Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari (16312 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare / I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Donrissy(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Is he not tired of RUNNING,he should start flying for presidency.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by bibina: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
obisage: i know Buhari can not afford not to stop contesting.
sometimes i wish he could be given like 1 yr trial period to rule Nigeria.
because he has cried enough,
sometimes he crys as though the transformation of Nigeria only lies in his hands

yes! why not he can continue to contest!! it is his birthright to contest and loose. He will even contest with my grandson and yet he will still loose!!!! shameless fool. After they say he has integrity, which integrity; in 2011 he vowed he would never contest if he lost, but today he running his mouth. but wait oh this same man was head of state when i was in primary school oh and now i am almost forty and he is still trying to rule again. I weep for the fools who are campaigning for him and even spilling their own blood to have him return to power, they do not realize they are old enough not to leave their destinies in the hands of granpas like BUhari and IBB

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Chillypelly: Grand Commander of the Virgin Hunters again I lost a fellow corp member and friend during the 2011 election cortesy of the blood thirsty General cum boko haram instructor. I will campaign against this useless man with the last drop of my blood. I suggest younger politicians like Tambuwal and Fashola be given all the support to save nigeria from the shoeless fisherman as his team is clueless.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nigeria will soon collapse. Does it mean we dont have new breed of leaders. We need a change; a neutral man or woman.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by thelastPope(m): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
Those who still claim that Nigeria's problem is corruption are very ignorant. After the events of the last 2 years, any intelligent Nigerian should have realised, like I have been shouting on this forum, that Nigeria's problem is not corruption. Nigeria's problem is the fight of the various regions and groups for domination. The biggest threat to Nigeria and the cause of all our problems is the insistence from certain groups that they must rule. That is the fundamental problem and that is what has created corruption, insecurity and other vices. Unfortunely for Buhari, he is the true poster boy of that fundamental problem. He epitomizes it. Not just on a regional level, but also on a personal level. The big issue I have with Buhari is that he is not even a leader in the first place. It is one thing to be a natural leader who aspires to a public office to make a change. It is another thing for one to be an ordinary person with no true ideologies and followership but believes he can lead when elected into office.

Who are Buhari's proteges. This is an over 70 years old man (he is actually close to 80 considering that army officers also use football age like footballers), yet he doesnt have true followership or proteges. He has mentored no one and cannot be truly called a leader. Yet he wants to rule. I have listened to him, interview after interview and all you hear is a senile, bitter old man who is angry he cannot fulfill a life long ambition and is willing to let hell loose to achieve it by playing on the sentiments of the society. Truth be told that, if you remove the northern sentiments of wanting a northerner to rule by all means, Buhari will not even get 1 million votes across the country. Those who suggest a Buhari/Oshiomole or Buhari/Fashola ticket make me laugh because, if you remove the norths greedy quest for power out of the equation, Oshiomole or Fashola will beat Buhari hands down in a presidential election even without campaigning and I am not even a fan of Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Super1759: this is the problem we have in nigeria. Why are we this power-hungry? Instead of working with the govt to better our nation.
[/b]Buhari has never shown any interest in the insurgency we are suffering from.
He is just planning how to get aso rock or kill people to get it by-force...
We don't need recycling of old fooooools.
Buhari has nothing to offer that we don't have.
He will be respected more if he becomes an elder-states man.
What is his input in the ongoing insecurity issue?
What is input in the decay of infrastructure?
What is his input in the religion fracas?
What is his input to settle or reduce rate of unemployment.
[b]He is just power hungry to come and suck the remaining blood and scope his own loot. No anymore man
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some fools are already asking for the achievements of the person we voted in power in 2011. Well, though these achievements stare them in the face, the ACN/CPC e-cockroaches have continued to live in DENIAL. Nonetheless, we'll continue to remind them of these achievements, which include:

1 Electoral Reforms: before GEJ came to power, elections in Nigeria were shamelessly and brazenly rigged. GEJ came to power and immediately instituted a clean up of our electoral system. Whereas in the past it was unthinkable for the ruling PDP or incumbents (that have not fallen out of favour with Abuja) to lose elections, elections are now fairly contested with possibility of opposition parties winning. As at the last count, opposition parties, under this new dispensation, won state gubernatorials elections in Anambra (2010), Nasarawa, Ogun, Oyo, Edo (2012), Ondo,etc and several legislative elections.

