Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,235 members, 7,829,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Post Abuja Jobs Here - Jobs/Vacancies (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Post Abuja Jobs Here (2063128 Views)

Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs / Abuja Jobs: Join Our Web/design Team / Abuja Jobs 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (898) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
Medecins Du Monde - For more than 30 years, Medecins Du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.

In Nigeria, violence in the northeast has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement: it has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. People affected by violence in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe, and neighbouring Bauchi, Taraba, and Gombe states are in urgent need of protection, shelter, food, and access to health services and education.

MdM is starting an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state and is looking for experienced human resources to join its team on the field in the coming weeks.

Job title: Administration Coordinator

Tasks and Responsibilities

Under the direct supervision of general oordinator, you will be responsible for the overall management of HR and financial, accounting, budgetary, administrative and legal's aspects of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MdM and donors’ guidelines.

More precisely, you will be in charge of:
The accounting-budget planning & monitoring
The funding & donors
The human resources management
The team management
The Legal framework
The communication, reporting, capitalisation

Skills and Experience
Experience in negotiations and relations with local partners and authorities in a moving and difficult legal, administrative and political context
Able to work and live in tense conditions (proximity to an armed conflict, unstable situation)
Excellent computer skills and knowledge of SAGA is an asset.
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, and the capacity to take initiatives
Strong organisational skills
Languages: English, French an asset

Job title: Logistics Coordinator

Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will lead the development of the country programme logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation.
You will define and implement the logistic tools, the logistics process and be the responsible for all communication related to logistic issues with the Desk.

The procurement & supply chain
The team management
The security
The meetings, representation and reporting

Skills and Experience
Experience in working in challenging environments
Able to work in emergency, to set up a logistics base and build up an operation
Technical skills in security, supply chain, stock, team management, IT, rehabilitation and shelter
Experience in rehabilitation
Able to listen and share decisions as well as to take effective decisions according to the context
Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation and adaptability
Good writing and communication skills
Languages: English, French an asset

Job title: Field Coordinator

Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will supervise the overall project team and ensure close collaboration between the logistic, medical and administrative departments and good team spirit.
You will insure smooth implementation of the project according to project proposal including budget monitoring of activities. You will ensure team security and safety and compliance with security regulations.

The base management
The program management
The logistics/finance/administration
The human resources Management
The representation
The safety and security management
The reporting

Skills and Experience Needed
Experience working with an international NGO in emergency contexts, managing programmes, preferably within the health sector.
Experience in project planning and budget follow up as well as proposal and report writing.
Experience in security management in the field and in emergency responses
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, team spirit and capacity to take initiatives
Languages: English fluent, French an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.

Conditions of Employment
Contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 3 months
Starting date : 25/08/2016
Single posting

Nurse
Location Abuja, Borno

Under the supervision of the medical coordinator and you will work in close collaboration with the medical team.

Skills and Experience
You hold a nursing degree experience in nutrition would be an asset)
You have at least 2 years of work experience
You are able to work under pressure
You have excellent organizational skills
You are in a good physical condition
You are respectful, diplomatic and have an excellent behavior

Languages:
English: fluent
French: is an asset

Conditions of Employment
Contract: Volunteer - VSI (French status)
915 euros / month + perdiem
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Contd....

Midwife
Location Abia, Borno

Under the supervision of the medical coordinator and you will work in close collaboration with the medical team.

Skills and Experience
You hold a midwifery degree experience in nutrition would be an asset)

Languages:

Conditions of Employment

Doctor
Location Abuja, Borno

Skills and Experience
You hold a medical degree experience in nutrition would be an asset)

Languages:

Conditions of Employment

General Coordinator
Location Abuja

Task and Responsibilities
As the general coordinator, you will be in charge of designing and supervising the implementation of MdM’s operational strategy in Nigeria.
You will be in charge of consolidating the projects.
You will ensure the delivery of quality programs, donor and government relations, fundraising and budget management, security and operations management, and developing a motivated and professional team.
You report directly to the desk officer in HQ.
You manage the coordination team and ensure the management of the mission. You ensure briefing and follow up of teams in Nigeria, including security and program briefings for new arrivals.
You ensure regular interaction, information sharing, and collaboration with other humanitarian actors in Nigeria (UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs), and in particular with the medical organizations with similar programs.
You monitor the security situation, in collaboration with the Logistician coordinator.

