Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15737 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
and 99.9% of the population believe her and accept it
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by 2legit2qwt: 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
shocked shocked 99.9% really? There goes another lie, Nigerians cheesy
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by maxygirl(f): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
I just watched the interview. Madam Minister successfully evaded all questions. We still have a long way to go in this country. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ziccoit: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Havardic prulent jargons
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
AK 48:

She didn't even answer the question on alamesieygha,how did she outmanoeuvr anampour?

she's smarter na
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by RedLight1: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
oluomad: I love people who give Nigeria a very good public image!!
At least me am sure am not corrupt!!
My family members are not!!
If u criticize her then u are corrupt!!

me too smiley
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EzePromoe: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Is it not amazing how you people find creative ways to lie to yourselves simply because the defense of those you support sectionally, ethnically and politically take precedence in your reasoning? So only politicians are corrupt in your opinion? What a barefaced disgraceful lie. This is why Nigerians are regarded as fraudulent and dishonest.

As a Nigerian who is under no obligation to engage in lying as NOI feels she has to do, I make bold to say it is probably closer to the truth to say at least 50% of Nigerians are corrupt !!! I just wonder why you people love lying to yourselves so much. Do you not realize , like a drug addict who will not admit he has a problem, solutions never comes when those who have a problem deny it? Do you think we can change Nigeria via deploying 419, as you do, instead of admitting we have a serious problem on our hand with how corruption is now disgracefully and detrimentally an accepted and even celebrated aspect of our societal living?

I have gone through MMIA and been extorted from when I entered the airport to when I boarded the plane!!!!! Absolutely everyone was corrupt in that place. Whether it was Customs, narcotics inspectors, baggage checkers or even the Soldiers at the entrance, it is one open and brazen show of begging and corruption !!!

Looking at society at large, with the reality on the ground, we see evidence that the likes of NOI have now fully joined the system of gradualism, lies, denial and deception killing Nigeria. What of those who man our important institutions? Are they politicians according to your 419 'clever' reasoning? Customs, hideous corruption. Nigerian Police force, don't even go there. Immigration, something else. Civil service, I no fit cry (Fela). NNPC the oga at the very top of corruption.

Nigerians themselves hideously corrupt in so far as they pay bribe everywhere only to think they are disengaged from the whole corruption malaky via consoling themselves " It is the sytem and I am only doing what I have to do". People like you are the biggest enemies of Nigeria because you blame Politicians simplistically and routinely, as if they were shipped to Nigeria from Mars, while not interested in telling yourself and Nigerians the truth we all need to confront so we can individually re-orientate and reform ourselves for the better.

You may think you are being smart with all this 419 cleverness deployed against those who don't bother to think for themselves but the truth is that your country is a cesspit of corruption and it is your sort of 'cleverness' , myopic foolishness in reality, that will continue to ensure it remains so. Nothing works anywhere while we go around deceiving ourselves and the entire world that "99.9% of Nigerians are not corrupt". NOI is a Politician now and she is expected to lie and engage in image laundering - even if such is somewhat ludicrous in this case. What is your excuse given the reality on the ground? [size=14pt]The Nigerian police force alone has close to 400,000.00 members. We all know at least 70% of the NPF is corrupt. Go and now do the math again with your "only 170,000.00 Nigerians are corrupt" 419 delivered just to support the lie of NOI. Nonsense. [/size]
It was not my word, i was trying to quote what Dr NOI meant indirectly. So save the epistle for the Corinthians.
Talking about corruption, it wouldn't be wrong to say 95% Nigerians are corrupt. Let's start with you.
Imagine a bag of money worth N50m dropped on a lonely path, and you saw it. Your next action?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by churific(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nice try minister. Next time, try to use a believable estimate. It's quite difficult to convince outsiders of a certain point when your own people can't stop laughing at the very point. Even you don't believe that 99.9% of Nigerians (169+ Millions) are "corrupti0n free."