2 Electric Power Supply: The govt of GEJ inherited a seriously challenged power sector. The average power generation as at 2009/2010 was below 3,000 megawatts
http://www.nasirschronicles.com/?p=85 http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4224&Itemid=42

GEJ immediately went to work using a well thought out Power Road as the template to transform the sector. The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), the regulator of the sector, which was previously unknown, has been reformed with energetic and credible leadership and is now a house-hold name. The 17 successor PHCN companies are being privatised in an unprecedented transparent process. The Transmission Company of Nigeria has been concessioned to Manitoba while the Bulk Purchaser has been created to buy power in bulk from power private power generation companies and engender confidence for private sector participation in the sector. The NIPP projects (power plants, distribution and transmission facilities) and gas projects are being pursued with renewed vigour and urgency to bring many of them to quick completion.

Power generation peaked at 4,500 megawatts late last yr. About 1,000 megawatts was lost 2wks ago due to maintenance works on some gas pipelines but the maintenance works is over and power generation is now at over 4,000 megawatts with expectation of reaching 4,600 megawatts in the next few days.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129989-nigerian-power-generation-rises-above-4000mw.html

3 Road Sector: though the govt inherited a network of dilapidated federal roads, it has intervened massively in the sector. Many of the ongoing projects the govt inherited have been brought to COMPLETION, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).

Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; and the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc

Bad portions on almost all federal roads all over the country, not mentioned above, were fixed under a massive intervention called Project Safe Passage. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Enugu-Portharcourt roads were among roads that received attention under Project Safe Passage.

4 Aviation: massive re-modelling of Airports have taken place in just under 2yrs. These Airports include Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos, Kano, Yola, Jos, PH, Kaduna, Calabar, Lagos and Abuja.

Also cargo terminals are being built in select Airports, building of international Airport terminals, etc,etc

5 Rail Transport System: Only recently the Lagos-Kano rail line was completed and commissioned. The govt spent a whopping N24billion to rehabilitate and restore the Lagos-Kano rail line after decades of dilapidation.
http://www.nanngronline.com/section/general/fg-spends-n243bn-on-rehabilitation-of-railway-track-md

Other massive interventions in the rail sector include:

**Inter-city passenger train services have been introduced in Minna-Kaduna route, Kaduna-Kano route and Kano-Nguru route; while intra-city services are already operational in Lagos, Kaduna and Kano states.

The Minna-Kaduna route for instance generates about N500,000 per trip up from initial N14,000 per trip when train services started along that route about a year ago.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116884-nigeria-railway-generates-n500-000-per-trip-on-minna-kaduna-route.html

6 Education: the education sector has seen some stability compared to the past (reduced strikes). 12 brand new federal universities have been created,etc,etc

For more https://www.nairaland.com/1183538/jonathan-working-haters-talking-new

For pictures https://www.nairaland.com/1190163/dump-pictures-video-federal-govt (as at late last yr)
Spot on.Slow and steady trannsformation.
As for Buhari, he will fail as usual.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by phineas: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
RUN Buhari RUN!

A voice of rejoicing is heard in our tents and in our camp,It is the voice of them that make merry,the voice of them that rejoice,May our God heal our land and give his people peace.