Skills and Experience Needed
You have extensive experience in a similar position
You are able to have a global overview of a program
You have excellent communication, listening and diplomacy skills
An experience in managing a health program is an asset
You are able to listen and share decisions as well as to take effective decisions according to the context
You show flexibility, reactivity, anticipation and adaptability
You are well organized
You are a leader and a team player
You show respectful, diplomatic and excellent behavior

Languages:

Administrator

Under the responsibility of the administrative coordinator or the logistics coordinator, you will support the implementations of MdM's activities in Nigeria.

Skills and Experience
You have at least 2 years of work experience on a similar position

Conditions of Employment

Languages:

Logistician

Under the responsibility of the administrative coordinator or the logistics coordinator, you will support the implementations of MdM's activities in Nigeria.

Skills and Experience
You have at least 2 years of work experience on a similar position

Conditions of Employment

Languages:

https://mdm.profilsearch.com/recrute/intranet/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1710&idpartenaire=128
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:19am On Aug 12, 2016
A company specialized in Ankara fabric marketing requires the service of operations manager to manage its new outlet. The company plans to build a strong market position in Abuja and its environs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Summary
o This is a mid-level administrative position which provides marketing and business management functions by performing a number of managerial tasks.
o Based in Abuja, this position works with the Managing Director of a mid-sized clothing outfit company.
o Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will co-ordinate and implement marketing strategies that successfully delivers strategic objectives of the company.

Responsibilities
o Assist the company with Marketing, Branding, Planning and Development.
o Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission.
o Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
o Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
o Supervise and coach sales representatives on a weekly basis.
o Develop and Implement marketing and sales plan.
o Must be customer responsive and creative.
o Follow up on product delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Knowledge of Ankara Fashion trend
o Ability to use a personal computer
o Ability to communicate effectively in Hausa and English; and
o Knowledge of basic financial management, Information Technology and Human Resources.

Education and Experience
o NCE/OND/HND/B.Sc in Marketing, Business management or a related field of study;
o 2-3 years’ Experience in marketing of fabrics and clothes
o Not more than 28 years old
o Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel and Word

Remuneration
Salary is based on candidate suitability.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their CVs to: hr@finpactconsulting.com with “Operations Manager” in the email subject line
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by dyydxx: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Is there anywhere in abuja that has at least 12 hours steady power supply and that I can rent a 2-bed flat?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Mma2: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2016
yes, there is. kindly call me. 08036158306
dyydxx:
Is there anywhere in abuja that has at least 12 hours steady power supply and that I can rent a 2-bed flat?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:
Bros, this your question get k-leg o! Can you afford a 2-bedroom flat in Wuse, Garki, Maitama & co if there's steady power supply there? grin cheesy

I think, you should consider your place of work plus how much money available. I stayed in Duste for a year plus and there's always steady power supply tho i had to move last month coz i spent a lot on transportation. Some part of airport road isn't bad.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Paragon001(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:
What's your budget size? Here in Sagwari layout at Dutse, we enjoy on d average, not less than 20 hours power supply daily.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Gabrielwilliams(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:
in peyi, Bwari abuja. We have 24hrs light here
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by dyydxx: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Bros, this your question get k-leg o! Can you afford a 2-bedroom flat in Wuse, Garki, Maitama & co if there's steady power supply there? grin cheesy

I think, you should consider your place of work plus how much money available. I stayed in Duste for a year plus and there's always steady power supply tho i had to move last month coz i spent a lot on transportation. Some part of airport road isn't bad.

