Database. Sorry but Nigeria is too corrupt. Some universities yes are stricter than others, but with money, you can get fake papers, and pay off whoever does verification in the university. All he needs is a special folder for anytime someone inquires. You say random lecturer, but who? How to verify legitimacy of the random lecturer? This is a country where people fake oil importation papers.

I wont go into other ideas, the truth is most of them are very good (1 idea, I am sure someone stared recently), but I was just struck by the western style of thinking. Whoever takes up any of them, must think locally AND act locally. At the end of the day, I dont wish to be negative, I am just adding my 2 cents. One last example. Bill Gates has his "1 laptop per african child" project. BUt how man children go to school? How many actually LEARN not just go, but learn in school? How many children have food to eat everyday? He should have started with "good health for all", or "no child goes hungry". He however was thinking like an American, and expected Africa to work like America. Wrong.

I am very sure I must have loopholes in my deductions, so feel free to criticize me, I love learning. smiley
You got it right. Nigerians have an inborn tendency to loot or inbuilt corruption tendencies.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 18, 2013
Good morning guys.im so amazed at the feedback i got from my post this morning.im kind of busy this morning with work.but i promise to reply you all before the day runs out.But i have one Days quote for you to think about

IF your friend tells you " YOu no no BOok" tell him you agree and give him the reply "you no sabi use your book make money or nevertheless tell him YOu no know money.Nigerian schools teach you how to "know book" while western school go direct to the result of knowing book"making money. Most of us might be familier with the book by robert kirosaki."rich dat poor dad"

Hyvaa paivaa
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ewizard1: 6:29am On Apr 18, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Hi freetowns
i must say your idea is nice but like you said,there is already a similar site like that viz Iroko by iroking.

In the words of basket mouth our great comedian "There are two things involved in everything we do" You should ask yourself this question.who are we creating this website for? if its for Nigerians and foreigners abroad,there is no problem but if it is for Nigerians at home then there are two things involved.it is either they browse the website by their slow mobile internet connection or only the very wealthy once visit the site.if the wealthy ones visit the site,there is no problem but if the blackberry internet connectors visit the site. bro there are so many things involved. lol

this leads us to our previous INTERNET BUSINESS hotspot idea.

feel free to check and analyse this issue as with every problem spotted comes a business possibility.

Pls sir, could you mail me me @ ewizard1@yahoo.com
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ewizard1: 6:31am On Apr 18, 2013
freetowns: Investment No 4 and 6 are very good investment Idea. I dont mind investing in any of them. IS there any interested person?? I can make the website in UK here and you can run the marketing and all. If interested contact me on thumbryder at hotmail dot com

Hello... i've been craving for this biz. Could u mail me on ewizard1@yahoo.com? thanks
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ewizard1: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2013
A very great thread i found!!! I have loved online biz a lot. Anywhere i am, u always find me clinged to my smart fone. Its only ba3 juice that seperates our fight (lol). So i've been thinking there shld be something i could be doing dat cld earn me something apart frm whatsapping,fb'ing,tweeting etc. Could anyone link me up with a biz i cld.? And besides, Freetown, i wld like to market whatever u got fr importation (especially mobile electronics/gadgets) cos i'm kind of wîzzie in dat field. and i swear to God. would be faithful. Nice thread Mrnestyy
your twitter handle ain't active.. why Na pple like you i go like follow o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 18, 2013
Hi mynestyy1985 please email me on ctrume@yahoo.com. We cld discuss on fine tuning a proposal. Well done

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ezehisaac(m): 6:50am On Apr 18, 2013
mrnestyy1985: No 2: Nigerian Escrow website

I believe by now most of us know what escrow service means.Look it up on google.