Your people remain loyal sir.May God go with you.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
[size=18pt]Making Nigeria Work Once Again, by Muhammadu Buhari[/size]

Published on Wednesday, 06 April 2011 21:31
Written by General Muhammadu Buhari

It gives me great pleasure to have this opportunity of standing before you this morning to say a few words about our party and what plans we have for you and the nation in our manifesto. Let me therefore begin by welcoming all of you to the event. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the CPC Election Manifesto which sets out our election promises and plan of action. Its central and urgent message is that as Nigerians, we must restructure the
country and change our ways. And in this there is an invitation to each and every one of us to come forward and join the struggle, so that together we take the destiny of this nation in our hands—and change it into a united, prosperous, caring, truly democratic Federal republic.

But before we will be able to do this, we must secure, manage and govern the country in a way that releases the energies and potentials of our people and direct these to wholesome ends. Giving this direction is what a CPC government is here to do in order to arrest the nation’s aimless drift.

In its 12 years of misgovernance the government of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, had bastardised the nation. In all this period, it has done very little that is right, even less that is proper, and nothing intrinsically useful or cost-effective.

It was as if they only came to pauperise the nation; and it could be said that during their time, the only places that prospered were the cemeteries and the bank accounts of a thieving elite. People in their thousands died due to poverty, hunger, disease and violent crises and violent crimes, as custodians of the nation’s resources smiled their ways to the bank.

The wealth, which would have alleviated the people’s poverty; the food, which would have satiated their hunger; and money for drugs, which would have restored them to health; and the resources for the maintenance of law and order, which would have ensured the security of the land, have all been siphoned by this insensitive leadership.

As a result, today, we cannot sleep safely in our beds or drive in safety on our highways in safety. Without power, without water and without good roads, we lack all the things other normal societies take for granted.

We all know the problems of this country, and we have known them for the past 12 years ago and before; but, apparently, it is only now that the PDP is becoming aware of them, saying that it will try to solve them. So, where was the so-called largest political party south of the Sahara during the last 12 years? What stopped people of the ruling party from giving the nation electric power, something they promised to do after six months of coming to power?

What stopped them from securing the nation from communal, religious and political violence and from the new wave of terrorism? How many years do they need to do that?

And after this glaring failure they even had the temerity to ask for your votes. How on earth can anyone consider giving his vote to the PDP? Who in his right mind will consider four more years of this open thievery? Who in his senses will elect four more years of betrayal of trusts? Or four more years of broken promises? Or four more years of a collapsed and collapsing system? Or four more years of economic mismanagement?

Ladies and gentlemen, I am Muhammadu Buhari, and today I am 69 years old; and I am sure I don’t have to remind you that I have fought many battles in my life. I have fought drift and purposelessness in this nation. I have fought corruption and indiscipline. I have fought indolence and the betrayal of trusts. I have fought the Nigerian civil war and struggled for the unity of this country in many other ways.

I have had the fortune and privilege of managing national resources in various capacities—as a military commander, as a state governor, as a minister, as head of the Petroleum Trust Fund, and as the head of state of this great country. And in all that I have been and done, I have never touched a kobo of public funds.

I say this without pride and with all sense of responsibility and humility; but I challenge anyone in the race for the leadership of this country then or now to dare make the same claim.

After being head of state, I am sure I could easily have retired into a life of comfort and ease as an elder statesman, as a contractor or as a beneficiary of any one of the nation’s many generous prebendal offerings. But that is not what I wish to do with my life.

And so, if I don’t take any of these alternative courses of action, it should be clear that I am not in this for the love of office or for pursuit after personal glory or in order to achieve some personal goal. Far be it from me that this should be. I need nothing and I have nothing more to prove. I am in this solely for the love of my country and concern for its destiny and the fate of its people.

[size=18pt]And that is why, despite the many disappointments along the way, I am still in the struggle and will remain in it to the end. I have decided to dedicate the remainder of my life to fighting for the people of this country—until their right is restored to them.[/size]

We call on you to join us and change the destiny of this nation. And change is what CPC is all about. I am sure you will all agree with me that the question is not whether there we should change, because change we must.