thanks, money isn't an issue at all. I think I would go to bwari, since the light situation there isn't that bad
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by dyydxx: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2016
Gabrielwilliams:
in peyi, Bwari abuja. We have 24hrs light here

Thanks bro,

what's the going price for a 2 bed flat?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by dyydxx: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2016
Paragon001:
What's your budget size? Here in Sagwari layout at Dutse, we enjoy on d average, not less than 20 hours power supply daily.

how much does a 2 bed flat go for?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Gabrielwilliams(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:

Thanks bro,

what's the going price for a 2 bed flat?
200-250k
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Mma2: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2016
in jahi just by next cash and carry we have 400k. 20hrs power supply
dyydxx:

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Paragon001(m): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:
Between 700k to 800k. It all depends on the owner of the property.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Paragon001(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mma2:
Tell me you are kidding...!
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by jtkoko9(f): 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
In Dawaki you can have more than 24hrs supply and a 2 bed appartment starts from 700k...

quote author=Paragon001 post=48415970] Tell me you are kidding...![/quote]
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Paragon001(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=jtkoko9 post=48417323]In Dawaki you can have more than 24hrs supply and a 2 bed appartment starts from 700k...

Lolll... More than 24hrs? Dat is not possible b'cus we av 24hrs in a day. For d price, Dawaki, Galadima and Dutse Sagwari have the same price range.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=Paragon001 post=48417545][/quote]I agree with you! Just budget from 700k - 1m in those areas, but i seriously doubt if there's 24hrs power supply.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mma2:
Jahi? Wow! I'm surprised o! 400k for 2 bedroom?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Abuja12345: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:
Depending on your budget, I'll give you tastefully finished 2bedroom flat with desperate transformer and constant light in Lugbe.. If you're interested call 07038822106
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Abuja12345: 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
dyydxx:
Depending on your budget, I'll give you tastefully finished 2bedroom flat with transformer in the house and constant light in Lugbe.. If you're interested call 07038822106

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Una don buy market property section people go come spam this place.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Mma2: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
2 BEDROOM, SORRY FROM 800K
ammyluv2002:
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by missyojo(f): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello ammyluv2002!
As regards the job you posted about P4PE institute , i sent my Cv and application letter to the mail provided below nkem.ijeh@p4pe.com but is not delivering to the email. The response i got was that temporary errors from the receipents server. Can you please confirm it.Thanks!
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Paragon001(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
ammyluv2002:
I seriously doubt the kind of house dat would be!
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
missyojo:
Hello ammyluv2002!
As regards the job you posted about P4PE institute , i sent my Cv and application letter to the mail provided below nkem.ijeh@p4pe.com but is not delivering to the email. The response i got was that temporary errors from the receipents server. Can you please confirm it.Thanks!
My dear,I think there's a mix up somewhere cause I'm seeing two different emails nkem.ijeh@p4pe.com & nkem.ijeh@p4pe.co

I would advise you try it ag using the second email.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by comtem2011: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
missyojo:
Hello ammyluv2002!
Thanks for this o.
got same reply today that d mail was delayed.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 9:37am On Aug 13, 2016
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.

Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.

Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director - HIV/AIDS Nigeria

Overview
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director for a potential 5-year USAID-funded contract designed to build local capacity for the delivery of sustainable, high-quality, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support services. Using a data-driven approach, this project will impact Nigeria’s capacity to effectively control, treat and prevent HIV/AIDS and HIV/tuberculosis co-infections in general and key populations across all regions of Nigeria.

MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Medford, Massachusetts, US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.