Problem

You and i know that if we have the opportunity to scam with ease we wont hesitate to grab that opportunity. I have a general law in online business which has been adopted by most white Europeans and Americans.
"Never trust a Nigerian in every aspect concerning money"
Even Goodluck Jonathan the Nigerian president could scam you if he has the opportunity. Agreed? This is because human wants/needs are not satiable.
In my own opinion, Nigerians have not been successful in online business because of the risk that is involved when you deal with Nigerian online.this can be seen in the way the european and amaerican payment service like paypal,moneybookers and the rest of them restrict their service from Nigerians.My reason?we can not trade with Nigerians using paypal because they are so brilliant that they can even claim to own the paypal merchant account and scam you the sum of 50,000 dollars with just a 100 naira air ticket bought from a local cyber cafe that has a 5th hand used outdated computer.

In order to improve trust when doing business with Nigerians online,there has to be a payment service that is able to protect Nigerian as well as the so called magas.

Solution
PayNigerians/NairaEscrow/ProtectMaga/MagaSafe (Think about a unique short domain name)

This website enables buyers and sellers to buy and sell product and services safely when dealing with Nigerians.

How it works
example: A seller abroad who supplies goods like clothing and cars contacts a Nigerian importer who is interested in importing cloths for sale in Nigeria.after must communication they buyer agrees and decides to transact with this seller who he or she doesnt know or have not met before. He remembers the ultimate online Law( Never trust any body with money online especially a Nigerian). The buyer or the seller can offer to procure a third party "YOU" that will protect them and ensure smooth secured transaction.

The both party visit your website
Register as a buyer or a Seller
states the given transaction amount or service
click proceed
the admin (YOU) accept escrow and ask the buyer to upload the money. when he upload the money and you confirm it with your bank.you contact the seller securely online to proceed with shipment and provide shipment tracking codes.when the good
s is shiped and the buyer confirms receipt.you can release the money to the seller by local bank transfer.

Happy buyer/ Happy seller that returns to your website again and again and recommends you to other prospective importer.

Other possibility

A)You could also integrate the site with freelance service.i.e people who live abroad that can send this product to you in Nigeria and recieve their payment securely through your site.

How?
A potential buyer who wants to buy something from ebay or other ecommerce site abroad but do not have the payment capability as the shipping address specified bcus most online traders do not send goods to Nigeria.
He or she goes to your site, post a frelance ad seeking for interested freelancer who can purchase the goods in your name and resend it to Nigeria for you for a fee.
interested frelancer contacts you and negotiate payment.then proceed to use the escrow service offered by your site.

B) I also see the possibility for Nigerian government using your platform to issue/award contracts to potential contractor.Money is never released until the contract is completed.this will help to reduce the problem with unfinished contracts as most contractors will strive to complete their contract because they are guaranteed a return on their investment.this can be linked to banks that issue loans to contractors as the contractors can print the pending escrow statement and use it as collateral to secure loan.

You can manipulate their solution in several way to suite your revenue potential. consult me if you need further question and if i have the time,i will gladly reply.
i need a partner for this, seriously
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by talk2D: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2013
ezeh isaac: i need a partner for this, seriously
Not only a partner.
U need cold cash to spend on marketing.
Do u knw why is more popular than nairalist by seun?
It was Marketed on 250,000 Naira full page newspaper, on Africa Magic tv channel(DSTV), google adwords e.t.c.

Play smart and see smart results
'Build it and they will come' they will only come if they know the value but if they don't ?
TEACH THEM THE "BENEFIT" and not features.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by tobtap: 7:06am On Apr 18, 2013
We can partner on dis biz idea if u are interested..seanyemi@yahoo.com is my email add..pls waiting for u reply.
ezeh isaac: i need a partner for this, seriously
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by talk2D: 7:34am On Apr 18, 2013
There is one thing i have also learnt in startupping biz.
The first idea are the way u need to walk first before reaching the unique idea that can make u right.

JUST DO IT AND STOP FLIPPING THRU PAGES.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by stun: 8:03am On Apr 18, 2013
Wow, as much as I have d zeal 2 start smtin. Am kind of a team person, any uniport student interested should holla me. 08182083886, stunjimmo@yahoo.com.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by sonety2k(m): 8:20am On Apr 18, 2013
Nice Tip
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Tbaby4real(f): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2013
[quote author=mrnestyy1985], hyvä päivää, you have a great ideas in here. I would like to say you are a great thinker........could you please contact me on : allreallove4tayo@yahoo.com. as I would like to discuss some business ideas with you. Hope to hear from you soon.
Hyvää päivän jatkoa. Terveisin Tayo
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Rooneyboy(m): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2013
surveyProf:

It will work out fine i.e. The escrow business in Nigeria, for Nigerians only for a start, there are lots and lots of online businesses coming up everyday in Nigeria, but buyers are scared of loosing their hard earn money to fraud stars, who are out der looking for easy money.