The only questions remaining are determining the type of change and the speed with which that change will be implemented. To effect this, we have assembled a team of competent, experienced and patriotic Nigerians to become the vanguard of the change to get the country out the woods and away from the malaise that has kept it down.

We are on a rescue mission to recreate Nigeria and transform it into a powerful and prosperous nation. Our focus will be on improving the efficiency of national economic management; and the reintroduction of national economic development planning and the plan to successfully manage change.

The area of emphasis of our government will be on the following five: ensuring security, in which a CPC government will seek the disarmament of all criminal gangs in the nation and securing the entire polity; raising the standard of education and providing quality services at all its levels; the aggressive pursuit after youth development and youth employment generation; rehabilitating dilapidated infrastructure; and the total disarming of the Niger Delta, finding solutions to its social problems and laying down a comprehensive blueprint for the development of the area.

Along the way, we also intend to make this nation accountable and corruption-free, and bring morality back to governance. We shall make this nation uncomfortable to those who do not wish to play by the rules.

We shall challenge vested interests and erase unearned privileges. Propriety and legality will be our new watchwords; and, hopefully, in time this will become the new business as usual for the nation.

It goes without saying that this nation must be set free—from the clutches of a corrupt culture that has stunted the growth and development of democracy. A CPC government will seek to entrench democratic values, uphold the rule of law, respect the independence of the judiciary, and enforce the political neutrality of public service.

It is our undertaking that after just one term in office, a CPC government will entrench a new democratic culture that will be impossible to dismantle even by the most tough-minded anti-democrats.

We have set our priorities and we shall pursue them relentlessly. I urge you to read our manifesto and see what we have planned for this nation. And when you do so, you will see why, in the circumstance, the only sensible thing to do—is to vote for my party, the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC. It is a young party but it has already set all the others to flight. It will change the way politics is practiced in this country.

Our enterprise is truly an ambitious one. It is not just about winning an election: it is about restoring a sense of decency to our society. It is about taking pride in, and respecting, ourselves as human beings and consciously internalising democratic values. Unless we do this, development and true freedom will forever elude us and talents will never flower in the land. But if the answer is democracy, what exactly is the question? The question is: Why are we still not properly practicing it? And that is where CPC comes in—to provide the missing link. And with your support we shall begin to do just that in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you very much for your patience and attention.

Remarks by General Muhammadu Buhari,

Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC,

at the Public Presentation of the CPC Election Manifesto in Lagos ,

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6085:making-nigeria-work-once-again-by-muhammadu-buhari&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92

[img]http://3.bp..com/-tsjTnEY9SYw/TbB_1VLXsgI/AAAAAAAAAD8/wO4Y5Fo2ltI/s1600/Muhammadu_Buhari.jpg[/img]
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by REALIKUKU: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
Buhari has made himself an enemy of democracy when he overthrew a democratically elected government in 1983. therefor the GOD in heaven and the gods of nature will not permit him to rule this nation. He will remain a serial loser even if boko haram and there father prophet Mohamed(pis be on to him)mobilize all the Muslims to vote for him.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
[size=18pt]Buhari forcibly captures and attempts to bring back home, exiled ex-minister Umaru Dikko from the United Kingdom.
Dikko was accused of looting $4.5Billion (probably equivalent to $20Bn in 2013 terms)[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTMMoh7xUQ
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by tomakint: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
What more can I say? Enough said already! kudos to those who stood behind and are still standing in for JONATHAN definitely BUHARI is a spent force not to be taken into consideration again! I wonder how a Buhari administration in 1984 would shift blames to those hounding Chief Obafemi Awolowo and his acolytes to the 5th Columnist right under his watch that is a sign of gross ineptitude, definitely if Papa was 'mistakenly killed' he would still deny not knowing anything about it, I only give him credit for the WAI, because I saw discipline publicly for the first time in Nigeria way back then, but talking of structural developments to the polity, Abacha was even better off, Buhari my foot undecided Thank God Jonathan will remain to fulfill his "Good Plans" for us till 2019 cool
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by kutchs: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Undeniably Yes. 40 Laptop Crew is the best thing to happen to Cyber-Democracy. Who ever we support, rules. We will be here for ever.
You are the man Billy.
Pls tell dat old leaking windpipe we are not losers and so don‘t support losers.
Thank God light is almost regular in my area now so am going to watch Buhari shed tears again when he must have been whacked again.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Excellent7(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by danny301: 9:51am
"I like Buhari as a person but i sincerely feel he is pushing this ambition of becoming the President too far. Am beginning to think that Buhari has the notion that he is the only Nigerian that has what it takes to save the country from the present situation which is not true. Its true that GEJ is not all we expect of a Nigerian President yet its unfair to say that he has failed.... For the sake of Nigeria why not all the former presidents/heads of state drop their personal issues and rally around GEJ with their wealth of experiences and make succeed instead of distracting for their personal gains?