Job Descriptions

This position will be responsible for overseeing management and technical operations, ensuring that staffing is aligned with the project’s vision, goals, and plans to achieve program results.
With guidance and support of the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director will coordinate the provision of technical services, harmonize efforts and maximize synergy and integration between project program areas and technical units.
Like the COP and all other senior staff, s/he will set a positive tone for the entire project and inspire staff to apply results-based approaches for timely delivery of services to the clients we serve.
Specific Responsibilities

Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight for the project and ensure the efficient implementation of project activities and the timely reporting of those activities to USAID, and MSH headquarters.
Coordinate collaboration with partners, donors, clients and stakeholders, including MSH headquarters. Maintain the MSH partnership in such a way that ensures high performance and engenders trust and respect and builds USAID’s confidence in MSH’s ability to get the job done.
Promote a team approach that emphasizes high level performance, creative approaches, review and analysis of data. the achievement of project goals and results and a collegial approach that is focused on assisting one another to succeed for project staff in Nigeria, as well as the support team members in the Home Office.
When appropriate, act in place of the COP.
Advise the COP in alignment of human resources with project work plans and emerging SOW from the donors, MSH and partners including on external sourcing of human resources and consultants.
The DCOP will set direction and coordinate annual work plan development, implementation, and review. S/he will ensure alignment with MOH and USAID frameworks and strategies.
S/he will direct efforts to write concept notes and new programs to address emerging health and programming challenges identified by donors, host countries or through the work we do.
Contribute to the project knowledge management system.
Work in close collaboration with the MSH Country Representative(s) and Country Operations Management Unit (COMUs) to ensure coordinated and effective operational support for the project and for MSH within the various countries and the region.
Serve as a member of the Nigeria Leadership Team.
With the COMU Director, adapt and implement management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement.
Qualifications and Experience

An advanced degree at the Master’s level or above in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field is required.
A minimum of 8 years’ experience working as a senior level manager experience of public health programs in developing countries.
In depth experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support of, PMTCT, HIV/TB, OVCs and health systems strengthening.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
Demonstrated experience in program management and administration, and contract compliance. Experience with USAID projects is required.
Must have a proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality written qualitative, quantitative, and narrative deliverables. Familiarity with USAID regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
Fluency in English required (oral and written)
Willingness to travel within Nigeria.

