Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15736 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2013
Mad Cow:

No she didnt!!

so what was the topic being treated? & what is synonym to honest? think & grow rich
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

And how many did your past Yoruba government solve? face front abeg

How many times was Obj embarrassed by Amanpour ?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Lilimax(f): 10:48am On Apr 17, 2013
vicese: She has to defend her people.........
Does Nigerians expect Dr Ngozi to tell the whole world that all Nigerians are corrupt. If she does, the same set of people will be calling for her head. Naija is such a dramatic arena... sad

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:
chap, i deal in interpretation of news...what are the synonym for the word 'honest'? it means not corrupt, reliable, fair, good, honourable, dependable...etc...i can go on & on. read, study, comprehend b4 u comment next time...all my posts are powerful & balance

I doubt your credibility as a news interpreter .... I pity whoever follows you!

Interpreting news when you cant even speak good english or make any sense with a basic sentence, you are a disgrace to the word "communication" and to the human race!

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How many times was Obj embarrassed by Amanpour ?

Was that my question? shocked
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

Please Mr idio.t, post where she said that. You are a very useless propagandist.

I'm disappointed @ ur malicious lips & blindfolded eyes...pls tell me the meaning of 'honest' in a layman's language?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Dee60: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2013
She over-stepped. There is hardly any nation on earth that can make that claim, and definitely not Nigeria! She would have made a good point if she said 98% or 97% are corruption free. When you say 99.9% it is another way of saying 100%!

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EzePromoe: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=20pt]This is one of the reasons Nigeria is lagging behind in technology. She said 99.9% not 100%, if 99.9% aren't corrupt, then the remaining 0.1% are corrupt. And 0.1% of 170 million is 170,000. In other words, 170,000 Nigerians are corrupt which the whole politicians in the country falls into this category.
SIMPLE MATHEMATICS![/size]

4 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

chap, i deal in interpretation of news...what are the synonym for the word 'honest'? it means not corrupt, reliable, fair, good, honourable, dependable...etc...i can go on & on. read, study, comprehend b4 u comment next time...all my posts are powerful & balance

Can you imagine this stark illiterate interpreting someone's words? shocked shocked Dude you should have posted it the way she said it and let people interprete it accordingly.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: Does Nigerians expect Dr Ngozi to tell the whole world that all Nigerians are corrupt. If she does, the same set of people will be calling for her head.Naija is such a dramatic arena... sad

You guys should stop tripping.

Amanpour asked ONLY about Alams. And its effects on corruption not the whole of Nigerians.It was iweala in her bid to escape the question that brought the irrational stats !
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

I'm disappointed @ ur malicious lips & blindfolded eyes...pls tell me the meaning of 'honest' in a layman's language?
You can say a straight forward conduct. So how does that equate to being corrupt? Go and sleep dude.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2013
Table Leg :

I doubt your credibility as a news interpreter .... I pity whoever follows you!

Interpreting news when you cant even speak good english or make any sense with a basic sentence, you are a disgrace to the word "communication" and to the human race!

what a wasted time & space trying 2 make u see the fact! u've not told me anoda word for 'honest' ooo, mr labourer
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:58am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You guys should stop tripping.

Amanpour asked ONLY about Alams. And its effects on corruption not the whole of Nigerians.It was iweala in her bid to escape the question that brought the irrational stats !

And you would agree with me that she did well on that interview? grin

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2013
Eze Promoe: [size=20pt]This is one of the reasons Nigeria is lagging behind in technology. She said 99.9% not 100%, if 99.9% aren't corrupt, then the remaining 0.1% are corrupt. And 0.1% of 170 million is 170,000. In other words, 170,000 Nigerians are corrupt which the whole politicians in the country falls into this category.
SIMPLE MATHEMATICS![/size]

very creative...cool
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ddeola: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2013
I dey laff,c wetin dem don turn ds intellectual to. Now she's sounding like a "psychophant" . Where did she carry out her research that she's givin a definite %tage representation. Dem don ridicle ds woman finish, her new character is coated in corruption. Americans and the western world are too intelligent to fall for such lies. Though they are not genuinely interested in our progress as a nation lest Nija becomes better than U.S and we become economically independent of them. Lagbaja say na one day the 200 million "odes" go wise and that day,the tables will surely turn in Nija

Arise o compatriots...
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Positiveminds(m): 11:02am On Apr 17, 2013
FALSE!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:
You can say a straight forward conduct. So how does that equate to being corrupt? Go and sleep dude.

no, it means not corrupt, fair, dependable, reliable, true, good, etc...slum champion
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

no, it means not corrupt, fair, dependable, reliable, true, good, etc

According to which dictionary?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by udezue(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2013
Lol what?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2013
I THINK WHAT SHE MEANT TO SAY IS 99.9% OF NIGGERIANS ARE CORRUPT
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by sheusman(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2013
That is not true Madam Minister.
k00lxpert: Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala talks to Christiane Amanpour on CNN last night during an interview, when asked about hw corruption has eaten us deep in Nigeria, she responded emphatically that, Nigeria has about 170 million population and 99.9% of the population are corruption free and they are just hardworking pple who go about their businesses everyday to earn a living and that they just need a trusted govt to manage their resources, thats all.