The problem of Nigeria is not just GEJ or any individual but institutional intricacies and complications and to solve such fundamental mental problems the president needs the support of every Nigerian especially the 'big guns'. Buhari or any other person would still not do much as the president under the same situation, Buhari may be a strong leader but we must not forget that ruling as a military dictator is not the same as presiding over a democratic state and within the tenet of the constitution. what Africa (Nigeria) need is not a strong leader ( like Buhari, OBJ, IBB, etc) but a strong and working institution and system...."

@ danny301
I have come to agree with the higlighted line in your statement concerning the subject.
Coincidentally that was the same thing his colleagues (IBB & Co)accused him of (....arrogating to themselves absolute knowledge of the solution to the nation's problem) when the overthrew his ass two decades ago. Somebody that has the link to the speech can insert a link. I doubt the leopard can ever change fer spots or the zebra its stripes. To me the guy is not really a democrat. Most people that were at least 10 years old when he held sway will not argue this.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by ademo1: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Just imagine the president of America in 1984 coming back to re-contest again in 2013. Ditto other progressive nations. Buhari contesting elections again will be the height of STUPIDITY.

In addition if someone who shed tears and vowed never to re-contest elections again cannot to stand by his words, how can we trust him in other things?
WOW!!! I SOO MUCH LOVE UR CONTRIBUTION. TELL THEM LET THEM HEAR. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR A WISE. GBAM!!!
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by tomakint: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
One funny thing about Buhari is that he has been hoodwinked by political sycophants with the song; "The downfall of a man is not the end of his life, sooner or later he shall overcome his problems" forgetting that in this case, it is not applicable to his status! In his rash judgments of his past administrations he had stepped on so many 'innocent and guilty toes' who unfortunately are part of those calling the shots in today's government and beside that Buhari is not a good administrator he is too rigid, even God can be Flexible in his Majesty how much less mere mortal like Buhari undecided
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by gurumaharaja(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Never hesitate 2 contest, u'll soon rule/control 9ja. So dat u can wipe out doz nincampoo
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by tomakint: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
gurumaharaja: Never hesitate 2 contest, u'll soon rule/control 9ja. So dat u can wipe out doz nincampoo
....only for you to wake up and see that all your wishes actually took place in your dreams undecided
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by prettyboi1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
By the Grace of God,in 2015 I would definitely vote for Buhari.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Rossikk(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ozonna:

That's politics for you. If you were in their shoes, you would do the same.

As for 2015 elections,i doubt if Nigeria will survive that election. Reason is if GEJ wins, Boko Haram will continue and if Buhari wins, under 1 week our 2.5m barrels per day will be reduced to 5000 barrels per day by militants. In fact i foresee a situation where there will still be lost of lives whether Buhari wins or Gej wins and our military will be over stretched.