https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/9163/deputy-chief-of-party-technical-director---hiv-aids-nigeria/job?mobile=false&width=1100&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=60
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Consultancy (TOT) – Support to the Fight Against Trafficking in Persons
Additional Category: Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: 01-Sep-2016 (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Duration of Initial Contract: 20 working days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 20 working days
Background
Trafficking in persons (TIP), especially women and children, in Nigeria, is intrinsically related to a number of factors. Predominant among these are poverty, large family size, lack of educational opportunities, lack of employment and low status of children and women. Other factors facilitating trafficking in persons include ignorance on the part of families and children of the risks involved in trafficking, the high demand for cheap and submissive child labour in the informal economic sector, the desire of youth for emancipation through migration, institutional lapses such as inadequate political commitment, and limited capacities among the law enforcement officers that impede traffickers and accomplices from being effectively investigated, prosecuted and punished for their acts.
Additional factors facilitating trafficking in persons in the country include porous borders, involvement of international organised crime groups or networks, limited capacity or commitment by immigration and law enforcement officers to control trafficking at the borders, and insufficient capacities to enforce existing legislation or mandate. Nigeria has demonstrated commitment to combating TIP, including by introducing improved policy and institutional measures.
In 2015, significant achievement was made in legislation with the Presidential assent to the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition) Enforcement and Administration Act, 2015 on March 26, 2015, which repealed the former Act and establishes the National Agency For The Prohibition Of Traffic In Persons (NAPTIP).
NAPTIP has wide-reaching and cross-cutting functions in addressing trafficking in persons, including prevention, awareness raising and sensitisation, victim/witness support and protection, investigation, prosecution, rehabilitation, and coordination of anti-trafficking efforts. Furthermore, NAPTIP, in its efforts to combat human trafficking, benefits from collaboration with other Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) in Nigeria, whose Training Academies it has used to train a number of its own officials. The joint training conducted at these academies has further improved synergies between the Agencies.
Presently however, the instructors at these LEA Training Academies need to be enriched with deep knowledge of TIP and relevant skills and also there is need for a uniform curriculum on TIP to impart standardised knowledge and skills on TIP to the trainees.
Based on the foregoing, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is partnering with the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) in implementing the project ‘Support to the Fight against Trafficking in Persons (TIP) in Nigeria – NGAZ52’
The overall objective of the Project is to strengthen the criminal justice response to trafficking in persons in Nigeria. The project aims to achieve this by providing comprehensive capacity building sessions to NAPTIP investigators and prosecutors and creating a pool of master trainers among the investigators and prosecutors. The project will revise the current training curriculum and customised training tools developed for the Training Academies of the Law Enforcement Agencies, as well as provide specific training to 25 key instructors of the Training Academies on TIP.
The project envisages these trainings as a tool to enable better investigation and prosecution of TIP cases and actions to combat human trafficking. The project will contribute to and complement the EU funded project ‘Promoting Better Management of Migration in Nigeria by Combating and Reducing Irregular Migration that occurs, inter alia, through TIP and SOM’. NODC West Africa Research Activities Final Report, p.8. The Report is the result of the research conducted within the framework of the UNODC project FS/RAF/01/R13 “Measures to Combat Trafficking in Human Beings in Benin, Nigeria and Togo”, which constitutes the first phase of RAF/R92.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultancy is required to contribute to the overall success of the project through capacity-building for law enforcement officers, investigators and prosecutors that will result in the following outcomes:
Enhanced skill and knowledge of investigators and prosecutors to continue training other officers;
Enhanced capacity of instructors from Law Enforcement Academies to provide continuous and standardized training on TIP in their training academies.
This training will benefit NAPTIP and key Law Enforcement Agencies’ academies that are front line responders on combating human trafficking (The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS); the Nigeria Police Force (NPF); and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Department of State Security, Federal Road Safety Commission, Nigeria Customs Service).
Specific tasks to be performed by the consultant:
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator TIP/SOM unit, with direct support from the National Project Officer – Victim Support, Rehabilitation and Grant, the consultant will perform the following specific tasks:
Develop a 5-day training syllabus and lead the Training of Trainers (TOT) on adult training techniques for 25 investigators and prosecutors from NAPTIP; and
Develop a 5-day training syllabus and lead the Training of Trainers (TOT) on adult training techniques for 25 instructors of Law Enforcement Academies.
Expected tangible and measurable output(s)/deliverable(s):
A detailed work plan of the activities to be undertaken with specific timelines, verifiable indicators, activities, outputs and outcomes as well as assumptions and risks;
Training needs assessment instruments (questionnaires) developed for selected participants in both training;
Training syllabus developed for the 2 TOT on adult training techniques;
Training reports of the 2 TOT conducted; and
Final consultancy report.
Competencies:
Excellent group facilitation skills and experience;
In depth knowlegde in training of Law Enforcement Officers;
Strong awareness in the methodologies of training and staff development;
Excellent oral ,written communication and reporting skills in English.
Required Skills and Experience
Education:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Law, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field.
A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree with at least 10 years experience in the development of training materials for adult learning, and in training delivery.
Experience:
Experience of working in the field relating to training of Law Enforcement Officers;
Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
Excellent drafting skills;
Experience gained from work for the United Nations and other international organizations is highly desirable.
Language Requirement:
Strong skills in oral and written communication in English.
Application Closing Date: 22nd August, 2016.

https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=67937
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 9:44am On Aug 13, 2016
Contd.

