Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? (6220 Views)

12 Signs You Have Commitment Phobia And How To Fix it / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Why Do Men Get Scared Of Commitment& Responsibilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Pennywise(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2008
@AJ
It is recommended. . . by me of course, that new mothers should breast feed their male infants especially for at least 2 years to enable

Point of correction. Males actually breastfeed for life.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by delegiwa(m): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2008
It is recommended. . . by me of course, that new mothers should breast feed their male infants especially for at least 2 years to enable infants [quote][/quote]

You you go talk that kain thing? Only 2 yrs? I no know say you hate us reach like this? So wetin we go come dey do now?
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by onyekang1(f): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ poster
cos u lack maturity
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by eudio(f): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
at 23, u r still a very young man and changing babes is not the best.

just make up ur mind on wht u want.

i wish u the best
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Canibus: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2008
Do u just see someone and commit yourself to the person,how about seeing someone u like verymuch and commiting ur self to the person,

IN FACT,WHAT IF THE PERSON U LIKE DOES NOT SEE REASON WITH YOU?
IT'S HAPPENED TO ME, AND IS THE ONLY REASON FOR PEOPLE LIKE US TO DO WHAT WE DO.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Canibus: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2008
ONYEKA NG,pls expantiate.
can you pls expalin your point ,everyone has done that here.FRom what point of view are driving at?i need to know what exactly u mean by immaturity pls.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by spikedcylinder: 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2008
Maybe the guy is not even fine sef thats why girls no dey gree give am green light. grin grin grin
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Canibus: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
yoU NO GO BELIEVE AM! But i fine pass everyone for your family.

DO I POST MY PICTURE? do i , ?

aah,see you,make you carry my picture go FINGER YOURSELF abi, ! who dash you.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by izeek(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2008
@poster, wen u do find her,
committing wud not be ur problem.
rather u wud be bothered on how not to loose her.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

last rule: love dey make man kolo:
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by spikedcylinder: 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2008
Canibus:

Comot for there! you fine na im babe no dey give you green light? Maybe you even get hunchback join your wowority sef, tongue tongue
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by AEjiro(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2008
Question

Insert Quote
ONYEKA NG,please expantiate.
can you please expalin your point ,everyone has done that here.FRom what point of view are driving at?i need to know what exactly u mean by immaturity please.

Answer

You need to slow down Boy maturity will come, so will the will to commit when you know have acquired the ability to recognise what is best for you.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by delegiwa(m): 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2008
Canibus:

Bros you hash no be small oh!!!
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by yemivictor: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2008
OP!

It could be that you have ojukokoro!!

Like me!!! grin
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2008
delegiwa:

Bros you hash no be small oh!!!

How u take rate am? U no see the lady jus dey 'chok' am yarns since. Men at 23 no sabi much but theri female counterpart don go haywire. na old papas dey teah those ones early on time say from 17/18. Small girl don begin dey 'quaff' and her boy mate no come get any teach, so to toast na hell for am even at 23. But him go everly sabi and begin run from 'puck'
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Builder: 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ poster,

try gay clubs, maybe that would bring that comittment back, atleast u gat choice, if woman no be ya own, try man small
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by dremoney(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2008
u stl b small boy anyway, mayb u'll nid to wait till ur 39 b4 considering an affair, yeye dey wory u!!!!!
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by spoilt(f): 2:26am On Apr 11, 2008
duh! because you are too young to be thinking commitment. undecided
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Canibus: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2008
@BUILDER
Gay clubs was your own solution,but it cant be mine so i REBUKE YOU

@DREMONEY
Where did that come from? it seems you do not have much to say,you still have not said anything

@SPIKEDCYLINDER
I double dare you to plan a date for two of us,and maybe you will be among the other nairaland girls(let me not talk much).

sincerely speaking you guys need to make more sense here: who are those saying i am still young,thats a lie cos by now at least i will not mind seeing a girl that will please me instead of jumping from one to another without really acheiving much. Is a thing i believe i will get-A GIRL.
And by then my concern will be how not to loose her rather than bothering on jow to commit.

@IZEEK-God bless you,man,u made more sense it seems you are the only complete being here.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by scarcy: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2008
don't worry, when u find love, u'll become desparate to commit urself
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Higher(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hi friend, I want to agree to the fact that you ve not been commited simply because you ve not found whom you really love.
Ibet you if you, by the time you found one you will surely committ yourself because you wont want her to go or hurt her.
Gud luck brother.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by spikedcylinder: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ canibus
Why would i want something all other girls have rejected? inyama! tongue undecided
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by pleni(m): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2008
NAIRALANDERS, May be we should all take time to think and view things from different angles especially from the perspective of the writer before responding. I think a forum like this should help people figure out mysteries and not to complicate issues. How on earth do you think someone would come up with such thing so as to get mocked? I'm seeing this to be more of psychological than any other thing.