Finally, anybody venturing into this kind of business should have a physical office and a registered company name where buyers and sellers can always visit, if need be, and not just online presence.

N:B~I bought an online food last week, frm a Nigerian food seller, @ first I was nervous, but I hv to research about the lady that owns the business, she was crediable and I gave it a try, n the food was delivered!

The ESCROW business is a splendid idea, believe u me, have been thinking of opening a site in that regard but one loophole I fear the most is when the two persons (buyer and seller) the ESCROW company is dealing with are both crooks "working together to reap the ESCROW company off"

TALKING ABOUT PHYSICAL ADDRESS.
I do have an existing physical company address,(not just a makeshift plaza or rented shop but a beautiful edifice somewhere in lagos ) and I fear staining my name when dealing with 2 fraudulent individuals that might come harassing one in the office every minute.
Omowunmi Allen's case is a real eye opener on how far fraudulent people could go just to reap u off .
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2013
WOW! I must say I am impressed with this thread and mrnestyy1985 has really done a good job. Thanks so much. We have had threads like this on nairaland but people get fired up and later fired down. But I am advising that as many people that get fired up should keep such tempo. Keep thinking about it everytime until it becomes a reality.
However, take note that starting things like this in Nigeria takes preserverance. One of the ideas talked about here have been conceived by me since 2010 and it is about escrow services. I worked so hard to get functioning. Built the website with a computer programmer friend of mine. Spent all our savings on it. Later my friend got a bit distracted, got a job with a bank and abandoned the work despite my pleas. I am still on it, thinking about it and wanting it to stand. I have developed novel ideas on Escrow services in Nigeria and will be willing to have someone who can finance the re-construction of the site and getting it up again. The site is still functioning but so many parts of its component are gone due to carelessness. The site is www.mycashpayer.com.

However, if you are a good thinker like me, contact me to see if we can work together. I have also been working on a mobile app that will be useful for practicing exams, it is about to be brought out and I want to test-run it for this UTME students. If you are interested in being a part of it, you can email me immediately on kayjegs@yahoo.com

Lastly, I have discussed so much on so many threads on nairaland about business ideas and so on. I have threads which has dealt on virgin business ideas and others.

Have you thought of packaging beans in small packs which are neat and devoid of beans shafts. It will sell fast in Nigeria. As simple as it is, people have not explored that.

Just check out some business ideas here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

and

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

Have a wonderful business year!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2013
nijanigga:
You got it right. Nigerians have an inborn tendency to loot or inbuilt corruption tendencies.

More like its in the DNA grin
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Bontee: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2013
The escrow site must first build a name before buyers and sellers will even think of using it or parting with their hard earned money.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by jasper7(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
As God would have it, I am already developing one of the ideas shared by OP. But I am more in to app development and software design. anybody with an idea of an app or software for phones or laptops should PM. This year, we are for biz and biz alone
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bontee: The escrow site must first build a name before buyers and sellers will even think of using it or parting with their hard earned money.

Hi bro,

You might be right on your views. Building a name is about marketing.And marketing is not an issue if the product is the only hopes for Nigerians to secure their online transaction without being defrauded.

One tip on making the Escrow website trusted by people is to get security organisations,Banks and other financial institution endorse it. You can look up for the meaning of Endorse by asking my best friend Google.
Take this completed site with a good PowerPoint presentation to security agents like the EFF,ICPC and the rest of them. You could also visit the Banks and educate them on how an Escrow site can help them promote national and international trust among Nigerians.

In my opinion,once the EFCC and Banks endorse it,they will surely want to market it for you by inviting you to a media station where you will explain to the world how their online present will be protected.

