Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15738 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by watchindelta(m): 11:38am On Apr 17, 2013
if nigerias leaders known curruption is bad, why then they dn,t what to fight agaist curruption in this ogboge nigeria? instead they are useing it to bath like water everyday smh. grin
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by chucky234(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Eze Promoe: [size=20pt]This is one of the reasons Nigeria is lagging behind in technology. She said 99.9% not 100%, if 99.9% aren't corrupt, then the remaining 0.1% are corrupt. And 0.1% of 170 million is 170,000. In other words, 170,000 Nigerians are corrupt which the whole politicians in the country falls into this category.
SIMPLE MATHEMATICS![/size]
Mathematician,I can see you are a guru.
From your equation we have 170,000 politicians in the country?
What a chronic deluded goon

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by 360degree(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=20pt]She is very correct with her assertion. We need to understand the perspective she is saying this. An average Nigerian is not corrupt and that is why all of us hate corruption. It is the system that is corrupt and not the people. People on their own are not corrupt, but the system allows them to be corrupt. In all fairness, that is what I can deduce from her statement. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

honest in this context & in another dictionary means, Not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent...u no go primary & secondary school @ all?

Stop embarrassing yourself sir! cry cry cry cry
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

She did well in lying not basically answering the questions.What's the point of success on TV and failure in reality ?

I think the only question she dodged is the Alams pardon ish. Give her some credit dude. She was even honest on the electricity question, didn't try to cover for GEJ.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by calcal: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2013
if na you weytin you go talk? are you gonna say your people na thief? ọtun!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2013
Venchy: [size=13pt] What does this Yeye woman comment really mean?
Umm, strange things do happen in this our Country called Nigeria, is it not the same country where MOTHER 4UCKING SENATORS are asking or been paid N25, 000000 per month and there's No ELECTRICITY and GOOD ROADS, whereby British Prime Minister doesn't earn that a month.

Very hard working when it comes to stealing money.

I think Okojo Iwela or whatever her name is along with others in the Government [b]need to be lined up and shot DEAD
. [/size][/b]

No, we shall start with your whole family. Uncouth bushman.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: Mathematician,I can see are a guru.
From your equation we have 170,000 politicians in the country?
What a chronic deluded goon

How many politician are in leadership positions Mr Einstein?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

I think the only question she dodged is the Alams pardon ish. Give her some credit dude. She was even honest on the electricity question, didn't try to cover for GEJ.

Basically,I'm not really interested in attacking her person but I don't subscribe to bootlickers like Abati,okupe and their wannabes who deceive the larger population.is it not the same Nigerians trying to cover them that will bear the consequences of their policies ?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Policewoman(f): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2013
Maybe that was a slip of tongue.,lol
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Fukup(m): 11:56am On Apr 17, 2013
kenny1795: What wer u guyz expectin her to say?? Slander her own people and block way to foreign investmentz?? She had 2 protect our image. I guez d remainder 0.1% which z corrupt z d government
thats true
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ojesoj(m): 11:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Yes,99.9% of Nigerians are not corrupt. We only have a system that does not punish corruption as it is suppose to be punish and machinery like ICPC and EFCC that are not truely independent to clean the system of CORRUPTION. CORRUPTION you are dead in Nigerian.Amen
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Policewoman: Maybe that was a slip of tongue.,lol

No,it's brain fallacy ! grin
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by 1Nairaboy(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2013
9ja I hail thee..ya'all want the Country to move forward but, u don't realize stereotype about the country contribute to it's damnation. I believe she is making a positive confession about the country, indirectly she is trying to let the outside world come invest in Nigeria. There are competitions all over the world on who gets more investors. The more you say the country is that bad the less investors would want to come in. Ya'all say u're smart but, u don't knw how to use it either to get more investors into the country, or for defense as long as I've realized Nigerian have so many enemies, imaging getting being arrested for being jst a Nigerian in other countries, that is wat it is. Tell me whose surname is Nigeria that I shld be treated as such. I'm nt saying she is transparent but she is trying to defend Nigeria's image, the outside world re all corrupt too. If not support her, u better go to CNN and tell the world that all Nigerians are fraud, dat u knw u're not excluded, the same way the Asians will say we are

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EFX001: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
Madam might have gotten her statistics wrong. But she is right on the facts. A huge percentage on Nigerians are less corrupt. The smally minority, the ruling class (the connected few) are the corrput ones destroying the country. So, i think she has the point there but the numbers where someworth exagrated. To add, i think she has nothing to do with Alams pardon and hence cannot comment on it. The buck of the nonsensical pardon stops with the Commander in chief (you all know his name) He made a mokery of the Nigerian state and he alone should answer for it!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Gbawe: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eze Promoe: [size=20pt]This is one of the reasons Nigeria is lagging behind in technology. She said 99.9% not 100%, if 99.9% aren't corrupt, then the remaining 0.1% are corrupt. And 0.1% of 170 million is 170,000. In other words, 170,000 Nigerians are corrupt which the whole politicians in the country falls into this category.
SIMPLE MATHEMATICS![/size]

Is it not amazing how you people find creative ways to lie to yourselves simply because the defense of those you support sectionally, ethnically and politically take precedence in your reasoning? So only politicians are corrupt in your opinion? What a barefaced disgraceful lie. This is why Nigerians are regarded as fraudulent and dishonest.