Job Title: Consultancy – Study on the Policy, Legal and Operational Enactment of the ACJ Act

Location: Abuja and Travel to Other Locations as Required, NIGERIA
Time left: 12d 11h 34m
Duration of Initial Contract: 40 days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 40 days unill 30 December 2016

Background
The ACJ Act was passed on 14th May 2015 and marks a milestone in the fight to cleanse the criminal justice system as it drastically addresses many challenges in the administration of criminal justice at the Federal level and in the FCT. The ACJ Act aims to ensure the speedy dispensation of justice, protection of society from crime, and the protection of the rights and interests of both the defendant and the victim. The Act promotes interagency cooperation, particularly through the establishment of the Administration ACJ Monitoring Committee which is a body consisting of the heads of criminal justice institutions with the responsibility of monitoring the implementation of the ACJ Act.
Despite the passage of the Act, very little progress has been made towards ensuring the effective implementation of the same, limiting the impact of the Act. The project seeks to identify the legal, policy and operational implications of the ACJ Act to provide holistic insight into the necessary tangible and intangible structures which must be in place in order for particular aspects of the ACJ Act to be implemented.
Acknowledging the vital role of the Monitoring Committee which was inaugurated in March 2016 but which has not yet held its first meeting, the project aims to support the said Committee to monitor compliance of justice sector institutions with core provisions of the ACJ Act which target the speedy dispensation of justice and prison decongestion, namely:

Time limits for remand under Sections 293-299 which provide that a suspect may be held on remand for a combined period of 28 days, after which the prosecution must show cause why suspect should not be unconditionally released;
Time frame for summary trials under section 110 (4) which provides that a summary trial must commence within 30 days of bringing the charge, and completed within 180 days of arraignment on that charge; and
Limits to number of adjournments under Section 396 which provides that each party to the proceeding is entitled to a maximum of 5 adjournments and the next adjourned date should be within 14 days of the hearing in which the adjournment was granted.
To this end, the study will include a review of the data management systems of Kuje Prison with the view to update same and develop the necessary training manuals to build the capacity of prison officials and other relevant justice sector actors in collecting, managing and analysing data. The project intends for the data to be routinely be made available to the Monitoring Committee to assist with monitoring of the implementation of the said provisions of the ACJA as well as the review and development of policies towards addressing any challenges identified in the data analysis.
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) therefore seeks to encourage the use of credible and empirical data by justice sector institutions to ensure the development of meaningfully targeted and sustainable policies for justice reform under the “Support to Justice Sector in Nigeria” Project as part of its broader interventions towards the justice sector policy development, ensuring access to justice and respect for human rights.

The Consultant’s service is sought to produce a report on the legal, policy and operational implications of implementation of the ACJ Act and build the capacity of justice sector institutions to monitor, evaluate and manage the implementation of the ACJ Act as it relates to the Nigerian Prisons Service for the purposes of improved justice delivery, strengthened interagency cooperation among justice sector institutions, less congested prisons, improved respect for the human rights of the defendant and victim, better informed policy development towards justice sector reform and overall more efficient implementation of the ACJ Act.