Other ways to market the Escrow site is true partnership with an existing Nigerian ecommerce market.Later on on this thread,i will share my view on how One can successfully market his or her online Business through partnership with an existing ones.

Feel free to share your views and opinion, dont forget i love critics.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by carik(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
mrnestyy1985: 6. Jamb Past question and Answer Website

It is a common that that most JAMB and WAEC question are usually the same every year or with just a slight change in the questions. This means that if people can dedicate their time in revisiting this past questions few times a week through a click on a website,they would definitely come out successful after the exam.

This website or blog could be a platform of past Jamb questions and answers fully discussed by experts with different view on solving it. i.e a maths questions,could have several ways of solving or identifying the answer which safes time for other questions.

Revenue
i
Revenue comes from site traffic and advertising placed by local jamb or waec tutorials.
I love this idea but have not been able to develop a blogsite,how can i contact you to inquire some other things affilating from you

this is a mini idea for a blog starter but feel free to manipulate it if you think it has bigger potential.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
kayjegs: WOW! I must say I am impressed with this thread and mrnestyy1985 has really done a good job. Thanks so much. We have had threads like this on nairaland but people get fired up and later fired down. But I am advising that as many people that get fired up should keep such tempo. Keep thinking about it everytime until it becomes a reality.
However, take note that starting things like this in Nigeria takes preserverance. One of the ideas talked about here have been conceived by me since 2010 and it is about escrow services. I worked so hard to get functioning. Built the website with a computer programmer friend of mine. Spent all our savings on it. Later my friend got a bit distracted, got a job with a bank and abandoned the work despite my pleas. I am still on it, thinking about it and wanting it to stand. I have developed novel ideas on Escrow services in Nigeria and will be willing to have someone who can finance the re-construction of the site and getting it up again. The site is still functioning but so many parts of its component are gone due to carelessness. The site is www.mycashpayer.com.

However, if you are a good thinker like me, contact me to see if we can work together. I have also been working on a mobile app that will be useful for practicing exams, it is about to be brought out and I want to test-run it for this UTME students. If you are interested in being a part of it, you can email me immediately on kayjegs@yahoo.com

Lastly, I have discussed so much on so many threads on nairaland about business ideas and so on. I have threads which has dealt on virgin business ideas and others.

Have you thought of packaging beans in small packs which are neat and devoid of beans shafts. It will sell fast in Nigeria. As simple as it is, people have not explored that.

Just check out some business ideas here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

and

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

Have a wonderful business year!

Hi bro,
Thanks for the compliment and your previous effort in building an Escrow website like you stated.Permit me to fault and comment on your current website and business strategy as this will enable us Nigerians learn and improve on the way we approach Online business.

Your current website https://www.mycashpayer.com/ in my opinion is too diverted such that you might have problem focusing on the most important thing which is security.I mean,you offer too many services.Correct me if i am wrong,this site "mycashpayer.com" operates like Paypal even though it has an Ecommerce via Escrow functionality in its write up.I did not see any aspect of Escrow in the site rather than more of E-commerce(buy & sell).

Secondly,You stated on the site that you are proudly Nigeria yet the UK,France and German flag were proudly represented in your language selection even though you don't have clients there.

Thirdly,what do you mean by "CASHPAYER runs the errand for you" are you a boy boy? Im sure you know that Paypal and Ebay are owned by one person but you will never see Paypal advertising an ebay product on their website. grin that is bcus they focus more on customers security and they allow Ebay to focus on trading activity.

When creating an online business,your objectives have to be clear as it goes a long way in promoting trust. you can not be a marketer,an online seller,a bank and what ever at the same time.in our local pidgin i will say" make you do one and leave the rest for another man pikin to do"

If you like it or not.Paypal,moneybooker or any other payment gateway owned by Americans and Europeans will always be better than your payment service when ranked.What is important is the money you make out of it.The idea is.Paypal,moneybookers and the rest rule their world Europe and America but they can never rule your world which is Africa or Nigeria.Your goal is to strive and rule your world. Alhaji Dangote the owner of dangote group rule the Nigerian and the African market and he is ranked among the richest in the world.He doesnt compete with the europeans or Americans industrialist because he will be matched. Everybody with his own kingdom.No enter their kingdom and dem no go enter yours.Paypal in future might be prepared to buy you but they can not rule you if you rule here.