Solution, let GEJ address the nation and NASS and call for a SNC before 2015 elections. For pete's sake, enough of the blood shed, we can't continue like this as a nation. The over 300 tribes in Nigeria should come together and discuss if we truly want 1 NIGERIA. Let whatever resolution made there be passed by the NASS without any debate since its clear they don't want to amend our constitution in any way.

If GEJ convenes SNC,it means his name will forever be written in Gold. He'll still go ahead to become he President of a new prosperous Nigeria/Southern & Middle belt Nigeria/Biafra & Niger Delta/Niger Delta.

Biko enough of this senseless killings

Ethnic groups, not "tribes". Dummy.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by otokx(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
I guess the association of witches and wizards have answered him accordingly.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
[size=18pt]23 March 1984  -  ITN News
BUHARI’S GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES “WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE”[/size]

Nigeria's military government is stepping-up its campaign against corruption, mismanagement and indiscipline at all levels in Nigeria society.

Preliminary hearings into corruption and abuse of office against former politicians and civil administrators have already begun and on March 21 the government launched its war against indiscipline.

One of the first areas under attack is Illegal Street trading in the capital Lagos. The military government of Major-General Buhari has promulgated a decree forbidding the street trading, a major source of income for many thousands of Lagos people. Police have already begun arresting street vendors and confiscating their wares.

The campaign is also designed to foster greater personal and social discipline with Nigerians being urged to queue for buses in an orderly fashion. The crackdown on indiscipline was announced by Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, a member of the Nigerian Supreme Military Council.

BRIGADIER TUNDE IDIAGBON: "I want you to bear in mind the need to emphasise self-discipline and leadership by good example.
Begin by drawing public attention to little but important everyday manifestations of indiscipline such as rushing into buses, driving on the wrong side of the road, littering the streets, parks and dwelling compounds, cheating, taking undue advantage of scarcity to inflate prices for quick monetary gains, constituting ourselves into public nuisances, walking without commitment and devoting little or no time to the upbringing of our children.

Up to this moment there has been no formal declaration of war against indiscipline, it is my pleasure therefore to declare today a launching day for the war against indiscipline."

[size=18pt]The Buhari administration identified indiscipline as the bane of the nation's ills and therefore decided to fight it in all its ramifications. Hence the pre-occupation of the regime was the launching of the different phases of the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) which has become a household word in may Nigerian homes. There were five phases of WAI, namely:-

a. Queuing (March 20, 1984)

b. Work Ethics (May 1, 1984)

c. Nationalism and Patriotism (August 21, 1984)

d. Anti-Corruption and Economic Sabotage (May 14, 1985)

e. Environmental Sanitation (July 29, 1985).

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.64.html
[/size]
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by nduchucks: 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
It is obvious to proper brained Nigerians that our last hope is a Buhari/Fashola administration followed by possibly Fashola/Sanusi or Oshi baba or an Ibo man, administration.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by TableLeg(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
dbride:

When will you outgrow your constant use of abusive words? Please represent Buhari very well as that will be a good way to start your campaign for him. You will NEVER win people to his side with your quick-to-abuse attitude. Learn one or two things from GBAWE; his STYLE and ATTITUDE are enough attraction! Much love.

I am no representative of Buhari...FYI
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sijo01:

Hello swthrt, how you doing?

Very well hon kiss
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Toktee(m): 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
miccodb: Is this the achievement that heralds the change we seek? if u consider this significant achievement to present Nigerian then we have a a grass root problem!
Who iz this guy imbec.ile;we are not asking for paper project,how many of these power station are working,and how many roads have they patch so far,keep deceiving yourself if at ur age you refused to speak the truth then i pity ur generation,maybe in the grave u will
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Toktee(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]23 March 1984  -  ITN News

Nigeria's military government is stepping-up its campaign against corruption, mismanagement and indiscipline at all levels in Nigeria society.

Preliminary hearings into corruption and abuse of office against former politicians and civil administrators have already begun and on March 21 the government launched its war against indiscipline.