Even I can't stop laughing but still, nice attempt. Next time, try reversing the numbers; you might actual get closer to reality!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ddippset(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
it is in this country that someone stole billions of his state's money and was granted a national pardon, it is in this country that someone stole billions meant for pensioneers and was fined #10, it is in this country that someone admitted recieving bribe money and put the money in his cap and nothing is heard today, it is in this country that someone admitted to stealing the money of his state pleaded guilty and was told to pay a tithe out of the money to the government, it is in this country that the loot of a late head of state is far exceeding the budget of the country and is still being recovered,it is in this country that 40 billion is budgeted for a guest house for a first lady, it is in this country that 1 billion is budgeted for food, it is in this country that money grew wings and flew out the window of a certain glass house, it is in this country that someone refused to return my phone after i had forgotten it in his taxi,it is in this cou.................................., the list is getting too long for this post.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by dokia: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
yes, true............in the Nigerian environment ofcourse smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Best way to make Phone Calls to Nigeria: http://www.smileandtalk.com
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EzePromoe: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: Mathematician,I can see you are a guru.
From your equation we have 170,000 politicians in the country?
What a chronic deluded goon
Is that too small or too big
Talking about politicians, i hope you know that it isn't only senators, governors and president that you regard as politicians, because in my residential community, i can coast of 500 politicians we have here undecided
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Venchy: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

No, we shall start with your whole family. Uncouth bushman.

Clearly your family are part of the remaining 1% that's corrupt because you can't see anything wrong with the situation in the country.

Man from different planet, we shall know them by their comments.

Wether you like it or not Mass Firing sqaud must surely happen because we can't continue with the way your family members are running things.....99.9% of Nigerians are suffering.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EveryLadY(f): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
I NEVER KNEW WE HAVE LOTS OF STUPID PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL I READ THROUGH THIS THREAD.
PLEASE WHAT IS WRONG IN LAUNDERING NIGERIA'S IMAGE INTERNATIONALLY,WHICH WAS NOI WAS DOING?THIS HER STATEMENT MAY BE THE ONLY POSITIVE THING AVERAGE NON-NIGERIAN HAS EVER HEARD ABOUT.CORRUPTION IS NOT AKIN TO NIGERIA.AMERICANS ARE THE HIGHEST INVENTORS OF IT,YET THEY FIND WAYS OF DIPLOMATICALLY SELLING IT TO THE WORLD. I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by richtrump(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
Discover how to browse fr.ee forver
with M T N Magic Sim
it a fr.ee info rush over to Get MTn Magic Sim today!
http://www.epaymentmagic.com/magicsim.htm fa.st!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by inositol011: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
jamace: Does this woman know God at all? angry angry Why tell this kind of open lie? This lie is too brazen that it can not polish a corruption ridden country like Nigeria.
why wud u say it s a lie? Or r u corrupt? Is it nt only d leaders dt we kept pointing weneva there s a topic like ds wc she actually declared as d government. Yes she s correct. Most of our corrupt attitudes are not inborne at all, jst bcoz of d situation(wc z d government)
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by MrUzo: 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
ojietu: who does she think she is decieving, Nigerians or the outside community? Let her tell that to the dogs.
not my Dogs...

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: I underestimated your foolish:ness,you dumbly believed we have 170,000 politicians in leadership positions,you probably have a different definition of leadership positions from what I have.

Answer a simple question this mad dog. bloody illiterate. How many POLITICIANS do we have in leadership positions? olodo rabata!!!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by BizBooks(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Going by Okonjo-Iweala's figures, 99.9% of 170 Million = 169,983,0000. So what she is saying
is that only 170,000 Nigerians are corrupt while 169,983,000 are not. I did not watch the
interview but I'm sure those that did burst into uncontrollable laughter on hearing that.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by 32D: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
It was not my word, i was trying to quote what Dr NOI meant indirectly. So save the epistle for the Corinthians.
Talking about corruption, it wouldn't be wrong to say 95% Nigerians are corrupt. Let's start with you.
Imagine a bag of money worth N50m dropped on a lonely path, and you saw it. Your next action?
[size=13pt]assume God just answered my prayers.....straight to Coscharis 7-series 2013 model[/size]

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
99.9% of Nigerians are dishonest and lazy citizens.

She should have said that so that you all will go and sleep.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by meforyou1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
Real nigerians are truly honest people. The 0.1 percent ones are d politians from local govt to federal level. Criminals that are out in full force to milk this nation dry and put us in perpetual penury

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Venchy: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Every_LadY: I NEVER KNEW WE HAVE LOTS OF STUPID PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL I READ THROUGH THIS THREAD.
PLEASE WHAT IS WRONG IN LAUNDERING NIGERIA'S IMAGE INTERNATIONALLY,WHICH WAS NOI WAS DOING?THIS HER STATEMENT MAY BE THE ONLY POSITIVE THING AVERAGE NON-NIGERIAN HAS EVER HEARD ABOUT.CORRUPTION IS NOT AKIN TO NIGERIA.AMERICANS ARE THE HIGHEST INVENTORS OF IT,YET THEY FIND WAYS OF DIPLOMATICALLY SELLING IT TO THE WORLD. I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY

My dear, are you saying we shouldn't talk when things are not right?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Venchy:

Yes, talk.