Specific Tasks of the Assignment
Under the direct supervision and consultation with the Project Co-coordinator, relevant Project Staff directly responsible for this output the consultant shall perform the following substantive duties/responsibilities:
Producing high quality research paper on policy, legal and operational implications of implementation of the ACJ Act as it relates to the Nigerian Prisons Service;
Obtaining the buy-in of relevant officials for the development of Templates and training manuals required for the efficient collection, management and analysis of empirical data which can be used to monitor the implementation of the ACJ Act and develop targeted policies for management of prisoners records;
Producing said training manuals and supporting templates;
Facilitating training workshop for identified justice sector officials to support effective data collection, management and analysis towards monitoring compliance with/implementation of the ACJ Act.
Produce a guideline and handbook on non-custodial options, remand and bail in line with ACJA for distribution to courts handling criminal cases and conduct training on same.
Expected outputs/deliverables:
Report on legal, operational and policy implications of the implementation of the ACJA with clear and concise recommendations for interventions in the short, medium and long term and including a review of the data management systems of Kuje Prison, identifying areas in need of upgrading and the capacity needs of identified justice sector officials to properly collect, manage, and analyse data for reporting to the Monitoring Committee;
Develop Templates for remand proceedings for remand and administration of prisoner’s data and Produce 250 copies of training manuals on complying with remand provisions of the ACJ Act using the upgraded data management system, including developed templates to aid the efficient collection, management and analysis of data by relevant justice sector officials;
Negotiate Signed Approved/Agreements with relevant justice sector officials on the use of the templates and training manuals developed under Outputs B;
Develop guidelines on remand proceedings and handbook on remand /bail and non-custodial options under ACJA and Facilitate training workshops for relevant justice sector officials using the training manuals developed under Output B and D.
Details of deliverables with timeframe:
The national expert will work closely with the Rule of Law Office of the Vice President under the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator for a period of 40 working days spread over 6 months in accordance with timetable to follow.
Competencies:
Excellent communication,facilitation and presentation skills in English;
Strong organizational awareness,client orientation and government advisory skill on prisons reform;
Strong awareness in the latest development on methodologies and capacity development methods on social research and human rights;
Strong drafting and reporting skills in English.
Education:
Advanced University degree (Master’s Degree) in law, criminology, criminal justice, prison studies, social sciences or other related field;
A first level-University degree in related fields in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University degree.
Experience:
Minimum of Three years of progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant area (Criminal Justice Sector Reforms, or work in the area of prison/judicial/police reform);
Proven experience and knowledge of the Nigerian criminal justice system and at least two years’ experience of working on prison reform and restorative justice projects;
Proven experience in the development of training manuals, handbooks, guidelines and policies and in presenting on relevant topics at high and mid-level conferences;
Previous experience with the United Nations System, European Union funded projects or other international organizations would be an asset;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Language:
Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
Application Closing Date: 23rd August, 2016.

https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=68011
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 9:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Contd