One of the first areas under attack is Illegal Street trading in the capital Lagos. The military government of Major-General Buhari has promulgated a decree forbidding the street trading, a major source of income for many thousands of Lagos people. Police have already begun arresting street vendors and confiscating their wares.

The campaign is also designed to foster greater personal and social discipline with Nigerians being urged to queue for buses in an orderly fashion. The crackdown on indiscipline was announced by Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, a member of the Nigerian Supreme Military Council.

BRIGADIER TUNDE IDIAGBON: "I want you to bear in mind the need to emphasise self-discipline and leadership by good example.
Begin by drawing public attention to little but important everyday manifestations of indiscipline such as rushing into buses, driving on the wrong side of the road, littering the streets, parks and dwelling compounds, cheating, taking undue advantage of scarcity to inflate prices for quick monetary gains, constituting ourselves into public nuisances, walking without commitment and devoting little or no time to the upbringing of our children.

Up to this moment there has been no formal declaration of war against indiscipline, it is my pleasure therefore to declare today a launching day for the war against indiscipline."

[size=18pt]The Buhari administration identified indiscipline as the bane of the nation's ills and therefore decided to fight it in all its ramifications. Hence the pre-occupation of the regime was the launching of the different phases of the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) which has become a household word in may Nigerian homes. There were five phases of WAI, namely:-

[/size]
CARRY ON BRO,I THE FEEL YOU
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by drnoel: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
obisage: i know Buhari can not afford not to stop contesting.
sometimes i wish he could be given like 1 yr trial period to rule Nigeria.
because he has cried enough,
sometimes he crys as though the transformation of Nigeria only lies in his hands
Sorry, no trial period for anyone esp buhari. We want effective positive changes not progressive regressive changes. Buhari does not not have it. He does not have what it takes to rule cos he is very myopic in his northern mentality. He will destroy what has not yet being destroyed in the country if he rules, just like IBB scattered our economy.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by drnoel: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]23 March 1984  -  ITN News

[/size]
War against indiscipline was idiagbo's baby. That was why he "idiagbo" did most of the annoucements of that era covering those programmes. Buhari only sat on the fence and did what they asked him to do. Please Nigerians, let's not cloud judgement with sentiments. Call a spade a spade. Buhari is no go, there is no way he would rule nigeria.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by oonwuali(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Obiagelli: You have my vote Sir, I would campaign for you like i did in 2011 for the future of our children.

Btw
Hilarious name
Ahmadu Yaro Coca-Cola
Obiagelli: You have my vote Sir, I would campaign for you like i did in 2011 for the future of our children.

Btw
Hilarious name
Ahmadu Yaro Coca-Cola
[quote author=Obiagelli]You have my vote Sir, I would campaign for you like i did in 2011 for the future of our children.

U are waiting for Buhaha to help u prepare the future of ur children for u. Absurd! I wonder when people like u will learn and understand this country. I advise u to wake up and build ur children's future by urself otherwise, u will be living in a forelorn hope.
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Akpan107(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
ochukoccna:
Shut up there you gaseous windbag
He said 2011 was the last elections he would contest for but he didn't VOW?
What of your principal who said so and even has a written agreement to that effect but is now speaking gibberish through Abati,Gulak, Okupe and your likes aka laptop squad
Ebele who went on national TV to deny PDP's internal zoning arranement yet hounded the Reps for breaking it too by electing Tambuwal over Akande is now trustworthy?
If he has something to offer over this corrupt,inept,visionless and nepotistic dunderhead from the creeks,let him run
RUN BUHARI RUN
SAI BUHARI
Buhari can never rule Nigeria again... If you like, keep speaking this grammar till 2015 it will never help him win!!!! Kere jini Biri jini

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha Leaves UK Hospital For Israel / Nuhu Ribadu Set To Emerge Next Chairman Of PDP / Some Part Of Edo State Is Igbo Land A Case Of The Igbanke People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.