Even you are dishonest and lazy.

Broadcast it to the world since things are not right.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by AMEBO2BUSY: 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
Adura_ngba: Maybe she should have said 100% of Nigerians are corrupt and then you will all shut your dirty mouths.
Corruption has been our second nature we eat it,drink it ,talk and act .Honestly,dat is y we are where we are,below

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Why don't you all go to amanpour's web page and let your thoughts be known in the comments section?:

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/16/nigerias-uphill-battle-to-spread-the-countrys-wealth/

Correct that 99.9% assertion there and reveal the dishonest and lazy people that we are .
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
oluomad:

Am sorry I have to call u a fool! Take heart

You are one of them... Nkita La cha gi onu...Oye ala..
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Awsome5645(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
How can d rich knws what poverty is all abt!
She has 2defend her fellow felony.
When they steal, dey call misappropriation of fund.
She should shut up. Nigeria cake ,cut as you want.
Jesus did not came 2 break d law but 2fulfil it.
When i get there i will cut my own cake and tell the world that Nigeria is 99.9%corrupt free.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
See NOI kissing our arsse. Tufiakwa
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EveryLadY(f): 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:

LOLZ! HE WILL TAKE EVERY THING, MAKE SURE NO SURE NO OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT IT. AFTERWARD HE WILL HEAD STRAIGHT TO CHURCH FOR THANKS GIVING

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EveryLadY(f): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
Venchy:

THAT'S NOT MY POINT.THERE ARE APPROPRIATE WAY AND PLACES OF ADDRESSING EVERY ISSUE. THE PLATFORM PRESENTED BY CNN WAS WELL UTILIZED BY NOI.ON DEALING WITH OUR CORRUPT NATIONAL LIFE, WE HAVE TO CHOOSE A RIGHT MEDIUM. I THINK SHE DID WELL ALREADY.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hahaha... This is JOKE of the century! I like her for being a patriotic Nigerian! cheesy grin grin
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by playmode(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
This interview was the first time I have ever heard NOI speak and to be honest she came across as a dubious individual who glaring answered all the questions posed to her in a manner devoid of honesty or intellect. She is neither intelligent nor well educated. Yes I didn't stutter, I meant what I said when I said she is not well educated. How she was ever employed in a position higher that of a janitor at the world bank is beyond me.

Our President has a PhD yet he speaks like a spare parts dealer with no education. Nigeria is a nation led by dubious leaders whose credentials are also dubious. How many professors have we appointed into various ministerial positions since the advent of democracy in Nigeria? How many of them has ever achieved at least 10% of what their portfolio requires?

I am starting to believe that this woman is a saboteur propped up by western covert agencies and made to look like some economic superstar so that the dumb Nigerian president could elect her as a minister. The woman I watched on Amanpour was neither competent nor intelligent enough to run a Pakistani corner shop talk less of a Finance ministry. We are in DEEP cycle trouble in Nigeria. We are being held hostage and many of us don’t even know it.

The average Nigeria does not believe in experience, reputation or integrity. Instead we believe in popularity, big grammar and God fatherism. Any honest Nigerian knows that corruption is part of life in Nigeria. Without even conducting any research, anyone with half a brain can deduce that no less than 50% of Nigerians are corrupt. If we cannot be honest enough to admit our faults , how can we rectify them? I do not feel pity for Nigeria or Nigerians because we got ourselves in to this mess. When 2015 arrives we will vote for the same leaders again and come back to Nairaland to moan and complain when they do not govern well. You can’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results. If you use Garri to cook it will turn to Eba,it will never turn to pounded yam. It is common sense ,something that is not common at all amongst Nigerians.

Maybe the whites are right that blacks cannot Govern themselves. We have had 50+ years to show that we govern ourselves progressively but we have intentionally out of our own will refused to do so. Something is seriously wrong with us Nigerians.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report / Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 / Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.