In terms of marketing,You should never use your competitors name in marketing your e-business. "Have you ever wanted a payment system so safe that its 100% risk free, that is not tied to your bank account or credit card and gives you the opportunity to shop, make or receive payment online as if you own a credit card or a paypal account?"

About packaging beans will depend on your connection with the local shopping mall/supermaket like shoprite and the rest.But dont you think shoprite could repackage beans if they want to.im sure they already do.Permit me to focus on Virgin Ideas for the Nigerian market.

Tips: One good suggestion for you is to build/ create an Online marketplace where people can buy and sell product online. just like ebay but solely dedicated to Nigerians or africa at large.Im sure you will do well with that.

If you intend to continue with the Escrow project, Here are a good tip on a simple way to do it.I will try to explain it in the language of Nigerians by telling a folk story.

A christian igbo man wants to sell an Onitsha radio to a Boko-Haram hausa man. because the boko haram hausa man is scared that the igbo man will sell fake or even dupe him when he sends the money directly to the igbo mans bank account.And the igbo man feels the hausa man will kill him if he sends the Onitsha radio without first collecting money and trying to visit the hausa man in the north,he might be killed and used for Barka de salah.
The igbo man contacts the police and gives the police the Onitsha Radio.The Hausa man isits the police station and pays the police to pick up the radio.When the hausa man confirms he has collected the Radio,the igbo man contacts the police to have his money sent to his bank account.The two enemies are happy trading together because they feel protected.

That is the end of my story and that is how an Escrow service works.

In this case,The police is the Escrow website.The igbo and the Hausa man are the traders.they both go to the website(police station) to register as buyers and sellers respectively stating what they are selling and how much they are offering.The buyer sends the money by bank transfer to the escrow(police) using the police account number and reference which is auto-generated.The escrow admin(Police officer) confirms the money with his bank(if u internet banking,you will know when you get a text message about the transaction)and clicks proceed to authorise the seller to send the goods providing any tracking details where possible.when the buyer receives the goods,the buyer confirms it by clicking Confirmed which means the police can send the money to the seller.

Feel free to share your opinion and further explanations

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rooneyboy:

The ESCROW business is a splendid idea, believe u me, have been thinking of opening a site in that regard but one loophole I fear the most is when the two persons (buyer and seller) the ESCROW company is dealing with are both crooks "working together to reap the ESCROW company off"

I do have an existing physical company address,(not just a makeshift plaza or rented shop but a beautiful edifice somewhere in lagos ) and I fear staining my name when dealing with 2 fraudulent individuals that might come harassing one in the office every minute.
Omowunmi Allen's case is a real eye opener on how far fraudulent people could go just to reap u off .

Hi bro,thanks for you views.i have tried to elaborate on this issue in one of my replies. but i will try to state it in another way for you.
As regards to your statement/question "I fear the most is when the two persons (buyer and seller) the ESCROW company is dealing with are both crooks "working together to reap the ESCROW company off" , I will like to state that i dont see any loophole in this transaction process if the buyer confirms he received the payment and they seller confirms he sent the product backing it up with postal tracking code depending on the service offered.The money involved is held with the Escrow admin until the buyer receives the product not forgetting that the buyer first sends the money to the escrows bank.

I hope i make sense in my explanation.

The physical address might not be necessary at the startup stage,you only need a mobile customers rep that take calls and enquires which is usually a work from home task.