As a Nigerian who is under no obligation to engage in lying as NOI feels she has to do, I make bold to say it is probably closer to the truth to say at least 50% of Nigerians are corrupt !!! I just wonder why you people love lying to yourselves so much. Do you not realize , like a drug addict who will not admit he has a problem, solutions never comes when those who have a problem deny it? Do you think we can change Nigeria via deploying 419, as you do, instead of admitting we have a serious problem on our hand with how corruption is now disgracefully and detrimentally an accepted and even celebrated aspect of our societal living?

I have gone through MMIA and been extorted from when I entered the airport to when I boarded the plane!!!!! Absolutely everyone was corrupt in that place. Whether it was Customs, narcotics inspectors, baggage checkers or even the Soldiers at the entrance, it is one open and brazen show of begging and corruption !!!

Looking at society at large, with the reality on the ground, we see evidence that the likes of NOI have now fully joined the system of gradualism, lies, denial and deception killing Nigeria. What of those who man our important institutions? Are they politicians according to your 419 'clever' reasoning? Customs, hideous corruption. Nigerian Police force, don't even go there. Immigration, something else. Civil service, I no fit cry (Fela). NNPC the oga at the very top of corruption.

Nigerians themselves hideously corrupt in so far as they pay bribe everywhere only to think they are disengaged from the whole corruption malaky via consoling themselves " It is the sytem and I am only doing what I have to do". People like you are the biggest enemies of Nigeria because you blame Politicians simplistically and routinely, as if they were shipped to Nigeria from Mars, while not interested in telling yourself and Nigerians the truth we all need to confront so we can individually re-orientate and reform ourselves for the better.

You may think you are being smart with all this 419 cleverness deployed against those who don't bother to think for themselves but the truth is that your country is a cesspit of corruption and it is your sort of 'cleverness' , myopic foolishness in reality, that will continue to ensure it remains so. Nothing works anywhere while we go around deceiving ourselves and the entire world that "99.9% of Nigerians are not corrupt". NOI is a Politician now and she is expected to lie and engage in image laundering - even if such is somewhat ludicrous in this case. What is your excuse given the reality on the ground? [size=14pt]The Nigerian police force alone has close to 400,000.00 members. We all know at least 70% of the NPF is corrupt. Go and now do the math again with your "only 170,000.00 Nigerians are corrupt" 419 delivered just to support the lie of NOI. Nonsense. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Stop tripping. . .honest can only come as an adjective,adverb and noun but in this context,it comes as an adjective and this is the definition below.Abeg don't embarrass intellect here !

then u re intellectually foolish!...what is the diff. betwn ur definition & mine? reading books/articles without pure undastandin & knowledge of it is fruitless & zero result...igi iwe, eso odo
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Fukup(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
She should have said that "Nigeria" is not corrupt but 99.9% of Nigerian leaders are corrupt.(this is the best answer to that question)
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Basically,I'm not really interested in attacking her person but I don't subscribe to bootlickers like Abati,okupe and their wannabes who deceive the larger population.is it not the same Nigerians trying to cover them that will bear the consequences of their policies ?

And what would you call Lie Muhamed,Yinka Odunmakin and co. STay off Abati and Okupe because they are doing their jobs, most of these things you here about them are mostly twisted and taken out of context. grin grin grin
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

then u re intellectually foolish!...what is the diff. betwn ur definition & mine? reading books/articles without pure undastandin & knowledge of it is fruitless & zero result...igi iwe, eso odo

No, he is not intellectually foolish. Rather you have a very low comprehensive skill. olodo
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Achimedis1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
True tak madam 99.9% of the citizens are corruption free 100% of our oga sir's at the top are corrupt ur not excepted
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Abok1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2013

Now that she know that 99.9% of Nigerians are hard working and the only thing lacking is good governance, what has she done to rectify the anomaly? I am tired of hearing bull crap from these politicians who would go to any length to whip up sentiments without addressing the main issue which sadly is these same people, the politicians. Have they no shame? Going about, sounding philosophical and all, aiming to score cheap points by acting like they've figured out what the actual problem is.