Job Title: Consultancy for Support State Level Adoption of Policies and Legislation
Location: Abuja and Travel to Other Locations as Required, Nigeria
Starting Date: 1st September, 2016.
Duration of Initial Contract: 60 days (Two Consultants Required)
Expected Duration of Assignment: 60 working days over 12 months
Background
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is the United Nations Agency entrusted with the mandate to assist Member States in their efforts against corruption, illicit drugs, crime and terrorism.
As part of its mandate, UNODC has been providing technical assistance in the area of justice sector reform globally and in Nigeria specifically for several years and has built up a knowledge base of successful practices in all the areas of crime prevention and criminal justice reform, including with a strong focus on sectoral approaches to such reforms.
UNODC also has strong relationships with national and international counterparts in the region and the capacity to mobilise its global network for efficient delivery of its mandate.
It is therefore well placed to assist the Government of Nigeria (GoN) to improve its justice system as a necessary means of enhancing good governance, respect for human rights and the rule of law.
The European Union (EU) and the GoN have entrusted to UNODC the responsibility to implement Project NGAV18 – “Support to the Justice Sector in Nigeria”.
The project is currently being implemented at the Federal level and in ten (10) pilot States namely Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross River, Imo, Osun, Katsina, Lagos and Yobe and the Federal Capital Territory.
The project’s expected outcomes include supporting the efforts of the Nigerian Government to improve justice delivery through i) Effective coordination and cooperation among justice sector institutions, with improved legal and policy framework; ii) Enhanced operational structures and capabilities of officials in the sector and; ii) Increased access to justice and respect for human rights and the rule of law, especially for disadvantaged and vulnerable groups. It will also improve mechanisms for accountability and engagement of civil society with justice institutions, thereby enhancing respect for human rights and public trust in the justice system.
Purpose of the Assignment
The consultancy is designed to ensure that UNODC has a pool of experts that can deliver good presentations, develop and advocate for the adoption and implementation of tools, laws and policies developed under the project as well as achieve better coordination and implementation of the project at the National and state level.
The consultant will be expected to disseminate information on the project thus ensuring that awareness is created about the project, thus increasing the capacities and effectiveness of the reform teams, justice sector institutions/officials and the European Union funded interventions in the States justice sector.
Under the supervision of the Project coordinator and National Project Officer Coordination/Policy / Legislation and in direct consultation with the project team, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Develop Templates, Rules and tools for the effective implementation of ACJA provisions on probation, community service and service of processes and organize 5 workshops, roundtables on the items developed;
Prepare and present background and substantive papers on topical issues as well as issues which are of interest to UNODC at 5 events including on Sentencing Guidelines, National prosecutors Policy guidelines and code of conduct, Administration of Criminal Justice ACT/Laws, Violence Against person Act/laws, Anti-torture Bill, Community Service bill and other such topics at both the National and State levels;
Support the FJSRCC and State reform committees to advocate and pursue the state level adoption and implementation of laws and policies passed at national level such as the ACJA, VAAP Act, the Prosecutors policy, guidelines and code of conduct and sentencing guidelines at at least 6 events;
Support the office of the advisor to the Vice president on rule of law to develop remand proceedings indicators for justice sector institutions and train relevant officials on use of the indicators;
Facilitate UNODC workshops and activities necessary for drafting and technical support around laws and policies to be passed at the national and state levels including sentencing guidelines, Prosecutors policy, guidelines and code of conduct, ACJA), and advocate for their implementation;
Support other project related activities as required.
The consultants will be expected to submit the following:
A draft Presentation on Sentencing Guidelines with a report detailing activities carried out in support of the project for the period in soft and bound hard copies;
A draft presentation on the VAPPA Act with a report on support provided for State level adoption of the law in two States in Soft and bound hard copies;
Protocols/Guidelines developed in support of the implementation of the ACJA and VAPPA Act in soft and bound hard copies of ( 2 Templates, 2 Guidelines) ;
A draft Presentation on the National prosecutors Policy, Guidelines and Code of Conduct;
A Final report containing the all the activities implemented/supported by the consultant as well as the support given to the project by the consultant.
Reporting:
The contractor shall consult closely with the UNODC during all phases of the assignment, the consultant will report monthly by e-mail to UNODC on the status of works. This reporting obligation may be changed in consultation between UNODC and the contractor.
Performance Indicators:
Indicators to evaluate the consultant’s performance are:
Timely and accurate submission of the action plan with states priorities identified;
Substantive and linguistic quality of the documents prepared;
Timely submission of reports;
Acceptance of all the required outputs by UNODC.
Competencies:
Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills in English;
Excellent expreience on issues affecting criminal justice system especially familiarity with reforms;
Strong organizational awareness,client orientation and government advisory skills;
Good drafting and reporting skills.
Education:
An advanced Degree in Law, Criminology, Political or Social Science, Criminal Justice, International Relations, Public Administration, or related field;
A first level-University degree in related fields in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University degree.
Experience:
At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the Justice Sector especially familiarity with reforms;
10 years of experience of working in the relevant area (Justice Sector Reforms, legal or research work);
Proven experience and knowledge of the Nigerian criminal justice system;
Previous experience with the United Nations System, European Union funded projects or other international organisations would be an asset;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Languages Required: English
Application Closing Date: 23rd August, 2016.

https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=68018
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by azz19: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2016
Pls Has anyone heard anything about this opening?
ammyluv2002:
Engineering For Kids Nigeria is looking for energetic and motivated people who enjoy working with kids, teaching them to be the next generation of engineers in Nigeria.

Lead Instructor

Job Description

As a Lead Instructor, you will be trained on our curriculum and work closely with an Assistant Instructor to facilitate programs.
Former experience presenting to a group of children is required.
Prior facilitation or training skills/experience is a plus.

Requirements
Candidate should have:

Passion for teaching kids (4-14years)
PGDE
Good Communication Skills
Full of Enthusiasm
Strong planning skills
High level of organization
Major in any of the following Engineering, Education, Science, Arts, Mathematics and Technology.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to nigeria@engineeringforkids.net

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (898) (Reply)

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.