The physical address strategy comes if you wish to offer an additional "pickup service" meaning, a physical place where the buyer can pick up the product if he chooses not to receive the product at his home location.example-

Kunle the seller lives in London and Bayo the buyer lives in Lagos.If your pickup services(office) in located lagos.Kunle will have the option of sending the product to your pickup location where bayo has to visit the office and pick the product.That process might be time consuming but even more secured.

feel free to exploit it.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
@mrnestyy1985...You are very right. We were trying to do this when my programmer friend lost concentration. Thanks for the advice. This is a nice thread, I must confess..
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by nwgoziri(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pls lik hw much do i nid 2 start no7 in my schl nd wich hotspot modem is d bst nd hw much@op nd who eva has an ideal
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by luckynzo(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
apart from all these businesses. you can also go to www.publicissues.com.ng and get linked up wit great employment and business opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Fabiens: Very good contributions by the OP. I respect people who share with others.

Hi bro,

Thanks for your views on my Virgin Ideas.i will try to butress more on your opinion and i hope im able to answer your constructive judgement with critical analysis.

"institutionalized corruption, poor power supply"
institutionalized corruption. if i understand you well,you mean corruption in higher places right?I think this ideas i have shared has nothing to do with politics rather they are private businesses waiting for the government to grasp/flow along.

About the hotspot/internet idea- have you wondered why MTN dropped their cost when a new telecom company(Glo) entered the market.that is because they still make huge profit and wouldnt like to loose their customers to competitors.and they sometimes offer free connection because they understand they will get people attracted and they dont have to pay anybody for offering free connection.
"If you bring a feasible hotspot idea to them, they will run it themselves" you can see it as creating an office for yourself inside the mtn office.if they can steal your idea,then they can make you head of the idea.

Graduate database idea- thanks for the loophole. i tried as much as possible to cover this highlighted loophole by providing an additional random lecturer review which i think might go a long way in closing this loophole in malpractise but if you think it will not be effective you might be right.

Anybody interested in this graduate database idea can choose to utilize the power of crowd.Gossips flows within any student environment.how about including annonymus lecturers rating i.e trust worthiness.where student can anonymously rate lecturers.so when the employers make a search and reads the lecturers feedback,they can as well browse the lecturers rating.it will help build feedback confidence for prospective employers.

Please guys,feel free to share your opinion on this.You understand the system better than me.I used to be a Uniben student before a travelled abroad so my stretegies are based on past experience.So let me know your views and see how we can work it out.

Thanks onces again Fabiens

Billgates one laptop per child was only a marketing strategy he used in entering Africa.too bad it didnt work because only Africans can develop Africa
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Ymodulus: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Billgates one laptop per child was only a marketing strategy he used in entering Africa.too bad it didnt work because only Africans can develop Africa
funny quote

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by jasper7(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rooneyboy:

I am thinking the same too. you cant stop crooks from being crooks. and if you want to run any site or biz you have to create space for them too. I have thought about it and I have come up with solutions to tighten up grip
I could feed you with ideas, and create an app. that would help you regulate the fraudulent activities on your site.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
spikes C: Very wonderful. It's hard seeing people who share their ideas publicly, especially, virgin ideas. When i say virgin ideas, i mean in Nigeria.

Most of your internet based ideas are very good, nevertheless, most average Nigerians would not go into it because of capital and/or experience to chose a good developer. Developing such ideas needs total care and security to avoid other loopholes prone to web applications.

Hi bro,

Thanks for your views and compliments.Sometimes,one does not need much capital to explore a business but much dedication.With social community effort,every thing is possible without money.There are some viewers here who are good with programming,some know somebody who knows somebody that can do programming.others are good at marketing and some are good with their connections.

If a good programmer connects with a good marketer and they both connect with someone who has links to finding a sponsor/mentor.im sure the money difficulties will disappear.

Thats what social community can do.

you might be familiar with this site www.freelancer.com where one can hire a freelancer cheaply to do a programing task without even reviewing your identity.go check it out.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ewizard1: 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
freetowns: Am building a site currently on one of the ideas OP just shared here. This thread is an eye opener for me tho...I need a partner on it asap.

Ewizard1@yahoo.com
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ewizard1: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
freetowns: Am building a site currently on one of the ideas OP just shared here. This thread is an eye opener for me tho...I need a partner on it asap.

Mail me at ewizard1@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oyinda Adenuga At Her Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Ugochukwu Udu & Njideka, Emeka Offor Daughter's Wedding: Dignitaries At Event / Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.