It's shameful no matter how you look at it.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by kennyonthrone(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
oluomad: I love people who give Nigeria a very good public image!!
At least me am sure am not corrupt!!
My family members are not!!
If u criticize her then u are corrupt!!

am corrupt grin
oluomad: I love people who give Nigeria a very good public image!!
At least me am sure am not corrupt!!
My family members are not!!
If u criticize her then u are corrupt!!

am corrupt
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abeg let's stop deceiving ourselves even if we deceive CNN. So only politicians are dishonest abi? kidnappers nko, drug pushers? yahoo yahoo boys? police officers? are they all part of the 0.1%? Just go and ask South Africans and other countries what they think of the average Nigerian, majority of them have never met a Nigerian politician and can tell you that a large percentage of Nigerians are far from honest. We are far too used to cutting corners and getting wealthy via numerous illegal means.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ChiefS(m): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Perhaps a more intelligent lie would have been better!!!!!!!!

There is no country on this planet where 99.9% of the citizens are corruption free.

I expect more from her.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Gennyz(m): 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
grafikii: Yeah same way 99.9% has constant electricity

Aty Ngozi i use to beliv u,but @ dis point u r a cheap lier,which country hav only one person stealin as much as 5 trillion naira, mo dan a whole year budget of Naija,but Abacha did.
These ar the ones we hav seen oooh,u r nt innocent too cos u paid ramson to does tht kippnad r mum yet u told us no ramson till the culprits where confessd aftr they were caught,Aty Ngoo! Wht is tru abt u?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Odinaka00(m): 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Only d bag of corruption wey Gej carry 4 back pass 10%, when yu come add d corruption wey dey 4
Aso rock
Nigerian footbal federation nnf
Nigerian police force, I repeat, NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE
PDP
NEPA/PHCN

Abeg how many percent e go be?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by chucky234(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

How many politician are in leadership positions Mr Einstein?
I underestimated your foolish:ness,you dumbly believed we have 170,000 politicians in leadership positions,you probably have a different definition of leadership positions from what I have.

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by sizzlers(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
Akshow: Nigerians corrupt pass anything. She think say na only when you steal money be corruption? Common goin to work late for no good reason and expectin your pay check is corruption. Yesterday's waec physic exams objective was all over Facebook is that not corruption. The police the soldeirs and immigration collectin bribe nko? Madam ngozi abeg carry your gele park well well or eyin boys, e gba oju e
go and get a copy of the interview before u open your fowl mouth, rubbish.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Twy: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
She is quite catching up to the Nigerian system. Her response was just a mumbo jumbo attempt not to give a clear answer not even a defensive diplomatic response but just a fuzzy answer. If Nigeria has a corruption issue then she is trying to delink integrity and honesty from corruption by saying 99.9% of Nigerian are honest.
Scenario 1. If politicians are corrupt, from the councillor to the president, then what about the contractors that work with them, don't they give bribe to the politicians, then what about the potential contractors and perenial job seekers are they honest in their dealings with the politicians.

Scenario 2. It is the most important because it hampers economic activity. Most Nigerians have been duped, have dealings with a dishonest person or someone with no integrity. She is saying that the degrees of separation for those close to 50million or so Nigerians who know a dishonest person orhavebeen duped(starting with all the census counters and town big men that contributed money to distort their village(town) or city(village)'s population) to thepolice men, customs, fraudsters willlead to between 88,000-170,000. I would think her response should have acknwoledged like what she said initially and talked about the remedies being taking to tackle corruption.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
bodejohn: I like mathematics....
If 99.9% of 170 million Nigerians are honest and hardworking then
0.1% of the 170 million are corrupt, this is 170,000 corrupt Nigerians.

We also need to look at the spread of the 170,000 corrupt Nigerians.
They cannot be infants and teenagers, because at least these ones do not yet make decisions on their own.
These corrupt Nigerians are found in various cadres and at different levels in the public and private sectors of our economy.
They are the voice and the image of Nigerians, in short, they are the elected and appointed leaders. They are the Chairmen and CEOs at private enterprises.

Aunty Ngozi, the 0.1% Nigerians that are corrupt are the people who represent Nigeria in the public and private sectors.
They are the voice of Nigerians...they the NIGERIA that Nigerians and other people in the world call CORRUPT.
So tell us what sector Internet falls under.. Private Or Public?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by AK481(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert: Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala talks to Christiane Amanpour on CNN last night during an interview, when asked about hw corruption has eaten us deep in Nigeria, she responded emphatically that, Nigeria has about 170 million population and 99.9% of the population are corruption free and they are just hardworking pple who go about their businesses everyday to earn a living and that they just need a trusted govt to manage their resources, thats all.

The question is, is it true or false that 99.9% of Nigerians are corruption free?

fellow Nairalanders, you knw better, pls contribute

She didn't even answer the question on alamesieygha,how did she outmanoeuvr anampour?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breaking: Ashaka Town: Army Repel Strong Boko Haram Attack / Senate Moves To Amend 1999 Constitution With 13 Bills.. / 11 Ex-Jonathan's Ministers May Join APC - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.