Canibus needs psychological therapy and not mockery. He needs help and that is why he is here to discuss this. Canibus, the truth is that you have "fear of or for the unknown". According to wikipedia "Fear is an emotional response to tangible and realistic dangers. Fear should be distinguished from anxiety, an emotion that often arises out of proportion to the actual threat or danger involved, and can be subjectively experienced without any specific attention to the threatening object."

And on the other hand, Commitment is an act of obligation, charge or trust. Its simply been responsible for your own ACTIONS in life. And once again, the truth is that no one can run away from life's responsibilities. You get what you put in,

So in view of this, you need to start from the scratch by asking yourself real questions, practical questions that can help you seperate dreams from reality.

Note this: You can overcome this. Just believe and start to have the right view.

Keeping relationship(s) is accepting to take responsibilities. Because you need lots of creativity and dynamics in making it work and long lasting.

Wish you a quick recovery from this state of mind,
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by lifedof(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2008
Guy, if at your age you are still being afraid of commitment, you Bleep up. Real men must be commited at least for the sake of the future. Or have you not fallen in love before? Please tell us. shocked
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by chychy(f): 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2008
u r afraid of commitment cos u r a guy (standard thing 4 a guy) and are 23. simple n short.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by cliveland: 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2008
ordinarily, i wouldnt waste time dismissing this thread, but then u need education, so here is it;

1; u r 222222222222222 young;

2. terribilly immature;

3. how can u commit?, when as u stated u r "just" 23yrs, u r obviously on ur parents pay roll;

4. get a life boy! when u get there u'll understand what the word "commitment" entails get the word "entails not means.

i want to take that we should not encourage foolishness or perhaps kids on this site, there be a yardstick for accepting pple here.

we should learn here, share thangible experiences possibly from work, life n society, not stuffs meant for kiddergattens.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by tyna1(f): 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2008
For lack of work to do before going to bed,am repling this post.
You are how old? 23
what do you do for a living?
Have you finished schooling?
what are the ages of the girls you claimed to be chasing?
what are your financial plans for your future?
please do get a life as in find something worthwhile to do for yourself.
Do you know that there are self made  millionaires your age?
Commitment or whatever you are thinking shouldn't be your main focus
now. Hope you are not still living with your parents?
Bro advice no be curse oh!
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Canibus: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
Thanks for the advise; though they came in a rather harsh tone, do yourselves the favor of asking your parents at home at what age they met their spouse and you will be surprised at what they will tell you.

@Tyna- If that is the considerations a man has to put in place before making a move on the person he truly loves tell me do u think any man will ever succeed in a relationship,let me ask u somtin-Are u married?

@CLIVELAND- Just look at how u are exposing your EMPTINESS,U must be a[b] Drunk[/b] to talk without the use of your reasoning, form the way you have sounded today infact i am not sure you are even up to 2oyrs old.

Have you ever seen a lady u truly like?

GUy never you talk like an animal again.

I have said it times without numbers these topics are not a must,if you must contribute to a post,make sure you are there to make SENSE
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by cliveland: 9:33am On Apr 15, 2008
cannibus,

1st i am light years ahead in life, age wisM n babes levels, ok, it hurts to realise u aint there yet, ur parents married @ 18/14 dad/mum agreed no diggidy cos that was the "NORM" n survived remember the word "survived" u cant even exist talk less of surviving, just cos seun allowed u thread here doesnt add age or maturity to u.

i rather not engage ur fragile mind/mentality on a discussion demanding mental stability, cos i KNOW its an exercise in furtility, pls grow up 1st, get a life 2nd then "ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL COME WITHIN UR REACH" ofcourse it doesnt mean u'll still have them, its just that u'll ve a glimse of them n perhaps rationally "think" of how 2 get them.

Sorry, like they sang "I GOT 9999999999999999999999999999 PROBLEMS A "BITCH"!!!!! SORRY A FEMALE AINT 1.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Coldasiyce(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2008
guy, don't end up like my big bro: 37yrs old, still single and searching. unless of course u don't plan on raising kids of ur own. cos then u'd be doing that while using a walking stick for support.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by Canibus: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2008
That is not my portion,by the time i am your bros age i will be planning on having my fourth child.

Thank u all,an have a good life ahead.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by ashokeze(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2008
I hope you know it's a big problem, if you do thats one step to solving it. i think your not being specific with what exactly it is your scared of! but if it's what i think then you simply are not content with what ever you have and a little discipline will help you.
Re: Why Am I Still Scared Of Commitment? by henry007(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2008
who sed so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Ur Help Ooooo. Only Mature Minds Pls. U Just Have To Read This. / Why Ladies Always Lie About The Number Of Men They've Slept With / I'm Back Who Missed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.