The question is, is it true or false that 99.9% of Nigerians are corruption free?

fellow Nairalanders, you knw better, pls contribute

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

Main Entry: 1hon·est
Pronunciation: \ˈä-nəst\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin honestus honorable, from honos, honor honor
Date: 14th century

1 a : free from fraud or deception : legitimate, truthful <an honest plea> b : genuine, real <making honest stops at stop signs — Christian Science Monitor> c : humble, plain <good honest food> 2 a : reputable, respectable <honest decent people> b chiefly British : good, worthy 3 : creditable, praiseworthy <an honest day's work> 4 a : marked by integrity b : marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : frank <an honest appraisal> c : innocent, simple
synonyms See Synonym Discussion at upright

http://i.word.com/idictionary/honest

Now You give me the "ANTONYM" of honest !
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by 360degree(m): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=16pt]She is very correct with her assertion. We need to understand the perspective she is saying this. An average Nigerian is not corrupt and that is why all of us hate corruption. It is the system that is corrupt and not the people. People on their own are not corrupt, it is the system that allows them to be corrupt.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by OgBetty(f): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2013
Madam u lie big tym. 99.9% r corrupt
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

And you would agree with me that she did well on that interview? grin

She did well in lying not basically answering the questions.What's the point of success on TV and failure in reality ?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

According to which dictionary?

honest in this context & in another dictionary means, Not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent...u no go primary & secondary school @ all?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Agimor(m): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2013
Yap everybody can not be corrupt,but is not up to that magnitude(99.9%) as Okonjo Iwweala put it.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by wirinet(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2013
I have lost the little respect i have left for madam world bank. I know she has to defend the government she is part of, but she could have done it tactically and intelligently instead of bare faced obvious lie.

she is eitherlying outrightly or she has completely lost touch with reality, because her perception is at variance with the perception of majority of Nigerians who would rather reverse her figures and declare that 99.99 nigerians are corrupt. Maybe she has a different definition for the word corruption, because every institution in Nigeria is corrupt, from the police, customs, immigration, state and federal civil service, the navy, army, local governments, every public and private institution. from the trader who sells substandard and fake drugs, electronics, spare parts,to the tomato seller who puts something under the measurement basket to reduce the quantity to the contractor who inflate the contract sum and use substandard materials. Even our Judiciary is not left out, from magistrate court all the way to the supreme court.

Just leaving the Nigerian side of Badagry border to the Benin side would see a drastic change in the manner of doing business. Corruption is Nigerias national symbol and we all have come to accept it.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

honest in this context & in another dictionary means, Not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent...u no go primary & secondary school @ all?

Stop tripping. . .honest can only come as an adjective,adverb and noun but in this context,it comes as an adjective and this is the definition below.Abeg don't embarrass intellect here !

Main Entry: 1hon·est
Pronunciation: \ˈä-nəst\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin honestus honorable, from honos, honor honor
Date: 14th century
1 a : free from fraud or deception : legitimate, truthful <an honest plea> b : genuine, real <making honest stops at stop signs — Christian Science Monitor> c : humble, plain <good honest food> 2 a : reputable, respectable <honest decent people> b chiefly British : good, worthy 3 : creditable, praiseworthy <an honest day's work> 4 a : marked by integrity b : marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : frank <an honest appraisal> c : innocent, simple
synonyms See Synonym Discussion at upright
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

You are an airhead .... You need to stop embarrassing yourself

Send an email to the dumb moderator who put this false thread on the front page now and ask for it to be deleted or modified ....

OLODO!

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by mekaboy(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2013
If you are corrupt like this. So we can use nairaland population to start judging.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Venchy: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=13pt] What does this Yeye woman comment really mean?
Umm, strange things do happen in this our Country called Nigeria, is it not the same country where MOTHER 4UCKING SENATORS are asking or been paid N25, 000000 per month and there's No ELECTRICITY and GOOD ROADS, whereby British Prime Minister doesn't earn that a month.

Very hard working when it comes to stealing money.

I think Okojo Iwela or whatever her name is along with others in the Government need to be lined up and shot DEAD. [/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting / Ondo APC Primary: Angry Mob Beats Up Health Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.